Requiem-x
The slacking one

In the latest Shinohayu

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-30, 22:30   Link #6162
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Well, I guess we can't have our protagonists winning yet after all. On the plus side now we have our rivals for next year, and a motivation for the incoming training arc. Fight-o!

That said I don't expect Hayari to go out without a fight. And to say they suck is a little unfair, they have consistently gotten close 2nd places against the prime contender for the national spot. Certainly not overpowered, but it makes for a more believable series when the protagonists are not kicking ass from (middle school) day one.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-13, 20:03   Link #6163
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Meanwhile, in the losers' match...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

There's certainly been lots of action in this game.
Old 2017-10-13, 20:31   Link #6164
Kazu-kun

FunaQ is a surprisingly shitty player. She's good at analyzing shit but sucks at actually playing the thing. She should let someone more skilled play and be the manager of the team or something.
Old 2017-10-14, 00:26   Link #6165
Proto

Bad streaks in Mahjong are a thing. Not to mention that in past matches she has ended with positive (quarter finals) or only slightly negative scores (semi finals). It happens, and being the only second year in one of the top schools in the nation shouldn't be just for show.
Old 2017-10-14, 16:29   Link #6166
Kazu-kun

She played scrubs in quarter finals. She's just not good. Senriyama's pretty much fucked once Toki, Sera and Ryuuka graduate.
Old 2017-10-23, 15:48   Link #6167
The Green One

Saki chapter 181 is out if anyone still cares.
Old 2017-10-23, 20:33   Link #6168
Proto

A lot of people do, it's just that recent chapters haven't let themselves to much discussion. The 5th place math has been rather trite, it feels more like an encore that lets all the players shine rather than a free for all deathmatch.
Old 2017-10-23, 20:50   Link #6169
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Yeah, I can see why people just want to get to the main event already. I'm sure some are tired of practicing their ptayers for Yuuki.
Old 2017-10-23, 21:17   Link #6170
The Green One

We've had this championship match dangled just outside of our reach for years now. It's honestly difficult to care about the current match. It's not like I hate the characters or something, they're just not....important.....anymore.
Old 2017-10-23, 21:38   Link #6171
Kazu-kun

I must be the only one who cares more about this match then the finals. There's no one I'm interested in playing in the finals except maybe Nodoka. I do want to know about Saki's family mystery and all, but that has nothing to do with the tournament per se.

The 5th place match has Toki and Ryuuka, my overall favorite saki characters. I hope they'll get to the captain match soon though. Wanna see Ryuuka kicking some ass.
Old 2017-10-23, 22:46   Link #6172
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well... considering what we've seen in the Toki manga, Ryuuka could give us a good show. Hope Toki still has enough lap energy to give.
Old 2017-10-24, 09:03   Link #6173
Proto

Oh, I'm interested in the 5th place match alright. It's just that... look at the matches so far: everyone did well in the first and third matches. The only people to do poorly in the 2nd and 4th matches were Izumi and Funa-Q. It really feels like a refrain sort of match that is saying goodbye to the characters rather than an actual character arc.

Not to mention there has very little Mahjong throghout. Think back about why the Saki/Koromo/Kanna/Yumi match was so good: It stopped to give focus to individual rounds where it needed to, the inner workings of the player mind, the changing tides of the match throughout the game. It truly feels like a free for all instead of just people throwing rons and kans all over the place and a round being over in two pages.

Also, having more focus on a smaller set of characters allows you to care more easily about them. Case in point, which match do people care more about right now: The main series' or Shinohayu's?
Old 2017-10-25, 12:38   Link #6174
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto
Not to mention there has very little Mahjong throghout. Think back about why the Saki/Koromo/Kanna/Yumi match was so good: It stopped to give focus to individual rounds where it needed to, the inner workings of the player mind, the changing tides of the match throughout the game. It truly feels like a free for all instead of just people throwing rons and kans all over the place and a round being over in two pages.
Ritz put too much idea into that Saki/Koromo/Kanna/Yumi match. It is still the highest point of the series for me until now. Everything in that match is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto
Also, having more focus on a smaller set of characters allows you to care more easily about them. Case in point, which match do people care more about right now: The main series' or Shinohayu's?
Shinohayu is more interesting than the main series at this point. Quite unpredictable story and match result + interesting characters + beautiful and detailed art style. However, the best thing about it is the fact that it releases monthly with no delay and each chapter has appropriate amount of page.

Too bad, it's hard to recommend someone to read it because of how it connects to main series and Achiga-hen. (Actually, If not because of chapter 0, it should be able to read as the stand alone spin-off.)

Last edited by Marina2; 2017-10-25 at 13:08.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-25, 15:36   Link #6175
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Case in point, which match do people care more about right now: The main series' or Shinohayu's?
It depends on the characters for me. Right know I'd go with Shinohayu because I'm more interested in Yahari than FunaQ, but you can bet I'm looking forward to Ryuuka's match much more than Shizuku's. I really don't give much of a fuck about Shizuku, to be honest.
Old 2017-11-09, 17:28   Link #6176
King-Slayer

Don't really care about Toki's manga but hot parents are hot.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-27, 20:24   Link #6177
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Glad to see someone here appreciates fanservice, because oh boy, the next Toki is going to blow you away.

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2017-12-02, 13:10   Link #6178
AP24

Ch182 is out and it's nice to see that the author finished all the pages properly this time. The first page clearly shows that she's not wearing pantsu.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-02, 13:49   Link #6179
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Ch182 is out and it's nice to see that the author finished all the pages properly this time. The first page clearly shows that she's not wearing pantsu.
Meanwhile, that Mairu in the last page looks easy to exploit, in a very different way.

Meanwhile, in Shinohayu...

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Not gonna lie, I have mixed feelings about this development, but lets see where it goes.
Old 2017-12-15, 10:19   Link #6180
AP24

I saw Ch 183 raw, what's with Awai's boobs!?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri