AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-13, 13:49   Link #7621
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Just wait until you see battle between Madoka and Cecilia, with Takatsuki and NOHONHON as their partner. Just wait, even Blitz don't dare to saturate that one with his dark magic.
Don't tempt me....

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 16:16   Link #7622
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
The rocket launcher seems pretty weak actually. I've seen real life launchers that do more damage.
Quote:
Demino - He plans to use those as weapons for his OC's against the IS. If they're weaker than real life launchers then why not just use the real one's that do more damage?
Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
I held a real rocket launcher few times before... Man, they're no joke when it comes to carrying.

Then again, despite being handheld and relatively lighter and easy to use, the rockets might still be able to do more damage.

Hell, Iron Man fired a pin-sized rocket which obliterates a tank.
Quote:
IS' tend to be as fast as jets so using rockets are pretty hard. The only choice you have is to use either bullets since they travel fast or go up close to it and try to smash through the shield. Missiles would have to be EXTREMELY fast in order to catch up.
It may not look like it, but it can do a lot of damage. There's also the factor that it was used against JSDF Personnel, not the IS. This happened in Hot Shot's Flashback in Ch. 3, when Thunder Crash was attacked. Will it work against an IS, we don't know for sure. But hey, there might be something more to it.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-11-13 at 16:29.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 17:37   Link #7623
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Don't tempt me....
NO! YOU PROMISED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
It may not look like it, but it can do a lot of damage. There's also the factor that it was used against JSDF Personnel, not the IS. This happened in Hot Shot's Flashback in Ch. 3, when Thunder Crash was attacked. Will it work against an IS, we don't know for sure. But hey, there might be something more to it.
All weapons in Videogame are either nerfed or upped, I don't surprised.
Old 2011-11-13, 17:39   Link #7624
blitz1/2

Quote:
NO! YOU PROMISED!

All weapons in Videogame are either nerfed or upped, I don't surprised.
Consider yourself spared for now...but next week, I am bringing in the chopping block, actually no, I'll bring my Fear in Cube. > : )

Old 2011-11-13, 18:20   Link #7625
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Consider yourself spared for now...but next week, I am bringing in the chopping block, actually no, I'll bring my Fear in Cube. > : )
I just started my Mid-term exam actually, be patient, pal.
Old 2011-11-13, 18:36   Link #7626
Eratas123

@ Zero - Any ideas for a weapon I can use for Irish? I scrapped the sniper rifle for being too bulky so the only thing I have left is the sniper rifle and the chaff grenades.
Old 2011-11-13, 18:41   Link #7627
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Any ideas for a weapon I can use for Irish? I scrapped the sniper rifle for being too so the only thing I have left is the sniper rifle and the chaff grenades.
Please elaborate, I can't understand.

And for the love of God, Chaff Grenade =/= EMP grenade! Chaff is comprised of a handful of thin metalic pieces for fooling radar.
Old 2011-11-13, 18:44   Link #7628
Eratas123

@ Zero - Sorry, made a typo. I meant that the sniper rifle is too bulky to be carried around by someone who frequently uses air vents and that all I have left are the jammer knife and chaff grenades.

I'm fully aware that chaff does not equal EMP. When he uses it in the drafts, nothing but the radar dissapears. That's what the knife is for.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-11-13 at 18:55.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 19:02   Link #7629
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Sorry, made a typo. I meant that the sniper rifle is too bulky to be carried around by someone who frequently uses air vents and that all I have left are the jammer knife and chaff grenades.

I'm fully aware that chaff does not equal EMP. When he uses it in the drafts, nothing but the radar dissapears. That's what the knife is for.
Maybe Irish can make some wave disruptor that interferes with I.S. Core network? Something shaped like a Grenade and has effective radius of 10 m for several second? Cutting of enemy's communication is part of an assassin/ infiltrator's task.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:10   Link #7630
Eratas123

@ Zero - Any idea for a gun? Grenades and close quarters are covered; I just need a long range weapon.
Old 2011-11-13, 19:15   Link #7631
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Any idea for a gun? Grenades and close quarters are covered; I just need a long range weapon.
There's no need for guns since Irish is going into vents most of the time...

I dunno, but either A Big Gun or something that is smuggled out of FRACTURE armory, in short, Anti-I.S. weapon (such as giant I.S. grade handgun or folding Rail Rifle)

Something similar to this, it's a BFG but can be folded down to the size of a laptop.

Meister, any ideas?
Old 2011-11-13, 19:30   Link #7632
Eratas123

@ Zero - Thanks for the help I guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Old 2011-11-13, 20:50   Link #7633
Eratas123

@ Zero - Making a list to avoid possibly having a marty stu. Is there anything you can add?

Side note - Having these traits doesn't make a character a stu, it depends on how the writer handles it.

1. Not a male I.S pilot (obviously)

2. Doesn't attract girls like bees to honey.

3. Can't take on the personals in a straight up fight by himself and can only win through strategy or luck.

4. Not instant friends with the canon cast. Cecilia already doesn't like him.

5. Other characters call him out on assholish actions.

Anything to add?
Old 2011-11-13, 21:09   Link #7634
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
My view on the IS is that this whole sporting event is a ruse. Although the author doesn't explicitly state it, the setting makes me think that the whole world is in a state of cold war. It's an arms race to see who has the best IS. When it comes to treaties, they are ignorable as long as you have the necessary military force.

In real life this may not apply but this is anime, it can and probably will happen.

The prototypes as stated, are at IS academy to obtain combat data and send it back to the country to improve their upgraded sister units, as Zero pointed out to me some time ago. However the second thing is that the countries are also trying to produce the one off ability. The one-off ability that only manifests when an IS reaches 2nd shift is the true reason for all this. 4th gen IS btw are special not only due to fold out armor but because they are IS that have one-off abilities despite not being in second shift, AKA Akatsubaki. (from what I gathered.)
I'm sure glad that the Mechs in the anime IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix aren't like that. IGPX is similar to Infinite Stratos, mainly for the mech fighting that's used for sports. But there are major differences between the two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
So to sum it all up, the writer is confusing whether he's writing a conspiracy/war story or school rocom. As entertaining as it is, it's really confusing since both sides can be dug so deep but seem to be done half-way each. It almost feels like he's setting up for something big to happen.
With how things are going after Vol. 7 in the Light Novels, there's a possibility.
Quote:
@ Zero - Making a list to avoid possibly having a marty stu. Is there anything you can add?

Side note - Having these traits doesn't make a character a stu, it depends on how the writer handles it.

3. Can't take on the personals in a straight up fight by himself and can only win through strategy or luck.

Anything to add?
Status report as of Ch. 3...

Hot Shot: Okay
Sideswipe: Okay
Ratchet: Not Sure (Possibly #5, being the Negative/Sarcastic type)
Scourge: Okay
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-13, 21:10   Link #7635
blitz1/2

Quote:

Anything to add?
4. I can debate this, actually. I mean, if he's a polite guy, then I can see then that making friends would be easy. The issue is the believability.

ANother is that he doesn't combstomp the canon characters unless there's a very GOOD reason.

Old 2011-11-14, 00:12   Link #7636
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
There's no need for guns since Irish is going into vents most of the time...

I dunno, but either A Big Gun or something that is smuggled out of FRACTURE armory, in short, Anti-I.S. weapon (such as giant I.S. grade handgun or folding Rail Rifle)

Something similar to this, it's a BFG but can be folded down to the size of a laptop.

Meister, any ideas?
Did you just post this up so that I will endorse the [iRiSH BL@STER]?!
Old 2011-11-14, 00:23   Link #7637
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Did you just post this up so that I will endorse the [iRiSH BL@STER]?!
Sounds trippy Does it have it's own personality too
Old 2011-11-14, 02:11   Link #7638
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Sounds trippy Does it have it's own personality too
Momotaros=IRISH will be scary.
Old 2011-11-14, 03:36   Link #7639
Eratas123

@ Meister - Irish is short enough, we don't need midget versions of him running around They'd be stabbing everybody in the shins.

@ Hawke - Get rid of the block yet?
Old 2011-11-14, 04:11   Link #7640
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:

Anything to add?
6. Curbstomping Canon Character for no clear reason at all, even if he win, the match should be very close.

Damn it, Josh is defining Stu to a whole new level (except for point 6 which Blitz proposed)

(and of course, we knew how it ACTUALLY goes)

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest