AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-06, 23:04   Link #19601
Royalknightftw
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: In the middle of nowhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
That sounds like a big hit on your wallet. Do you like Tsunako's version of Kurumi or NOCO's version of Kurumi from DAB better?

Here's the April Fool's picture of "DAL Girl's Side"--could you tell me who the artist is?

Holy Crap, i soooo want this
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 05:53   Link #19602
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I much prefer Tsunako's myself. Was it due to a scheduling conflict that she couldn't illustrate for DAB? I would very much like to find out what her design for Inverse Kurumi would have looked like.
I would imagine itís because she was already doing DAL. The books for both series were usually written/illustrated at the same time, so it would have doubled her workload, and realistically have been logistically impossible.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 10:19   Link #19603
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
I would imagine itís because she was already doing DAL. The books for both series were usually written/illustrated at the same time, so it would have doubled her workload, and realistically have been logistically impossible.
I suppose it was also due to Tsunako's commitments at Compile Heart too. But then again, there aren't that many illustrations (and they are in black and white, which is simpler than full-colour illustrations) in both the DAB and DAL novels (it's not anywhere near as demanding as a manga to illustrate either), so it's probably more due to her work at Compile Heart (requiring many more illustrations, in full-colour) that nudged her out of illustrating for DAB.

Maybe a compromise would have been for her to design Inverse Kurumi first, and then have NOCO just illustrate it based off that design where necessary.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 17:31   Link #19604
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I suppose it was also due to Tsunako's commitments at Compile Heart too. But then again, there aren't that many illustrations (and they are in black and white, which is simpler than full-colour illustrations) in both the DAB and DAL novels (it's not anywhere near as demanding as a manga to illustrate either), so it's probably more due to her work at Compile Heart (requiring many more illustrations, in full-colour) that nudged her out of illustrating for DAB.
You must remember, she's also mostly retired now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Maybe a compromise would have been for her to design Inverse Kurumi first, and then have NOCO just illustrate it based off that design where necessary.
We have no proof that wasn't the case. Furthermore, the Astral Dress could have been altered because of Sawa.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-08, 20:37   Link #19605
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
You must remember, she's also mostly retired now.
Oh, that's news to me. When did she make that announcement? Do you have a link in English? Did she cut ties with Compile Heart? Last I heard she was still willing to illustrate for the next work written by DAL's author.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
We have no proof that wasn't the case. Furthermore, the Astral Dress could have been altered because of Sawa.
I'd like official confirmation in any case. And I'm banking on Inverse Kurumi having been designed by NOCO, because Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress bucks the trend of the Inverse Spirits we've seen so far from Tsunako wearing less than the original Spirits do (confirmed for Tohka, Origami, and Yoshino). Inverse Kurumi is the odd one out, because she's wearing more clothing than non-Inverse Kurumi is.

I also remember someone on this forum saying that "Tsunako thinks revealing (clothing) designs are cute." Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress is decidedly not revealing.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 03:49   Link #19606
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
For DALís 10th anniversary, Kadokawa is releasing several new goods featuring a new Tohka amd Kurumi illustration, and several other new items based on old illustrations and images.

https://store.kadokawa.co.jp/shop/e/ept00076/
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 06:18   Link #19607
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Oh, that's news to me. When did she make that announcement? Do you have a link in English? Did she cut ties with Compile Heart? Last I heard she was still willing to illustrate for the next work written by DAL's author.



I'd like official confirmation in any case. And I'm banking on Inverse Kurumi having been designed by NOCO, because Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress bucks the trend of the Inverse Spirits we've seen so far from Tsunako wearing less than the original Spirits do (confirmed for Tohka, Origami, and Yoshino). Inverse Kurumi is the odd one out, because she's wearing more clothing than non-Inverse Kurumi is.

I also remember someone on this forum saying that "Tsunako thinks revealing (clothing) designs are cute." Inverse Kurumi's Astral Dress is decidedly not revealing.
Yes, she has cut ties from Compile Heart because, as I recall, she needs to take care of her ailing mother, and she was unable to do such a demanding job from so far away and for so many hours. Illustrating for one light novel series that releases volumes two or three times a year is much less demanding.
That’s not to say she bears them any ill will, mind, she’s just working freelance in a reduced capacity. I believe she said she might work for CH in a reduced fashion as a freelancer, but not as often or to the same extent, that she did before.

You can think Noco designed her, but that doesn’t mean it’s true.
Tohka, Origami and Yoshino’s Inversions don’t involve someone completely unrelated fusing with them and taking command of their powers, which could easily be the reason for the difference.
And yes, it was me that said that - but the concept for the design comes from Tachibana. So if he says ‘formal military uniform’ and Tsunako did, say, four designs of varying levels of undress, then he could either say they’re all too revealing, or simply pick the least revealing one. The whole ‘evil = skimpy’ thing comes from Tachibana, not Tsunako, and it is entirely possibly that he decided to ignore it for Queen - either because she’s not ‘Kurumi’s kinda evil alter ego’, but Sawa, or perhaps because of some reason relating to the fact that Kurumi’s base settings predate DAL.

It should also be said that, as someone who finds revealing designs cute myself, I’d also have preferred a different design for ‘Inverse Kurumi’. But, like it or not, this is the design, and even if Noco did design it, rather than Tsunako, it’s still Tachibana that would have signed off on it, so if he didn’t tell her to make it more revealing (and Noco is no stranger to revealing designs either), then this is the vague idea he had in mind, so Tsunako’s would have been barely different. Tsunako’s Queen would likely have been as different as Noco’s version of Kurumi is.

A better thing to pine for might be ‘an Inverse Kurumi who isn’t really Sawa’, but then, if the design is different because Kurumi predates DAL, and so Tachibana had something else in mind, then not even that would have changed anything. If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe we’ll get to see Queen in Tsunako’s style, or a ‘Sawa-less Inverse Kurumi’ design. It’s unlikely, but the chance isn’t completely nil.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 12:24   Link #19608
Estzero1
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Yes, she has cut ties from Compile Heart because, as I recall, she needs to take care of her ailing mother, and she was unable to do such a demanding job from so far away and for so many hours. Illustrating for one light novel series that releases volumes two or three times a year is much less demanding.
That’s not to say she bears them any ill will, mind, she’s just working freelance in a reduced capacity. I believe she said she might work for CH in a reduced fashion as a freelancer, but not as often or to the same extent, that she did before.
Interesting to know, but also kinda relieving. Who else should design Neptunia characters if not Tsunako. It just goes hand to hand and probably won't work with someone else. The same goes for another DAL VN, which will most likely happen sometime.

Quote:
If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe we’ll get to see Queen in Tsunako’s style, or a ‘Sawa-less Inverse Kurumi’ design. It’s unlikely, but the chance isn’t completely nil.
I disagree. The chances are better than unlikely. I would say they are good, at least okay. I mean, we never expected to get some kind of artbook in the first place, so it wouldn't make any sense not to cover the rest in a second one. I strongly believe we will get it eventually.
__________________
http://forums.animesuki.com/images/as.icon/signaturepics/sigpic242962_2.gif

Whatīs the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 12:29   Link #19609
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Happy Birthday, Tohka!

https://mobile.twitter.com/date_a_in...e-anime.com%2F
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 18:24   Link #19610
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
Interesting to know, but also kinda relieving. Who else should design Neptunia characters if not Tsunako. It just goes hand to hand and probably won't work with someone else. The same goes for another DAL VN, which will most likely happen sometime.



I disagree. The chances are better than unlikely. I would say they are good, at least okay. I mean, we never expected to get some kind of artbook in the first place, so it wouldn't make any sense not to cover the rest in a second one. I strongly believe we will get it eventually.
Oh no no no, I mean itís unlikely that a second artbook would have a different design for Queen. I think weíll get a second artbook 100%.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 19:57   Link #19611
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Yeah, it’s no coincidence that the first artbook covered exactly half of the main story volumes.

Who knows when the second artbook will come out though..... T.T
__________________
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 22:20   Link #19612
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Yes, she has cut ties from Compile Heart because, as I recall, she needs to take care of her ailing mother, and she was unable to do such a demanding job from so far away and for so many hours. Illustrating for one light novel series that releases volumes two or three times a year is much less demanding.
Thatís not to say she bears them any ill will, mind, sheís just working freelance in a reduced capacity. I believe she said she might work for CH in a reduced fashion as a freelancer, but not as often or to the same extent, that she did before.
Hmm, this is all news to me. I didn't know about Tsunako's mother being ill. When did Tsunako make that announcement? Could this be the reason why the official DAL VN Ren Dystopia was shorter than the ones before it, so Tsunako wouldn't have to illustrate so many assets for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
You can think Noco designed her, but that doesnít mean itís true.
Tohka, Origami and Yoshinoís Inversions donít involve someone completely unrelated fusing with them and taking command of their powers, which could easily be the reason for the difference.
And yes, it was me that said that - but the concept for the design comes from Tachibana. So if he says Ďformal military uniformí and Tsunako did, say, four designs of varying levels of undress, then he could either say theyíre all too revealing, or simply pick the least revealing one. The whole Ďevil = skimpyí thing comes from Tachibana, not Tsunako, and it is entirely possibly that he decided to ignore it for Queen - either because sheís not ĎKurumiís kinda evil alter egoí, but Sawa, or perhaps because of some reason relating to the fact that Kurumiís base settings predate DAL.

It should also be said that, as someone who finds revealing designs cute myself, Iíd also have preferred a different design for ĎInverse Kurumií. But, like it or not, this is the design, and even if Noco did design it, rather than Tsunako, itís still Tachibana that would have signed off on it, so if he didnít tell her to make it more revealing (and Noco is no stranger to revealing designs either), then this is the vague idea he had in mind, so Tsunakoís would have been barely different. Tsunakoís Queen would likely have been as different as Nocoís version of Kurumi is.

A better thing to pine for might be Ďan Inverse Kurumi who isnít really Sawaí, but then, if the design is different because Kurumi predates DAL, and so Tachibana had something else in mind, then not even that would have changed anything. If they do a second art book, and that art book has other Inversions in it, then maybe weíll get to see Queen in Tsunakoís style, or a ĎSawa-less Inverse Kurumií design. Itís unlikely, but the chance isnít completely nil.
Eh, maybe I'm a little too hung up on "Inverse = Skimpier Costume" myself. But I still would have liked to have seen an Inverse Kurumi based around that paradigm. I'm still looking forward to a complete DAL artbook, preferably one that includes Inverse designs for all the spirits (even those who didn't go Inverse in the story).
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 06:56   Link #19613
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Yeah, it’s no coincidence that the first artbook covered exactly half of the main story volumes.

Who knows when the second artbook will come out though..... T.T
After Encore 11, probably, seeing as it’d have to be covered in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Hmm, this is all news to me. I didn't know about Tsunako's mother being ill. When did Tsunako make that announcement? Could this be the reason why the official DAL VN Ren Dystopia was shorter than the ones before it, so Tsunako wouldn't have to illustrate so many assets for it?
Tsunako didn’t illustrate Ren Dystopia (or, rather, not all of it), and it was still longer Rio Reincarnation, so it’s not like it’s the shortest, either.
As for when this was announced...years ago now, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a date offhand.

EDIT: It was late November/early December 2018.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 19:12   Link #19614
Mazryonh
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Tsunako didnít illustrate Ren Dystopia (or, rather, not all of it), and it was still longer Rio Reincarnation, so itís not like itís the shortest, either.
As for when this was announced...years ago now, so Iím afraid I canít give you a date offhand.

EDIT: It was late November/early December 2018.
Thanks for the clarification. Good that Tsunako has some help now with regards to what she's hired to illustrate. I'm still looking forward to the DAL game that will accompany the release of Season 4 though, assuming Tsunako will illustrate the majority of it.

In other news, have a video review of another Tokisaki Kurumi figure, this time the Bunny Version by KD Colle:

Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 19:43   Link #19615
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'm still looking forward to the DAL game that will accompany the release of Season 4 though, assuming Tsunako will illustrate the majority of it.

That’s assuming there is one. While I, too, hope there is one, there has never been a statement that anime = game, nor has one for DALIV been confirmed either.
The fact that every other animated work (sans Date A Bullet) received one certainly implies we might get one...but on the other hand, Tachibana was still writing the novels at the time. He has now moved on to a new series (not that it’s out yet), and the thank yous and goodbyes at the end of V22 would feel a bit odd if there was another character planned and that wasn’t mentioned, seeing as Ren was mentioned. Of course, there could always be a game without a new heroine.
In any case, while one would be nice, one certainly isn’t confirmed. It’s up to each individual to determine whether they want to be optimistic or cynical with regards to the chances of us getting one, but, ultimately, it bears remembering that that is all it is - a chance. Past evidence suggests one outcome...but things have changed since then, so who knows if the precedent they set still counts?
I, personally, prefer to be cynical - that way, in the event we get one, I can be pleasantly surprised...but then, I’m also constantly depressed, so perhaps not the best one to talk.
__________________
Time is known to heal all wounds, and it would - if only it could.
Yet these wounds cannot be healed, with permanent scars they have been sealed
Locked inside is all the pain, which cannot be washed away even by the heaviest rain.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
Iím letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:45.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.