AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-06-11, 00:46   Link #701
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Spoiler:
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 05:04   Link #702
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Spoiler:
woaah, how did she do that?
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-11, 05:24   Link #703
XxSleepyxX
Learner

Kirito will always look like a chick. Anyone who read the GGO arc will remember how the guy said his avatar was rare. The biggest criticism most people have about accel world is how could you make a fat kid a lead when you made a character like Kirito for SAO.
Old 2012-06-11, 18:17   Link #704
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
Kirito will always look like a chick. Anyone who read the GGO arc will remember how the guy said his avatar was rare. The biggest criticism most people have about accel world is how could you make a fat kid a lead when you made a character like Kirito for SAO.
since Haruyuki still in his puberty and didn't completely grown-up yet that understandable
Old 2012-06-11, 19:55   Link #705
Valky
Radioactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxSleepyxX View Post
The biggest criticism most people have about accel world is how could you make a fat kid a lead when you made a character like Kirito for SAO.
Well, he looks like crap and that's one of the reason, but for me it's more because of his attitude and personality. I like Kirito's way better. (And no, I don't read AW's LN, I only watch the anime).
Old 2012-06-12, 03:36   Link #706
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Question! How many integrity knights are there in the LN?
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 05:10   Link #707
tomtkp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Question! How many integrity knights are there in the LN?
The number of integrity knights is not stated yet in the LN. The only integrity knight that appeared in Volume 9 is:
Spoiler for integrity knight:
Old 2012-06-12, 07:05   Link #708
M.A.D

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
since Haruyuki still in his puberty and didn't completely grown-up yet that understandable
Kirito was a 12-years-old game-addict when he first logged into SAO, and I still found him more likable. I like AW too, but Haruyuki still get on my nerves sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtkp View Post
Quote:
Qu estion! How many integrity knights are there in the LN?
The number of integrity knights is not stated yet in the LN. The only integrity knight that appeared in Volume 9 is:
Spoiler for integrity knight:
In "There is but an ultimate way"

Spoiler for :

so if that's how integrity knights are named then there's at least 50 of them.
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-12, 12:21   Link #709
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, from what you said. Integrity knights aren't rare at all...
Old 2012-06-12, 14:49   Link #710
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Well, from what you said. Integrity knights aren't rare at all...
We don't know the population of UW, 50 knights in 1 million inhabitants is less rare than 50 in 10 million. There're also differences between individuals when learning sword styles, with their skills/physical abilities degrading after reaching a certain age.

Assuming physical abilities degrading ~40 years; from the time one takes the sacred task of being a guard, it takes 10 years before he can receive further training (travelling to other cities). The boy Eugeo won against, he spent 6 years as a guard and he lost to a slightly above basic skill like slant, the learning speed of an average village boy is apparently rather slow.

Being an Integrity Knights thus require immense talents in sacred arts, which most people in UW don't have.
Old 2012-06-12, 15:47   Link #711
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, most players in MMO are bound to be martial artists someway. UW is like having 95% of NPC taking the role other than fighting with 1% being able to fight (become guards or soldiers or hunters). Those 95% is considered inferior than normal MMO players because they're NPCs who can never have fighting skills, but the rest are different. However, talents involving something like magic is a bit...

Let's say that the magic chant is in English language (sacred arts = lifeless sound English), people who are MMO players that aren't too retarded should be able to remember the chant that sound exactly like language every school is required to learn. While NPCs in that world would think of it as an alien language they can't decipher. Or maybe chanting magic require something we won't be able to comprehend like umm... dedication towards to gods...

And unlike SAO, UW has magic while SAO relies solely on sword skills. Considering that Kirito is now able to use the Blue Rose Sword he could hardly lift before easily, the likeness of UW compared to reality is questionable.

Also, it's virtual world, the real Kirito is lying somewhere in real world without physical activity. There's no point to really train your body in UW when you would gain almost nothing but maybe reflex in return from virtual training.

And thus, making Kirito having to gain EXP again seems... No matter how realistic looking the world or how smart the AI is, it's just making trouble for Kirito. I hardly believe that a normal human can fight a dragon, or withstand sword cut just because high STR stats.
Old 2012-06-12, 16:32   Link #712
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Well, most players in MMO are bound to be martial artists someway. UW is like having 95% of NPC taking the role other than fighting with 1% being able to fight (become guards or soldiers or hunters). Those 95% is considered inferior than normal MMO players because they're NPCs who can never have fighting skills, but the rest are different. However, talents involving something like magic is a bit...
That is true, only a minority are learning how to fight, but how often do they get a chance to gain battle experience? You can't expect that practicing your sword swing everyday will turn you into an sword master/integrity knight in a decade.
Having practical experience does more than simply swinging your sword everyday.

Who do you think the rest are? Kirito assumed he is the only player in UW, the rest are NPCs. Eugeo was a woodcutter, but defeating the goblin caused him to gain sword experience, which was reflected in his stacia window. He turned from a simple woodcutter to someone who can potentially rival Kirito if he gains enough sword experience. So all NPCs posses the ability to have fighting skills, but since all villagers have a sacred task they must devote their entire life to, they only train skills necessary for their task.
Quote:
Let's say that the magic chant is in English language (sacred arts = lifeless sound English), people who are MMO players that aren't too retarded should be able to remember the chant that sound exactly like language every school is required to learn. While NPCs in that world would think of it as an alien language they can't decipher. Or maybe chanting magic require something we won't be able to comprehend like umm... dedication towards to gods...
Once again, as of now Kirito is the player in UW, the rest are NPCs. To the natives sacred arts are foreign, as much as a language you never heard is foreign to you.
Kirito was assigned to be a woodcutter, so learning sacred arts was impossible for him, not to mention the young Kirito in UW has no knowledge of the real world.

Quote:
And unlike SAO, UW has magic while SAO relies solely on sword skills. Considering that Kirito is now able to use the Blue Rose Sword he could hardly lift before easily, the likeness of UW compared to reality is questionable.

Also, it's virtual world, the real Kirito is lying somewhere in real world without physical activity. There's no point to really train your body in UW when you would gain almost nothing but maybe reflex in return from virtual training.

And thus, making Kirito having to gain EXP again seems... No matter how realistic looking the world or how smart the AI is, it's just making trouble for Kirito. I hardly believe that a normal human can fight a dragon, or withstand sword cut just because high STR stats.
That it doesn't exactly follow the physics of the real world is obvious, but this is more realistic than SAO. In SAO when a player attacks a monster, the monster will stop attacking for a moment (to calculate damage or whatever), while the goblin boss Kirito slashed continued attacking; Kirito also fells pain when he is attacked.
Not to mention both bleed when cut (Kirito&goblin), which can lead to death.

If they made the physics exactly the same as the real world, isn't it obvious that humans will be wiped out when faced against dragons etc? The goal is not to introduce real physics and then see how humans go extinct, but something else. This arc is called Alicization and there is a character called Alice, having the test subject die is likely not the goal.
Old 2012-06-13, 08:23   Link #713
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
"If you're going to say that, don't you dare go tumbling over accidentally right in front of the boss, like on the 69th floor. That report got on the front page of the newspaper, and even I got ashamed over it, you know."
it's look like Kirito became laughing stock that time
Old 2012-06-13, 09:42   Link #714
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNine View Post
it's look like Kirito became laughing stock that time
Where is this again? Scratch that. Love these SS
Also, asuna's quip about the coat of midnight signifies reki's attempt tO properly link the SAO storyline
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 12:08   Link #715
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Well, it seems like now Kirito isn't someone special anymore since he's not as overpower as previous arcs, pitting against fellow MMO players.

But Alice seems to be special. I wonder who she really is. Even the NPCs of the game says she's special, different from the rest of them.

In real life, there are actually someone who are so talent at something they can make normal people feel like their efforts are worthless. Someone who are the evidence that god is not fair. I thought Kirito was one of them.

I now have to exclude Kirito from my list of invincible hero. Hell, why do most of super strong characters happen to be girls especially lolis anyway?
Old 2012-06-13, 13:13   Link #716
dmaxzero

About what is the chapters in the ME "the progresser" and "Ceramic heart"?
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:16   Link #717
M.A.D

They are manga chapters, so B-T doesn't host them. However, both chapters have been scanlated
M.A.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 14:55   Link #718
trinitem
Dedicated Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
Where is this again? Scratch that. Love these SS
Also, asuna's quip about the coat of midnight signifies reki's attempt tO properly link the SAO storyline
Yeah, you also get the foreshadowing about Aincrad's end.

"Yea. The front line is still the seventieth floor, and there's still thirty left above... but I wonder why. I had a hunch-no, a belief that when I fight the last boss of this castle, what I will be holding, is this Dark Repulser."

And whaddaya know?
trinitem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 15:50   Link #719
dmaxzero

Quote:
They are manga chapters, so B-T doesn't host them. However, both chapters have been scanlated
I found them.. Its really a shame that this is not in LN format... while it was very good it would have been more interesting with more details that a novel can provide.

Thanks for the tip....
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-13, 22:45   Link #720
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.D View Post
Actually, it is possible to upload the pages, just that since it'll be a wiki, it'll be something like the novel illustrations we have on Baka Tsuki. I don't know if you guys have suggested it to Vaelius or not though.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality