AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-03-21, 17:37   Link #361
Robotech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist 99 View Post
I am wondering how the manga will handle Goku's fight with Kale ! I hope it will not be like the anime where SSB Goku got his ass kicked by Kale, Akira Toriyama should remember how badly fans reacted from this.
Akira Toriyama does not do the manga though, his draft info will not change. I'm sure the exact nature of any encounters will be different in the manga since it usually is, although I've heard that most of the U7 team was specified by Toriyama who they lose to (except Tien I guess, lol).

Also, all of Goku getting his ass kicked was pre-Blue. With SSB she just tanked the Kamehameha and face palmed him, but then fizzled out. Not enough to constitute ass kicking. Considering how well SSB Goku did against Kefla while tired out, I don't think SSB Goku would have actually had any trouble with her if he got serious.
Robotech Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 04:54   Link #362
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Yeah. And (incomplete) Ultra Instinct Goku kicked ass there.
Old 2018-03-23, 07:25   Link #363
Sixth
Hu Tao

Spoiler for So Toyotaro drew this in the past?:

Maybe it is a good thing not to let him to write the storyboard after all.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 07:46   Link #364
grecefar

I knew the name toyotaro sounded familiar but never remembered were...
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 08:45   Link #365
DragonOsman
Dragon King

What manga is that from? And is it canon?
Old 2018-03-23, 08:47   Link #366
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Dragon Ball AF by Tobyle (Toyotaro's previous name). And no, it's just a fan manga.
Old 2018-03-23, 08:53   Link #367
grecefar

he never got to goku ssj5 right?, I only saw gohan ssj4.
Old 2018-03-23, 13:31   Link #368
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The one with SSJ5 is the Dragon Ball AF by Young Jiji, I believe.
Old 2018-03-23, 18:58   Link #369
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Spoiler for So Toyotaro drew this in the past?:

Maybe it is a good thing not to let him to write the storyboard after all.
I don't see the whole thing, but was fun, what's wrong?

Quote:
Is the fanfiction that got him hired.

Whatever, if he changes the battle of Vegeta vs Toppo, I'm going to get angry.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 11:26   Link #370
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for 35:
Old 2018-04-21, 19:50   Link #371
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Wait, no epic 'come up with a special move and almost win' move like the anime? I hope they at least TRIED to make the impression that he could win =01...

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-21, 22:32   Link #372
grecefar

Well this jiren is still OP but at least is taking this more seriously.
Old 2018-04-22, 08:45   Link #373
Sixth
Hu Tao

Is it just me or Manga Goku is like 100x scumbag than usual?

Spoiler for Chapter 35 event:

Manga Hit got the shortest stick in the manga. No power up. No elimination. Only humiliation.
Old 2018-04-22, 09:36   Link #374
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Goku is a true Saiyan. Like Whis said, what he did is just from one of the bad habits of the Saiyans: wanting to fight all-out against strong opponents solo. That's why he didn't want to team up to take Jiren out. It's because it'd go against the pride of the Saiyans. Although he and Vegeta do still team up to fight Jiren in the anime towards the end. That was a one-off thing, though.

Anyway, just read chapters 34 and 35 a bit ago. Man, Frieza tricking Frost was done pretty much the same as in the anime. But I didn't like how Tien and Krillin got taken out so soon. Wasn't it better for Krillin in the anime?

I like Hit's new technique. Props to Goku for noticing that Jiren was holding back, though.
Old 2018-04-22, 11:11   Link #375
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Wait, no epic 'come up with a special move and almost win' move like the anime? I hope they at least TRIED to make the impression that he could win =01...
He had a special move (time lag, basically slowing time down for a single target) and it looked like it was working, until Jiren got close to the edge of the ring and ended things with ONE PUNCH. Jiren pretended time lag was working against him to lure Hit toward the edge and eliminate him more easily. All in order to save up his strength.
Old 2018-04-22, 11:37   Link #376
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Goku is a true Saiyan. Like Whis said, what he did is just from one of the bad habits of the Saiyans: wanting to fight all-out against strong opponents solo. That's why he didn't want to team up to take Jiren out. It's because it'd go against the pride of the Saiyans. Although he and Vegeta do still team up to fight Jiren in the anime towards the end. That was a one-off thing, though.

Anyway, just read chapters 34 and 35 a bit ago. Man, Frieza tricking Frost was done pretty much the same as in the anime. But I didn't like how Tien and Krillin got taken out so soon. Wasn't it better for Krillin in the anime?

I like Hit's new technique. Props to Goku for noticing that Jiren was holding back, though.
If Goku doesn't want to team up, why is he even attacking Jiren with Hit in this chapter? Contradiction too much? It is almost like the manga author doesn't even know what he want to do with Goku character.

Also, Goku also teamed up with No.17 and Frieza too in the anime vs Jiren. Hardly one-off thing.

Last edited by Sixth; 2018-04-22 at 12:09.
Old 2018-04-22, 11:53   Link #377
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Goku and Vegeta normally don't team up with each other, do they? That's what I mean by a one-off thing. And with Hit he just want to win with someone else's help I guess.
Old 2018-04-22, 12:09   Link #378
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Goku and Vegeta normally don't team up with each other, do they? That's what I mean by a one-off thing. And with Hit he just want to win with someone else's help I guess.
Vegeta did team up with Future Trunks though.

For me, Goku and Vegeta are just a sore loser. They always chose to gangbang their opponents when they can't beat the opponent alone. So much for Saiyan/Warrior Pride.

The only true warrior in this series is Jiren (I guess). In the end, he is still fighting alone even if he is losing.

Also, I think the anime handles the 1st Jiren fight better. At least Goku was try to solo Jiren only to get his saiyan pride shattered hard.
Old 2018-04-22, 13:53   Link #379
Blueknight78

well basically anime tournamente so far was being much, much better than manga, which is basically cutting a lot of things making characters pathetic downplay, basically disappointing in comparation with anime.
Old 2018-04-22, 16:55   Link #380
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
well basically anime tournamente so far was being much, much better than manga, which is basically cutting a lot of things making characters pathetic downplay, basically disappointing in comparation with anime.
But its making it feel more like a battle royal. Sure, you can argue the tournament in the anime is making everything feel rushed, but thats only because of how drawn out the anime tournament was. We can remember the jewel moments of the anime tournament of power, but I will never forget the amount of trash that was in it because of the weeks I invested in it. Manga just makes more sense
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donkan mc