AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 3 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 28.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 35.90%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-06, 01:22   Link #121
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Estavali, there is an additional problem with your idea. Such a ship would not be a frontline combatant, hardly deserving of the title "most powerful ancient Belka warship". The mission specification you described is more that of an armed transport.
Though one could argue that it's merely the most powerful on record in modern times. Which brings a scary thought, what would a true frontline combatant based on the same level of technology be like?
Hmm, an weapon where the Emperor holds the "Destroy Planet" button . Where have we seen this before?

I always thought of the Death Star as some sort of glorified throne, whose only purpose was to taunt the opposition into the unlikely act of landing a proton torpedo into a seemingly convienient hole

Funny thing about long odds and the law of averages is if someone tries long and hard enough, it's going to come true

On the concept of a conventional weapon that does everything? IMO, an automated weapons and factory platform would be the best bet. It would have some very hard hitting weapons for gatecrashing [read: beamspamming] and just drone hordes to flatten the rest. The Numbers are essentially it's field commanders, giving directed control for specific missions. In fact, I suspect Lutecia was brought out specifically as a mobile drone controller for that mindless lot till she went rogue.

I have essentially described a Protoss Carrier, except someone in this instance decided to arm the damned thing with proper guns
Old 2007-08-06, 01:26   Link #122
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
Hmm, an weapon where the Emperor holds the "Destroy Planet" button . Where have we seen this before?

I always thought of the Death Star as some sort of glorified throne, whose only purpose was to taunt the opposition into the unlikely act of landing a proton torpedo into a seemingly convienient hole

Funny thing about long odds and the law of averages is if someone tries long and hard enough, it's going to come true

On the concept of a conventional weapon that does everything? IMO, an automated weapons and factory platform would be the best bet. It would have some very hard hitting weapons for gatecrashing [read: beamspamming] and just drone hordes to flatten the rest. The Numbers are essentially it's field commanders, giving directed control for specific missions. In fact, I suspect Lutecia was brought out specifically as a mobile drone controller for that mindless lot till she went rogue.

I have essentially described a Protoss Carrier, except someone in this instance decided to arm the damned thing with proper guns
So if this is the Carrier... I wanna see the Mothership!
Old 2007-08-06, 01:46   Link #123
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
So if this is the Carrier... I wanna see the Mothership!
For that, I suppose I'd go for the Independence Day approach and say it's a planetoid eating, transdimensional factory that does nothing but build and gate in other carriers

A mothership is not something I'd be willing to commit into a fight [yes, I also play Homeworld }.
Old 2007-08-06, 01:47   Link #124
Fabien

Quote:
Though one could argue that it's merely the most powerful on record in modern times. Which brings a scary thought, what would a true frontline combatant based on the same level of technology be like?
Enough to destroy that civilization. After all, it was mentioned that Alhazared was destoyed because of its too-powerful technology. And the most dangerous material of our time are the remnants of that civilization.
Old 2007-08-06, 02:03   Link #125
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
For that, I suppose I'd go for the Independence Day approach and say it's a planetoid eating, transdimensional factory that does nothing but build and gate in other carriers

A mothership is not something I'd be willing to commit into a fight [yes, I also play Homeworld }.
Oh that kind of Mothership. It should at least have an annihilator weapon to fire and wipe out the battlefield if the Carriers are getting overwhelmed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Enough to destroy that civilization. After all, it was mentioned that Alhazared was destoyed because of its too-powerful technology. And the most dangerous material of our time are the remnants of that civilization.
Sore wa, Dark Age of Technology, much?
Old 2007-08-06, 03:14   Link #126
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
I conclude that the staff of this show can't design to save their own life. First the weird ass TSAB HQ, then the ROFLCOPTER and now this "thing" that even taking into account the poor quility of the caps is ugly as sin.
Old 2007-08-06, 03:37   Link #127
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I conclude that the staff of this show can't design to save their own life. First the weird ass TSAB HQ, then the ROFLCOPTER and now this "thing" that even taking into account the poor quility of the caps is ugly as sin.
I really don't see why people don't like the Navy's HQ I thought it was pretty good.

Storm Raider I can understand though.

Well in the defense of 'Cradle', it was made a long-ass time ago...
Old 2007-08-06, 03:44   Link #128
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I really don't see why people don't like the Navy's HQ I thought it was pretty good.
I can't say that Navy HQ is bad, but every time I see it I can't associate it with TSAB somehow ... It just doesn't look right ...
Old 2007-08-06, 04:01   Link #129
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Just seen the raw, most of my points have been covered here, but I have a couple of crack theories:
Spoiler for Hehehe...:
Let the mindfuck begin!
Old 2007-08-06, 04:03   Link #130
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Just seen the raw, most of my points have been covered here, but I have a couple of crack theories:
Spoiler for Hehehe...:
Let the mindfuck begin!
Wasn't Quint's body buried or something when she died?
Old 2007-08-06, 04:12   Link #131
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Actually, there is a distinct difference between Quint and Ginga physically

The shade of their hair colour is different.
Old 2007-08-06, 04:15   Link #132
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Clones should be a cinch for Jail to create. At the very least, a lifeless clone shouldn't be a problem, even if he cannot completely emulate the peak of Project F.

I think Kha's theory run in line with...

Quint saw TSAB being involved in secret-experiments XXXX, discovered, makes a run for it, and was extremely severely injured, saved by Jail, but since she's already dug her own grave by seeing TSAB's secrets, going back is suicide, so Jail creates a lifeless clone of her, chocks that lifeless body somewhere to be found by TSAB while retrofitting the original with Sentoukijin implants.

However, the biggest problem with this is that Due is supposed to be as old as Uno and Tre, and even if we push the maximum... Quint's death cannot be more than 10 years ago, while Quattro and Cinque are already on active duty 10 years ago.

Anyway, the most simple is brainwash. As ridiculously unappealing that plot device would be...

But I agree, they should reveal Due already.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-08-06, 04:24   Link #133
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
But then Vivio doesn't feel herself very comfortable for someone meant to be protected.
Ah, yes, I admit her obvious discomfort makes it look more as if the Cradle is sucking her dry instead of protecting her. Fabien's comparison to the corrupted Tome of the Night Sky may resolve this conflict.

Alternatively I can also blame it on the Doc's restraints. Maybe they are the source of the pain?

Quote:
Estavali, there is an additional problem with your idea. Such a ship would not be a frontline combatant, hardly deserving of the title "most powerful ancient Belka warship". The mission specification you described is more that of an armed transport.
Once again, we don't know if any smart ancient fellow had been tinkering with Cradle, transforming it from what might be a mobile fortress/throne dedicated to protecting its contents to what could be a flying juggernaut of death. Once again, the Tome comparison.

Quote:
I can't say that Navy HQ is bad, but every time I see it I can't associate it with TSAB somehow ... It just doesn't look right ...
One of the entropymax 4komas actually compares it to a villian's lair . You know, pointy and ominous-looking?

Quote:
She was shown in a coffin, and as far as we know, stayed in there when they buried her.

Unless, of course, the good Doktor does a John Smith and took up grave-robbing Mai-Otome style.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-06, 05:16   Link #134
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Unless, of course, the good Doktor does a John Smith and took up grave-robbing Mai-Otome style.
Exactly. Nighty's theory can work as well.

The only problem to circumvent is the 10 year max, which to me seems pretty vague... Is there a reference as to why Quint couldn't have died earlier?
Old 2007-08-06, 05:22   Link #135
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Exactly. Nighty's theory can work as well.

The only problem to circumvent is the 10 year max, which to me seems pretty vague... Is there a reference as to why Quint couldn't have died earlier?
Subaru and Ginga was found by Quint 11 years ago.

And while it was never stated how many years exactly after the adoption till Quint's death, (( I think )) but I believe it's said to be more than just a year. I say 10 years as a most ridiculous limit, really. A more rational assumption is that it's probably 6-8 years, and not 10.

Unless of course, Quint was already a Sentoukijin before or when she found Subaru/Ginga...but that makes ZERO sense, no pun intended. IF Ginga isn't brainwashed (( 80% unlikeliness )), I'd say a Relic Core ver. Quint seems much much more likely than the Due theory, which has more holes than a swiss cheese.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.

Last edited by Nightengale; 2007-08-06 at 05:34.
Old 2007-08-06, 05:37   Link #136
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Subaru and Ginga was found by Quint 11 years ago.

And while it was never stated how many years exactly after the adoption till Quint's death, (( I think )) but I believe it's said to be more than just a year. I say 10 years as a most ridiculous limit, really. A more rational assumption is that it's probably 6-8 years, and not 10.
About 8 or so years sounds right to me, Since Subaru and Ginga seems petty attached to her at time of her death and that come with sometime spent together.

I said this to Kha already and I'll say it again, Jail has dug his own grave by broadcasting Vivio in distress to Nanoha.

Since next ep's title is "Infinite Desires" I do hope they do answer more questions on all those blank spots still left. and I'm definitely expect big explosions
Old 2007-08-06, 05:39   Link #137
Key Board
Carbon

I have no real basis to support this, but I think Due is the sentoukijin that injured Nanoha years ago

and that's probably why they are saving her for later
Old 2007-08-06, 05:57   Link #138
HayatexNanohaxFate

After watching ep.19 today i was terrified at what Spaghetti showed to the TSAB, Saint Church, RF6 & more importantly Nanoha. Now i can't erase this possibility happening to each of the Numbers if Nanoha breaks in one of the future episodes

Spoiler for for Scag's deathwish:

good thing Tea and Subaru didn't tick Nanoha during their mock battle, i fear they would've suffer the same thing
Old 2007-08-06, 05:59   Link #139
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
I said this to Kha already and I'll say it again, Jail has dug his own grave by broadcasting Vivio in distress to Nanoha.
Perhaps, but if you look at it from a different angle, it can be considered as an anti-Nanoha or rather, anti-Hayate precaution. A hostage (a child and one that's dear to the Captains), and one of the primary targets of retrieval.

If the Doc can

a) make infiltration into the Cradle (and subsequently, Vivio's rescue) an impossibility (or at least, highly costly on the TSAB side),
b) prove that damage to the Cradle will also mean damage to Vivio, and
c) takes extra care to stay out of danger (aka a bloodthirsty Nanoha),

he has more or less secure the Cradle's immunity, at least from the Arthra's AeC (if it's still there) or Hayate's nuke-worthy spells.

Of course, other units would still have little qualms attacking it, with the appropriate justifications.

Signature by liro
Old 2007-08-06, 06:07   Link #140
Darco_emp
Bored and Lurking ~

Send a message via MSN to Darco_emp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Perhaps, but if you look at it from a different angle, it can be considered as an anti-Nanoha or rather, anti-Hayate precaution. A hostage (a child and one that's dear to the Captains), and one of the primary targets of retrieval.

If the Doc can

a) make infiltration into the Cradle (and subsequently, Vivio's rescue) an impossibility (or at least, highly costly on the TSAB side),
b) prove that damage to the Cradle will also mean damage to Vivio, and
c) takes extra care to stay out of danger (aka a bloodthirsty Nanoha),

he has more or less secure the Cradle's immunity, at least from the Arthra's AeC (if it's still there) or Hayate's nuke-worthy spells.

Of course, other units would still have little qualms attacking it, with the appropriate justifications.
However given the nature of these kind of things, that option a is almost impossible with the laws of anime. Which implies that Vivio will be rescued sooner or later, then option b will be an invalid target thus let the bloodletting begin
Closed Thread