AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2018-03-31, 07:17   Link #2561
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV0vI-wrXvY This is probably one of the better POKEMON english openings in a long time. It actually makes you want to watch the dub despite how butchered some of the names are.
Names? Meh, they just use the official English names which are a lot of the times fairly clever. Honestly, were it not for their apparent refusal to keep any of the original music, I'd say the dub was perfectly passable even if I really don't like some of the voices. Like, I've checked out a few clips of recent episodes and... who thought having Lillie sound like that was a good idea? She sounds like the sort of stereotypical "girl voice" that I would make. And I'm a 26-year-old man.

...Not that the Japanese version is perfectly free of annoying voices either, mind you.
Old 2018-04-06, 12:51   Link #2562
Twi

What is with Ash crossdressing?

Images
Big image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-04-10, 19:42   Link #2563
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
What is with Ash crossdressing?

Images
Big image
Once a season tradition since the original Ashley/Satoko in Eirika Gym.
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-29, 22:46   Link #2564
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Well, we missed out on cross dressing Ash in XY series, the one series along with DP Ash is the most bad ass in ironically.

I saw a trailer for the arc, for once it looks like it might just be an Ash and Team Rocket arc no other annoying school friends around? OMG Maybe I'll watch this one.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-03, 06:30   Link #2565
ImperialFlameGod8190

After the episode today you can say that Team Rocket is BADASS for pretty much the first time in the series

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-04, 12:14   Link #2566
Twi

Technically, they've been badass since they beat Ash early in the season and Mimikyu went to town on a Totem Raticate.

Anyway, just saw the episode of Sun and Moon:

Spoiler:

Overall, I liked the episode more than I have the ones with Ash... which is worrying in a certain sense.
Old 2018-05-04, 20:05   Link #2567
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Somehow I always imagined Acerola sounding like Nonon, but the big sis angle works too. Cute episode, and its nice to see Team Rocket be cool.

Quote:
Technically, they've been badass since they beat Ash early in the season and Mimikyu went to town on a Totem Raticate.

Anyway, just saw the episode of Sun and Moon:

Spoiler:

Overall, I liked the episode more than I have the ones with Ash... which is worrying in a certain sense.
Team Rocket having some of the better episodes is nothing new, really.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 08:16   Link #2568
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Somehow I always imagined Acerola sounding like Nonon, but the big sis angle works too. Cute episode, and its nice to see Team Rocket be cool.

Team Rocket having some of the better episodes is nothing new, really.
Better episodes perhaps but really think about it. They have their first win and now they're doing Z moves. They haven't been this good in a LONG TIME.

We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
Old 2018-05-11, 16:22   Link #2569
Twi

Mister Buddy has done a video on what if England was a Pokemon Region:

YouTube
Old 2018-05-24, 18:49   Link #2570
Twi

New episode of Sun and Moon left me upset that Ash won. Mostly because Mimikyu was on fire this episode.

Spoiler:

Am I wrong for wanting them to win for once?
Old 2018-05-24, 23:14   Link #2571
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
New episode of Sun and Moon left me upset that Ash won. Mostly because Mimikyu was on fire this episode.

Spoiler:

You don't need to put a spoiler tag since the episodes usually out and subbed by noon. As for the battle yeah it was horseshit of the highest variety. Meh not surprised.

Old 2018-05-24, 23:31   Link #2572
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:

Spoiler:

It's been 18 months since I dropped off the Pokemon anime, and while I do understand your frustration, TR trio beating Ash even once NEVER is going to happen. In fact, can and must NEVER happen.

Why?
To my understanding, TR trio are established antagonistic, villains with a clear and nefarious purpose to steal other people's pokemon and, particularly, obsessed to steal Pikachu from Ash at any cost; being doing that futile, personal enterprise for around 1000 episodes and the result Always ending in failure.

Because, they are the villains, then the protagonist character, Ash, has to Always defeat them whenever doing misdeeds or crossing paths with the protagonist, again for the reason that they want to do mischief.

I can imagine if in the unfathomable and hypothetical scenario TR trio were to beat Ash in an overwhelming and crushing manner, then there will be outcry from the target, demographic viewers being little children.

I believe is like one trying to sort out frustration at understanding why in Sentai shows like Kamen Rider or Ultraman the MC has to always win every major battle at the climax of each story arc against a particular villain monster or antagonistic warrior, that to the surprise of the MC, displays a higher level at fighting, power levels, putting to good use strategy and skills, and is able to actually deliver a hell to the MC, nonetheless, the protagonist manages to always turn the tide of the battle at the end.

Of course, you're welcome to let's agree to disagree with me and present more plausible, valid, and/or practical explanations as to why, even if in the rare instances that they put up a truly good fight, still TR trio always gets owned by Ash.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-25, 13:34   Link #2573
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
You don't need to put a spoiler tag since the episodes usually out and subbed by noon. As for the battle yeah it was horseshit of the highest variety. Meh not surprised.
It'd feel less like a Deus Ex Machina though if he'd been practicing mastering Electroweb and then Ash ordered him to use it to protect himself when the Z-Move was coming, so it caught Team Rocket off-guard. And if Pikachu wasn't getting his butt kicked the entire time. Give me something like the battle with Olivia at least.

And the 10,000,000 Thunderbolt coming out of nowhere whenever Ash is getting his ass handed to him in a fight he can't win normally (Lusamine) really does feel cheap too. It's like how Rowlet got Razor Leaf by sitting on a tree.

On the other hand, the Pokemon Special manga has been excellent so far. Guzma gets kidnapped by Nihilego, Sun getting the crap kicked out of him by an Ultra Beast (as in literally spiked through a windshield only to recover minutes later), and the Ultra Beasts do more damage in one panel than they do in all of Sun and Moon the game and anime combined. The manga is where its at.
Old 2018-05-29, 22:05   Link #2574
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
It's been 18 months since I dropped off the Pokemon anime, and while I do understand your frustration, TR trio beating Ash even once NEVER is going to happen. In fact, can and must NEVER happen.

Why?
To my understanding, TR trio are established antagonistic, villains with a clear and nefarious purpose to steal other people's pokemon and, particularly, obsessed to steal Pikachu from Ash at any cost; being doing that futile, personal enterprise for around 1000 episodes and the result Always ending in failure.

Because, they are the villains, then the protagonist character, Ash, has to Always defeat them whenever doing misdeeds or crossing paths with the protagonist, again for the reason that they want to do mischief.

I can imagine if in the unfathomable and hypothetical scenario TR trio were to beat Ash in an overwhelming and crushing manner, then there will be outcry from the target, demographic viewers being little children.

I believe is like one trying to sort out frustration at understanding why in Sentai shows like Kamen Rider or Ultraman the MC has to always win every major battle at the climax of each story arc against a particular villain monster or antagonistic warrior, that to the surprise of the MC, displays a higher level at fighting, power levels, putting to good use strategy and skills, and is able to actually deliver a hell to the MC, nonetheless, the protagonist manages to always turn the tide of the battle at the end.

Of course, you're welcome to let's agree to disagree with me and present more plausible, valid, and/or practical explanations as to why, even if in the rare instances that they put up a truly good fight, still TR trio always gets owned by Ash.
Uhhh i hate to inform you but TR actually DID beat Ash early in the season. When james first caught Mareanie they beat him.

Old 2018-05-30, 12:06   Link #2575
Twi

Then Bewear popped up and stole them away.
Old 2018-05-30, 20:11   Link #2576
MCAL

Seeing as Gen 8 has been announced for sometime in the second half of 2019, expect the next series to start airing around that time.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-30, 22:54   Link #2577
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Then Bewear popped up and stole them away.
at least he let them finish the battle.

Old 2018-07-08, 15:04   Link #2578
Chosen_Hero

So I just watched the episode where Nebby evolves into Solgaleo and I have to say that the way Satoshi/Ash receives the z-power ring is a load of horseshit (as I had already said in this very thread the moment the OP changed). It is even worse when you know that the Z-power ring (unlike the normal z-ring) is supposed to be a piece of Necrozma. The writers clearly don't communicate with Game Freak to at the very least get the lore right.
Old 2018-07-08, 21:44   Link #2579
Twi

Oh it gets worse, my friend. Manga is on point though.
Old 2018-07-08, 22:20   Link #2580
Chosen_Hero

Yeah I can feel it will get worse (to be fair, anything post Sinnoh is just bad). As for the manga, sorry but I don't read the manga since in my opinion it is even worse than the anime since it reads like a bad pokemon fanfic.