AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-06, 23:58   Link #10181
Phibrizzo
Honos628

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I had gotten the impression that Knight Leader used gravity magic, but looking at the updates it seems that it's the process of his magic that's described like that.

Also, not to nitpick, but it seems Kazuma made the same mistake Nasu did, thinking of Brionac as some Celtic weapon, when Lugh's spear is Areadbhar. I'm not completely sure, but I've never heard of Brionac in any Celtic myth. I could be wrong, though.

Apparently Brionac is something a game called Densetsu Seiken came up with. Seems that they have the same taste in games...
Even if it isn't accurate they can construct weapons based on myths even if they aren't real (like Ascalion).
Old 2011-05-06, 23:58   Link #10182
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I had gotten the impression that Knight Leader used gravity magic, but looking at the updates it seems that it's the process of his magic that's described like that.

Also, not to nitpick, but it seems Kazuma made the same mistake Nasu did, thinking of Brionac as some Celtic weapon, when Lugh's spear is Areadbhar. I'm not completely sure, but I've never heard of Brionac in any Celtic myth. I could be wrong, though.

Apparently Brionac is something a game called Densetsu Seiken came up with. Seems that they have the same taste in games...
No...Knight Leader's so called black hole is more like manipulation of distances...
Old 2011-05-07, 00:18   Link #10183
Phibrizzo
Honos628

I feel his power is a mix of distance manipulation, with multiple strikes from different weapons from different angles.
Old 2011-05-07, 00:53   Link #10184
UNDER_LINE

Quote:

After some Googling, it seems that Areadbhar is known as Brionac in Japanese for some reason, possibly because of translation errors from old literature. So if that is to be believed, then Brionac = Areadbhar. Aside from Seiken Densetsu (Legend of Mana), the Brionac also appears in many other games.
Old 2011-05-07, 01:09   Link #10185
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Because Crowley is on a higher plane than Fianma. So he outranks him. Is simillar to the spiritual version of a 3D knife coming down to slice a 2D drawing...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
I feel his power is a mix of distance manipulation, with multiple strikes from different weapons from different angles.

Part 7 is already done and in there Acqua completely sees through the nature of Knight Leader's attacks... His wiki article is going to need a lot of work :P

This technically finishes the fight between the swordmans, since part 8 is about Floris (♥♥♥) & Touma and part 9 is already done.

Last edited by Okashira; 2011-05-07 at 03:17.
Old 2011-05-07, 01:21   Link #10186
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Part 7 is already done
And thus the mercenary certifies his Badass credentials.
Old 2011-05-07, 07:45   Link #10187
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNDER_LINE View Post
After some Googling, it seems that Areadbhar is known as Brionac in Japanese for some reason, possibly because of translation errors from old literature. So if that is to be believed, then Brionac = Areadbhar. Aside from Seiken Densetsu (Legend of Mana), the Brionac also appears in many other games.
Oh, that's it? But really how do mistranslate Areadbhar as Brionac? And I was under the impression Seiken Densetsu was the game that started the misunderstanding.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-05-07, 07:49   Link #10188
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
And thus the mercenary certifies his Badass credentials.
After volume 16, does this guy really need to prove that he's the man?
Old 2011-05-07, 07:58   Link #10189
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
After volume 16, does this guy really need to prove that he's the man?
Not really. But he's a lot weaker now than he was then.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:30   Link #10190
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
If we rephrase that we have that as of now that Crowley is standing in the spot of the person superior to God.... And that's not even enough to reach his ultimate objective :P
IMO, Aleister isn't that different to Fiamma, if he really had the power there wouldn't be any need for Academy City and their several experiments.

Its because Aleister is lacking "something" that Fiamma was lacking before until his defeat by Touma, something Aleister won't understand 100 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Not really. But he's a lot weaker now than he was then.
When he goes to Russia he has his powers back to him.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:34   Link #10191
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Didn't Crowley summon that staff of his with a goal of using it against people like Fiamma should the need arise? Seems to me like Crowley needed to make preparations to get rid of Fiamma that easily.
Old 2011-05-07, 09:45   Link #10192
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
IMO, Aleister isn't that different to Fiamma, if he really had the power there wouldn't be any need for Academy City and their several experiments.

Its because Aleister is lacking "something" that Fiamma was lacking before until his defeat by Touma, something Aleister won't understand 100 years later.
Aleister Crowley is doing the exact same thing as Fiamma, what with the creation of Academy City and everything. He has his own 'temple', and Angel, and even a Right Hand power. Aleister did one smart move though, every one of his important piece has a 'Guardian' to protect them- be it Academy City, the Misaka clones, or Kazakiri Hyouka, or even Takitsubo Rikou, he has a Hero to protect them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phibrizzo View Post
Even if it isn't accurate they can construct weapons based on myths even if they aren't real (like Ascalion).
I wonder how many of these myths are real in toaruverse...
Old 2011-05-07, 10:27   Link #10193
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Aleister Crowley is doing the exact same thing as Fiamma, what with the creation of Academy City and everything. He has his own 'temple', and Angel, and even a Right Hand power. Aleister did one smart move though, every one of his important piece has a 'Guardian' to protect them- be it Academy City, the Misaka clones, or Kazakiri Hyouka, or even Takitsubo Rikou, he has a Hero to protect them.
That implies that despite being on higher plane (La persona superiore a Dio), Aleister still can't reach his goal maybe becaus of lack of confidence which lead him to create AC. I think there is two difference between Fiamma and Aleister, the first almost reached the goal very fast but with the wrong Aeon while the latter is using the correct Aeon but with slow progress.
Old 2011-05-07, 11:24   Link #10194
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That implies that despite being on higher plane (La persona superiore a Dio), Aleister still can't reach his goal maybe becaus of lack of confidence which lead him to create AC. I think there is two difference between Fiamma and Aleister, the first almost reached the goal very fast but with the wrong Aeon while the latter is using the correct Aeon but with slow progress.
I don't think so; rather than not even confidence, those just seem like necessary steps. But we all know (now) what Fiamma wants to accomplish, but Aleister is a complete enigma. If we can take Awaki's word seriously, even Earth might just be a stepping stone for him.

There's one line of his that interested me alot that people don't seem to pay much attention to; when Tsuchimikado warned him not to screw around with Kamijou Touma less he gets his illusions destroyed, Aleister simply replied that all of his Illusions were already destroyed.
Old 2011-05-07, 11:27   Link #10195
Daft

Quote:
Aleister Crowley is doing the exact same thing as Fiamma, what with the creation of Academy City and everything. He has his own 'temple', and Angel, and even a Right Hand power.
About this, with Fiamma's plan to surpass god, everything spiraled around building up his power via his right hand. If Aleister is trying to do the same thing as Fiamma (as I see it too) would that not naturally make Toma get that power, since his right hand is being used? Or perhaps Aleister has a way to steal that position from him afterwards, because I don't think this is the kind of guy that gives charity.
Old 2011-05-07, 11:29   Link #10196
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
I don't think so; rather than not even confidence, those just seem like necessary steps. But we all know (now) what Fiamma wants to accomplish, but Aleister is a complete enigma. If we can take Awaki's word seriously, even Earth might just be a stepping stone for him.
He needs to refine the materials for his goal, just like Fiamma unsucessfully did.

Quote:
There's one line of his that interested me alot that people don't seem to pay much attention to; when Tsuchimikado warned him not to screw around with Kamijou Touma less he gets his illusions destroyed, Aleister simply replied that all of his Illusions were already destroyed.
Yeah, thats returns me the theory that there was a man before Touma with the same powers on the right hand which fought Aleister and destroyed his illusions.
Old 2011-05-07, 11:35   Link #10197
Daft

That would tie into why old man Terra was trolling Touma for not knowing how to use his right hand.
Old 2011-05-07, 15:33   Link #10198
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Part 8 is now available.... Those nuns just live in a whole different world.

Quote:
I pretty much agree with this.
- Aleister once was at the top of the current magical world, yet he couldn't get what he wanted.
- Aleister has the possibility of destroying the current magical era and bring on the next one, however he has not used that (since he most likely can't get what he wants like that).

... In other words, the deal is not about how strong or weak he is, but it's because he can't achieve what he wants even with things like "La Persona superiore a Dio" what's important. For him "Magic" is just no good, thus he had to turn to science.

... Personally, the fact that Aiwass is a being free of God's will & is unaffected by God's law is to me the biggest clue of what no one else wants but Aleister pursues for either himself or the whole world; if he was just after something so simple as "destroying magic" he would have done so long ago since he has tools to achieve things like those.
Old 2011-05-07, 16:34   Link #10199
Ashaman

Quote:
She saw Agnese trying to get more information out of the defeated knight by force. She was moving the Lotus Wand in a rather questionable manner.

“Oh. So you like being struck more than being caressed? Ah ha ha. What are you trying to tell me with that twitching body of yours? Oh, what’s this? You react here, too? You seem to be much more sensitive here. Hee hee hee. A gentleman like you feels good having someone mess with his hole? What a pervert. How about I stick this wand all the way up there directly?”

“G-gyaaaaahhhh!! S-Sister Agnese is in her full-blown naughty mood!!”

“…Sister Angelene. Why is this surprising you now? Sister Agnese was acting like this in the incomplete Orsola Church during the Book of the Law incident.”

“Y-yes, b-but…I thought Sister Agnese was actually a lovely pure maiden!! I thought being seen naked by that boy was a new thing for her!!”

“Yes. Sister Agnese is the type of person that loves to flip up others’ skirts but hates having her own skirt flipped up.”

“Th-that’s horrible!?” said a flustered Angelene.

“…I recall you doing something similar,” said Lucia with a sigh of exasperation. “We should probably stop her soon. That may merely be a method to gather intelligence with no love or lust behind it, but it looks like that knight is going to fall into depravity if we don’t stop it now.”

“C-can we really stop Sister Agnese now that she’s this far gone!?”

“Returning her to her senses is simple. Don’t you remember what I just said?”

Lucia stared at Agnese’s ass while Agnese was too lost in operating the Lotus Wand to notice their conversation.

“Sister Angelene. This is a job for you. As I said, Sister Agnese is the type of person that hates having her own skirt flipped up.”

Whoa, what the hell? looks like Touma really does have a sadist in his harem.
Old 2011-05-07, 20:15   Link #10200
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Al's goal is even higher than Fianma's...what he actually seeks is the full knowledge of Aiwass's secrets.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen