AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2007-09-04, 20:47   Link #21
Pistbag

In nightmare of Nunnally
Spoiler for Nightmare of Nunnally:
Pistbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 05:51   Link #22
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistbag View Post
In nightmare of Nunnally
Spoiler for Nightmare of Nunnally:
Well, that's true, but...
Spoiler for Nightmare of Nunnally ch. 1:
Incidentally,
Spoiler for Nightmare of Nunnally ch. 5:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-22, 18:19   Link #23
hamstar
just passing by

where do get/buy the first volume for lelouche's rebellion manga????

where?
Old 2007-09-22, 19:39   Link #24
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamstar View Post
where do get/buy the first volume for lelouche's rebellion manga????

where?
amazon jp you try and search it here
mist2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 12:14   Link #25
digi.amuro

So, NoN is an official CG work right? Sorry if thats a dumb question, I just finished CG yesterday and hadnt looked into any manga on it and NoN just sounded extremely different compared to what LotR (lawl its initials are just like Lord of the Rings) was like. I guess that since its in this thread, it has to be an official work, but man did that just seem strange for them to do. Aw well, never hurts to check all of them out, tho Suzaku of the Counterattack does seem kind of redundant. It probably will give maybe abit more insight into his character, as well as those of Cecile, Lloyd, and the Britannians. The downside is, we get CG from a more Gundam Seed-styled perspective.
Old 2008-02-24, 02:13   Link #26
atla

Has knightmare of nunnully and suzaku of the counterattack came out in anime or is it only for manga? nad if they are in anime where can you find it?
atla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-24, 04:18   Link #27
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by atla View Post
Has knightmare of nunnully and suzaku of the counterattack came out in anime or is it only for manga? nad if they are in anime where can you find it?
only manga =3
i doubt that they will be turned into an anime
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 09:45   Link #28
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Is there any news when the manga will out again.... It's soooooo long.......
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 11:43   Link #29
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon_Lelouch View Post
Is there any news when the manga will out again.... It's soooooo long.......
Knightmare of Nunnally hasnt stopped releasing though no one is scanlating it =3
but with the license of the Geass series now, is there any news on the 3 manga series being released in the USA as well?
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:54   Link #30
NewYinzer

I think they are planning to release the manga in the United States as part of the Code Geass promotion they've got going on. Supposedly they're going to have merchandise, DVD's, manga, apparel, and possibly video games. This is just my opinion, but I think that Bandai is counting on the fact that Code Geass will do well in the USA to help falling sales of anime and model kits, hence the airing on Adult Swim and all the other promotions.
NewYinzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 08:12   Link #31
Nilie

Hey guys, about this manga scene that was uploaded in the image thread a while ago, in which Lelouch is in his bed waking up in the morning and all but groping C.C's breast while thinking he was reaching for his ringing alarm clock. She goes "good morning Lelouch" in a bored tone while he freaks. But that's all we see of it. Was that part of the original manga?

Quote:
Originally Posted by digi.amuro View Post
you sure? show up on my computer. try reloading the page.

oh and here's another. Thank AmuroNT1 for this!
Spoiler for I'd love to wake up to this scene!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
C.C.: Lelouch... Lelouch!
Lelouch (bubble-less thought): Morning, huh...
Lelouch: Who is it...? You're too loud!
Lelouch: Eh...?
C.C.: Good morning, Lelouch.

Last edited by Nilie; 2008-03-21 at 08:40.
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 08:24   Link #32
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilie View Post
Hey guys, about this manga scene that was uploaded in the image thread a while ago, in which Lelouch is in his bed waking up in the morning and all but groping C.C's breast while thinking he was reaching for his ringing alarm clock. She goes "good morning Lelouch" in a bored tone while he freaks. But that's all we see of it. Was that part of the original manga?
No, it's part of the Queen anthology (I think in #1, but I'll have to check).
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 08:41   Link #33
Nilie

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
No, it's part of the Queen anthology (I think in #1, but I'll have to check).
Oh, Okay. Is there anyway I can read this online?

I find it quite amusing so far >:3 hmhmh XD
Nilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 16:07   Link #34
flou
That's no lady

Quote:
Oh, Okay. Is there anyway I can read this online?
No, but you can order through Amazon.co.jp.
flou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 15:31   Link #35
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Since someone asked...

Quote:
And can you tell us more about this new manga please? In fact, can anyone explain just how many manga sagas are related/parallel to the Code Geass anime. I am sort of confused.
1. Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, by Majiko.
This one tries the hardest to stick to the anime. The backbone is that of the anime, but all the mechs and most of the grown-ups were taken away. The whole world is ruled by teenagers who run around trigger-happy with little pistols and dream of taking over the world with only pistols & pathetic speeches. Focused on lovey-dovey in campus.
Its artwork is okay when you look one pic at a time: everyone is round face cutesy-lovely. But the whole thing is horrible: movement is stiff, and storytelling is at doujinshi level. Simply put, this is Code Geass: gradeschool school play version. But since it's on Asuka, a manga magazine for lil girls under 15, so I guess we can't expect too much.

2. Code Geass: Suzaku of the Counterattack, by Atsuro Yomino.
Tried to stick to the anime but gave up in early stage. The big picture is still there, though. No mechs either. "Lancelot" is a power-up superman suit that Suzaku puts on to fight crime. (You can see this suit in anime Ep21.) Only a few anime characters were kept. Cecil & Euphie are taken away and replaced by an original character called Mariel.
Overall story is okay. But the artist sometimes goes bonkers. For example, Lancelot picks up a pebble, throws it at Zero, hits him on the head, and Zero falls off. Ha ha. Very funny. This kind of stupidity should only appear in fanart or 4-coma. I can't believe a professional artist is moronic enough to put it in a supposed-to-be-serious official manga.
This is on BeansA, a manga magazine for girls. The art style is nice, but often criticized because of the yaoi aura all over it. By the way, this is the version that
Spoiler for ending of season 1 in this version:
3. Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally. By Tomomasa Takuma.
Unlike the previous two, this one didn't try to cling to the anime and end up with mud all over his face.
Lelouch is "killed" in first episode. In this grief, Nunnally bond a contract with "Nemo" and got her geass power and her own KMF. Later on, Zero (C.C./Lelouch) also show up as the plot unwinds. This is the version with Nunnally and Batman Zero whipping Britannian KMFs. It's actually my favorite. Lots of dynamic Knightmare action (and very nicely drawn too), unexpected yet acceptable plot twists, and many interesting new characters. This version also brings up the largest amount of mysteries: the "cult" about geass, C.C.'s past, Marianne's last words, and Lelouch's siblings.
This is on CompAce, a male-oriented magazine for mangas based on video games or anime.

4. Official Anthology: Knight/Queen.
A collection of short comedy fan mangas that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual Code Geass story. Knight is focused on boys. Queen is focused on girls. Although the coverarts look erotic/yaoi/yuri, inside it's perfectly safe for all ages.

5. Bakumatsu Ibunroku Code Geass Lelouch of the Rebellion. Totally unrelated AU story which takes place in Bakumatsu period. Starting next month on Kerokero Ace, a manga magazine for boys under 15.

Last edited by Koshimizu; 2008-04-26 at 15:47.
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 18:02   Link #36
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
NoN is cool, especially

Spoiler for NoN stuff:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2008-04-26 at 22:24.
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 19:02   Link #37
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
NoN is cool, especially

Spoiler for NoN stuff:
who's he with???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 22:24   Link #38
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Spoiler for In Non, Lelouch was with:

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2008-04-26, 23:40   Link #39
Koshimizu
おやすみ、ルルーシュ。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
In Non, Lelouch was with Schneizel.[/SPOILER]
All you said are old news from months ago. That's not Lelouch. And Zero isn't C.C. either.
If you're so eager to show off, why don't you post the whole thing instead of ripping off tidbits of information from other people's posts?
Koshimizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 00:28   Link #40
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

He wasn't? Must've been mixed up...

You mean me ripping off my own information or others? Whatever it was, I got into NoN late since I was busy with university. Didn't have time to read it...