AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-23, 07:16   Link #81
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can we talk about F2P and P2P in its own thread?
Old 2013-08-23, 14:17   Link #82
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Can we talk about F2P and P2P in its own thread?
I moved about 20 posts talking about F2P/P2P in general to this thread that's focused on that subject.
Old 2013-08-25, 11:04   Link #83
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I like what they're doing with Crowd Control. It adds a higher skill bar to using and fighting against crowd controls. I'd probably be pounding my keyboard in frustration when hit with a confuse, but I'm sure there's players out there who can effortlessly switch to inverted controls.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 16:33   Link #84
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sounds like they're moving closer and closer to an Eve-style business model. Article is another take on the announcement.

http://www.mmorpg.com/newsroom.cfm/r...unced-FAQ.html
Old 2013-08-31, 17:49   Link #85
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Someone's stick time

The folks at Massively have seen fit to put up their first-timer's impressions and a look at dungeon-delving. Among the items worthy of note in the former is apparent confirmation that not all race/class combinations might be available at launch. When asked about this, a Carbine rep replied thusly:

Quote:
While the team has created some sort of in-game reason why all of the classes aren't available to all of the races, the real reason has to do with time. Since Carbine is creating custom animations for each of the class/race combos, it's taken a lot of time to do that, so the devs have had to focus on fewer combos for now. The upside is that this might open the door to further combos in the future, although probably not for launch.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 09:50   Link #86
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Here, have a trifecta

While waiting for the launch date and/or that beta invitation, feel free to consider the following...

First, the latest DevSpeak, wherein abilities are delved into:

Second, Nexus may have a wide variety of locales, but there are times you can find yourself... elsewhere. Let's just say that agreeing to provide an expeditious solution to a troublesome problem can involve some travel.

And finally, there's a webcomic which should be amusing to some.
Old 2013-09-26, 12:22   Link #87
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Everything looks good so far. Characters, combat,graphics
Old 2013-09-26, 22:48   Link #88
SvenCalBayan

Is controller (gamepad) support coming ?

I know purists will say Keyboard & Mouse is the best... still, I want gamepad support.

TERA did it. It was and still is good.
SvenCalBayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-26, 23:14   Link #89
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'll gamepad it if it feels better, I tend to go with which makes the game funner to play.
Old 2013-10-03, 17:21   Link #90
Firefly00

No word on gamepad support, but the devs have, as they say, dropped some knowledge on the matter of skill loadouts (shades, at least to me, of The Secret World), quest progression, and leveling.
Old 2014-05-08, 03:36   Link #91
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm a little surprised there's not much discussion on this. Especially with all the hype going around.
Old 2014-05-08, 12:12   Link #92
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Oh so true. But I assume thanks to all the morons going around and constantly bashing the game being a WoW clone is to thank for that.

Even tho this game plays nothing like WoW.

But this, this got me even ore hype for it

Old 2014-05-08, 23:22   Link #93
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I played a CBT weekend and gonna try OBT. So far its pretty damn fun but.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-09, 19:15   Link #94
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Oh so true. But I assume thanks to all the morons going around and constantly bashing the game being a WoW clone is to thank for that.

Even tho this game plays nothing like WoW.
Well, of course it's a WoW Clone! It uses cartoony graphics and is played online!

Well, hopefully the beta is still going when I get my internet back again.
Old 2014-05-10, 06:10   Link #95
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Beta lasts until the 18th. So far for me some of the menu bugs from my cbt have been fixed and the game seems to run better. I'm currently trying out a Stalker tank build with the medic from my cbt for the Exiles.
Old 2014-05-10, 15:06   Link #96
Xacual

I've been messing around with it. Got to level 10, still nothing about the game is really standing out yet though. Seems pretty normal MMO fare so far.

What is even the level cap in the beta anyway?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 01:46   Link #97
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Decided today not to go ahead and play the game because... uh... 2 things:

1. I'm probably gonna get pretty addicted to this, and that's gonna be a bit of a problem since I'm in residency training right now.

2. There seems to be a bit too much to do and see. The Path system is a bit too overwhelming and the crafting seems a bit too complex.

More or less my complaint is that the game is really broad, probably too broad than I'm capable of properly playing and handling since I don't have the time to get my money's worth. As I said I'm in training and I don't have that much time to play, so I won't feel like I'll be able to get my money's worth. I'm probably looking for an MMO I can handle somewhere between casual and hardcore.
Old 2014-05-11, 05:07   Link #98
Xacual

Well I've gotten to 15 now. Messed around with the housing plot a bit, kind of annoyed that none of the furniture you put in your house is actually interactable. I mean that seems like a pretty simply thing but they're all just props that just sit there. At least the plots are somewhat interesting like being able to put harvesting areas there.

For the rest of the game though, still seems like basically a totally normal run of the mill MMO that I've seen 20 times before at this point. I'll give the game credit for being pretty bug free, but I've only seen up to the capital of the exiles which would probably be where most reports would have been hitting since it's early on and there's been a lot of betas. Even then though a few public events and quests are basically broken and apparently crafting doesn't work right now either, though some people in chat were saying that would get fixed early next week?

Also the phasing done by some of the story quests seems to screw you over if you do it before finishing the minor quests in the area. Did the story quests for the silo area which phased the area out and killed off pretty much all the minor robots and scientists except I needed those for those quests and now there are none to be found.

Going to keep going to get up to level 20 I think is where the first dungeon is? and see how that is. How it stands now though I don't see anything amazing about the game.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-11, 08:04   Link #99
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Well I've gotten to 15 now. Messed around with the housing plot a bit, kind of annoyed that none of the furniture you put in your house is actually interactable. I mean that seems like a pretty simply thing but they're all just props that just sit there. At least the plots are somewhat interesting like being able to put harvesting areas there.

For the rest of the game though, still seems like basically a totally normal run of the mill MMO that I've seen 20 times before at this point. I'll give the game credit for being pretty bug free, but I've only seen up to the capital of the exiles which would probably be where most reports would have been hitting since it's early on and there's been a lot of betas. Even then though a few public events and quests are basically broken and apparently crafting doesn't work right now either, though some people in chat were saying that would get fixed early next week?

Also the phasing done by some of the story quests seems to screw you over if you do it before finishing the minor quests in the area. Did the story quests for the silo area which phased the area out and killed off pretty much all the minor robots and scientists except I needed those for those quests and now there are none to be found.

Going to keep going to get up to level 20 I think is where the first dungeon is? and see how that is. How it stands now though I don't see anything amazing about the game.
Your comments on crafting is one of the reasons I'm leaning on the "pass" side of the fence for the game.

In MMOs I'm a very self-reliant and independent player. Not to say I'm a loner, I join guilds, but I'm the type of guy who always makes my own stuff and I only trade and AH for stuff I can't otherwise get myself. That said a game's crafting system is critical for me because I need it to be self-reliant. If the crafting system sucks then it's a big turn off for me. I play tanks and healbitches exclusively, and they're the most gear reliant class in MMOs.

Hopefully they fix it properly during beta so I can get a good feel of crafting. This will probably make or break whether I preorder or not.
Old 2014-05-11, 10:28   Link #100
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Your comments on crafting is one of the reasons I'm leaning on the "pass" side of the fence for the game.

In MMOs I'm a very self-reliant and independent player. Not to say I'm a loner, I join guilds, but I'm the type of guy who always makes my own stuff and I only trade and AH for stuff I can't otherwise get myself. That said a game's crafting system is critical for me because I need it to be self-reliant. If the crafting system sucks then it's a big turn off for me. I play tanks and healbitches exclusively, and they're the most gear reliant class in MMOs.

Hopefully they fix it properly during beta so I can get a good feel of crafting. This will probably make or break whether I preorder or not.
Hope you ain't playing ESO then. XD it's crafting is pathetic.

Tags
mmorpg