AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-03-25, 10:24   Link #121
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
They can actually introduce villains that aren't misunderstood. That way they can focus on the main cast of heroes laying the whoop down on them, and not worry too much about the baddies that aren't worthy of befriending. This also makes it so when they do a 4th movie, the cast wont already feel bloated...

Slice of Life would be SO good, though.
Nanoha is about befriending the sh*t out of the villains so they become good guys! With lasers.

They can't do that.

There HAS to be at least a branch of the bad guys that is misunderstood for the girls to befriend.
KuronaFanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:15   Link #122
hiroaki4nanoha

Title of the next Movie

According to information provided at Lyrical Party 5 the title of the next film is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 3rd Reflection and is supposed to contain an original story line not a remake of StrikerS. It will be interesting to see what is coming up and it will probbaly de released either Fall 2014 or Spring 2015.
hiroaki4nanoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 11:47   Link #123
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiroaki4nanoha View Post
According to information provided at Lyrical Party 5 the title of the next film is Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha the Movie 3rd Reflection and is supposed to contain an original story line not a remake of StrikerS. It will be interesting to see what is coming up and it will probbaly de released either Fall 2014 or Spring 2015.
Known already. Though I wish the PSP characters would come and make an original story xD
Old 2013-03-25, 15:05   Link #124
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The only way they can avoid introducing new characters is by going slice-of-life. No way they're going to do that.
Sure, but by doing it before Striker they could drop alot of characters, they could even drop the Yagami group.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:08   Link #125
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
It's not like anyone cares about anyone but Fate after all. =/

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 15:32   Link #126
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

I think that any speculations along the lines of "they'll get RID of main characters" are unrealistic. I'd be willing to put money down that the third movie will star Nanoha, Fate, Hayate and the Wolkenritter. The only thing close to character removal will probably be Yuuno, Arf, Shamal, Zafira and other side-characters getting significantly less screentime because while they're awesome they're just not what most people go see the movies for (I loved Zafira's slightly expanded role in 2nd, personally).

Right now we know it'll be an "original story" "not based on any previous material". This probably rules out StrikerS entirely, including the flashbacks of Nanoha getting crippled, since that would be based on StrikerS. And much to my chagrin it probably rules out the PSP timeline as well, but to be fair the Materials as we know them couldn't exist in the movieverse since Reinforce was destroyed. Unless they rewrite them a third time, we're unlikely to see them.

It's hard to say where they'll go with this. Hopefully they have better writers on the movie team than the ones handling Force and ViVid, or the "original story" will probably be more of the same. Bad guy shows up, wastes everyone, deep scenes and training happens, good guys overwhelm the bad guy, befriend them, reveals there is an even bigger bad guy in the shadows, cue boss fight, tearjerking prologue, and it's a wrap.
Old 2013-03-25, 16:05   Link #127
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
Sure, but by doing it before Striker they could drop alot of characters, they could even drop the Yagami group.
If they're doing a pre-StrikerS, then I'm assuming you mean their high-school antics. In which case Hayate'd be in the class with them, and Nanoha'd be teamed up with Vita during missions. Unless they rewrite that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuronaFanboy View Post
It's hard to say where they'll go with this. Hopefully they have better writers on the movie team than the ones handling Force and ViVid, or the "original story" will probably be more of the same. Bad guy shows up, wastes everyone, deep scenes and training happens, good guys overwhelm the bad guy, befriend them, reveals there is an even bigger bad guy in the shadows, cue boss fight, tearjerking prologue, and it's a wrap.
.... You've just summed up every Nanoha season there.

And I wouldn't count out the Materials just yet. There are several meanings to the word reflections after all.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 16:08   Link #128
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Reflections may involve the Materials XD Or may not -_-
Old 2013-03-25, 16:16   Link #129
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Anything's possible right now. Just because the story won't be based on any of the running series doesn't mean the characters from those series can't be introduced. We're pretty much at the "roll a d100, check the chart" phase.

Which, really, is part of the fun. We haven't had a completely blank canvas for a Nanoha installment for quite a while.
Old 2013-03-25, 16:54   Link #130
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
If they're doing a pre-StrikerS, then I'm assuming you mean their high-school antics. In which case Hayate'd be in the class with them, and Nanoha'd be teamed up with Vita during missions. Unless they rewrite that.

.... You've just summed up every Nanoha season there.

And I wouldn't count out the Materials just yet. There are several meanings to the word reflections after all.
Yep! That was my point.

It worked pretty well for the original season and for A's. StrikerS was somewhat predictable but I didn't dislike it too much. At least Jail was truly an evil loony, even if most of his goons filled the redeemable villains quota. ViVid and Force, though, just struck me as "more of the same" and not in a good way. I'm okay with more of the same if it's done right, like Gears of Destiny, but Force and ViVid are just... I don't know, not as... memorable, I guess?
Old 2013-03-26, 02:19   Link #131
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

If we take the Sound Stages as canon (Which I guess we should) the Materials could very well show up, because there is a bunch of multiple timelines/realities/whatever you want to call them, and dimensional events can kinda mess things up and make you move around them...

Especially with Lost Logia. Those things do almost anything. Them darn Al-Hazard...

What if the movie is about Al-Hazard? Or Ancient Belka?
Old 2013-03-26, 04:24   Link #132
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

I'd have a hard time believing the movie isn't going to be a continuation of 2nd A's. If they somehow manage to add the materials into that timeline..Then power to them.
Old 2013-03-26, 06:01   Link #133
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Anything's possible right now. Just because the story won't be based on any of the running series doesn't mean the characters from those series can't be introduced. We're pretty much at the "roll a d100, check the chart" phase.

Which, really, is part of the fun. We haven't had a completely blank canvas for a Nanoha installment for quite a while.
Agreed. After reading reviews for the latest Nanoha movie, I think it's very good that this newest one won't have a TV original to be compared against. People won't be expecting any specific scenes to show up, or not show up, because it's all new.

Personally, I think the Materials would make great antagonists for this third film, and they definitely would fit the title "Reflections" well.
Old 2013-03-26, 06:54   Link #134
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. After reading reviews for the latest Nanoha movie, I think it's very good that this newest one won't have a TV original to be compared against. People won't be expecting any specific scenes to show up, or not show up, because it's all new.

Personally, I think the Materials would make great antagonists for this third film, and they definitely would fit the title "Reflections" well.
People will complain about every little thing anyway, I don't think being original will spare the third movie the harsh critics of overzealous purists.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:05   Link #135
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It won't. And comparisons to previous seasons and why this movie is better or worse will always be drawn. But at least we'll have different expectations this time.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:18   Link #136
KuronaFanboy
Inactive Member

Quote:
It won't. And comparisons to previous seasons and why this movie is better or worse will always be drawn. But at least we'll have different expectations this time.
Sadly. Personally, I really enjoyed both movies. I wouldn't call them better, or worse, I would call them different, and I would call them a great way for new generations of anime watchers to get into the Nanoha series, while giving the old fans something new to sink their teeth into. Sure, I was a bit let down at some of the things the movies did, but I was also very happy with other things they did. Cutting the catgirl twins out for instance was kind of lame, but giving Zafira an expanded role (especially during the final battle) was awesome.
Old 2013-03-26, 07:58   Link #137
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

I don't really think Zafira has an 'expanded' role, since they cut out his kungfu completely -_-".
Old 2013-03-26, 08:11   Link #138
Takamura Mamoru
The Hawk

>shatters like three layers of shields with his fists vs. NachtWall

What was that?
Old 2013-03-26, 08:12   Link #139
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
So, do you think it will thus do nothing wrong and have no plot holes? Or that any plot holes can be immediately disregarded as long as there are enough shiny explosions?
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 09:13   Link #140
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

At the very least we won't have the same level of one-on-one comparisons.