AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 6.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 31.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-04-25, 01:42   Link #21
Chosen_Hero

Fitoria: "I know that the entire country, it's royalty, army, church and people hate you and want to kill you and I know that they screwed you over but still, go and talk things out with them and make up for the good of the world."

Naofumi: "If you know that then you should understand why I can't do that so easily, they are the ones with the problem not me."

Fitoria: "Oh, so you won't do as I say?"

Naofumi: "No."

Fitoria: "Fine then I will just kill you all."

Yeah, her logic make no sense at all. This is like asking the victim of a crime to go and ask the ones responsible to let bygone be bygones as if nothing ever happened and to just work together for the good of society when they are still out to murder them.
Old 2019-04-25, 02:39   Link #22
Lex79

I suppose that the thought of trying herself to convince the heroes (should be easier for her than for Naofumi) never crossed her mind. Or she simply finds quicker to simply kill them all.
Or maybe the real reason is that she doesn't want to meet Spear her since he is such a lolicon.
Old 2019-04-25, 03:26   Link #23
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Also, to frodonk's statement that we don't know if the queen is outside the country or not, if she's still where she'd been shown before then I'd say it's safe to assume. It'd kind of hard to believe that much of a country would remain in a medieval level of development while one or two cities have made it past the Industrial Revolution.
I really really hope that they have a very good reason as to why they haven't revealed where the queen is now. We know melty was with the queen before and she hasn't talked about that even though it's been a few episodes since she joined the party.
Old 2019-04-25, 05:45   Link #24
Twi

Him being a victim doesn't matter to her, at least not over the good of the world. If the four heroes can't get along then kill them all regardless and replace them. It's very to the point, disregarding the feelings. Naofumi is simply the hero she found first, but once she kills one then she'll have to kill the rest since they need a full set of four. It's a good of the world over good of an individual sort of thing, ironically the same logic the king gave when he said they couldn't execute Naofumi for his alleged rape or even arrest him because he was a hero.
Old 2019-04-25, 08:11   Link #25
Galaxian

Given the Fitoria has been guarding the ruins of a country for centuries just because her hero told her to do so, you can see how important duty is to her and, the way she sees it, it is the heroes duty to work together to stop the waves, and they are failing at it.
Old 2019-04-25, 11:55   Link #26
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The more I watch the new opening the dumber I find the other heroes. It's been 16 episodes and nobody is willing to fight alongside Naofumi. Originally, I thought Naofumi was meant to be one of those isekai guys who are the writer's pet due to all the allies he got (and almost harem) but the plot is taking a darker tone and the guy is far more mature than in the first episodes. I hope there will be a nice resolution in the next episodes.
Old 2019-04-25, 12:05   Link #27
The Green One

The thing is each of the other three Heroes think that THEY are the Isekai Protagonist in this story.
Old 2019-04-25, 13:30   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Indeed. I'm pretty sure in each of their minds all the others are sidekicks at best if not actual rivals to compete against.
Old 2019-04-25, 14:36   Link #29
Twi

Ren might be willing based off his actions, but not until after the mess with Myne is handled. Naofumi at least thinks he's competent enough to look into the Church before he split off with Melty.
Old 2019-04-25, 14:39   Link #30
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I really really hope that they have a very good reason as to why they haven't revealed where the queen is now. We know melty was with the queen before and she hasn't talked about that even though it's been a few episodes since she joined the party.
I feel like they kind of allude to it this episode. Each country is supposed to summon a hero, who work together to fight the waves around the world. This one country proceeded to not only summon all the heroes, but then didn't inform them that there even WERE other waves. So these other countries are having to deal with waves without heroes.

Thus I imagine she's likely doing political damage control.
Old 2019-04-25, 17:49   Link #31
Arya

mmm, I dont see much room for any political damage control. If some other country had the Queen, considering what is at stake, I'd expect some retaliation to force the king sharing the heroes.
In any case in episode 13 the spy popped in the forest asking for a meeting with the Queen. Looking at the map Naofumi said she was in the opposite direction of the country they were headed to. He also asked to melty if she knew this country, so she do is in another country apparently. But, Melty and the spy came from that country. Especially the spy seems to go back and forth from there. Asking for a meeting also doesn't match very well with the strict control the king imposed over all the boundaries. So I'm a bit confused. Probably the country is a little one that is an ally or a conquered one where she has been confined. If we consider the damaged state of the castle we saw the Queen in, I'm leaning toward the latter. A minor conquered country the king doesn't bother to defend (odd choice considering that would mean not protect his wife and the mother of his daughters).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-04-25, 17:57   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I feel like they kind of allude to it this episode. Each country is supposed to summon a hero, who work together to fight the waves around the world. This one country proceeded to not only summon all the heroes, but then didn't inform them that there even WERE other waves. So these other countries are having to deal with waves without heroes.

Thus I imagine she's likely doing political damage control.
Going back to her country and correcting her husband's actions seems like it would be far more effective than doing political damage control. And if the country she is in is holding her (unlikely given Melty was free to go as she pleased), they would try to use her to bargain with the King of Melromarc or to retaliate as Arya said.

I don't know what the explanation will be but it better be a good one. Feels like everything would be solved if she just moved her ass.
Old 2019-04-25, 20:46   Link #33
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Fitoria: "I know that the entire country, it's royalty, army, church and people hate you and want to kill you and I know that they screwed you over but still, go and talk things out with them and make up for the good of the world."

Naofumi: "If you know that then you should understand why I can't do that so easily, they are the ones with the problem not me."

Fitoria: "Oh, so you won't do as I say?"

Naofumi: "No."

Fitoria: "Fine then I will just kill you all."

Yeah, her logic make no sense at all. This is like asking the victim of a crime to go and ask the ones responsible to let bygone be bygones as if nothing ever happened and to just work together for the good of society when they are still out to murder them.
Millions of lives are at stake. She cannot afford it. She has fought the waves for centuries. She knows that each wave will get stronger and stronger until finally she wont be able to kill it.

And most probably she already hit her level cap. She cannot improve further. But the 4 heroes are suppose to keep leveling and eventually surpass her and handle the higher leveled waves. If she dont cut her losses now, the new batch of heroes will not have enough time to level and the world is gg.
Old 2019-04-26, 00:03   Link #34
Frontier

The animation and action in this episode was surprisingly well on-point, fluid, and dynamic. Sasuga animators .

Fitoria vs. that T-Rex monster was totally a Kaiju fight, right? I mean, we even had a scaly lizard monster breathing fire .

Fitoria is a pretty interesting and cool addition to the cast. It's neat to see a fully-fledged Fillolial Queen in action and her perspective and insight into the history of the Heroes and the world was also insightful. And if you need a character to sound both wise and undeniably cute at the same time, who else could you cast but Sakura Ange? How fitting for her to have angel wings on-top of that .

I love how Fitoria greets everybody but just gives Filo a slight nod. Queen's don't need to acknowledge small fry beyond a nod .

It would probably be too much of a coincidence for the Hero who hatched Fitoria to have been the original Shield Hero, right? Granted, considering the affinity she had for Naofumi I kind of got the sense that that was the case, and it would be kind of ironic if Naofumi is so against working with the other Heroes when it was one of his predecessors that instilled in Fitoria how important it is for the Heroes to work together .

It was interesting getting some insight into what things were like in the past generations. It really sounds like, despite the animosity some kingdoms had towards the Shield Hero, the Heroes were able to work together and fend off the Waves more effectively then the current four have. I know Naofumi doesn't want to have to work together with the three other jerks he's Heroes with, and he has every reason not to, but it also can't be denied that the Heroes working together would probably be more effective then Naofumi and his team carrying the entire load .

I guess if we needed any more evidence of how bad the current set of Heroes are at their job (even though Naofumi busts his butt as much as he is humanly capable of), it's that they're not even where they're supposed to be after being summoned. So now a bunch of other kingdoms that should have had their own Heroes have been left to fend for themselves or rely on Fitoria to protect them. Great job guys .

I imagine Melromarc was probably attempting a power play, but considering how much of a backbone the king has I'm betting Myne was behind everything. And maybe the church is involved? Maybe that's why the church uses the symbols of Sword, Spear, and Bow ?

Ren finally doing some investigating, and he even managed to rope Itsuki into it. "I can't believe Naofumi was right" dude, what hasn't Naofumi been right about (aside from Melty being untrustworthy) !?

I honestly didn't get the sense that Fitoria was going to genuinely try and kill the Heroes but become a threat dangerous enough for them to have to finally work together to defeat, but I guess since she just has Naofumi there and doesn't know where the other Heroes are she might just settle for killing them all to try and restart the process to get a better batch of Heroes .
Old 2019-04-26, 10:21   Link #35
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Going back to her country and correcting her husband's actions seems like it would be far more effective than doing political damage control. And if the country she is in is holding her (unlikely given Melty was free to go as she pleased), they would try to use her to bargain with the King of Melromarc or to retaliate as Arya said.

I don't know what the explanation will be but it better be a good one. Feels like everything would be solved if she just moved her ass.
Not so sure going back would do much good. The act has been done, and by the time the queen got back, set things in order and began figuring out how to fix things the other countries would probably be on the march. At least one would probably decide on war. I mean, Melromarc essentially robbed them of a needed defensive weapon and guaranteed they'd suffer massive damage and casualties over and over again. They may not have sent any soldiers against the countries, but this could easily be seen as an actual attack.
Old 2019-04-26, 14:44   Link #36
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Not so sure going back would do much good. The act has been done, and by the time the queen got back, set things in order and began figuring out how to fix things the other countries would probably be on the march. At least one would probably decide on war. I mean, Melromarc essentially robbed them of a needed defensive weapon and guaranteed they'd suffer massive damage and casualties over and over again. They may not have sent any soldiers against the countries, but this could easily be seen as an actual attack.
Yes, but Melty was able to get home rather quickly and the Queen could have already had the Heroes heading to their assigned countries to prepare for next wave instead of running around like chickens with their heads cut off. So if the Queen could talk them out of attacking as soon as the Hero stealing happened,which would have been best for the other countries, it seems like she could have talked them into letting her do something to actually make things right.

Of course the real "meta" reason is the same as why Naofumi never asks any of the important questions or walks away or has something else happen when someone starts to give out info. Everything in the world is designed to shit on Naofumi regardless of whether it makes sense or not, to make the worm turning event bigger. I think that is probably the biggest weakness with the story and it infects almost everything in it.
Old 2019-04-26, 17:29   Link #37
AC-Phoenix
Detective

You know... everytime you see her from above in her Filoteral form, Filo looks actually really sleek, but the moment they show her from Malty's and Spear Jerk's assessment looks kinda right lol.

Filo pouting after being told that she'd be abandoned should she grow that big was a nice touch too.
Also wait did they eat the T-Rex...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-04-27, 07:35   Link #38
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Melromarc did really fuck this up. Summoning all four heroes instead of 1 hero per country. I wonder how the other countries are doing without any heroes helping them.
Old 2019-04-27, 13:14   Link #39
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Melromarc did really fuck this up. Summoning all four heroes instead of 1 hero per country. I wonder how the other countries are doing without any heroes helping them.
Well, it looks like Fitoria has been going around protecting them during the Waves, and considering how powerful she is they're probably in better shape then they would be without any kind of defense...

I actually wonder now if the Opening showing the Heroes in different areas and having battles over sea is indicating that they'll all eventually have to go to the different countries to abide by the normal rules and keep the peace? I guess at least one of them will stick to Melromarc (probably Motoyasu).
Old 2019-04-27, 15:11   Link #40
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, it looks like Fitoria has been going around protecting them during the Waves, and considering how powerful she is they're probably in better shape then they would be without any kind of defense...

I actually wonder now if the Opening showing the Heroes in different areas and having battles over sea is indicating that they'll all eventually have to go to the different countries to abide by the normal rules and keep the peace? I guess at least one of them will stick to Melromarc (probably Motoyasu).
Even if they didn't go , the other countries still can't go to war with Melmorac at all, as Fitoria and her KFC farm can't be everywhere at the same time. Plus, she also said that she is going when asked to, indicating that she isn't always there for every single wave there is. Also she needs to rest too.

As sad as it is, the other countries can't do a thing, so peace isn't an issue. If they went to war, both Melmorac and them would loose troops, with Melmorac almost certainly winning due to having at least two heroes on their side.

Even if all of them would team up, there is a pretty good chance that Melmorac has superior troop strength, since having all four heroes likely made sure that they only lost a negligible amount of troops compared to the other countries.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Closed Thread