AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2009-09-01, 14:16   Link #241
Jujubee

Well that sucks. Shuffle will just be yet another story I love that doesn't get full closure then. ; ;

Here's one other question. Who was that guy who put his hand on Rin's should in the last episode of the anime? He was the guy always hiding and crying whenever Rin got attacked by the fan club guys, but this time he was out in the open with a smile. Is he supposed to be a fan of Kaede? I imagine he's happy that Rin let her go so now he has the chance to persue her. Am I right?
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 14:24   Link #242
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Not that have been released legally. Nor have I found any fan-translation works. The guy working on the fan version of Shuffle! for those who bought the Japanese version of the game says he'd like to start working on the others.... but he's been working on Shuffle! since.. what, 2005?
There is a growing belief that the "fan translation" is nothing more than an elaborate trolling of fans of the game considering that communication has been spotty at best and promised alpha patches have yet to materialize. At this point, I wouldn't hold my breath on any free translation of any of the games associated with the Shuffle! franchise unless someone new steps up with the time, dedication and ability to do it and is willing to show progress on their work instead of make empty promises and blow everyone off with an attitude of "it'll be done when it's done".

My guess is our best bet to see a translation of Tick! Tack!, Really? Really! or Essence+ is to let any companies who do import and translate visual novels know we'd like to see them come over and give them our business by buying their translations.

tl;dr - IMHO, the GamePatch translation is vaporware unless we actually see something released. Ever.

Quote:
Here's one other question. Who was that guy who put his hand on Rin's should in the last episode of the anime? He was the guy always hiding and crying whenever Rin got attacked by the fan club guys, but this time he was out in the open with a smile. Is he supposed to be a fan of Kaede? I imagine he's happy that Rin let her go so now he has the chance to persue her. Am I right?
I still don't know who that dude is so I can't answer that. However, regarding your last question about Kaede's availability...

Spoiler for Ending of the anime and the game:
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-01, 21:11   Link #243
Jujubee

You know, I regret having only recently found out about Shuffle a few months ago. Because I don't keep up with whats new in the anime industry [and prefer dubs] I often end up missing out on the really good discussions and debates like the ones on this forum. It's pretty desolate around here now, like all the fires have burned out. So I'll just post one last question, can anyone recommend a good anime or e-novel game that's very similar to Shuffle? Something with the same themes of romance, drama, psychological thrill and of course ecchi. Right now I really just want more closure to the anime, but since everything is in Japanese my only options are the official game [currently playing] or a new 'good' story to take my mind off it.
Jujubee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-02, 12:34   Link #244
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

My attraction to Shuffle! was mostly the sci-fi/fantasy aspect (the idea of 3 parallel universes) so I can't think of anything to match that.

You should ask this question in the Suggestions thread. There's a lot of good romance drama out there... but you'll have to be more specific about whether you want "harem" (based on e-games) or something with more meat on it (based on manga or light novel series).

Quote:
There is a growing belief that the "fan translation" is nothing more than an elaborate trolling of fans of the game considering that communication has been spotty at best and promised alpha patches have yet to materialize. At this point, I wouldn't hold my breath on any free translation of any of the games associated with the Shuffle! franchise unless someone new steps up with the time, dedication and ability to do it and is willing to show progress on their work instead of make empty promises and blow everyone off with an attitude of "it'll be done when it's done".
Don't know if I'd call it actual trolling or just someone who just fails at delivering what is promised (procrastination, ADD, easily distracted, etc). At this point, I've given up on the patch (and am rather done with Shuffle! in general) and will probably be ebaying my Shuffle! products to less cynical fans.
Old 2009-09-25, 16:55   Link #245
mizou
Observer

weird question
I've heard many people talking about shuffle!
I want to watch it but I hate ecchi scenes . the ecchi is very present in this anime or I can begin watching ? thanks
Old 2009-09-25, 17:05   Link #246
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
weird question
I want to watch it but I hate ecchi scenes . the ecchi is very present in this anime or I can begin watching ? thanks
Ecchi is indeed present yes. (Only natural for a harem series.)

I don't think it's present as much as it could be though, especially around the second half of the series where the story starts becoming more serious and dramatic.
Old 2009-09-25, 18:02   Link #247
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizou View Post
weird question
You'd have to define what you think "ecchi" means. There's some "fan service pantsu" type moments and some *very mild* nudity (dim lighting, dark, etc). On the other hand, there are some real psychologically tense moments (unusual for this sort of thing). Hardly anything I'd call deeply sexual other than tripfalling on top of each other or implicit dialog.
Old 2009-12-21, 19:27   Link #248
SuperSaiyanOver9000

wasn't Shuffle! an eroge game?
SuperSaiyanOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 02:12   Link #249
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

it is ... your point being?
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-22, 19:04   Link #250
SuperSaiyanOver9000

no point I just didn't wanna be mistaken and look foolish
SuperSaiyanOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:11   Link #251
blue4113

Hi all. I didn't know where to find this, so I thought i'd ask here.

