AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-28, 20:54   Link #1
mandarb916

Blassreiter

Looks like this was announced today (I didn't see it in a list of '08 anime back at the end of '07).

Gonzo and Nitro+ are producing

http://dol.dengeki.com/data/news/200...48931abfc.html

Character design is by Onda Naoyuki of Ergo Proxy...a little busy at work so no time to translate...i'll check it out more a little later.

Slated to air in April '08
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-29, 05:35   Link #2
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Hmm, not bad. May be too much CG in it though, judging from the little movie.
Knight in scary armor aka Darker then BLACK type show?!
Old 2008-01-29, 19:17   Link #3
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Character design is by Onda Naoyuki of Ergo Proxy
More importantly, original character designs are by Niθ. Hope they do justice to his work in animation...
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-30, 04:37   Link #4
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
when ever i see gonzo involved in an anime i tend to stay as far away as possible from it.
gonzo has ruined so many anime these last few years.
the chara design seems good thou.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-31, 11:11   Link #5
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

If this is anything like Darker Than Black, I'm sure I will love it. I am a little weary though. Gonzo hasn't produced anything I liked since Welcome to the NHK. Nitro+ made Phantom of Inferno, so they're good.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 12:39   Link #6
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

It looks just like Dragonauts except it's got motorcycles instead of dragons. This can't possibly end well.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 13:43   Link #7
cyth
Banned

I'm gonna give this series a shot solely because of Nitroplus' involvement. Lately they've been coming up with some pretty nifty projects of their own--the Chaos;Head collabo with 5pb. staff for example.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 15:35   Link #8
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

looks not bad indeed *added to gotta check out list*
Old 2008-02-11, 13:52   Link #9
Mef

the title makes no sense!
"Blass" means faint/pale and "Reiter" means horseman though I think they meant "rider" who rides on the motorcycle which unfortunately is "Fahrer"("driver") in German.
If the Anime is set in Germany they should make sure that they use correct German
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-11, 17:34   Link #10
Toreno
すごい!

"Blassreiter" sounds odd...
But the anime looks nice indeed, and if it's set in Germany I'll probably check it out.
Will be funny for us Germans if they try to speak German... BAUMKUCHEN!!
Toreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 05:12   Link #11
cyth
Banned

Nitroplus posted an extended YouTube trailer on their website. Kickass.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 05:38   Link #12
Westlo
Lets be reality

That trailer makes it 16 shows for me to check out this Spring season.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 05:51   Link #13
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Ok is it me or does this scream Zone Of the Enders: The 2nd Runner? While it looks cool no doubt, but it's just like ZOE:T2R. In art style animation everything. In youtube the ingame grafics look on par with the game. xD

Not saying this bad, since ZOE:T2R is an awesome game(best mecha gameplay period). That scene where it's 1v1 in the air with light sabers. Looked liked it game straigth out of ZOE:T2R. You could call the trailer ZOE3 and people will think it's real. I say give this licenses to Hideo Kojima zo we can have that awesome gameplay again. Since I heard there are no new ZOE's coming.

edit: My inactivity is game news is showing. It seems there is a ZOE3 in the making for PS3
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 06:01   Link #14
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
edit: My inactivity is game news is showing. It seems there is a ZOE3 in the making for PS3
Oh god I didn't know that, I'm buying a ps3 when it comes out. *prays PD make Omega Boost 2 after they release GT5*
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-15, 08:17   Link #15
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
iirc bakuretsu tenshi trailer was good too, yet it turned out to be a horrible show (by gonzo)
i have long learn to not trust or base any hope on a trailer.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-16, 14:23   Link #16
spaz

Doesn't look that bad might just check it out though there seems to be a lot of cg in it.
spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-17, 17:22   Link #17
Blizzer
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
the title makes no sense!
"Blass" means faint/pale and "Reiter" means horseman though I think they meant "rider" who rides on the motorcycle which unfortunately is "Fahrer"("driver") in German.
If the Anime is set in Germany they should make sure that they use correct German
I have no idea also @_@, but maybe it means the pale horseman of the apocalypse?
When I looked it up I got pale riders, palely rider and some stuff which didn't make sense.
Blizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-23, 23:26   Link #18
Calder
Innocent Bystander

Looks interesting.

Nitroplus is certainly a good thing, but I'm still a bit apprehensive that this series will end up a major disappointment. Not to bash Animation studios, but GONZO hasn't exactly produced anything better than mediocre in the last year or two.
Calder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 22:42   Link #19
esfir
hepcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
It looks just like Dragonauts except it's got motorcycles instead of dragons. This can't possibly end well.
that just about sums it up.

from what i can tell, reading the story synopsis on the degenki site--if i am correct in my interpretation--it's set in future germany. the dead are suddenly being brought back to life, only to end up attacking humans. society is thus terrified and believes that their towns are being plagued by demons.

then come along some individuals who can transform, at will, into the bodies of the living demons. society accuses them of being evil as well, but they must continue to use this power in order to survive and to fulfill their purpose & destiny.

in other words, this is dragonauts (at least as much as i have seen), but without the dragons.
esfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 06:22   Link #20
Nemuru

lol, there's already doom and gloom in this thread even though the anime hasn't even aired the first episode yet, to each his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esfir
from what i can tell, reading the story synopsis on the degenki site--if i am correct in my interpretation--it's set in future germany. the dead are suddenly being brought back to life, only to end up attacking humans. society is thus terrified and believes that their towns are being plagued by demons.

then come along some individuals who can transform, at will, into the bodies of the living demons. society accuses them of being evil as well, but they must continue to use this power in order to survive and to fulfill their purpose & destiny.
The premise and setting itself has been done before in many other series&movie such as Vampire Hunter D, Bubble gum crisis Tokyo 2040, Spawn (movie) and Claymore comes into mind which revolves around the protagonist borrowing/using power of evil that plagues the world fighting for the sake of humanity.

I suppose there some connection to Dragonaut but it can’t be like Dragonaut without boobies. I will reserve judgment until I see masses cleavage on the females cast of this show.

On a side note, the techno music played during the trailer is damn cool.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi