AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-04-07, 13:47   Link #21
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

OP's song was... really weird. ED was fine, and I think those are illustrations from the manga?
Not sure if I will watch the actual anime though. Never liked extremely long anime, especially when they spread out over many many seasons. That, and I kinda know the end, coupling-wise.

Congrats on somehow getting 3 2-cours though. (I've probably said this before already)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-07, 13:49   Link #22
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I usually have a pretty bad memory, but I think I remember them all here. Maybe because I love this show.
Yeah, it was pretty easy to jump back into this series for me too.
Old 2021-04-07, 16:11   Link #23
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
OP's song was... really weird. ED was fine, and I think those are illustrations from the manga?

Congrats on somehow getting 3 2-cours though. (I've probably said this before already)
The ED illustrations are drawn by the mangaka in her current style and not directly taken from the manga which has a 90s shoujo style. Also sadly enough the last season might be a single cour as it's only going to have three blu-ray/DVD volumes compared to season one and two which had six volumes each.
Old 2021-04-07, 18:18   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
The ED illustrations are drawn by the mangaka in her current style and not directly taken from the manga which has a 90s shoujo style. Also sadly enough the last season might be a single cour as it's only going to have three blu-ray/DVD volumes compared to season one and two which had six volumes each.
Really? Huh.
It looks pretty close to what her art looked like in the later volumes.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-04-09, 06:34   Link #25
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The thing about the argument between Ren and Akito is that they're both right, but also both wrong, in a somewhat psychotic sort of way. Akito more or less proves that the apple doesn't fall to far from the tree and pretty much just grows where it fell, in the same spot as its progenitor.

This of course ties back to Tohru's observation that everything's frozen in place, doomed to repeat that cycle over and over again. One of the central themes of the story.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-12, 13:21   Link #26
Frontier

In a zodiac that were cursed to love Akito unconditionally, Shigure was apparently the only one that genuinely loved her for her, from the very beginning. To the point where Shigure stole Akito's first kiss. And Akito reflects on this while she is in bed with Kureno, their sexual relationship having driven Shigure to sleep with Akito's mother and Akito kicking him out. Jeez, these relationships are messed up .

Poor Momiji. His little sister will be going to their school soon but he'll be gone by the time she gets there, even if he wants so badly to see her. Like a more serious version of the old student council president missing Yuki, except he definitely won't miss Haru .

Yuki and Machi! Machi hunting Yuki down just to say hello and give him a flower is so sweet. Like, she was probably going to see him anyways, but she just had to see him the moment she saw him from class .

The Prince Yuki fanclub are at it again, although Kyo has a few admirers making their move as well, but I kind of wish we had gotten to see Tohru's class catching the fanclub and making them pay .

Kyo scrambling to make it up to Tohru because he thinks he upset her was so adorable, and that flower so romantic. I absolutely squeeed. And then there's the parallels with Shigure and Akito

Poor Shigure's editor. When he's not messing with her or driving her insane through his antics and terrible work ethic, he's making fun of her relationship with Ritsu .

Oh hey, Shigure's parents. His mom has like the exact same hairstyle...

Shigure loves Akito. That has never changed, and never will. He believes in spoiling her as much as he believes in tough love, and despite what he did forcing her to kick him out he's felt agony being separated from her while Kureno has been by her side feeding her pathological need for companionship through a lie. At least they got to spend the night together as lovers instead of apart as adversaries, I guess .

Tohru is looking for Rin. I'm worried .
Old 2021-04-12, 18:45   Link #27
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not really liking the whole Shigure slept with Akito's mother to get back at Akito because she slept with Kureno. Feels like it came straight out of some soap opera. I'm starting to dislike Shigure, he's even more twisted than I thought he was. I say he and Akito deserve each other. I hope they'll end up together just so no one else has to.

I just realized the blond dude in the OP is Momiji. I guess there's going to be a huge timeskip at some point. Kisa and Hiro look older too, though not as much as him.
Old 2021-04-12, 19:19   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
I'm not really liking the whole Shigure slept with Akito's mother to get back at Akito because she slept with Kureno. Feels like it came straight out of some soap opera. I'm starting to dislike Shigure, he's even more twisted than I thought he was. I say he and Akito deserve each other. I hope they'll end up together just so no one else has to.
These Sohma's and their drama .
Old 2021-04-12, 20:04   Link #29
Wandering Soul

I never felt too strongly about Shigure before, but now I'm honestly starting to dislike him. Tohru's teacher dodged a bullet breaking up with him.
Old 2021-04-12, 20:43   Link #30
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Dont really know what Shigure game is but he seems to playing a dangerous game

Those girls know some ninja moves
Old 2021-04-12, 23:47   Link #31
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:

I just realized the blond dude in the OP is Momiji. I guess there's going to be a huge timeskip at some point. Kisa and Hiro look older too, though not as much as him.
Humans are a lot more messy then we like to believe we are. I don't think soap opera's even scratch the surface of what real people have done to hurt each other when they're emotions flare up.
Old 2021-04-13, 20:41   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I missed the last episode of season 2 and episode 1 of season 3, but was there an explanation as to why Kureno is no longer cursed? If not those two episodes, I might just be forgetting.