There is an alternate ending in Japanese that had no subtitles. Rin takes Asa to Kaede's house and Primula see's that Kaede crossed out Asa's face in the pictures and she runs down stairs as fast as she can, but it's too late. Rin and Asa come in having a good time and laughing, and as they pass by Kaede, she has her head down and says "get the F*** out". Asa and Rin turn their heads at Kaeda puzzled. This time she screams "GET OUT" and pulls out a knife and ends up stabbing Asa and accidentally killing Rin because he jumped in the way trying to protect her.

Primula finally makes it down stairs and says "what did you do to them, Kaede?" Kaede is in tears, crying over Rin's dead body. She keeps saying "sorry, it was an accident" and "please don't leave me". After she realizes Rin is dead, she slits her wrist, and as she's dying from blood loss, memories of the good times she's had with Rin flashes through her. She then falls and dies right next to Rin and Asa. Primula just stands there not understanding what's going on, but she looks sad.

I have seen this ending about 7-8 months ago from a friend that was Japanese. He lived down the street from me, but he has moved and I have been unable to contact him since he is not replying to my emails. I've tried searching for this ending for awhile and on youtube, but haven't had any luck so I figured I would ask here. I would really like to see this ending again with english subs if possible. Can someone please give me a link?
blue4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 14:16   Link #252
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'll put my input here again (post mod sweep).

I've never heard of this alternate ending.... it *sounds* like some disgruntled fan took existing material and spliced it together for his own "tragic Shakespeare" ending. Each scene segment you describe actually exists somewhere in the series and it wouldn't be rocket science to recobble pieces together to create such an "episode".

You might browse the torrent sites that list anything and everything .... Shuffle! is licensed though so you won't see any episodes listed on AS as it would violate forum rules. Anyone supplying a link would draw an infraction or ban.

So all I can suggest is a good bit of Googling and torrent site browsing.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:21   Link #253
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Yeah, that sounds incredibly fake. Shuffle! is not about "bad ends" so to speak. The drama in the anime plot was interesting, but anyone wanting such a vicious and bloody end to the series is watching the wrong series. This is not School Days, thank God.
Old 2010-01-26, 14:24   Link #254
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

If there was such an ending, it sounds notorious enough to have made it into public knowledge at least. The thing is, after so much time, it's the first time I hear of such a thing, so my take is it's an edit of the Kaede attack original scene while utilizing a number of other scenes, like Rin's slitting wrists scene. The obvious clue that it's an edit is that there's no way Primula would just stand there looking sad when her surrogate family is getting massacred, because the whole thing happens after Primula's arc, so Primula is not the earlier emotionless vessel. That's evident in the original Kaede attack scene, where Primula's expression at Kaede's breakdown is a mixture of sadness, shock and fear.

TL;DR I doubt such a thing exists as official material.
Old 2010-01-26, 17:28   Link #255
blue4113

Eh, I suppose you guys are right. I had no idea what they were saying since it didn't have subtitles, but my Japanese friend was translating it for me. Maybe he was pulling my leg. He did however say it was the alternate ending that was never released so I don't know. It seemed real to me. If I ever get in contact with him, I will ask him to upload it so I can share it with everyone else.
blue4113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 18:32   Link #256
DKN117

Official character ages and height measurements. Do they exist?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-18, 19:41   Link #257
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN117 View Post
Official character ages and height measurements. Do they exist?
Rin, Kaede, Itsuki, Mayumi, Sia and Nerine are all second-year high school students so that puts them all about 16-17.

Asa and Kareha are third-years so 17-18.

Primula is a bit of a mystery, but I believe she's 16 at oldest since...

Spoiler for Primula's age:

No idea about ages for Nadeshiko, Eustoma, Forbesii or Ama though.

As for heights, these are all according to the game website (http://www.project-navel.com/shuffle/characters/).

Sia: 160 cm
Nerine: 154 cm
Kaede: 162 cm
Asa: 163 cm
Primula: 151 cm
Eustoma: 191 cm
Forbesii: 180 cm
Kareha: 156 cm
Mayumi: 167 cm
Itsuki: 178 cm
Nadeshiko: 171 cm

Rin's height is not listed, but I would guess he's probably around Itsuki's height give or take.
Old 2010-03-18, 21:49   Link #258
DKN117

Also, I forget, 'cause it's been a while. What ever happened to/with Asa's father? Is he still around?
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 04:40   Link #259
Sian
Kozukuri Shimasho

never noted expect not being there anymore
Sian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-19, 07:37   Link #260
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

Ama still talks about him as though he's alive and well, so my guess is he's like Kaede's father where his work keeps him away from home for weeks or months at a time.