AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 1 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 28.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 14.29%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-07-29, 05:30   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I find it odd that Nagito would not recognize Izuru/Hajime. The most blah blah blah event in human history is so indescribable large in scale that it would at least require a coordinated efforts by the Remnants.

I always assumed their conversation on the boat to the island was mostly due to them not being on actual good terms.
Old 2016-07-29, 06:46   Link #22
ninjastarforcex
Read My Sig :)

izuru existence is top secret, and he probably have some stealth talent or something
Old 2016-07-29, 12:12   Link #23
com_gwp

Is this going to be a trend where every week, Future and Despair take turns to have a really good episode?

Loved it; this was possibly the best episode of the show so far (which, notingly, invoked very little of the Hope and Despair themes). A combination of great fan service and reverse storytelling, to tell a very pivotal moment in the characters' history, and expand the implications (Especially for Hajime) of what is to come later on.

Also, clever touch to use the twilight syndrome music to introduce Natsumi. This anime does some occasionally great stuff with its OST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not going to argue with people choice regarding the games or whatnot, but this is quite false. Prequel don't work this way and despair arc is no exception: despair arc is the actual spoiler considering its narrative (explaining right from the get go who are the remnants of despair and what they were doing).
This I can agree with. I don't want to stoke the fires either, but prequels are very often written to an openly known, fixed conclusion. As such, they are written as more of a narrative and thematic expansion of their original base works, than something to watch in chronological order. Fate fans won't tell you to watch Fate/Zero without experiencing the original story in some way; this isn't very much different. (And I'd argue, this has more of a basis, since it involves the very same characters, and is a companion piece to the actual sequel of the story.)

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-07-29 at 12:31.
Old 2016-07-29, 22:10   Link #24
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Not going to argue with people choice regarding the games or whatnot, but this is quite false. Prequel don't work this way and despair arc is no exception: despair arc is the actual spoiler considering its narrative (explaining right from the get go who are the remnants of despair and what they were doing).

Playing DR2 doesn't even spoil despair arc until VERY lately considering you have to reach the explanations regarding class 77, which happen at... the very last part of the game. Meanwhile, despair arc completely let the cat out of the bag within the very first ep.

Prequels are mostly spoiler to the original source material they are tied to, very rarely the other way around.Actualy, Fuyuhiko figured it out when he found Mahiru's picture.
Technically it still treated as prequel because Zetsubou-hen take setting in their school days, the days before Tragedy event and DR1 and DR2.
there actually big spoiler for Zetsubou-hen from DR2 at early game such as the twilight syndrome game, it contained the major spoiler for episode 3.

Quote:
Unless Nagito doesn't recognize Izuru in his despair mode or Kodaka decided to retcon the next point, he won't be transferred to class 77 as Nagito met Izuru the first time on the boat which was headed to Jabberwock island.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I find it odd that Nagito would not recognize Izuru/Hajime. The most blah blah blah event in human history is so indescribable large in scale that it would at least require a coordinated efforts by the Remnants.

I always assumed their conversation on the boat to the island was mostly due to them not being on actual good terms.
I really curious with it but i think Izuru will make contact with Chiaki since Chiaki is class rep and we all know the fates of class rep from DR0 story.
Old 2016-07-30, 19:40   Link #25
Renchan

Wasn't Izuru's existence before the tragedy top secret? Nobody beside the top brass and few people (who are related to the experiments) are privy to his existence. If anyone to know Izuru pre-tragedy it's most likely Mikan, considering her talent.
Old 2016-07-31, 00:48   Link #26
Calca
Expressionless

Spoiler for What happens to Izuru:

Also, those who haven't played DR2, you can easily watch a playthrough on youtube and skip through a lot of the filler parts to shorten the time (like the bonding parts, though you get character backstory during them). It will take a large time commitment, but you'll get the whole story and how this murder occured and resolved along with many other plot points.
Old 2016-07-31, 04:12   Link #27
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Spoiler for What happens to Izuru:

Also, those who haven't played DR2, you can easily watch a playthrough on youtube and skip through a lot of the filler parts to shorten the time (like the bonding parts, though you get character backstory during them). It will take a large time commitment, but you'll get the whole story and how this murder occured and resolved along with many other plot points.
You know imho its better to watch the anime and play yourself later - the youtubers are sometimes so silly with comments/wrong decisions that it hurts.
One really had trouble figuring out that Celes was the culprit once, despite it having been very obvious right from the get go.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-07-31, 04:13   Link #28
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renchan View Post
Wasn't Izuru's existence before the tragedy top secret? Nobody beside the top brass and few people (who are related to the experiments) are privy to his existence. If anyone to know Izuru pre-tragedy it's most likely Mikan, considering her talent.
I thought what was secret was his true nature. I assumed he attended classes regularly under cover of being a new, different student, possibly with a made up talent. Maybe I missed something in DR2? Or is this explored better in DR Zero?

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-07-31, 05:20   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well either way I do not think he was part of their class.
Old 2016-07-31, 05:27   Link #30
Calca
Expressionless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
You know imho its better to watch the anime and play yourself later - the youtubers are sometimes so silly with comments/wrong decisions that it hurts.
One really had trouble figuring out that Celes was the culprit once, despite it having been very obvious right from the get go.
You don't want to watch a "Let's Play" then, you want to watch a longplay which has no commentary. Usually those are edited down or the player knows what they're doing.
Old 2016-07-31, 22:30   Link #31
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
I thought what was secret was his true nature. I assumed he attended classes regularly under cover of being a new, different student, possibly with a made up talent. Maybe I missed something in DR2? Or is this explored better in DR Zero?
Spoiler for DR0 stuff:

Last edited by Renchan; 2016-08-01 at 05:14.
Old 2016-08-04, 00:07   Link #32
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Feels like that certain game in DR2....

I'm worried about Nanami.........
Old 2016-10-20, 22:48   Link #33
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hi, since Halloween is approaching I'm rewatching select shows to darken up the mood.

Right now, I'm rewatching the whole of DR3 both Future and Despair chapters and taking my time with providing reviews for all episodes that I could not the first time around.

This episode brought a temporal stop to the blooming, happy days at Hope's Peak School delving on the darkness that infects the whole campus from beneath.

Hinata comes to a tough decision at the end when everything gets concealed regarding Nanami's death.

Nanami may have been agressive, rude, and violent, but as Hinata found out by closely interacting with her she was trapped at her own inability to see her worth beyond talent. She just tried to keep her best at struggling not wanting to get left behind from her onii-chan; left alone Nanami I guess could take care of herself.

The real concern to me was Sato and her unhealthy obsession to cling at Mahiru for the latter's sake. That girl was like a can of soda, buckling up under too much stress at trailing her best friend from the shadows.
You agitate with too much force the can, and when opening the soda splahes at your face like geyser.

Spoiler:
Old 2016-10-21, 02:30   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You may have gotten Nanami confused with Kuzuryu's sister.
Old 2019-02-24, 10:49   Link #35
FFTHEWINNER

-intriguing how the theme of "contractory motivations" was prevalent in the episode,and how each motivation was valid in its own way. i liked that. i also liked how they humanized the little sister.

-that being said,the murder felt extremely rushed. the whole thing from beginning to end took less than half an episode and someone murdering another after what we saw and heard makes no sense. they should have introduced her at the end of the first episode and developed the confrontations throughout multiple episodes,a little each time. that was a big wasted opportunity.

-also,i am not sure why they retconned the confrontation. in the original story she was shown the picture and admitted. here she wasnt and she continued to vehemently claim it wasnt her,thus confusing everything. why was this changed??!! it worked perfectly the way it was. and we didnt even get to confirm whether it was peko or fuyuhiko who killed her.

-also,how come Hajime did a 180? when fighting the boxer he kept saying talent isnt everything,then he decided that he is desperate for talent. now i get that it could be that he lost and felt himself weak,but such things should have been clearly conveyed. all we needed was one minute of him thinking to himself after that to clearly clarify everything,instead we get something that looks like a 180

overall,this episode felt like a big wasted opportunity. it could have been far more than it was
Closed Thread