AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2021-04-09, 18:43   Link #3981
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
Yaegerist are the biggest problem, since they worship the guy who killed 80% of the population. That'd be like the nazis staying in power in Germany after WWII.
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 20:04   Link #3982
foxbox360
New Age Badass
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Charlotte, NC
^ Pretty much and the world is more fuck up than ever. The last chapter Pretty much destroyed Eren character because I thought he would win and rule the world in a god like body but instead he confess he love Mikasa.��
__________________
Mecha need to evolve!!!!!
foxbox360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-09, 23:29   Link #3983
Router25
World Connector. I think
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Age: 25
^ Wait, so it's not about becoming human?
Eren, who hated each and every titan with his being that vowed to eradicate all titans, cannot be human?
That upon realizing that he (more importantly his lineage) are cursed to become titans, wanted to get rid or it all by sacrificing himself as a villain since talk no jutsu will never work?
__________________
Now, how did I end up here?
Router25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 06:58   Link #3984
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerleon89 View Post
True, however just because the surviving Marley soldiers won't beef with Eldians doesn't mean that others other than them won't find a way to bring the fight to those they believe destroyed their world, even after news dropped that it was Eren that did it.
No, really, you see this is the whole difference between Lelouch and Eren, and why his plan couldn't possibly go the same way. Eren didn't do everything alone, he really couldn't have gone with that plan if he wasn't aided by the Jaegerists (which involved turning several Edlians into titans BTW). And the Jaegarists also happen to be supported by a sizable portion of the Paradis citizens and are openly and repeatedly advocating that the whole world except Eldians should be exterminated, and worse yet, even after all that happened, they are still saying that.

There's no way the world could ever offer an olive branch to unrepentant genocidal mass murders. At the very least the Jaegarists should be overthrown, processed for crimes against humanity, and the new government should publicly condemn the act.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Meh. They'd have found some reason to kill each other eventually.
As opposed to having already more than enough reasons to kill each others in the current situation.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And where has that bleak vision gone? It's honestly been pretty hard to find since Marleyans and Eldians started forgiving each other and cooperating willy nilly.

Early on, Pixis and Eren talked, agreeing that a big common threat wouldn't be enough to unite people. In the last arc, Eren became a big common threat that united the people. Heck, he wasn't even a threat to Paradis, as such, but his friends still turned on him to join the global "let's kill Eren" effort.
You have this habit of taking a few exceptions and generalizing their action to the whole group in spite of overwhelming evidence of the contrary.

Marley didn't unite with Paradis, that didn't happen. A very small group of Eldians united with other Eldians from another faction aided by a lone Marleyan.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 07:20   Link #3985
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
You have this habit of taking a few exceptions and generalizing their action to the whole group in spite of overwhelming evidence of the contrary.

Marley didn't unite with Paradis, that didn't happen. A very small group of Eldians united with other Eldians from another faction aided by a lone Marleyan.
Yes. They're the bits that were actually shown, so I assume they're the bits that actually matter. To go back to my Star Wars comparison, and pretending the third trilogy doesn't exist, I don't finish RotJ and think to myself "and then the Empire splinters, but unfettered by Palpatine's insistence on compensating for something via super-weapons, one faction steamrolls the Rebel Alliance after its Pyrrhic victory and drives it back underground."
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 10:25   Link #3986
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
^ Pretty much and the world is more fuck up than ever. The last chapter Pretty much destroyed Eren character because I thought he would win and rule the world in a god like body but instead he confess he love Mikasa.��
Just what made you think he wanted to be God-Emperor of Mankind Dune Eldia?
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 12:30   Link #3987
Ligerleon89
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Spoiler for More thoughts and speculations:
Ligerleon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 18:43   Link #3988
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: France
Age: 34
So, what do you guys think about Ymir? That was some acute Stockholm Syndrome she suffered from. Why did she decide to free herself only now?
__________________
Rize and Kaneki
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-10, 19:22   Link #3989
Sheba
Must Bury Qiqi
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat
Age: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So, what do you guys think about Ymir? That was some acute Stockholm Syndrome she suffered from. Why did she decide to free herself only now?
She likely had Stockholm Syndrome, and needed to see if someone as irrationally in love as herself like Mikasa can break herself out ot it There is few French tubers that tries to explain it.
__________________
<a rel=nofollow href=http://forums.animesuki.com/group.php?groupid=959 target=_blank>Kancolle Social Group</a>
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 06:48   Link #3990
Blaat
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
She likely had Stockholm Syndrome, and needed to see if someone as irrationally in love as herself like Mikasa can break herself out ot it There is few French tubers that tries to explain it.
Pretty much how I see it, to add I think Eren convinced her that she can be free from that syndrome (chapter 122 or 123 I think) but it's Mikasa's actions that gave her the willpower to act.
__________________
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 07:26   Link #3991
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Yes. They're the bits that were actually shown, so I assume they're the bits that actually matter. To go back to my Star Wars comparison, and pretending the third trilogy doesn't exist, I don't finish RotJ and think to myself "and then the Empire splinters, but unfettered by Palpatine's insistence on compensating for something via super-weapons, one faction steamrolls the Rebel Alliance after its Pyrrhic victory and drives it back underground."
That's a nice comparison, but is the impression that people had at the end of Return of the Jedi that the rebels, after dealing a fatal blow to the Empire, would just become friend with what remained of the Empire even as they kept ruling the planets with an iron fist as before?

Obviously not. The impression was that the Rebels would keep fighting the Empire with the difference that at that point their victory was sure.

In he same way the ending of AoT doesn't really give the impression that Paradis and the rest of the world would make peace.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
She likely had Stockholm Syndrome, and needed to see if someone as irrationally in love as herself like Mikasa can break herself out ot it There is few French tubers that tries to explain it.
That's a logical interpretation, but if Ymir orchestrated the events so that precise point in time would happen, it means that she already knew it would happen. Why did she need to see it if she had already foreseen it?

I think part of her reasons were also to even out the balance of the world. Before the rumbling Paradis was doomed, after the Rumbling Paradis' survival is a coin toss. In the end in a way, she still protected Karl Fritz's legacy, with the same ruthlessness.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-11, 08:58   Link #3992
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
That's a nice comparison, but is the impression that people had at the end of Return of the Jedi that the rebels, after dealing a fatal blow to the Empire, would just become friend with what remained of the Empire even as they kept ruling the planets with an iron fist as before?

Obviously not. The impression was that the Rebels would keep fighting the Empire with the difference that at that point their victory was sure.

In he same way the ending of AoT doesn't really give the impression that Paradis and the rest of the world would make peace.
Different situations.

Like you said, RotJ gives the impression the Rebels won, so that's what I'm going with.

Here, the impression is that Eren succeeded in making Armin a hero and averting annihilation for Paradis, so that's what I'm going with. It won't be all kisses and roses, but it'll be mostly alright.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 07:18   Link #3993
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
But I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Armin and company were turned into heroes and that what remains of the world consider them saviors of humanity.

However the previous time an Eldian was turned into a hero, 100 years before, it didn't cause the rest of the world to think that maybe Eldians aren't devils.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 07:26   Link #3994
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
But I'm not disagreeing with the fact that Armin and company were turned into heroes and that what remains of the world consider them saviors of humanity.

However the previous time an Eldian was turned into a hero, 100 years before, it didn't cause the rest of the world to think that maybe Eldians aren't devils.
That's because the last guy who did that did it as part of a long term racial suicide, and the "hero" got behind the narrative that Eldians who weren't him or his family absolutely were devils.

Suicide isn't what Eren was going for (his personal sacrifice aside), and Armin's all about peaceful coexistence.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 07:06   Link #3995
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: forever lost inside a logic error
I don't really think the whole world dances on the palm of the "saviors" and does whatever they says. Rather than thinking that the whole world hated the Eldians because that's what the Tybur family told them, I think that the whole world loved the Tybur family because they kept telling them to hate the Eldians. Otherwise, maybe not all of them, but many would have grown suspicious and the popularity of the Tybur family would have dwindled.

Armin is clearly trying to bring peace to the world, but if 3 years after the facts the survivors still want to eradicate Paradis, it means that they don't care that much about what Armin says.
__________________

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.