AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-02-17, 03:37   Link #81
LeftSeven
2D artist

the only way for senku to end this war early is to create some bio-weapon hahaha
Old 2018-02-17, 10:40   Link #82
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Tsukasa probably just went for young and strong. Not to mention his definition of "innocent" might just mean simple-minded. I wonder how long Gen can maintain his cover, Hyouga (was this the first time we've seen him?) seems sharper and will probably be the sub-boss. Not to mention how Taiju and Yuzuriha are doing.

Kinro will probably need glasses soon and I just hope Magma doesn't sell them out. Senku's got his "kingdom" of science just in time, now he's got to defend it. He's got some strong fighters on his side but it won't just come down to a contest of strength. Too bad no time for him to stock up on more gunpowder.
Yeah, seeing that it was quite hard for this one though. Senku need to create technology to overcome Tsukasa's domination and i don't think that Tsukasa's Empire can stand for long enough especially if you know that Pneumonia strikes them and Senku is the only person that can produce the antibiotic for them. Doing heist is not going to be easy especially if they don't know how to make one or the resources came from.

Magma will definitely learn from direct encounter with Tsukasa's Lieutenant (Hyouga) that there is stronger opponent than him and i'm sure that he will eventually ask Senku for help. Besides, we got Kohaku as the ace fighter aside of Magma.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 11:46   Link #83
dragon1412

does no one here thinks that the speed of technological progression is way too fast ???
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-17, 13:04   Link #84
Tenzen12

No, not really.

Anyway it's funny that Tsukasa's people call villagers "cavemen", given both groups are probably world's apart when it come to technology.
Old 2018-02-17, 17:55   Link #85
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
does no one here thinks that the speed of technological progression is way too fast ???
Nah, after all Senkuu knows the way around humankind's inventions. He has no need to invent everything from A to B then to C and then to D and so on, if he got the right stuff around him he can jump to X or Y or Z and do the rest later. Right now gunpowder and guns are important though I have a feeling that a repetier-crossbow might be an better option. The one gun-shot only made the attackers scared because they still carry their modern image of what a "gun" is, but the guns Senkuu can acquire right now would suck balls and not be that much of a threat to a real army.
Old 2018-02-18, 05:23   Link #86
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rye View Post
Nah, after all Senkuu knows the way around humankind's inventions. He has no need to invent everything from A to B then to C and then to D and so on, if he got the right stuff around him he can jump to X or Y or Z and do the rest later. Right now gunpowder and guns are important though I have a feeling that a repetier-crossbow might be an better option. The one gun-shot only made the attackers scared because they still carry their modern image of what a "gun" is, but the guns Senkuu can acquire right now would suck balls and not be that much of a threat to a real army.
It's true but then again Senku can used it to create a modern medieval weapon known as cannon. Using rocks or maybe round projectile as a weapon, it can be deadly with gunpowders.

Besides, we haven't heard of Yuzuriha and Clumsy Oaf (Taiju) and i hope they can made it back to Senku since they promise that they will meet Senku in months which i assume less than a year.
Old 2018-02-23, 02:22   Link #87
u2L2rQ

Spoiler for so cool:
u2L2rQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 02:35   Link #88
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2L2rQ View Post
Spoiler for so cool:
The Jedi / Samurai of Ishigami Village was born

Oh man, this is hilarious but the old man is quite embarrasing to make himself naked everytime got excited about craftmanship.
Old 2018-02-23, 04:55   Link #89
Random14

That was fast, nice to see Kinro finally get glasses. That's probably enough to hold off the initial attack but they also don't want to invite too much of Tsukasa's attention yet either. Given enough time Senku can probably set up some industry but I expect at least half of this battle will be psychological as well (between Senku, Gin and Hyouga).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 06:05   Link #90
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Glorious Nipon Steel!
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 06:36   Link #91
LeftSeven
2D artist

damn this chapter feel rushed, how could they made katana so fast lol, it required a month for perfection
Old 2018-02-23, 07:06   Link #92
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftSeven View Post
damn this chapter feel rushed, how could they made katana so fast lol, it required a month for perfection
Senkuu said that the katana the village made was a bit clumsy but we got the old man that was superior at craftmanship. I'm sure that if the old man perfect it, the katana will become more better than the first one.

That old man craftsman sure is a great asset for Senku since he made a vial tube and everything related to craftmanship very precise.
Old 2018-02-23, 09:51   Link #93
LG-MAX 2.o

the problem is not to do a katana in a few days, but among the known swords, the katana is one that needs of technique to be used properly, if not it can break without difficulty or not have its cutting power used to full potential.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 10:11   Link #94
LeftSeven
2D artist

yeah katana is breakable because of japan's histories of bad metal, unless author explain about adding some good material, but if he do so, doesn't that mean the land where they live is naturally rich of source, it take some time to find one tho.

beside in previous one, they explained that spear is better than sword, especially in long range attack, production cost is efficiently better too, why it has to be sword so suddenly anyway? gosh
Old 2018-02-23, 10:51   Link #95
James Rye

The Katana is just there for the wow and cool effect. What I wonder if how they were able to make so many katanas in just three days. Did they had so many resources in that little science hut? Honestly though, spears and shields as well as some military tactic employing those assets would have been more helpful against this muscle-over-brain-head-on-approach-gang. Or some crossbows with simple hebel mechanics to pull back the string to fire faster.

Still wow and cool when they showed up with the katanas. XD
Old 2018-02-23, 15:14   Link #96
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Glorious Nipon Steel!
Who needs firearms when you have the most powerful weapon in Japanese history, at least according to anime it is.
Old 2018-03-02, 11:15   Link #97
LKK

Series has been licensed by Viz. (Source) All rules for licensed material are now in effect.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous

Last edited by LKK; 2018-03-02 at 11:19. Reason: added source link
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 15:11   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

"Best swords in the world". Suuuuuuure. (Well, maybe in that post apocalyptic world.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-02, 16:24   Link #99
Tenzen12

When it come to cutting ability and speed, katanas are indeed better then western blades. They are also better in maintaining sharpnesses as well. Depending on applied criteria, saying that Japanese swords are best is not wrong.
Old 2018-03-02, 18:13   Link #100
James Rye

Also those are probably the only swords in the entire world, alone by that criteria it is not wrong to say they are the best as they got zero competition right now.