AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-31, 14:43   Link #961
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weils View Post
Spoilers sound fake. Apparently Rubel arrives and instantly slashes Priscilla to pieces. Then Raki arrives and Rubel calls him the "prince of the dragons". Raki gets furious at seeing Priscilla dead and Clare almost dead and kills Rubel in an instant. Then he apparently sprouts wings and carries Clare to the main continent.
LOL wut???
Old 2010-01-31, 14:46   Link #962
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Honestly, this sounds like the story of "plan nine form outer space"
Old 2010-01-31, 14:56   Link #963
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Honestly, this sounds like the story of "plan nine form outer space"
Yes

Probably a fake spoiler made for lulz.
Old 2010-01-31, 15:04   Link #964
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
If it's real, at least we know why Raki is so powerful, and probably reveals to us who the DoD's are.
Old 2010-01-31, 15:31   Link #965
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Isley (attempting) regenerating his arm at that speed was unbelievable. That doesn't make him defensive, and neither does it Priscilla.
There have only been two occasions where we have seen Isley take significant damage in his awakened form. The first was when he fought Priscilla. The second was when he was killed.

During the first, not only does he not regenerate his damage during the fight, his arm is still missing even after he reverts to his human form. During the second, he tries unsuccessfully to regenerate his arm during the fight. This, despite the fact that the ability to reform his arms to his liking is his primary skill.

So, no, Isley never exhibits a level of regenerative capacity anywhere close to what Priscilla is capable of. Remember, Priscilla regenerates so quickly that Isley couldn't even see it happen.

This is more than a difference in power. This is a difference in kind.
Old 2010-01-31, 15:32   Link #966
Bimber

Raki wasn't so powerful. It is totally ludicrous...
Old 2010-01-31, 16:03   Link #967
theevilanimal
ABducting claymores

stop it you guys! Aimless said that by the ultimate law of ockham's blade, his logic never fails!!!1!

I've been to chinese websites and one of them actually has some content about the new chapter but I can't find it anymore
Old 2010-01-31, 16:13   Link #968
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
There have only been two occasions where we have seen Isley take significant damage in his awakened form. The first was when he fought Priscilla. The second was when he was killed.

During the first, not only does he not regenerate his damage during the fight, his arm is still missing even after he reverts to his human form. During the second, he tries unsuccessfully to regenerate his arm during the fight. This, despite the fact that the ability to reform his arms to his liking is his primary skill.

So, no, Isley never exhibits a level of regenerative capacity anywhere close to what Priscilla is capable of. Remember, Priscilla regenerates so quickly that Isley couldn't even see it happen.

.....Okay, we agree here, Priscilla is on a level far above Isley, which is sensible. However, let's think; While it is not as fast as Priscilla, the regeneration they have shown is unbelievable. Perhaps not instanteous, but seemingly only taking moments, and when you consider the sheer size of these guys, that's power.

However, how is it that they are even capable of this regeneration in the first place? Do you believe that any of the Abyssals were actually defensive-types?

None of them have really shown traits that make me think that. Luciella ran away, but that was due to survival instinct because she was beaten by a superior force and would have died.

Well, whatever.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:25   Link #969
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post

Reread all the chapters where Priscilla regenerates... it's not faster Deneve instant limb and just a bit faster than the same speed Isley's regenerated at. Priscilla has tentacles coming out which form limbs. It isn't instant and the same speed as what Isely was doing. The only difference is Isley couldn't regenerate faster then the AFs could eat him and he was exhausted from years of fighting the AFs.

I mean, come on, Riful regenerated her freaking head... We know two of the AOs (Isley and Riful... 3 if you include Beth growing back her blades) could regenerate in battle as long as they still have power to do so. Riful even said I can't regenerate anymore. Keyword being anymore, implying she could a bit ago. Priscilla just has way more yoki then the AOs (not sure if this matters but she is only regenerating a human body... not her awakened form. Speculation... maybe it doesn't drain her as much regenerating a small girls arm rather then a giant fallen angels arm.). Yagi himself wrote the databook and called her offensive, all of Priscilla's actions scream Offensive warrior, and we know AOs can regenerate at the close to the speed Priscilla can. That shows a clear progression of stronger yoki's can overcome their offensive limitations of not being able to regenerate. All the evidence points to huge yoki reserves being the exception to the rule.

Finally, Irene said she could regenerate her arm at human strength... given time. She wasn't awakened and an offensive number 2. Her reasoning for being able to regenerate was her power level. There is a clear trend in the manga that strong offensive warriors can regenerate. Priscilla is just at the pinnacle of this trend.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:44   Link #970
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

The thing is, what they were as an Claymore really doesn't matter - it does to normal Awakened, but the Abyssals and Priscilla are on a level far above that. It really doesn't matter what type they were.

In a way, the whole arguement is moot whether or not they were Offensive or not. If you ask me, all 4 of them were Offensive, because they've shown traits and characteristics, that make me think that. The only real thing that creates the belief they may have been Defensive is the level of regeneration they are capable of, which fights against the sheer power and other things they have shown and we have learned. Moments of fear don't mean anything either, because Fear is too broad and big of a human emotion too simply tie it down to being Defensive-only. Everyone is capable of fear, regardless of power and what type they were.

In summation; the incredible power of Abyssals, and Priscilla, is so great, that they are capable of regeneration to such an extent, that it really doesn't matter whether or not they were originally Offensive or not. It does to normal Awakened like Dauf and Rigardo, because they have less power to play around with, and their regeneration is slow to level out their sheer power. Then again, they are on a league far below the Abyssals.
Old 2010-01-31, 16:56   Link #971
Taylor_Maclaurin

Since Priscilla is so powerful she could be as well a defensive warrior and have mighty attacks. The fact she killed youma doesn't necessarily mean she's an offensive warrior. I mean, under circumstances she was in to not take advantage of a free frag and instead hide and squeal would be rather stupid (although on the other hand for a girl to be able to cut off someone's head is ridiculous). Anyway, this situation doesn't tell us which warrior Priscilla is because we don't know what Priscilla was thinking when she became a claymore. In addition one can kill in order to protect himself and because he was afraid and not because he was angry or wanted revenge thus can be considered a defensive warrior.
Aimless does have a point that Priscilla's regenerative abilities are too good to say that she's an offensive warrior and I would say that it's at least as good argument as Priscilla killing a youma that didn't even see/sense her.
Old 2010-01-31, 17:11   Link #972
revan5
Dark Lord of Animesuki

Location: The Kingdom of Orange...you can't beat the Cuse, in basketball or snowfall!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
They could also be a "cold war" effect going on the Claymore world with both sides afraid to commit to a full scale war in fear that what would be left afterwards wouldn't be worth fighting for.
As far as we know, both sides and their predecessors have been in an all-out war for more than a century.
Here's the translation as from Onemanga:
Chapter 79 pages 27-28
Miria: "There are never-ending battles going on between different countries and people, all for territorial reasons...about a hundred years ago, the war split into two sides, and began the battle for supremacy..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by orpheust View Post
you guys discussing how the humans survived for so long against the dragonkin forget that there originally were many more camps than just the two sides of humans vs dragonkin. Possibly the dragonkin had vendetta against each other, or the territory of one dragonkin clan was blocking another's. Quite possibly the dragonkin were keeping each other in check, and never really considered humans as serious foes until they came up with the mass production of AB. Miria said that the war on the mainland eventually became humans vs dragonkin, not that it started that way.
This is not what the translations suggest, sorry to tell you.
Chapter 79 pages 27-29
From Onemanga:
Miria: "One side can be considered as the Dragon's kins. They're said to have non-human comrades with extremely tough skin, and they quickly took control of the battle. The other side side quickly tried to invent new weapons to fight against their enemies. Soon after, that research gave birth to a new weapon, and that is a WEAPON THAT ALLOWS A HUMAN TO TURN INTO A MONSTER."

As you can plainly see, the Dragonkin clearly were on the attack before Awakened Beings were even invented! As for their not being united before the war split into two grand alliances, I'm not sure we have the evidence for it. We do have evidence of a political structure amongst the Dragonkin, which, excepting Isley's army, stands in strong contrast to most Awakened Beings hating company. What we know is that Dragonkin are sentient beings that live in a tribe and form a key part of their alliance's political/military power.

Here's the evidence
Onemanga's translation, Chapter 80 page 01
Miria, speaking of hybrid super-soldiers: "But use of their true power is restricted to when they encounter the draconic tribe at the heart of the enemy forces."

This is as good a confirmation we're going to get until Claire or Miria meet one face-to-face. Miria says it all. The Dragonkin are a unified tribe on a single side, fight in groups (see Chapter 80 pages 02-03), are therefore sentient enough to have their own political and hierarchy structure, and no doubt have some power over the military in their alliance.

How the warriors of Claymore OUGHT to look: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12541
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...ostcount=12530
"So Shiek, now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!"
Old 2010-01-31, 18:24   Link #973
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Maclaurin View Post
Since Priscilla is so powerful she could be as well a defensive warrior and have mighty attacks. The fact she killed youma doesn't necessarily mean she's an offensive warrior. I mean, under circumstances she was in to not take advantage of a free frag and instead hide and squeal would be rather stupid (although on the other hand for a girl to be able to cut off someone's head is ridiculous). Anyway, this situation doesn't tell us which warrior Priscilla is because we don't know what Priscilla was thinking when she became a claymore. In addition one can kill in order to protect himself and because he was afraid and not because he was angry or wanted revenge thus can be considered a defensive warrior.
Aimless does have a point that Priscilla's regenerative abilities are too good to say that she's an offensive warrior and I would say that it's at least as good argument as Priscilla killing a youma that didn't even see/sense her.
Please reread Rigardo's comment about her regeneration ability. It's not a normal regeneration but sheer power. Extra Scene 3 Page 28. He flat-out says it's not instant regeneration but held back yoki pouring fourth. Aimless is wrong on that point and since that's his only point, his whole argument is therefore moot. The writer of Claymore (Yagi, for all you new people who might not know/recall that name) called Priscilla an offensive type with aura suppression/rapid growth.

Priscilla killed her father when with an ax as a little girl... when Deneve hide under her bed at the same age. It's safe to say she was all about killing yoma for self-preservation even back then, when defensive warriors are all about not risking there life (flight/flee) as humans. In fact even her awaken part of her mind choose to attack Teresa, not flee. With the exception of one time she choose fight not flight (and that one time was more panicking then flight )... Therefore she is offensive. We know what she was like back then and now... and it hasn't changed.

I hope that cleared things up.

Last edited by Ryus; 2010-01-31 at 18:37.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:08   Link #974
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor_Maclaurin View Post
May i quote rigardo: OM xtra 3 28
Rather than instantaneous regeneration it is more like the energy being held back normally is now gushing forth from all her wounds. It seems limitless...

It seems to me that priscilla can regenerate that fast simply because of her large yoki pool. Aimless has a point but it is i think not the most probable solution.
Isley is imo really an offensive type the whole fighting style, when he said to luciella to take her straight on with no tricks, seems to indicate that. isley could regenerate fast against helen too.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:11   Link #975
Zsych

I used to only look for new chapters around the 4th, and usually I wasn't disappointed... now I started looking around the 27th so every day its - still no spoilers...

With Priscilla, I agree that it seems like a matter of her just having epic power.
Old 2010-01-31, 19:41   Link #976
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Ahem, I would just like to put up my reaction about some of those spoilers...

Spoiler for Reaction:
Old 2010-01-31, 20:18   Link #977
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post

Spoiler for Reaction:
, they can't all be winners

Hopefully she will be here, and she'll be alive and well, unlike the first spoiler.
Old 2010-01-31, 21:12   Link #978
Ulquihorror

I think we should use a Taylor series to solve this problem
Old 2010-01-31, 22:36   Link #979
Blue Pentacle
Always Pondering......

Send a message via MSN to Blue Pentacle Send a message via Yahoo to Blue Pentacle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post

Spoiler for Reaction:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
, they can't all be winners

Hopefully she will be here, and she'll be alive and well, unlike the first spoiler.

Hi There,

Hmmm.......grim signs, but I, as a Yuma fan myself, would like to echo the sentiments of Shiek927 and Negativedark. I hope and wish that Yuma, and of course Cynthia too, make it through the next trial; and maybe with a little something afterward as a mark of their perseverence .

Let's believe that 40 is the new lucky number .

Thanks,

Blue Pentacle.

Fascination in silver eyes and ebony form.
Old 2010-01-31, 22:49   Link #980
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulquihorror View Post
I think we should use a Taylor series to solve this problem
I'd rather not. Claymore is a hobby; using a Taylor series is too close to what I do for work. Besides, in this case, I don't think the series converges.
Closed Thread