AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2016-03-24, 04:05   Link #301
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Spoiler for ep12:


6/10 Well Chika was fun
Solving mysteries is how they recruited most of their heavyweights, so they'd be worse off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 12:
Well, looks like Shimizu South High School Brass Band Club didn't move closer to the national competition.
There's no national competition in their category anyway. They wanted the gold because of course they wanted it, and for the publicity - to recruit more talent.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 07:53   Link #302
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Office Building, Shopping Mall
at least Chika puts her cute girl status to good use, cheering up everyone when they feel downed so i guess an RPG party needs her character class type,

not sure its a coincidence but it seems like Chika has a glasses fetish considering the characters that she interacts with other than Kusakabe sensei......including the girls......
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 09:46   Link #303
Kamieichi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
To those who know the original novel, how far have we come? Are there hopes for a sequel or at least a movie? We can't possibly let Haruta and Chika's story off at this early a stage.
A movie? Here. http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...shimoto/.99876

Well, I don't think there will be a sequel/movie. Considering disc sales and that P.A. almost never do sequels.

EP1 and EP12 were anime original episode, so 10 novel episodes, which is worth 2.5 novel volumes, were used for the anime. Currently 5 volumes are published, but the main charas are still in 2nd year. Sensei's secret is still a secret and their relationship remains the same. It needs more volumes and years until they reach Fumon-hall or some conclusion of the story. So, if you want to see some conclusion, I think they have to make an original story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Oh, and I'm sure Kumiko's band would wreck Chika's band no problem. :P
Well, it can't be helped considering the number of the people. But I think Kusakabe-sensei tops Taki-sensei in some respect at least.

Career: Kusakabe >>>>> Taki
Musical Technique: Kusakabe > Taki
Instruction ability: Taki > Kusakabe
The number of student who fall for him: Kusakabe(2)>Taki(1)

I don't know anything about music, so it's just my superficial impression though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Overall -- in addition to just about everything -- I was most taken with the performance of Emi Sarah Bridcutt as Chika, and the character design by Nishida Asako -- especially the eyes, and Chika's multi-coloured eyes in particular.
Looks like they are originally from NamanikuATK's design.
https://twitter.com/namaniku_ATK/sta...955520?lang=ja
"Chika-chan's eyes are rainbow-colored simply because it is the color of adolescence. I had never imagined it was revived in the anime. (Because it needs hard work of coloring.)"

===========================
Before the final episode, I had these expectations.
1 Kusakabe-sensei's secret to be revealed.
2 Performance scene.
3 Serizawa-san joins the club before the performance.

2 is, well, I prepared it would be something like this. So I'm glad there actually was one. Compared to Hibike!, the sakuga was a bit clumsy though.
Quote:
https://ultimatemegax.wordpress.com/...yamada-part-2/
Ishihara: Yes. There were various ideas with that too. We thought at the beginning that the worst would be not to show the performance. In the novel, the story ends right before the performance begins and the epilogue soars through the results announcement. That’s why, even though that wasn’t written, we felt the viewers would definitely want to see that performance. (laughs)
Yamada: Yep, they’d want to see it. (laughs) Ending as the stage light comes on or as the advisor’s hand goes up would feel a bit wasteful.
Oguro: I feel like I’ve seen an anime do that a few times. (laughs)
3 is because I've never expected to see the sequel, so I just wanted to see the performance which she also participated in. Of course I knew she joined the club after the performance by reading the novel, and she easily joining brass band club is not right; taking this long itself has its meaning for her character, but still...

1 is because that way, I thought it would be more final episode worthy. I expected they would show us his anime original secret, but in the end it was only just a hint. So I presume it's the same secret in the anime and the novel.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Just so you know, original Japanese line can't tell it's "She" or "He" in this scene. He only said "The person."
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
In a typical (or meta fictional or cliche) way, it's most likely "She", his girlfriend or his wife, though. (Of course it's possible to be his mother, father, sibling, etc.) If that's the case, it's very interesting to me because it would raise the high possibility that Kusakabe-sensei's secret is very close to a certain character's secret.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 10:41   Link #304
Cloudedmind
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: California
Age: 32
Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Well the show ended with my OT3 so I'm good. xD But seriously, I thought it was a fun cute show, with mostly likable characters.
__________________
https://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic219436_5.gif
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-24, 23:47   Link #305
serenade_beta
☆げしげし☆
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Spoiler for final thoughts:
__________________

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-25, 01:19   Link #306
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
Wadafaq was that? Wasn't conclusive enough to be a proper ending to the series, and yet didn't leave enough up in the air to feel as if there is going to be a continuation. Like it wasn't bad per se, but it sure as hell didn't feel like the last episode of a series. Reminds me a lot of the last episode of My Little Monster actually, if anyone has seen that show.

Well, was fun overall. It ain't going to impress anyone, but could have done a lot worse this cour. At least finally seeing Haruta take Chika by the hand (not the second time the episode, but the first time) was enough SQUEEE for me that I didn't want to hate the show. Enough "hetbait" yet not really going against the character; I'm ay-ok with that.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 21:21   Link #307
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Not here
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Last episode preview

I'll get to it, but in case you folks were wondering if I were still watching.


Haruchika picked a rather.... odd way of ending. It felt like more of an episode than a finale. But there's definitely a focus on Haruta and Chika. Let's look at how we got here. I wasn't too fond of 10-11, but they still had a few things worth pointing out.

Last time on Haruchika
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Sadly, with all this slacking off and somehow coasting to the finals despite Nao saying at every corner they suck, Chika finds herself ill-prepared because she was busy easlier that day, maybe saving falling kids, old ladies crossing the street, or perhaps even the world as she prepares her ultimate technique to get them past all this.

Last time on Haruchika Z (Spoilers for Dragon Ball Z too!)
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Thus thanks to Chika's efforts, the world was saved, however as Haruta noted, no amount of energy would give Chika musical talent. Will she be able to do it? Will Haruta finally express his feelings? Will Akari actually do something? Will Nao ever lighten up? And will we have another chicken? Find out next time on....

And the final episode finally begins.
__________________
Let us start here from Square one. No... from zero!
You do not wish to know anything. You wish only to speak.
That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2016-03-31 at 22:23.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-06, 20:32   Link #308
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamieichi View Post
。。。Looks like they are originally from NamanikuATK's design.
https://twitter.com/namaniku_ATK/sta...955520?lang=ja
"Chika-chan's eyes are rainbow-colored simply because it is the color of adolescence. I had never imagined it was revived in the anime. (Because it needs hard work of coloring.)...?
Ha! Good find. I looked for some of the novel illustrations, and it seems to me that Nishida-sensei went even further than the original toward rainbow colours. In any case, they picked the right character designer to make it all work. I was first struck by the many elements she used in eyes in Simoun (2006).
__________________
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 26). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru), Ben-To (Hana). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki), Kimi no Iru Machi (Rin). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Blade & Soul (Jin Valel), Soul Eater Not! (Meme), Seven Deadly Sins (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Gangsta (Nina), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy), One-Punch Man (Tornado), Onsen Yousei Hakone-chan (Goura), Hidan no Aria AA (Kirin). 2016 ERASED (Kayo), Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu), Ace Attorney (Mayoi), Tanaka-kun (Rino)....etc.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-16, 11:57   Link #309
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
TLDR
Awful male cast.

Good lead heroine.... who got sidelined so hard it made potential fans drop it as well, I don't know how it was in the source material but god, was it that bad?
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-08, 02:41   Link #310
Archon_Wing
Underwhelmed
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Not here
Age: 34
Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Yea, I forgot. I bet nobody remembered either, but let me properly send the series off.

Episode 12: A winrar is you

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

The last episode suffered from really rushed editing and really made some terrible mistakes that should have been easy to prevent; arguably that's true of the whole series. Still though, I think I enjoyed this series a lot more than I should have and the interactions between the two leads and the rest of the cast really propped up the show. Plus the last scene between Haruta and Chika almost made up for most of its problems.

It's funny because I think based on its premise, the show is sort of a failure but it managed to excel elsewhere. That does make it pretty tough to pick up, but its quirky brand of humor and displays of genuine heartfelt moments makes this a unpolished gem. Though like many other PA Works shows, you're really just left with what could have been.

Oh well. Had my fun.
__________________
Let us start here from Square one. No... from zero!
You do not wish to know anything. You wish only to speak.
That which you know, you ignore, because it is inconvenient.
That which you do not know, you invent.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2016-08-08 at 12:47.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 05:35   Link #311
AP24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...y-of-tv-series

They're continuing the story in audio drama CD. Too bad since this covers up until their graduation which is most likely the final story.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-19, 10:06   Link #312
Marcus H.
Toji Affairs Secretary
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
What? That's disappointing. It means that a second season is definitely dead.
__________________
Have a nice talk with the Animesuki forum members on Discord! (Promise, we won't bite!) Drop me or RRW a PM for the link!

Spring 2018: Amanchu! Advance (9/12) and Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (10/11).
Carryover from Winter 2018: Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card Arc (12/22) and Toji no Miko (22/24).
See the Toji no Miko Wiki Project in action!
Summer 2018: Hataraku Saibou and Kyoto Teramachi Sanjou no Holmes.


Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 35. Completed: 333. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-21, 13:15   Link #313
Kamieichi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...y-of-tv-series

They're continuing the story in audio drama CD. Too bad since this covers up until their graduation which is most likely the final story.
Haha. No no. Crunchyroll misread JP sentence from the source site. By 3rd year it means current 3rd year members, not Haruta and Chika, who are still in 2nd year. So, it means the drama CD has a story until the 3rd years graduate.
Kamieichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.