Quote:

I think that was one reason I stopped reading the manga. Not specifically this event, but there was so much drama everywhere.

Old 2021-04-13, 21:37   Link #33
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I missed the last episode of season 2 and episode 1 of season 3, but was there an explanation as to why Kureno is no longer cursed? If not those two episodes, I might just be forgetting.
Kureno told Tohru that no one knows why or how his curse was broken. The anime addressed the issue by not providing an answer.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 08:37   Link #34
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I never liked Shigure, and this episode just confirms my feelings about him. Akito is such a broken person, and Shigure just takes advantage of her because he can. Does he have real feelings for Akito? Does she have feelings for him? I'd say let them have each other so than Kureno can end up with Uo-chan.

I went back and re-watched season two. I noticed one thing that I missed the first time around. Yuki referred to Akito with a female pronoun in, I believe, episode three.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-04-14, 21:15   Link #35
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Kureno told Tohru that no one knows why or how his curse was broken. The anime addressed the issue by not providing an answer.
Oh okay. So no specific answer for how to break the curse has been revealed yet.

Old 2021-04-17, 19:23   Link #36
Alchemist007
*Author

There's plenty of examples but s3e02 is a great example of how strange this show became. Happy fun school time in the first half, revenge sex in the second.
Old 2021-04-19, 13:15   Link #37
Frontier

Man, Kakeru and Machi's families are as messed up as the Soma's. Forcing their kids to be utterly perfect to outdo the others' mother and then tossing Machi aside when she did everything her mom asked her to...and then Machi tries to take care of her little brother and gets accused of trying to kill him and basically banished to a lonely apartment. She probably hasn't seen her brother in years. Is it any wonder Machi is so emotionally volatile ?

But Yuki is there to accept Machi as she is, not as some idealized person (which Yuki has had the same with) but as who she is, someone who has worked so hard and deserved recognition for it. And she may not be perfect, but Yuki is willing to walk alongside her as someone who is just as imperfect .

Kakeru really knows how to kill or liven up a moment, whether it be his phone interrupting Yuki and Machi or handing Yuki Machis bra. Pink, huh ?

Well, Kimi sure knows what she wants from a guy. Not a doomed romance but a good bank account .

Nao is self-conscious about a lot, but it turns out the reason he's so self-conscious with Yuki is because he had feelings for Motoko who has basically been obsessed with Yuki. But at least he got to send her off warmly and let her know how much he admired her, even if he didn't outright confess .

Speaking of Motoko, on the eve of graduation she finally gets to tell Yuki how happy he made her, and how much she loved him. She doesn't expect her feelings to be returned, but now she can selflessly wish for Yuki's own happiness and that he find that special someone (even if he already has). Motoko has come a long way, and I'm glad she was able to get this moment with Yuki before she graduated .

Hiro finally meets his little sister! And she looks adorable .

The mystery of what happened to Rin deepens as the official story is she's in the hospital, she even graduated in absence, but no one has actually seen her. And then we flash to Akito near a shed with some knives and hair falling away. Now I'm even more worried .
Old 2021-04-19, 18:49   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Good thing there was a scene with Hiro's mom to remind us there are good parents in this series. Well, only a handful (barely).

Machi's parents are complete psychos. What kind of twisted minds would misunderstand what she did as a murder attempt?
Old 2021-04-19, 19:04   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Good thing there was a scene with Hiro's mom to remind us there are good parents in this series. Well, only a handful (barely).
Hiro's mom...Kyoko...Hanajima's parents...Kagura's mom seems decent. I mean, Kazuma as far as "real" parents are concerned.

Uotani's mom abandoned her but her dad seems okay, even if he drinks a lot.
Quote:
Machi's parents are complete psychos. What kind of twisted minds would misunderstand what she did as a murder attempt?
She didn't even have the covers over his face .
Old 2021-04-19, 19:35   Link #40
Wandering Soul

Machi's parents insane. How do you confuse her putting a blanket on her brother as her trying to kill him? The best explanation is that they were just looking for an excuse to get rid of her and jumped on the first thing they saw

I don't really care about Yuki's fangirls, but her scenes were still sweet.

Tags
fruits basket