AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-01, 05:19   Link #1
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Send a message via MSN to Tjaard
Slap Up Party -Arad Senki-

This is a 26 episodes series adapted from the massively multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) Arad Senki originally developed in South Korea under the name Dungeon & Fighter.

Original webpage: http://www.sup-arad.jp/

Producers: GONZO

Genres: Adventure, Fantasy

Summary: (taken from ANN):
The anime will follow the adventures of Baron, a man living on continent of Arad in the year 981 after "the cursed light of Kazan" has fallen across the land. Thanks to the curse, one of his arms has become possessed. After finding a sword that has been possessed by the spirit Roxy, he embarks on a quest to unravel the secret of the curse and meets various people who also join his party.

Cast:
Baron: Kondou Takashi
Roxy: Watanabe Akeno
Ryunmei: Nogawa Sakura
Capensis: Suzumura Kenichi
Ixia: Tsuji Ayumi
Halsen: Iwata Mitsuo
Jeda: Kuroda Takaya
Irbek: Okiayu Ryoutarou
Hiria: Tanaka Rie
Welly/Wellie: Tsubuyaki Shiro

Trailer:
Original Trailer
Opening
Ending

Last edited by Tjaard; 2009-04-13 at 04:20.
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:58   Link #2
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

This seems to be the "forgotten" Gonzo show, for some reason or another. In any case, I'll check this out. Hopefully I won't be alone on this one.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 06:49   Link #3
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

ground floor on gonzo clausing dis
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 07:29   Link #4
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

I expect a lot from this series, previous MMORPGs series were more or less failures for me, Ragnarok (good animation and story but i hated the chara, so annoying), Maple (really a failure), but this has a good story, I like the characters and is really funny so i need to see the animation now, but i hope for a good result
Old 2009-04-02, 18:08   Link #5
blewin

sounds like a good and fun anime to watch.

But....

lol, always a "but" for fantasy work. It's hard to find fantasy animes that are done properly, with a good story, great characters and a satisfactory ending. I hope Slap Party doesn't turn out to be like World Destruction. I prefer animes with meaty substance like Scrapped Princess and Tales of the Abyss.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-02, 18:36   Link #6
holyalexander
holy alexander

on the looks on the pic.. i think its a fun and hilarious anime to watch..
holyalexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-03, 05:12   Link #7
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

Well, it has already 26 episodes so I expect more of World Destruction, which ultimately was just a preview for the game which was about to be released, and the real story of the game in its own way is also quite serious then there is to see the behavior that they give to the characters as it is also a comedy.
If you want see the story of the chara in the game, you can go in the first pages of the Ixia's Adventure on the original site, you can see some of their past, but i don't know if is the same of the anime

Last edited by Tjaard; 2009-04-03 at 07:35.
Tjaard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 04:46   Link #8
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

I haven't seen the epi because i wait the sub but I like a lot the opening song and the ending is awesome, old style game video and a really lovely song
I put them in the first post
Old 2009-04-04, 06:46   Link #9
mouhitori

First episode is pretty good, and the jokes are quite funny! Hopefully a group will pick it up. Loving the retro ending sequence, and both the op&ed songs.

Spoiler for episode 1:

Episode 1 screen shots & summary
mouhitori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 16:37   Link #10
Tjaard
Welcome to Kourindou

My first impression after the 1 epi was really good.
I like the main chara and the demon knight story is very intriguing, same for Roxy chibi version is really cute and Cabensis is really funny and i want know more of his background
Old 2009-04-04, 17:04   Link #11
blewin

haha, Cabensis is absolutely hilarious!! actually, ep 1 wouldn't have been so funny without him. I find him funnier than Roxy in Chibi form.

What's unexpected though is Baron's character. He's actually deep, calm and mature as opposed to the cheerful and "I'm a fool enjoying my life despite my arm" vibe that you get just by looking at his appearance.

so long as the plot gets somewhere without being loaded down with too much senseless comedy, I think Arad Senki'd be a good show to watch.
Old 2009-04-04, 17:35   Link #12
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
solid watch thus far, i was expecting alot more nonsense comedy but instead it seems to have at least some intentions to have a bit more serius story
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-04, 21:06   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol its a rather silly whacky affair...will be watching this

I love the ED its great!
Old 2009-04-05, 00:04   Link #14
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

This series is bad, so bad it's actually good. Not one ill follow religously, but i'll pick it up now and again just for a laugh. Better than K-On and QB at least
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 00:31   Link #15
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
I love the ED its great!
definitely seconding this. Gameboy style ED! hilarious.
Old 2009-04-05, 01:33   Link #16
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Where to start? Character designs were not of my taste, but when I've seen them in stills the actually were half-drawn. Animation was minimal and inconsistent, which is kind of hard to succeed with this non-existent detail within the same damn episode The BGM was erratically changing without any regard for the mood of the scene. But there were hints that there will be a plot (fix that curse thing or whatever), it's an RPG anyway

Now let me move to the bad points ... these characters are as annoying as Naruto! They are childish, stubborn, stupid ... and have power ... very bad combination for non-teen audiences! Just reminds me of every other jerk in middle/high school.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 01:56   Link #17
9Mystere9

I got the feeling all throughout the first episode that this is what Tower of Druaga should have been. Can't say I disapprove of Gonzo's outsourcing to Korea.
9Mystere9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 03:17   Link #18
Oxtail

Felt to me like Druaga meets World Destruction. So far in the first episode it's looking better than either of those 2 series. The action seems better and even though the jokes are goofy, they're not quite as groan-worthy as Druaga or World Destruction.
Oxtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 04:05   Link #19
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Where to start? Character designs were not of my taste, but when I've seen them in stills the actually were half-drawn. Animation was minimal and inconsistent, which is kind of hard to succeed with this non-existent detail within the same damn episode The BGM was erratically changing without any regard for the mood of the scene. But there were hints that there will be a plot (fix that curse thing or whatever), it's an RPG anyway

Now let me move to the bad points ... these characters are as annoying as Naruto! They are childish, stubborn, stupid ... and have power ... very bad combination for non-teen audiences! Just reminds me of every other jerk in middle/high school.
annoying? how could they annoy you? they barely did anything (cept for the guns dude, but he is supposed to be annoying, that's his purpose in life XD)
the main char dude was fairly silent and reacted in a fairly mature way actually, if anything I would say that the move from a crying kid kicked out of his village into a fairly composed mature character seemed a bit odd to me..

I mean sure there was that 30 sec gag scene with them running to the pork, but the personality depicted in stuff like that is about the same as basing a characters physical ability based on the fact it survives being kicked\punched\blown to the sky and surviving the fall, sure sometimes it turns out the character really "toughened up"(a la SnH) but in most cases the link is at best there only in parallel gag scenes
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-05, 08:05   Link #20
Jerseykid

best part of the entire anime was the retro ending.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote