AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-07, 11:04   Link #1
kaisama

Super Robot Wars Neo

Apparently I found out about it a few weeks ago(Never heard of it before), got to stage 39 and want to make topic about it to see if anyone beside me have played this. It's the only SRWs game I know that Boss doesn't suck, Borot Dynamic Special I dare say it's the most enjoyable SRW title I've ever played. Yeah, it's 3D but it's a big step up from GC/XO...the colorful cast and colors help, also music is awesome, that guy from Jushin Liger has a whole new song composed for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIDLJWt20Y

It's not like typical SRW games, it's more like SRW meet Phantom Brave, unit move in circle radius, not square and the system has been completely revamped. Sizes are important now since large units like God Raijin Oh take a lot of space, flying is not encourage because it takes a lot of EN and anti-air weapons in this game are very effective, there is also anti ground weapons but rare (Magnum Ace's Asteroid Cannon owns everything walking). Almost every weapon have secondary effects now, fire-based attack like God Gundam God Finger or Mazinger Z's breast fire, Getter Beam can deal additional damage, pressure attack like rocket punch can knock enemies back and if they hit obstruction they will lose more HP, lock on increase critical rate, guardarm increase defense, arc can circle around building and hit enemies other attack can't reach(yes, the buildings have purpose now), Hit&Away is weapon's effect....etc. This reduced a lot of filler attacks since any weapon can be useful in some ways. You can surround (flanking) enemy for more additional damage (up to 100% damage and 50%) accuracy, they can also do the same to you. HP is low, the Ionia only have around 7000 HP at the start, you have to protect your ship well and try not to get surrounded.

Pilot's stats start in single digit instead of hunreds, unit's Armor and Mobility upgrades directly increase your pilots' stats. Seishin has been revamped, only 4 for each main and 2 for each supports, and they can be leveled up with more benefits like greater effect or reduce SP cost. Everyone only have about 20 SP at the start and increase a small amount each turn of taking hit. There is map attack and charge attack, charge attack is like map attack but in straight line and your unit will end up in the end of the line. The Disgaea-esque ship system is awesome since you can shuffle you entire roster in one map, no forced deploy beside very few stages, which is welcom....and ryu priest is the best support mech in SRW ever.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 23:00   Link #2
kaisama

Well, no one ? the bosses are actually look properly big now, stages 30&31 have strange and special feel to them. Still no space battles that utilize z axis is kind of a miss opportunity. I like how the mechs actually moving around instead of stick figures that float around.

Forgot to mention the they actually tried to balance the high tier end game units, the upgraded Eldoran robots need everyone at 120 morale to combine, King Gozaurer you need all three pilot of 3 Saurers mech reach 120 for example, Ryu Knights need 120 to class change with all the benefits.

Also

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW5kE7jzqlo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxvlla_QUrw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvOdtiT33Q8

Last edited by kaisama; 2011-01-12 at 19:31.
kaisama is offline   Reply With Quote