AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-08-28, 08:03   Link #2221
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
Just as I thought. The spoiler was fake. The real one... this is gonna shock everybody, I'm sure.

Spoiler for Hayate no Gotoku 239 - Silkyheart:
a bad day for Hinagiku....Why Hata...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 08:05   Link #2222
bebichocpha

Quote:
Just as I thought. The spoiler was fake. The real one... this is gonna shock everybody, I'm sure.

Spoiler for Hayate no Gotoku 239 - Silkyheart:
Thank primuler for this spoiler but somthing confuse me, is this event happens in the end of the chapter or middle ?
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 08:34   Link #2223
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebichocpha View Post
Thank primuler for this spoiler but somthing confuse me, is this event happens in the end of the chapter or middle ?
I'm confused too.
Sounds as if it happened at the end of the chapter, but Hata said Athena's arc is gonna be over in this chapter. I kind of see why this is the end of the second Athena arc. Hayate finally realizes his feelings. I'd say, it's kind of unusual storyline for a harem manga because the main characters are usually indecisive. I feel a little sad though. So now it's kind of clear that Hayate still loves Athena, which practically lets everyone who doesn't ship HayatexAthena down. Of course, the girls would try to buy affections, just like usual, but their feelings won't be requited. More likely than before, that is. My bet is that Athena officially dumps Hayate even though she loves him because there are so many girls around her. That way, Hayate would still be in 'neutral' line.

Since I wasn't interested in this character called Athena, this arc actually bored me(one of the main reasons why I didn't participate in discussions actively), but since the storyline is flowing like this, I'm now interested.
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:02   Link #2224
Mentar
Banned

Hmmm... the screenshot is totally blurry, but I think I can make out the decisive line:

"(Athena) suki na hito desu" (Athena is "the person I love"/my girlfriend)

Now, people who have raws should please comment on it, but... I seem to remember that "suki na hito" was also the term Hayate used back in the former chapter when Hayate told Hina and the student council trio about Athena for the first time. Therefore, the context will be imporant, shince he was describing his life with Athena in the past, and the question is if this line is to point out that Athena is his girlfriend he talked about before. It should be noted that he uses present tense (desu), not past tense (deshita), therefore he attributes this to the present.

Well, there are many ways how this scene can continue. This sting can either cause Hina to recoil and retreat (I wouldn't blame her, it's probably how I would react if I were in her shoes), or maybe it will finally propel her to overcome her shyness and throw down the gauntlet.

This is the first time I can remember Hayate talking about any girl in romantic terms in the present tense, so it's a big biiiig deal. At the same time I feel kinda disheartened, because unless anything major changes, this line will devalue any non-Athena ending, since it will kinda become Hayate's second pick only. And I simply can't see an A-tan ending at all, sorry.

I hope you know what you're doing, Hata-sensei. I can't say I'm pleased by this, and not just due to my Hina shipping. You better have something very impressive in store.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:03   Link #2225
crae0n

Quote:
I'm confused too.
Sounds as if it happened at the end of the chapter, but Hata said Athena's arc is gonna be over in this chapter. I kind of see why this is the end of the second Athena arc. Hayate finally realizes his feelings. I'd say, it's kind of unusual storyline for a harem manga because the main characters are usually indecisive. I feel a little sad though. So now it's kind of clear that Hayate still loves Athena, which practically lets everyone who doesn't ship HayatexAthena down. Of course, the girls would try to buy affections, just like usual, but their feelings won't be requited. More likely than before, that is. My bet is that Athena officially dumps Hayate even though she loves him because there are so many girls around her. That way, Hayate would still be in 'neutral' line.

Since I wasn't interested in this character called Athena, this arc actually bored me(one of the main reasons why I didn't participate in discussions actively), but since the storyline is flowing like this, I'm now interested.
I'm being confused now too.
What do you mean by this chapter as the end of second athena arc?
I can't understand why...
(sorry for asking)....
crae0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:26   Link #2226
zibi88

well this chapter brings few ways of things......

Hayate said that he got ignored by her.... and later that he loves her.....

We know that Hina knows Athena for a little time too... so what if she meets up with her on some place.... and than hina will ask her why is she ignoring Hayate (the same makeing him all depressed for whole days now) even throught he still loves her :P which would shock athena since she throught that hayate has someone else.... and here she learns that Hayate still loves her after 10years of separation

I was wondering about something what if hina and haayte will do a cheating ^^... like hayate will give Hina the necklage... the same she will gain the whole sanzein inheritance... but after that she gives that necklage to Athena and she gives teh inheritance back to Nagi.... so Hayate would be free from that burden....

loseing the burden gives the image what is important to Athena... the stone which she got or Hayate.... this woudl show hayate which girl cares for him more... Athena or Hina ^^
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 09:31   Link #2227
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by crae0n View Post
I'm being confused now too.
What do you mean by this chapter as the end of second athena arc?
I can't understand why...
(sorry for asking)....
When Athena appeared, Hata said it was continuation of End of World arc. And apparently, he said it was going to end in this chapter. Does that clear up?
Old 2009-08-28, 09:55   Link #2228
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF im glad AND sad at the same time. An Athena ending is not likely so I know something bad may happen between them....but thats for the future so for now, just for the time being, I will bask in the gloriousness of this revelation.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 10:18   Link #2229
bebichocpha

Look like chap 239 is really hot bc it's make many people confuse ( me too )
Once again, it's big chance for Hina's stundere becomes more and more stronger xD. They're make for each other bc their feeling was tested many times ( clock tower, magical labyrinth, beach volleyball .... ) maybe this chap 239 is the biggest challenge for them. ^_^

Not like To Love Ru, what a dissapointed ending T_T. HnG will better and better every week

Plz Hata-sensei don't let us down plz.
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 10:41   Link #2230
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

Woo, not sure what to say. I was expecting Hina to get shot down this chapter, sure, but not that badly.

That's gonna hurt. Silly Hayate, you heart breaker.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:43   Link #2231
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

And now for the weather... HAILSTORMS EVERYWHERE FOR HINA!

Hayate just nuked her with the Tsar Bomb without even realizing it.

Spoiler for Lost hopes & shattered dreams, also her necklace is magically back:

Spoiler for That's not Goku...:

Spoiler for Why is Maria's picture bigger?:

Spoiler for CRITICAL HIT! HEART ATTACK IMMINENT IN 5..4...3... HHNNNNGGGGG!!!!:
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 11:49   Link #2232
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
And now for the weather... HAILSTORMS EVERYWHERE FOR HINA!

Hayate just nuked her with the Tsar Bomb without even realizing it.

Spoiler for Lost hopes & shattered dreams, also her necklace is magically back:

Critical Hit....1 HP left

Spoiler for That's not Goku...:

Wait...what...

Funny how Hinagiku is now paired with Ayumu....a hamster cage? Also it might finally be Maria time.

Spoiler for CRITICAL HIT! HEART ATTACK IMMINENT IN 5..4...3... HHNNNNGGGGG!!!!:

THE LIGHT!!! I SEE THE LIGHT!!!
dammit I cant wait for this chapter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-08-28, 11:58   Link #2233
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Hmmm... the screenshot is totally blurry, but I think I can make out the decisive line:

"(Athena) suki na hito desu" (Athena is "the person I love"/my girlfriend)

Now, people who have raws should please comment on it, but... I seem to remember that "suki na hito" was also the term Hayate used back in the former chapter when Hayate told Hina and the student council trio about Athena for the first time. Therefore, the context will be imporant, shince he was describing his life with Athena in the past, and the question is if this line is to point out that Athena is his girlfriend he talked about before. It should be noted that he uses present tense (desu), not past tense (deshita), therefore he attributes this to the present.

Well, there are many ways how this scene can continue. This sting can either cause Hina to recoil and retreat (I wouldn't blame her, it's probably how I would react if I were in her shoes), or maybe it will finally propel her to overcome her shyness and throw down the gauntlet.

This is the first time I can remember Hayate talking about any girl in romantic terms in the present tense, so it's a big biiiig deal. At the same time I feel kinda disheartened, because unless anything major changes, this line will devalue any non-Athena ending, since it will kinda become Hayate's second pick only. And I simply can't see an A-tan ending at all, sorry.

I hope you know what you're doing, Hata-sensei. I can't say I'm pleased by this, and not just due to my Hina shipping. You better have something very impressive in store.
She´ll die. Srsly. Like in some big showdown with mikado and the gemstones, one big blast and she´s gone. Not to mention the prior confessions from a quite long line of girls who´ll appeal to hayate so we never know which Hina he may choose in the end.
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 12:06   Link #2234
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Thanks for the pics. And where's Nagi? And Maria's picture is a little bigger than others because it's actually her who saved Hayate in the first volume, no?
Old 2009-08-28, 15:14   Link #2235
xellos2099

Hina execution squad might get ready lol. But the news of that might renew Hina determine to attract Hayate's attention. As there is a saying, the only way to get over a lost love to to get a new one.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 15:44   Link #2236
Maydie

Spoiler for Rah:
Maydie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 16:40   Link #2237
GDB

Good lord, what's with all this Hata hate? If you don't like how he's doing the manga... stop reading it. Especially if you're one of the few who constantly spew hate.

If you're disappointed, that's fine. I like Hina too, but to start calling for Hata's head is immature and ridiculous. Remember, you wouldn't even have these characters if it weren't for Hata.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 22:25   Link #2238
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Good lord, what's with all this Hata hate? If you don't like how he's doing the manga... stop reading it. Especially if you're one of the few who constantly spew hate.

If you're disappointed, that's fine. I like Hina too, but to start calling for Hata's head is immature and ridiculous. Remember, you wouldn't even have these characters if it weren't for Hata.
Well said. I wanted to say the same thing. If it wasn't for Hata, there would be no Hinagiku and no Athena. Although I admit that I don't like his way of drawing manga (the bit that he is pretty sensitive about fans' opinions), I love the series. This series was supposed to be for a comedy and arguing like this ruins the base purpose of series among fans. Of course, since the series is going through the darkest part at the moment, there might be some serious debates, but bashing the author to this point is ridiculous.

Spoiler for personal rants about Athena fans. Something I wanted to say like three weeks ago in this forum.:

Last edited by primuler; 2009-08-28 at 23:08.
Old 2009-08-28, 23:03   Link #2239
aldw

If I like or dislike a character, that's purely for my own reasons and not based on how other fans perceive things. If certain fans are obnoxious I say my piece and ignore them afterwards.
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-28, 23:13   Link #2240
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

ye I dont let my opinions on characters be decided by the fans but by the character itself

Tags
comedy, shounen