AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 15 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 37.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 24.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.20%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.45%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 3.45%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.15%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.30%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-17, 17:20   Link #61
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
A technology is a technology aid, whether it's as big as a house or as small as computer drive.
Of course. But the thing is, while it's certain Aldnoah machines are special, can the same be said for their pilots? For Slaine? Who knows?

As for Inaho... Is the tech aid he gets special, or is he special for making the most of it? (It's not like he's going to be able to get in space and fight giant mechs without tech help. Or that bullet would have bounced off his eyeball instead of going through.)

And also... Is he going to "democratize" that aid? Is it possible?

(On another subject, confirmation of my absurd guess that the "wind" is the asteroids' gravitational fields.)
Old 2015-01-17, 17:21   Link #62
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

[QUOTE=Irenesharda;5406946]No, they established last season that only members of the royal family that have full administrator rights to Aldnoah can forcibly shut down someone else's activated drive. That's what Asseylum could do it as princess and Lemrina can do it as well.

And actually, Slaine is under no contract. He was simply returned allowance of the power that he already had. The whole "knights swear loyalty" thing, only applies to the Emperor and is more of a ceremonial duty than a necessity in getting the power.

That's kinda what I meant . Since Slaine was granted aldnoah rights by Lemrina doesn't that mean that if she dies he loses the activation factor. That's also what I meant by contact.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:22   Link #63
ChampDream
Alive

well, I'm glad Slaine and Inaho finally learn each other names, also it look like Lemrina is going to be a fun princess to watch.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:23   Link #64
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Well, they kind of had to go with the kissing since that's the only thing Slaine had in season 1. It would be ridiculous if it wasn't the kissing to have Slaine having the right. That's why they also had that CPR flashback with Inaho when he activated Deucalion.

That said, maybe Inaho needed Asseylum's blood to finalize the contract because she wasn't conscious when he "kissed" her, so she wasn't a willing participant. With Slaine, it was she who initiated the kiss, so he didn't need blood/fluid from her or from Lemrina now.
Actually, most people think that Slaine somehow got his abilities from his father, who was investigating the power of Aldnoah before his death.

And interestingly enough, when Lemrina kissed him, you could see the power go into his through a glow. You never saw that with Inaho at the CPR scene, or when Asseylum saved Slaine's life as a child. You only saw a glow later with the blood scene. So, I'm thinking it's more than just the act of kissing. It's probably the passing of the genes somehow through fluids or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post

That's kinda what I meant . Since Slaine was granted aldnoah rights by Lemrina doesn't that mean that if she dies he loses the activation factor. That's also what I meant by contact.
Not really, at least that's not been touched on yet. The death of a person only effects the Aldnoah drives that that person has activated. If it was true that the death of a royal revokes the power of all the people they gave the power too, than anyone who was given the power of Aldnoah by Gilzera would have lost it (this includes Asseylum and Lemrina) and everyone would be super-worried at the death of the Emperor Rayregalia, since all Aldnoah power is traced back to him and by that logic, when he dies he'll take all of Aldnoah out with him, which would doom Mars.

However, no one seems really worried, so I'm going to say, I doubt that's what happens.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 17:29   Link #65
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayes818 View Post
I don't think so, no. It's not massively clear either way, but it seems like you only lose an activation factor via a member of the royal family deliberately revoking it, rather than if they die.

After all, the Deucalion stopped working because Asseylum (who had activated it) died (temporarily, obviously, as she's alive now), but Inaho, who had received the activation factor from her, was able to activate it - his activation factor hadn't been revoked by Asseylum dying.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2015-01-17, 17:36   Link #66
Tchadnis

Quote:
Try, Emperor Gilzera just had a woman on the side. Lemrina is younger than Asseylum, so had to be conceived after she was. Gilzera died right before Asseylum's birth, so basically, he was messing around while Asseylum's mom was pregnant. Lemrina doesn't seem to be treated equally within the royal family itself, even though she is still respected as a princess. Also, since Asseylum has been the mentioned as the only one rightfully in contention for the throne, I'm guessing Lemrina isn't eligible.

Honestly, I think that Lemrina has a bigger chance of dying than Asseylum's ever had. She petty, dishonest, and is super jealous of her sister. I wouldn't be surprised if she somehow dies by accident or by her own volition at some point.
i can think of something when you said that lol , like Lemrina trying to kill Asseylum only to get shot down by Slaine , he seen to be liking that thing .. judging by the op and ending i dont think anything good will come for Asseylum as long she is in this state , she is at her sister mercy .. Lemrina is a tool used for her Aldonah power but she seem to be a petty smart tool.. nothing worse then a tool that know it being used
Old 2015-01-17, 17:38   Link #67
Krayes818
Three eyed crow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I don't think so, no. It's not massively clear either way, but it seems like you only lose an activation factor via a member of the royal family deliberately revoking it, rather than if they die.

After all, the Deucalion stopped working because Asseylum (who had activated it) died (temporarily, obviously, as she's alive now), but Inaho, who had received the activation factor from her, was able to activate it - his activation factor hadn't been revoked by Asseylum dying.
I guess that clears up my misunderstanding. The way Slaine and the Sauce were talking this episode it looks like we might get an ending with aldnoah being destroyed if it can be.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:46   Link #68
monster

Quote:
Actually, most people think that Slaine somehow got his abilities from his father, who was investigating the power of Aldnoah before his death.

And interestingly enough, when Lemrina kissed him, you could see the power go into his through a glow. You never saw that with Inaho at the CPR scene, or when Asseylum saved Slaine's life as a child. You only saw a glow later with the blood scene. So, I'm thinking it's more than just the act of kissing. It's probably the passing of the genes somehow through fluids or something.
The reason why I'm skeptical about the father is because we don't have any scene of him interacting with his father in a way which would've hinted of that possibility. And it doesn't seem like his father and him are on the same level as the Martian royalty in terms of having full right to Aldnoah, at least for now. So, as of right now, the kiss with Asseylum still seems to me to be the more likely method, especially since we got a confirmation of it in this episode.

As for the glow, one possible explanation would be that Asseylum did not know what she was doing when she was younger, thus the effect not being so noticeable. With Lemrina knowing what she was doing and the blood being a stronger method and what finalizes it for Inaho per my earlier assumption, the glow would be more noticeable. Also, like I said, it doesn't seem like Slaine received any fluid from Lemrina either.
Old 2015-01-17, 17:52   Link #69
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
The reason why I'm skeptical about the father is because we don't have any scene of him interacting with his father in a way which would've hinted of that possibility. And it doesn't seem like his father and him are on the same level as the Martian royalty in terms of having full right to Aldnoah, at least for now. So, as of right now, the kiss with Asseylum still seems to me to be the more likely method, especially since we got a confirmation of it in this episode.

As for the glow, one possible explanation would be that Asseylum did not know what she was doing when she was younger, thus the effect not being so noticeable. With Lemrina knowing what she was doing and the blood being a stronger method and what finalizes it for Inaho per my earlier assumption, the glow would be more noticeable. Also, like I said, it doesn't seem like Slaine received any fluid from Lemrina either.
No, with Dr. Troyard, many think that perhaps he was able to find the key to how the alien technology that is Aldnoah grafted itself onto Rayregalia's DNA. And using that, was was secretly able to give Aldnoah to himself and/or his son. There's nothing to confirm this, but that's the prevailing theory.

As for the glow thing, well, it looked like an automatic reaction to the power's presence, so that's why it's weird that it wouldn't show up in any scene that Asseylum was in.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 17:53   Link #70
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Well, as far the plot is concerned looks like both my "Versian Game of Thrones" theory and that magazine's "Slaine of the Rebellion" prediction were correct- or in other words:

Lemrina does have plans of eliminating her sister and taking the throne for herself after her grandfather's (likely imminent given his condition) death, AND Slaine is involved a rebellion against the feudal state in Vers- didn't see Saazbaum being the leader of the rebellion.

As for comments on the targeting systems, wouldn't be the first issue I'd have with the military tech in Aldnoah Zero, realistically, like I said, I suspect all of the guns would have targeting systems to compensate for windage.

As for actual combat units, the Vers actually made more sense- using actual space fighters instead of the same Kataphrakts they used on land. Although i do thing they could improve the Vers space fighters with a better targetting system for the guns and supplementing the guns with long range guided missiles to give them for tactical flexibility, much like the armament of a real-life fighter.

Overall, I'm more here for the conflicts between the Vers characters and Inaho being a badass than realistic space battles!
Old 2015-01-17, 17:58   Link #71
monster

Quote:
No, with Dr. Troyard, many think that perhaps he was able to find the key to how the alien technology that is Aldnoah grafted itself onto Rayregalia's DNA. And using that, was was secretly able to give Aldnoah to himself and/or his son. There's nothing to confirm this, but that's the prevailing theory.
Well, that's why I mentioned about the fact that Slaine did not show the same full right as the Martian royalty.
Quote:
As for the glow thing, well, it looked like an automatic reaction to the power's presence, so that's why it's weird that it wouldn't show up in any scene that Asseylum was in.
Well, if Asseylum ever wakes up, maybe we'll see her doing it this season and we'll see if they add the glow, maybe to Rayet.

All I know is that, in season 1, we have a young Asseylum possibly doing it, and an unconscious Asseylum doing it, and possibly needing the help of her blood to finalize it. So either one might be an unusual way of doing it.
Old 2015-01-17, 18:00   Link #72
Nicaea

I like that Earth side tries to level the playing field, I suppose that Marito and Yuki will aid in that. I wonder what kind of technological progress they made in order to boldy stand up against Vers.

The info we got from Vers was great too, it foreshadows a big change that will affect the tide of war.
Old 2015-01-17, 18:09   Link #73
MonkeyDude

Huh so season two looks like it will boil down to an epic showdown between Inahobot and Swayne with vat-hime in the middle. Even devoted the entire ED to show the differences between the two. Hell their entire fight scene highlighted the difference between their piloting abilities. Though it looks like Inaho already won the fight for Asseylum (arguably the only fight that matters in AZ).

Still interested whether Slaine actually has a master plan or it's only follow Count Sauce to world domination for the martian people. Also looking like Asseylum is in fact in a natural coma instead of a drug-induced one. A shame since I do think it would at least make that plot device a bit more interesting. Makes you feel sorry for Lemrina as she's just one giant pawn in all this regardless of how it all ends.

So is Lemrina trying to steal Slaine from Asseylum considered NTR when Asseylum is more than likely leaning towards Inaho? At the very least her words are usually the ones you hear before NTR happens.
Old 2015-01-17, 18:13   Link #74
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Makes you feel sorry for Lemrina as she's just one giant pawn in all this regardless of how it all ends.

So is Lemrina trying to steal Slaine from Asseylum considered NTR when Asseylum is more than likely leaning towards Inaho? At the very least her words are usually the ones you hear before NTR happens.
I actually don't really like her. She knows she's a pawn, but instead of doing anything about it, she sulks, does petty crap like turning off Slaine's Aldnoah drive right as he's about to go into battle and then won't turn it back on when she doesn't hear what she wants to hear.

She wants to take over her sister's life because she's jealous of her. I do pity her, and not in a good way. I don't think things will go over well for Lemrina by the end of this.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-17, 18:16   Link #75
Tchadnis

i see many people debating the "glow" effect on this new kiss but i think in season 1 they didnt use the effect as a plot armor , if you think about how the whole season 1 went down Slaine didnt know he had aldnoah or anything , same they wouldnt show Inaho getting it from the kiss saving the princess again it PLOT it all for the plot , it like playing poker , you aint showing your card until you sure you are winning , so there for they didnt use the glow effect earlier on because they had a purpose to keep us (watcher) from knowing Inaho and Slaine had acquire Aldnoah right
Old 2015-01-17, 18:25   Link #76
steam fish

lol inaho, the arima of aldnoah zero
Old 2015-01-17, 18:33   Link #77
jpwong

Wonder if they're still going to call each other Orange and Gull (Bat) the rest of the show or if they're going to go with their real names from now on?
Old 2015-01-17, 18:37   Link #78
AverageFan

Awesome Inaho keeping doing what your doing. Since Inaho is doing all the work it feels like time is being wasted on the other earth characters. I want them to get more involved and shot down at least one unit. But I do like the interaction between the characters. I just want to see them do more.

It feels like most of the plot is coming from the Martian side. Slaine and Saazbuan plans for Mars and Lemrian plans to take things from her sister

While I find it ridiculous that the the activation factor is transfer by a kiss, but I did find the little light show kind of interesting. Is it suppose to mean that the light of Aldnoah is transfer to the person or is it just a visual aid to show something happened?
Old 2015-01-17, 18:37   Link #79
fbi888

Quote:
I actually don't really like her. She knows she's a pawn, but instead of doing anything about it, she sulks, does petty crap like turning off Slaine's Aldnoah drive right as he's about to go into battle and then won't turn it back on when she doesn't hear what she wants to hear.

She wants to take over her sister's life because she's jealous of her. I do pity her, and not in a good way. I don't think things will go over well for Lemrina by the end of this.
Lemrina is actually quite a contrast from the princess. She's more realistic and cynical of the world and I can't blame her for looking out for herself. She's probably similar in personality to Slaine who both were treated cruelly by Vers. Lemrina turns off AZ to remind them she has some power and is not a pawn. Yes, Lemrina wants what the same things as her princess sister - can we blame her.
Old 2015-01-17, 18:41   Link #80
Mangonel

Knights of Sidonia style mech-links.

Slaine is a newtype now?

Inaho now has a mini computer-eye to do fast maths to aid his already encyclopedic scientific knowledge that has never been so much as lamp shaded.

This series is derpy. Entertaining, but derpy.
Closed Thread