AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-15, 13:08   Link #3101
lemonbarley

Hi everyone! I am new to eroge as i recently only stumbled upon AGTH which made it possible for me to understand it now. However i have a game Fortune Arterial which i seem to get only 1 ending no matter what i do.
Spoiler for the end i get 10/10 times:

Can anyone who played the game tell me am i doing it wrong or did i get an incomplete version of the game?? thnx!!
lemonbarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 15:16   Link #3102
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonbarley View Post
Hi everyone! I am new to eroge as i recently only stumbled upon AGTH which made it possible for me to understand it now. However i have a game Fortune Arterial which i seem to get only 1 ending no matter what i do.

Can anyone who played the game tell me am i doing it wrong or did i get an incomplete version of the game?? thnx!!
It's some kind of protection mechanism. Either anti-piracy or jp.-only restriction or something like this. All I can say is that there are ways around it in the internet, but it's against the forum rules to go into the specifics .

I finished IroSekai. Although it was enjoyable for most parts, it was a tad too strange for me at some points. It felt like it was kept too mysterious from times to times. But anyway, Kana's route was generally nice even though her "I'M UR WAIFU!!!" got annoying after a while. Mio's route was good and her ending was somewhat bittersweet if my comprehension of it is remotely correct. Kyou's route was better than expected and Tsukasa's route was rather unspectacular or maybe just normal.
Lastly Shinku: Great, simply great. The plot twist around "Yuuma" was - for me - quite unexpected even though I started to get the idea during her route bit by bit before it was offically confirmed. It had moving/touching parts, lovely parts and something like a "best case" solution in-game wise.
Spoiler for Shinku's route:
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 15:17   Link #3103
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonbarley View Post

I haven't played Fortune Aerterial, but as a general rule of thumb, in your situation you should backtrack further into the earlier choices.

Get the habit of saving at every choice, since the game usually provides a whole load of save slots anyways. Get the feeling of how the decisions affect things (the route map).

When all else fails, you could try google "攻略" with the Japanese game title for a walkthrough.

ninja: huh, there's a protection mechanism like that? I didn't know.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:27   Link #3104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This reminds me of when the producer at Key was talking about how back in the day when eroge was distributed on floppy disks, they would make the first command of the installer to format the floppy it came on. Since the legit copies were write-protected, the format command would just be ignored, but most people didn't bother to protect pirated copies. So then they'd get support calls from people saying that their game wouldn't install (they tried once and then there was nothing on the disc), and they'd just tell them to "go buy the game".

If that is a protection scheme, props to August for their creativity. I can say for sure that the legal copy of the game doesn't have that sort of issue (it only has a one-time disk check). Go buy the game...
Old 2011-12-15, 15:27   Link #3105
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

ninja: huh, there's a protection mechanism like that? I didn't know.
Yup. The choice selections in FA are mostly based around selecting the character sprite on the school map after it has become available. IIRC, there are only a handful of text-selections. Anyway, that protection prevents you to go into any specific girl's route even if you choose her at every time possible and presents you with the "bad end" instead of going into the girl's respective route.
Old 2011-12-15, 15:46   Link #3106
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Last Eroge I played was ボクの彼女はガテン系/彼女がした事、僕がされた事/巨乳妻完全捕獲計画/ボクの妻がアイツに寝取られまし た。 From Elf.(Long title I know.)

It's an NTR style Ero-game and usually I don't mind these if it's the main character that does it. But in this one it's the main character that's being "ntr'd" and it just feels wrong when the roles are reversed.

Plus it doesn't appear to have a happy ending either and that just makes it feel worse and messed up. lately Since 2008 it seems the themes of the games Elf have been releasing has been dark, and while I've enjoyed their recent releases Personally I miss the romance style games Elf used to release, and I hope this new style of games doesn't become all they release now.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 16:18   Link #3107
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

In Romaji, the title would be Boku no Kanojo wa Gatenkei/Kanojo ga Shita Koto, Ore ga Sareta Koto/Kyonyuu Tsuma Kanzen Hokaku keikaku/Boku no Tsuma ga Aitsu ni Netoraremashita.

Honestly, Elf can make the longest game titles ever. It also seems the "Married Heroine" genre (based on the previous VNs released by Elf) is a favorite for them. As well as revenge stories possibly? But most certainly dark indeed.
Old 2011-12-15, 21:02   Link #3108
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Finished Ayane's route in Hareten! It was pretty good, the development near the end was predictable yet, it was well done. Ayane herself was really cute as well! Satisfied!

Next, I'll read Mizuki's route.
Old 2011-12-16, 05:49   Link #3109
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post
Finished Ayane's route in Hareten! It was pretty good, the development near the end was predictable yet, it was well done. Ayane herself was really cute as well! Satisfied!

Next, I'll read Mizuki's route.
Good to hear that you don't seem to mind the drama . Personally, I found the drama, with a few exceptions, quite unnecessary. Fortunately the way Ayane's final drama piece was resolved, was nicely done; probably one of the very few moments where Kaname shined as "not useless" (my other main complaint). The other positive aspect of Ayane's route is that Yuuya had there the fastest love realization, next to maybe Mizuki if you do not count her character development chapter (which made me want to punch something at the end). I'm afraid that the drama in Hareten hit me on a completely wrong spot (i. e. it made me "angry" due to the drama itself instead of in-gameverse reasons).
Old 2011-12-16, 07:07   Link #3110
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Yup. The choice selections in FA are mostly based around selecting the character sprite on the school map after it has become available. IIRC, there are only a handful of text-selections. Anyway, that protection prevents you to go into any specific girl's route even if you choose her at every time possible and presents you with the "bad end" instead of going into the girl's respective route.
Don't think so....I've gotten every end including that aforementioned one....

It's been long since I played but you get that end before the main girls' choices become available?
Old 2011-12-16, 07:14   Link #3111
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Good to hear that you don't seem to mind the drama . Personally, I found the drama, with a few exceptions, quite unnecessary. Fortunately the way Ayane's final drama piece was resolved, was nicely done; probably one of the very few moments where Kaname shined as "not useless" (my other main complaint). The other positive aspect of Ayane's route is that Yuuya had there the fastest love realization, next to maybe Mizuki if you do not count her character development chapter (which made me want to punch something at the end). I'm afraid that the drama in Hareten hit me on a completely wrong spot (i. e. it made me "angry" due to the drama itself instead of in-gameverse reasons).
Spoiler for Hareten Spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comic Eagle
Don't think so....I've gotten every end including that aforementioned one....

It's been long since I played but you get that end before the main girls' choices become available?
Is just like Mahou said. It's an actual protection the game has. Most people won't have any problem with the game but, for some others the game simply won't let them play the main routes.
Old 2011-12-16, 07:24   Link #3112
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida View Post

Is just like Mahou said. It's an actual protection the game has. Most people won't have any problem with the game but, for some others the game simply won't let them play the main routes.
If that's the case it doesn't seem to be 100% on then...

I mean I could get everyone's H-Scenes and the true route on top of this....
Old 2011-12-16, 07:34   Link #3113
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If that's the case it doesn't seem to be 100% on then...
IIRC, it has something to do with the patch not working properly in 64bits based OS or was it just Vista? Anyway, if you are lucky you won't have any problems to play the game.
Old 2011-12-16, 07:58   Link #3114
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Have you guys ever heard about Demonbane?
Looks good
Old 2011-12-16, 08:16   Link #3115
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tong View Post
Have you guys ever heard about Demonbane?
Looks good
Very. Go play. Both Zanma and Kishin
Old 2011-12-16, 14:13   Link #3116
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Hareten
Spoiler for Hareten:

@Fortune Aterial: I don't know the details of the protection, but saw it in effect on a college colleague's non-legal copy so it could really just be an anti-pircacy measure. I remember also the 64 bit difficulty from another forum.

@Demonbane: I don't really like that kind of dark-ish games in general, but personal bias asides the story was pretty nice and Al's route was my personal favorite. What did I hate? The ero-scenes. The artwork was simply ugly during it proportion-wise
Old 2011-12-16, 14:17   Link #3117
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

@Demonbane: I don't really like that kind of dark-ish games in general, but personal bias asides the story was pretty nice and Al's route was my personal favorite. What did I hate? The ero-scenes. The artwork was simply ugly during it proportion-wise
That's called a minor minus when everything else is unholy good....

Normally Nitro+ does quite decent H-scenes though....when it's not rape or murder obviously....
Old 2011-12-17, 01:16   Link #3118
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm quite used to Nitro+ dark-themed visual novels ever since Chaos;Head, and Saya no Uta. Too used to it that when I saw SoniComi (which is an idol-based visual novel) come out. I instantly dropped my jaw in shock. It's also said that Nitro+ is working on a visual novel based around Guilty Crown's Lost Xmas.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-12-17 at 01:49.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-17, 10:18   Link #3119
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm quite used to Nitro+ dark-themed visual novels ever since Chaos;Head, and Saya no Uta. Too used to it that when I saw SoniComi (which is an idol-based visual novel) come out. I instantly dropped my jaw in shock. It's also said that Nitro+ is working on a visual novel based around Guilty Crown's Lost Xmas.
They are.....And lord knows that whenever Nitro+ drops by to sell their stuff these days, Super Sonico is the no 1 on the list...
Old 2011-12-17, 14:31   Link #3120
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Eventhough SoniComi is not an eroge, but a regurlar VN though.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel