Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-12-14, 18:34   Link #9721
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Will it be a serialisation or just promotional material?
I'm not entirely sure, but it should be a serialization. We'll probably have more details on the 16th, when it will get officially announced.
Old 2017-12-15, 01:15   Link #9722
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yabuki's new work has been revealed. It's a manga adaptation of the upcoming Darling in the Franxx anime by Trigger/A1. It's mecha.
I am not sure must excite, manga adaptation story is tend not fruitful for discussion because we know the whole part story already from main source.
I wish he do original work of his own

Also just see this post of yours from last page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I actually received the final volume two days ago. Hasemi was all for making a sequel, but Yabuki was far more reluctant. In fact, he was the one who decided to end Darkness because he had already drawn the stories he wanted to draw, and because he thought the series was getting more and more risqué which made fans' expectations rise even more, and he didn't want it to turn into something indecent. Kinda seemed like he was caught in a spiral he wanted out of.

So yeah, I don't think he's ready to make another TLR series, at least not before trying something else first. The Magical Girl Mikan spin-off he talked about would be great.
That news for me, so this confirmed it is Hasemi the true pervert, Yabuki is pseudo pervert influenced by Hasemi clutches.
In the end, this is good news, we will not see TLR in near time and hopefully Yabuki will involve more in manga with "plot" not pl0t.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-15, 11:07   Link #9723
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
That news for me, so this confirmed it is Hasemi the true pervert, Yabuki is pseudo pervert influenced by Hasemi clutches.
In the end, this is good news, we will not see TLR in near time and hopefully Yabuki will involve more in manga with "plot" not pl0t.
Nah, Yabuki is a pervert too. He was initially the one who got the idea to make Darkness and brought Hasemi on board, after all. I've read all his comments in the volumes and his interviews and he definitely likes drawing naked girls. It's just that he felt both he and the readers got used to the ecchi scenes becoming more and more risqué, and at some point he realized he should end it before it became truly indecent.

Here's a french to english translation of the relevant parts:

Quote:
"I started talking about ending Darkness in May or June 2016, around the time the series reached its ten years of serialization.

I had several reasons, the first one being that it happens I had initially planned to include a certain number of stories featuring Momo and Yami, and that at the end of this volume, I have managed to draw them all.

The other reason is that the sexy aspect of the series just kept increasing. Obviously, both the authors and the readers got gradually used to even more raunchy scenes, and I wanted to calm things down before we breached the limits of indecency.

Furthermore, now that Darkness is a 18+ manga... err, I mean, now that it has reached 18 volumes like To love-ru, I thought it was a good number to end it on.

I'm the kind of person who works tirelessly on his manga without ever taking vacations, but despite all the love I have for my series, it wouldn't have been interesting to make Darkness last indefinitely.
What now? Well, I'm planning on perhaps starting a different series.
Even so, To love-ru remains a very familiar world for me, as if it were my real home.

I still have tons of ideas, for example, I'm thinking of a spin-off with Mikan as the main heroine, in the magical girl genre (laugh). I hope I'll be able to draw it one day.

See you soon! Thank you for your support and don't forget: To love-ru is eternal.
We'll see each other again very soon, I promise!"
I realize my initial post was misleading. It's not that he was reluctant to make a sequel, but rather than he needed a break from TLR first and that he might want to take the series in a different direction. It also depends on how you interpret his last line: was he specifically talking about TLR or just simply about him coming back?
Old 2017-12-15, 22:48   Link #9724
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

TLR Action Style with Rito destroying his conveniently female enemies' clothing as he defies the gravitation laws and falls on them.
Old 2017-12-16, 00:21   Link #9725
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

All of Rito's fall on them causing him immediately goes to ecchi scene XD
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 14:22   Link #9726
Blazor 98

I know this is late because I was reading TLR but I don't see why Haruna gets so much hate.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 14:40   Link #9727
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
I know this is late because I was reading TLR but I don't see why Haruna gets so much hate.
she is too bland in a serie with much more colorful characters

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 21:58   Link #9728
dragon1412

Quote:
from my own post before to similar question
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
it's pretty much the matter of character developments, Haruna is too complete and normal. Which is to say, she lacked growth potential, by settings, Haruna is liking Rito from the beginning of TLR, she is also the normal type and played out in TLR as one of the 2 main heroines, now the problem begin, Lala's feelings grow as the story of TLR progress, and she have a pretty interesting character, Run feelings come from purely being competitive with Lala to wanting to be with Rito on her own will, and Ren/Run problem adding on the twist, Yami is obvious, the TLRD was dedicated for her problem and growth. Both Nana and Momo has growth from the 1st time of their appearance in TLR. Yui's feeling growing a lot in TLRD. And most importantly, Rito is growing in his own way.

Point is, Haruna does have her character development but since the very start, her problem was always revolved around confessing - coward her way out - nervous - interruption -> repeat. Compare to other girls who is more aware of their feelings and react to Rito in change of their growth, Haruna fall shorts to all of them since her feelings have no need to develop from the beginning. The other girl's personality being unique on each their own hit Haruna points down even further.
1 thing I notice after reading many romcom and harem, is that girl who actually like MC or being MC's crush in the beginning is actually a very big disadvantages, since it limit the character growth of said girl, it is possible with very good story telling, but very rare.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 03:08   Link #9729
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
from my own post before to similar question

1 thing I notice after reading many romcom and harem, is that girl who actually like MC or being MC's crush in the beginning is actually a very big disadvantages, since it limit the character growth of said girl, it is possible with very good story telling, but very rare.
Hmm... I can see your point but if it's lack of development you can say the same for other characters.

Run is a prime example, for one her feeling for Rito came our of nowhere. Just because Rito and Ren accidently kissed each other than Run suddenly has feelings for him to the point of near obsession? Now granted she doesn't get much screen time compared to the other girls but fundamentally she too lack development because she's essentially the same since day one.

Yui I can somewhat agree with. She has gotten much development but like you said with Haruna, she too takes way too long to acknowledge her own feelings which is common for tsudere types and even by the end she didn't even confess to Rito.

Mea relationship with Rito is essentially the same since day one as it's more based on physical rather than emotional.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 07:14   Link #9730
dragon1412

Quote:
Hmm... I can see your point but if it's lack of development you can say the same for other characters.

Run is a prime example, for one her feeling for Rito came our of nowhere. Just because Rito and Ren accidently kissed each other than Run suddenly has feelings for him to the point of near obsession? Now granted she doesn't get much screen time compared to the other girls but fundamentally she too lack development because she's essentially the same since day one.

Yui I can somewhat agree with. She has gotten much development but like you said with Haruna, she too takes way too long to acknowledge her own feelings which is common for tsudere types and even by the end she didn't even confess to Rito.

Mea relationship with Rito is essentially the same since day one as it's more based on physical rather than emotional.
the lack of character development happened with multiple girls, but Haruna is more serious because, 1 - she is one of the 2 main girl back in TLR, and 2 - she is Rito crush, that position make her take a lot more attention than other girls, and that make thing bad since people are more judging when they read it
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 14:41   Link #9731
kagato3

Although I like Haruna she also has as much screen time as Lala, she's in nearly every chapter, but 75% of her actions are "I really like Rito" because the story quickly got to the point that the confession could not happen or it would end the series as it wasn't until the end of TLR that Rito was even remotely conflicted and even then Haruna still trumped all. Add to this some people buy into the false idea she was based on Yabuki's crazy exwife, although an interview credits her more to Hasemi, because she tried to sue him for more money.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 20:30   Link #9732
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Well, thanks to fans in Japan she back down...
Old 2017-12-18, 20:41   Link #9733
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Well, thanks to fans in Japan she back down...
I believe the case was just thrown out of court not that she backed down the divorce was also the main cause of TLR ending Yabuki not having time to do it weekly and watch his daughter and there might have been a subtle screw you to her since while she could claim some of the profits from TLR since it was made while they were married she had no such claim on TLRD
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-18, 21:57   Link #9734
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Wait, I thought she back down asking for stuff due fans rage...
Old 2017-12-20, 09:39   Link #9735
Sixth
Hu Tao

Excuse me for asking this...but who is the Haruna that you guys were speaking of? I can't remember this person at all.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 14:14   Link #9736
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Holy... Did any of you guys not see the last Bangaihen. 77.3, Rito finally penetrated Lala!

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 15:03   Link #9737
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Yeah we stopped caring about TLR yet ironically we're using it as a base to judge Franxx since Yabuki's drawing it.
Old 2018-04-26, 16:45   Link #9738
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

Wait really? I've only recently started watching anime again so I had no idea about that.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 18:22   Link #9739
ImperialFlameGod8190

honestly i'd be curious about that but meh

Im the current vice-general of the DxD Army (aka the translators army.
We support translators efforts and i do not tolerate impatience by people waiting for translations

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/6980252/ This is my fanfiction page i have 6 stories to check out if you guys are interested
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-04-26, 18:55   Link #9740
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I still care. Details?

And wasn’t there supposed to be more than one ending? I’ve only seen the open ending.

Tags
ecchi, fake harem, harem, manga, nudity, romance, sci-fi, shounen