AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2019-09-16, 09:42   Link #21
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^.....Obviously
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 10:20   Link #22
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^.....Obviously
He might’ve just seduced her and pimped her out. Yin yang cultivation only existed in the third loop when he created a special gu to aid cultivation.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 14:11   Link #23
0cean
Transfer Adventurer
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
He can't act out of line too much, yet. He still has an inheritance to inherit. It's already weird that killing random peasants is just fine with pretty much everyone.
__________________
0cean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 14:26   Link #24
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0cean View Post
He can't act out of line too much, yet. He still has an inheritance to inherit. It's already weird that killing random peasants is just fine with pretty much everyone.
Mortals. Also known as slaves.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-16, 20:34   Link #25
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
He could've fucked (or saved) that maid, but didn't for no apparent reason
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 14:27   Link #26
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
He could've fucked (or saved) that maid, but didn't for no apparent reason
What maid?
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 21:20   Link #27
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^The maid slave from his family
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 21:27   Link #28
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
^The maid slave from his family
Ah, the Cui girl. Her attempt to seduce him was a scheme by his aunt and uncle so they could frame him for rape and exile him, taking away his claim to his parent’s inheritance. This was explained. I don’t know what opportunity he had to save her you’re referring to.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 21:40   Link #29
wuhugm
Confused Shark
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Atlantis
^He can bang her before the ascension test then dump her to the brother after
Or He can save and make her a heroine by revealing some of his secrets, promising future glory

He already said nothing was her fault since she's a slave of the family, but still did nothing
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-17, 21:57   Link #30
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Why are you so obsessed with snusnu? He didn't like her that way and events of the first loop revealed she wasn't a nice person or an innocent victim either.
Fang Yuan is the kind of guy who won't help anyone if it doesn't benefit him, he has zero reason to do anything for the maid. If anything she's lucky he didn't feed her to a bear...
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 14:52   Link #31
xzpwnz
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 大切な場所
Ah, Daoist Gu
This was one of my favorite Chinese novels when I read the raws years back because it had an interesting villain protagonist and a lot of intrigue
I've only read up to volume 4 back then (like chapter 966?) before dropping it since I felt it got repetitive
Fang Yuan just repeatedly used others' thousands of years of preparations for himself and occasionally used the spring and autumn cicada when he made a misplay
Did the novel get any better after volume 4?
Tbh the only thing I remember about this novel after all these years is that the sequence of events that led up to the ending of volume 2 was the most amazing thing I've ever read in a Chinese novel
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 15:30   Link #32
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpwnz View Post
Ah, Daoist Gu
This was one of my favorite Chinese novels when I read the raws years back because it had an interesting villain protagonist and a lot of intrigue
I've only read up to volume 4 back then (like chapter 966?) before dropping it since I felt it got repetitive
Fang Yuan just repeatedly used others' thousands of years of preparations for himself and occasionally used the spring and autumn cicada when he made a misplay
Did the novel get any better after volume 4?
Tbh the only thing I remember about this novel after all these years is that the sequence of events that led up to the ending of volume 2 was the most amazing thing I've ever read in a Chinese novel
Aww man. You dropped right before it really kicked into high gear. You should know volume 4 ended at chapter 1021 and like every other volume shit really hit the fan at the end. Things go south and the future looks grim, but when the going gets tough, the tough get going.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:37   Link #33
xzpwnz
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 大切な場所
Then I stopped at chapter 1021
I read all of volume 4 and vaguely remember dropping the novel when Fang Yuan gets a new body
I might pick it up again if there are any other epic scenes that come close to the ending of volume 2 further down in the novel
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:50   Link #34
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpwnz View Post
Then I stopped at chapter 1021
I read all of volume 4 and vaguely remember dropping the novel when Fang Yuan gets a new body
I might pick it up again if there are any other epic scenes that come close to the ending of volume 2 further down in the novel
Then you should read volume 5. It's the longest one but the fight against Heavenly Court is amazing.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:56   Link #35
xzpwnz
(‿)
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: 大切な場所
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Then you should read volume 5. It's the longest one but the fight against Heavenly Court is amazing.
Is the entire fight written?
Since the novel got taken down from qidian after China's novel apocalypse, I don't want to read a thousand chapters and get left with an unfinished battle arc
xzpwnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-09-21, 16:59   Link #36
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by xzpwnz View Post
Is the entire fight written?
Since the novel got taken down from qidian after China's novel apocalypse, I don't want to read a thousand chapters and get left with an unfinished battle arc
Yep. The take down happened in volume 6, which was planned to be the last one.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 14:05   Link #37
AnimeFangirl
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: The dog gossips too much.
Reverse Flow River Protection Seal! This Northern Plains rescue arc was long and draggy but MAN was the pay off SWEEEET!
__________________
AnimeFangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 14:21   Link #38
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
My personal interpretation if the poem:

I used to scream, but gradually I stopped making a sound.
I used to cry, but gradually I no longer shed tears.
I used to grieve, but gradually I could accept it all.
I used to feel joy, but gradually I felt bored of the world.
And today!
I am but left with a face without emotion, my gaze like stone, my heart unyielding.
This is me, a small person, Fang Yuan’s- perseverence!
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 14:27   Link #39
dragon1412
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: somewhere in Asia
SO the translation still didn't reach the grand war with the Heaven court huh, it was the most epic fight in this entire novel up there
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 14:30   Link #40
bakato
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
SO the translation still didn't reach the grand war with the Heaven court huh, it was the most epic fight in this entire novel up there
Of course not. Still another year until we get those.
__________________
Jcafe is up!
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.