Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2011-09-25, 23:07   Link #6161
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Spoiler for Special Chapter Cola:
Old 2011-09-26, 00:42   Link #6162
MAX_COLA_POWER!

At first glance, I thought Kyero found a chapter just for me^^;;.
MAX_COLA_POWER! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 01:09   Link #6163
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

I might be wrong, but seems like Gildarts didn't run away? Looking at the running away scenes, didn't spot him in them. Maybe he has a bigger role to play by holding hands with Makarov to stop the dragon or something. They had to believe he had a chance against the dragon if they sent him on a quest after it right?

Oh, and since the tree has been restored, there is a good chance that the enchant is still alive and Makarov won't die since Fairy Tail members can't die on the island.

On a side note, does this mean that the Fairy Glitter and other great fairy tail magics will be lost?
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 10:18   Link #6164
ronin myael
lost ronin

ahhh...zeref...black dragon...fairy tail youngsters running amok...makarov in trouble... i hope the next chapter would be more interesting.
Old 2011-09-27, 10:03   Link #6165
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

He won't die just yet. The way things are in FT, meaningful deaths either are told through flashback or have adequate foreshadowing. It would be extremely interesting if he DID die within the next 3 chapters and FT got kicked out of the alliance somehow.
Old 2011-09-27, 12:05   Link #6166
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
He won't die just yet. The way things are in FT, meaningful deaths either are told through flashback or have adequate foreshadowing. It would be extremely interesting if he DID die within the next 3 chapters and FT got kicked out of the alliance somehow.
What alliance is there for Fairy Tail to get kicked out of? They only allied with Blue Pegasus, Lamia Scale, and Caitshelter (yes, I know) to take out Oracion Seis and only Oracion Seis, so as far as I'm concerned, that alliance was already dissolved.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 12:08   Link #6167
haegar
mangaviking

and why would they get kicked out? "hey an evil dragon killed your master, get lost!"
can't quite follow the line of thought there
Old 2011-09-27, 12:47   Link #6168
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

People actually care for that useless alliance? I didn't realize that perfume nose hair guy had so many fans...
Old 2011-09-27, 13:07   Link #6169
haegar
mangaviking

just cause I said I can't follow the thought doesn't imply Ichiya fanhood, desu ne?!
Old 2011-09-27, 13:25   Link #6170
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I think Cloak meant they might be forced to disband, or otherwise labeled as a dark guild. Remember that the reformed council has been hunting for another excuse to put Fairy Tail out of business. That's the entire reason Mest was there to begin with.

"Your sacred ground was the hiding grounds for Zeref" sounds like the most perfect excuse they could hope to find.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 13:40   Link #6171
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Well for some stupid reason the magic council hates fairytail, i have no idea why they have stoped every single bad guy so far who wanted to destroy the world or rule it.

Honestly the council should just say...thankyou for saving our lives
Old 2011-09-27, 13:43   Link #6172
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They also tend to cause millions in damage for something as simple as catching a bunch of thieves. Yeah, in the case of Nirvana they were just being assholes, but when Natsu destroyed an entire harbor just to defeat Bora the council had a right to complain. And going by the large, large stack of letters complaining about Fairy Tail, the later is quite commonplace.
Old 2011-09-27, 13:55   Link #6173
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
They also tend to cause millions in damage for something as simple as catching a bunch of thieves. Yeah, in the case of Nirvana they were just being assholes, but when Natsu destroyed an entire harbor just to defeat Bora the council had a right to complain. And going by the large, large stack of letters complaining about Fairy Tail, the later is quite commonplace.
still the amount of animosity form the council seems beyond the normal bureaucratic crap and seems a lot more personal.

Also this is a new council with new council members that seems more piss off at FT then the old council.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2011-09-27 at 14:06.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 14:07   Link #6174
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

The new council is pretty much into "hurdur, let's make an example out of someone and show we're better than our predecessors so we can stay in power!" mode right now.
Old 2011-09-27, 14:16   Link #6175
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I so hope Makarov will die.

Don't get me wrong, I like him, but he's been outclassed alread by Hades. He isn't the strongest character in the series anymore -- not even close from the looks of it. Due to that, he has lost a considerable amount of value as a mentor character on a writing level. The real reason I want to see him drop though, is that Fairy Tail desperately needs some deaths of developed characters.
Old 2011-09-27, 15:00   Link #6176
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

They've been building up Makarov's end as Fairy Tail's master ever since the Phantom Lord arc, going out with a bang fighting a giant dragon sounds like a fine ending to me.
Old 2011-09-27, 15:19   Link #6177
Casshern

The members on the magical council aren't necessarily nice, fair, or even on the side of good. Jellal and Jose were on the old council, and while they were pretty much the only two evil members we know of, the new council looks much more openly malevolent. Each member could have their own agenda for destroying FT, they could be allied with dark guilds or they could even be secret dark guilds themselves. In the end it could be that they have it in for FT simply because it's the most powerful guild in Fiore.

I hope Makarov wont die, although his chances of surviving are pretty slim. I disagree wholeheartedly that FT needs deaths to develop the main cast. Too many manga are hasty to exploit death and too many readers take it for a given imo. Oda did it perfectly, Kishi is imo at the limit of exploiting deaths in his series, and Kubo has cheated death a little too much.

FT is more like OP. It's supposed to be lighthearted and fun. If you think about the hole that will be dug with a death like Makarov's, it's not something that's easy to get out of in order to restore the original FT atmosphere. Not saying that his death wouldn't drive the story forward, just saying there are alternative ways to take care of this arc as well as other ways to handle Makarov's death, if he just has to die no matter what. For example, it would be more fitting imo if Makarov met his son again before dying.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:32   Link #6178
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casshern View Post

FT is more like OP. It's supposed to be lighthearted and fun.
that is your interperation, doesn't mean either mangaka share the same view. Mashima has killed other characters in his manga before. It would surprise me more if he doesn't kill anyone of importance in FT then if he did.
Old 2011-09-27, 15:35   Link #6179
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The new council is pretty much into "hurdur, let's make an example out of someone and show we're better than our predecessors so we can stay in power!" mode right now.
True, but keep in mind the council hasn't exactly covered themselves in glory this arc. They spied on a guild using dubious justification, infiltrating and interfering with an internal exam meant to judge skill. When Zeref appeared on the island, and Grimmoire Heart showed up to attack, a battleship full of troops was single-handily blown up by one member of GH that was later defeated by one member of Fairy Tail. They failed to regroup in time to do anything effective, and immediately soiled themselves and fled the island in fear at the mere mention of a dragon's name by Zeref.

Fairy Tail meanwhile went on to repel Grimmoire Heart's attack, damage their base ship, weaken their guild master, and killing a few of their most powerful members, without any fatalities in return. And if things continue they way they look to be going, only their guild master losing his life to the dragon the council troops so feared so that everyone could escape. Something that probably could have been avoided, if the council troops had stuck around to take custody of the weakened GH, and warned Fairy Tail of what was likely coming so that everyone could escape the island.

All told, not the sort of story the council wants to see get out into the media, particularly given that Fairy Tail's defense of "We had no idea that Zeref was alive and on the island. We were barely aware there was someone claimed to be him on the island at the time of the incident, much less that claim was genuine." Is the unvarnished truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The real reason I want to see him drop though, is that Fairy Tail desperately needs some deaths of developed characters.
Why? Plenty of series go for longer than Fairy Tail, if not their entire run without the deaths of any developed characters. Randomly killing characters with good development isn't a requirement, or something that automatically raises the quality of a series.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 15:48   Link #6180
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Is the unvarnished truth.
and when has the truth every affect a governing body form spinning it the way they want?

Form the Council

The Council having receive certain information indicating several members of Fairy Tail being involve with the Zeref Death Cult. The Council authorize a member of the Council security forces to infiltrate Fairy Tail to investigate if there is any truth to these rumors.

During the investigation, the Council was able to determined that Fairy Tail and Grimorie Heart were allies and both guides were a part of the Zeref Death Cult and that Zeref himself was located on Fairy Tail island which protected him form discovery while he gather his strength.

The council force sent to investigate Fairy Tail Island was a able to repel a attack by both FT and GH but the ship was damage and was force to withdrawal but not before deal considerable damage to both FT and GH.

Orders have been sent out to detain and arrest any past and current members of Fairy Tail. Lethal force is authorize if members of Fairy Resist.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen