AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-11-17, 08:17   Link #1
marvelB

Build King

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Official English

Quote:
Tonkachi and Renge live on mysterious Hammer Island, a place where no human should be able to survive. The two are carpenters who build houses for the island's inhabitants, but what are their special powers? And what are their dreams? Construction soon begins on this megabuild of a battle fantasy story!

From the same fellow who brought us Toriko! Heck, this may as well be a sequel.... just replace the whole food/cooking theme with a carpentry theme and there ya go! We've already got fantastical locations, an absurdly strong protagonist (though on the flip side, it's the shorter, weaker-looking guy this time around), and a world crawling with big, powerful monsters! Hopefully, this series will do well enough to stick around for a good while....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-21, 10:01   Link #2
marvelB

Next chapter's out! And once again, the author's making it almost TOO easy to compare it to Toriko! I rather enjoy the humor too, I admit ("Butts are a symbol of peace!" "Uh.... I don't think so!" ). I wonder how long until the first major villains are introduced? Because I'd so look forward to the next generation of creepy dudes like Tommyrod and Livebearer....
Old 2021-02-02, 09:38   Link #3
marvelB

And now a bump! It's not like I neglected this series, I just didn't have time to post about it, is all!

Anyway, quite a bit happened since my last post! Our heroes literally hammered their way through a hurricane, renovated an upside down castle (during which they gained a new traveling companion), and are now about to take their union license exam, which is being overseen by several master builders! Can't wait to see what sort of crazy tests Tonkachi and co. have to overcome from here on out!
Old 2021-04-12, 08:38   Link #4
WingedAccelerator

Axed King.

You rarely survive in WSJ with unconventional, repulsive character designs. Just stick to the pretty boys and the cool guys from the get go, Mitsutoshi, even if I appreciate how you wanted to make "The Komatsus" a trend. Also, more batshit insanity and gore are a must from the start as well.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-13, 11:33   Link #5
marvelB

Damn, over just like that. And just when things were really starting to pick up, too. Well, at least there's the (proper) ending to look forward to in the volume release, but it's still such a shame.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Axed King.

You rarely survive in WSJ with unconventional, repulsive character designs. Just stick to the pretty boys and the cool guys from the get go, Mitsutoshi, even if I appreciate how you wanted to make "The Komatsus" a trend. Also, more batshit insanity and gore are a must from the start as well.
It definitely had Toriko-level zaniness from the get-go, but... I dunno, I guess it's just not the current audience's cup of tea. Again, a shame, because I saw real potential in this series. Well, I still wish the author luck on his future endeavors, regardless...
Old 2021-04-14, 08:05   Link #6
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I read the first chapter back when it came out and could immediately tell it would get canceled so I didn't continue. I didn't think it would happen this fast though. Being axed after only 20 chapters is quite embarrassing for a veteran author.
Old 2021-04-14, 13:44   Link #7
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Being axed after only 20 chapters is quite embarrassing for a veteran author.
Let's be honest, that's the least thing he should be embarassed about.

*sweating intensifies*
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote