AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 8 15.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 26.92%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 36.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.92%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-02-01, 12:58   Link #121
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
That's like saying everyone in White Base is incompetent except Amuro. Also everyone in Zeon is incompetent except the platoon of Zeon airbike riders.
Augh, dude stop talking about Gundam, this is not Gundam forum. And if you want those answers, watch Gundam again or go to the Gundam forum.


Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Then the UFE just move with the Kat while keeping distance. Moment the Kat peeks/shifts its shield, they can open fire. Or they can lay mines.
The Martian Kat is their first priority. Where else they need to allocate their reinforcements? The only reason they're chaotic is because the Martian Kats. If not they can attack Landing Castle or move refugees without problem.
Man, stop repeating the same points, I already counter the point about the mine and everything else.

and they can't send reinforcement cause they simply can't. When you are getting attacked everywhere do you think you can send reinforcements easily?


Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post

Yeah, cause that's what its like. The bullets can't penetrate Argyre plasma sword. Same as arrows can't penetrate metal shield.
One, not all medieval shield were made of metal, remember metals were rare back in the day. Two, I believe shield that were made of metal were small so they were very ineffective against arrows. They were used mostly for hand to hand combat.

Finally, an arrow and bullet are different in terms of firepower, rate of fire, and speed. So yes, it is a horrible comparison.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 13:04   Link #122
IceHism
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
I mean people would be displeased, by two reasons;
1. if no one can defeat it, people will complain its too OP or Earth is incompetent
2. if its defeated, people will call haxx

Also, the powers above not really compatible
-shields require use of probes
-freezing will cause probe battery freeze (ep 1S2) and not work. If it have holes for camera, then means it can still be detected (smoke, ep3S2).
-stealth doesn't work if Kat transmits signal to probe, which can be detected. Otherwise, stealth and freeze would work well. but still in no way invincible.
But then this is the problem. Many people would have zero ideas of how to beat these mechs to begin with and its only because there is someone to educate the audience (inaho) that they all of a sudden think its oh so easy.

Hmm I see what you mean about stealth. But do they have to transmit signals to a probe? They couldn't say like use some gigantic super satellite? Or even use probes that can be used even outside of the 1km range?

Or they could combine gravity manipulation with a dimension barrier on the top and bottom of the Kat and make it float.

BTW... Where is the Kat from episode two (or 1?) with the super laser that destroyed a whole city? I'm surprised why that hasn't shown up yet.
IceHism is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 13:30   Link #123
azurestratos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'm talking about the One Year War. Zeon got defetaed by EFF shortly after Operation Capture Jaburo. EFF won the war with Zeon. Then the remnants made a new faction called Neo Zeon and start another war (which doesn't count).

EFF's GM is about equal to Zeon's MSs. Still, one EFF GM cannot slay hundreds of Zakus, Doms, & Gelgoogs. Unlike Vers Kat which each can slay many Areions & Slepinir.
Which doesn't count? Alright, if you want it that way.

One EFF GM can't slay hundreds of Zaku, but they're mostly on same level. Given their numbers also balanced, with exception Earth side got invincible Gundams. That's fine if the war ended in one year.

KG-7 Areions thats far exceed numbers of opposite side, despite being inferior, and the small amount of Martian Kats, thats not invincible. It would do fair to forgive they can't rule the Earth in one year. And the Martians are limited to staying close to their Landing Castles for Kat maintenance, so forgive their less superior logistics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
You forget that the Gundam itself also has speed and incredible power thrusters, a shield that is as strong as the armor itself, beam saber that can slice through anything, the deadly beam javelin customized by Amuro, giant hammer, and beam rifle that can one-shot anything. In short, Gundam and the more-experienced Amuro is not easy to get close to by the weak Zaku. Like I said, Zaku's weapons does not really work on Gundam except for the bazooka.

The mines set by the Riders can slip into gap and crevices which normally can't be reach by machine guns & bazooka during battle. That's not something a Zaku can do. That's why Amuro tried hard to dismantle the mines before they damaged the Gundam because they need it in the upcoming fights.

Throughout the show, a Zaku never left notable damage on the Gundam. Your argument is "a Zaku can easily defeat Gundam", yet now you turn into Zeon riders resorting to sneak attacks? Be consistent a bit.
So they knew the Gundam's weak points are the crevices. The Zakus never tried any new equipment or plan to exploit this right? Okay, understandable, they don't have airburst rounds, or shrapnel rounds, yet they can make 3 other models of suits, still inferior to Gundam. Too bad Zaku's axes can't jam into the crevice, like how KG-6 Sleipner jam its knife into Nilokeras.

So the writers make the Zakus attack the same way the Gundam eventhough they know it wouldn't work. Like how KG-7 Areions attack the same way the Martians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yes, the Gundam is very strong. That's why Amuro can defeat trained Zeon sodiers in the fragile Zakus (during White Base's journey from Luna II to Earth) while also learning fast how to fought properly. By the time he reached Jaburo, Amuro already had a ton of experience in the Gundam rivaling even the most trained EFF pilots. That's why General Revil kept Amuro's status as Gundam pilot.

Amuro is learning gradually and become very competent expecially after the events in Jaburo. Zeon is also competent since they managed to trapped & wiped out more or less half EFF fleet with the death ray in space and nearly decimated EFF forces with the Operation Capture Jaburo if not for Gundam and the rest of the White Base crew.
So the Gundam was OP to begin with. Why bother putting Amuro as pilot? Just ask another trained soldier. At least they don't have to slap Amuro anymore to do their bidding. In less than a year, Amuro reached the level of most elite adults in EFF which fought and survived in crappier suits, and more years of training.

And also basically again, both EFF and Zeon is incompetent, except Amuro Ray, and to certain extent the White Base. (Unless the White Base is OP too compared to other ships, so its mostly the OPness and not the crew competence).
azurestratos is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 13:43   Link #124
anguishCAKE
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
The more I'm seeing Gundam being compared to Aldnoah worse off gundam seems, for now the counter arguements seem weak to me.

Regarding the Pilot issue as far I have seen it apears to me that the pilots are mostly in the same skill range and the decicive factor is that while the Vers armed forces have a Technological advantage it is somewhat balanced out by the UFE's numerical supiriority. Inaho is obviously some form of prodigy and I think Slaine might be too. Atleast Slaine knows how to play the militerised Feudal system the army works on, what do you expect from someone who learned from Saazbaum for 19 months.

Regarding Aldnoah drives we still are in the dark in everything from cost(time, matirial,R&S and production) and distribution. So far the two strongest Vers Katafrakts have been the most wellrounded and powerfull ones(Tharsis and Dioscuria) belonged to the two most prominent counts(Crutheo and Saazbaum) so there probably is some form of corolation there.

Quick point. Wouldn't a Entropy Dilution Field be canceld by the Dimnetional Barrier if ther where on the same Kat? As far as Kats with a Dimentional barrier they would be as effective as meteor since any thrusters would be an obvious weakspot for it.

Last edited by anguishCAKE; 2015-02-01 at 13:45. Reason: Grammer for Clarification, first sentance was a mess.
anguishCAKE is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 13:55   Link #125
azurestratos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
But then this is the problem. Many people would have zero ideas of how to beat these mechs to begin with and its only because there is someone to educate the audience (inaho) that they all of a sudden think its oh so easy.
+1 that's the problem with people. They forget themselves.


Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Hmm I see what you mean about stealth. But do they have to transmit signals to a probe? They couldn't say like use some gigantic super satellite? Or even use probes that can be used even outside of the 1km range?

Or they could combine gravity manipulation with a dimension barrier on the top and bottom of the Kat and make it float.

BTW... Where is the Kat from episode two (or 1?) with the super laser that destroyed a whole city? I'm surprised why that hasn't shown up yet.
Well, I mean the probe have to follow you around, therefore it needs directions.
Probe outside 1km range is feasible and better. (Forgot to note, its still susceptible to be blinded by smokescreen like ep.3S1.)

To make it float, it needs anti-gravity, which is Deucalion's power. Sure, being a floating ball of doom is nice.

If the shield just covers the top, then that's ok. The gravity can cover the sides. That leaves the feet as the only weakness, which is unlikely to be exposed. That'd be OP.

The laser Kat, was shown briefly in ep1S2 during fake-princess's speech. Its occupying the North America continent (New Orleans?) I believe as hinted in previous episodes. That one I've few ideas its weakness.
azurestratos is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 14:21   Link #126
azurestratos
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Gundam is a very good series and franchise, IMHO. My favorite of Gundam is G-00 and 08th Team. As far for characters, tactics, and science fiction, Aldnoah is my top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguishCAKE View Post
Regarding the Pilot issue as far I have seen it apears to me that the pilots are mostly in the same skill range and the decicive factor is that while the Vers armed forces have a Technological advantage it is somewhat balanced out by the UFE's numerical supiriority. Inaho is obviously some form of prodigy and I think Slaine might be too. Atleast Slaine knows how to play the militerised Feudal system the army works on, what do you expect from someone who learned from Saazbaum for 19 months.

Regarding Aldnoah drives we still are in the dark in everything from cost(time, matirial,R&S and production) and distribution. So far the two strongest Vers Katafrakts have been the most wellrounded and powerfull ones(Tharsis and Dioscuria) belonged to the two most prominent counts(Crutheo and Saazbaum) so there probably is some form of corolation there.
+1 Slaine is turning out better and better. He's definitely learned from Saazbaum.
Inaho is a fine character. I can understand if people are irked by his frequent spotlight.
Indeed, Aldnoah is not well known, but we can see some patterns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguishCAKE View Post
Quick point. Wouldn't a Entropy Dilution Field be canceld by the Dimnetional Barrier if ther where on the same Kat? As far as Kats with a Dimentional barrier they would be as effective as meteor since any thrusters would be an obvious weakspot for it.
Right! How did I missed that.. ^^''
Yes, you're right. The dimensional barrier would block the passing of heat both conduction/convection or radiation(infrared wavelength). To make it work, the shield need a big hole.

And yes, the thruster ports would present as a weakness.

Thanks for sharing that, : )
azurestratos is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 14:55   Link #127
anguishCAKE
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Gundam is a very good series and franchise, IMHO. My favorite of Gundam is G-00 and 08th Team. As far for characters, tactics, and science fiction, Aldnoah is my top.
I'm not going to make make any arguements based on Gundam(almost did) since I haven't watched it. It's still behind Valverave and NGE on my backlog asfar as mecha anime are concerned and that so far I haven't found Terrestrial Dream arguements convincing.

I feel like cringing when I see that people say that R2 is better written than Aldnoah and how Inaho is a Gar Sue compared to the CG cast whenSuzaku pulls crap like this.

/rant end.

Atleast I feel like the Aldnoah Discussions are getting less repetetive and circlejerky. and I think we might need to wait untill the fall season untill we get the actuall consensus on the show.

Last edited by anguishCAKE; 2015-02-01 at 14:58. Reason: New to this site and trying and failing with formating.
anguishCAKE is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 16:07   Link #128
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
All their weapons are so gimmicky.
They would be gimmicky only if the features that made them unique had no actual use. Just having a weakness does not make them gimmicky.
monster is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 16:23   Link #129
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyth View Post
You don't see a problem with letting a Terran dog pilot a Tharsis? Saazbaum did that mistake and paid the price, and he trusted the guy. The other Knights do not trust him nor respect him. The facade they're putting on for Saazbaum's death is laughable. Nobody with a brain lets a Terran dog pilot one of the most powerful Aldnoahs no matter the circumstance. For all they know he could turn around and start shooting around Mars ... and they wouldn't be able to do a thing about it (he sees the future, remember?).

Anyway, just having fun with the show, the story progression is ridiculous with weak justifications for character actions.
Oh, I see what you mean. You're talking from their point of view. Well technically they can't stop him from piloting Tharsis since he was the one who activated it in episode 12, and no one else can take over his drive once he turned it on, other than a royal. Slaine is the only one who can pilot it because it's basically his now. They could try to assassinate him, but I think he's a little too cunning at this point for that to work.

And he doesn't really see the future, he just knows how to read people and their actions very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyDude View Post
Hah Inaho you're giving Slaine way too much credit. Though I suppose that's the only logical conclusion he can possibly make without knowing the broken ability of the Tharsis. Here's a hint...it knows when you're going to poop if it occurs within the next 6 hours.

Yuki-nee's triumphant return is much appreciated. I suppose Slaine was a bit badass this episode, but loses a couple of points since the Tharsis is just plain retarded. Inaho's divine eye is as brokenly OP as ever, but then again it's really the only thing keeping Inaho viable as a foe to Slaine.
What are you talking about? Tharsis can only predict and project the path of projectiles and has extremely good maneuverability skills. It doesn't predict whole future events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They would be gimmicky only if the features that made them unique had no actual use. Just having a weakness does not make them gimmicky.
I kind of agree. I don't really have a problem with any of the Martian kataphrackts. All of them are very unique and alien in appearance, and they should be. I like that they try to find something new for each machine so that they are not all having the same weapons of guns, laser swords, missiles, etc. that you see in basically every mecha series ever. All of the mechs do have weaknesses, but honestly it's the arrogance and hubris of the pilots of those machines that make them seem so "useless". Honestly, if the pilots of these kats used these mechs as their tools rather than their crutch as well as employ strategy and skills to their battles, similar to what Slaine does with Tharsis, rather than just have the kataphrackt do all the work, they would actually be an unstoppable force.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2015-02-01 at 16:35.
Irenesharda is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 16:48   Link #130
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
you know whats gimmicky?

battleship yamato doesn't have battleship cannons underneath it.
DemiDomo is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 18:21   Link #131
Terrestrial Dream
勇者
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Tesla Leicht Institute
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
They would be gimmicky only if the features that made them unique had no actual use. Just having a weakness does not make them gimmicky.
Having weakness was not the reason why I call them gimmicky.
__________________
Terrestrial Dream is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 18:48   Link #132
monster
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Having weakness was not the reason why I call them gimmicky.
Nevertheless, their weapons had their uses, so they're still not gimmicky.
monster is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 21:39   Link #133
Triple_R
Senior Member
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Age: 37
Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Nevertheless, their weapons had their uses, so they're still not gimmicky.
The thing with most of the Martian supermechs is that they basically have one lone superpower, but are otherwise inferior to an average mecha given their seeming lack of backup offensive options. Basically, if you neutralize and/or work around their one lone superpower, that's typically all you have to do. They're just sitting ducks at that point.

You could maybe forgive this with the Season 1 Counts, but given the Count death count at this point, it's pretty eyebrow-raising that they're not taking more precautions or having any contingency plans when going into battle. There really is no good excuse any more for this sort of overconfidence. It definitely should now be basic protocol for a Count to either have a backup offensive option (beyond each supermechs lone power) or to have ally soldiers to provide the Count cover. Ideally both.

The mechs themselves are defensible though. Like you said, they have their uses.


On the whole, a good episode 16. It's not without its flaws, but at least its minimizing them somewhat.
__________________
Triple_R is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 22:22   Link #134
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
The thing with most of the Martian supermechs is that they basically have one lone superpower, but are otherwise inferior to an average mecha given their seeming lack of backup offensive options. Basically, if you neutralize and/or work around their one lone superpower, that's typically all you have to do. They're just sitting ducks at that point.

You could maybe forgive this with the Season 1 Counts, but given the Count death count at this point, it's pretty eyebrow-raising that they're not taking more precautions or having any contingency plans when going into battle. There really is no good excuse any more for this sort of overconfidence. It definitely should now be basic protocol for a Count to either have a backup offensive option (beyond each supermechs lone power) or to have ally soldiers to provide the Count cover. Ideally both.

The mechs themselves are defensible though. Like you said, they have their uses.


On the whole, a good episode 16. It's not without its flaws, but at least its minimizing them somewhat.
i think it goes along the lines of the mentality and limitations of mechs available.

right now the martian knights are trying to gain glory and resources, working together would cause a split in the glory and resources.

there also their pride and honor code they got over them.

other than actual orbital knight mech, the only other mech shown are the space fighter jets for the space division but those require the constant presence of the princess to fuel the mechs.
DemiDomo is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 22:37   Link #135
Kurohane
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Well, Lemrina won the bet. Time to kill Seylum in her sleep.
Kurohane is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 22:42   Link #136
aeriolewinters
Gin-Sama no Tameni!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Balanga City, Bataan, Philippines
Send a message via Yahoo to aeriolewinters
Quote:
Well, Lemrina won the bet. Time to kill Seylum in her sleep.
It's not over, yet. Also, Asseylum would probably wake up in 2-3 episodes.
__________________
Mercury Lampe
aeriolewinters is offline  
Old 2015-02-01, 23:08   Link #137
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: somewhere in california
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
It's not over, yet. Also, Asseylum would probably wake up in 2-3 episodes.
or she wakes up in the end when inaho saves her. carrying her out princess style.
DemiDomo is offline  
Old 2015-02-02, 01:28   Link #138
anguishCAKE
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
or she wakes up in the end when inaho saves her. carrying her out princess style.
I wouldn't mind an ending like that, but I doubt it since she is listed as a main character I do believe she has more to do before this is all over. I'll say I wouldn't mind if we had this scene followed by a repeast of ep. 10 when she decides to fight against the Vers Empire. It would be different ofcourse since now it seems like she won't die regardless of her stance.
anguishCAKE is offline  
Old 2015-02-02, 02:45   Link #139
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiDomo View Post
or she wakes up in the end when inaho saves her. carrying her out princess style.
Wouldn't that kind of be a bad thing considering she would be coming out of a coma that she's had for practically 2 years? Her body has not really moved all that time and is basically on life support. She's going to be needing some physical therapy for a while before she goes anywhere. Sorry, Inaho, not just yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguishCAKE View Post
I wouldn't mind an ending like that, but I doubt it since she is listed as a main character I do believe she has more to do before this is all over. I'll say I wouldn't mind if we had this scene followed by a repeast of ep. 10 when she decides to fight against the Vers Empire. It would be different ofcourse since now it seems like she won't die regardless of her stance.
Actually, even her main character status has begun to be called into question recently as she's beginning to not even be featured in the credits anymore. Also, there's the issue that the OP and ED seem to be indicating that she won't awaken for awhile, maybe not even until the very end.

And really, honestly, the series to me has been better without her. I've enjoyed this season so far, much more than last season. And honestly, I really don't miss her. I'd rather have Slaine and Inaho fight in battles and doing important maneuvers and manipulations that have them sidetracked by her.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline  
Old 2015-02-02, 08:02   Link #140
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Indonesia
*phew* just got back from work. So... where were we? Oh yeah:

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Which doesn't count? Alright, if you want it that way.
Yes, it doesn’t count. Just like how World War I is different from World War II, One-Year War & Neo Zeon War are two different wars (separated by seven years of time gap). And that’s not what I want. It’s what shown in the UC timeline itself. Don’t believe me? Check out spoilers below:

Spoiler for UC Timeline:
I could go on and on quoting my sources, but I think a “smart person” like you should already get the idea that I’m telling the truth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
One EFF GM can't slay hundreds of Zaku, but they're mostly on same level. Given their numbers also balanced, with exception Earth side got invincible Gundams. That's fine if the war ended in one year.
You forget that EFF still have no mass-produced Mobile Suits at the start of OYW. Once they have it mass produced, they took little time to attack Zeon’s main bases. Let me make it easier for you:
  • 3rd January UC0079 (7.20): Zeon declared war against EFF and started the One Year War.
  • Late (20-21st) September UC0079: EFF began deployment of pre-production Mobile Suits (GMs and such) in Southeast Asia.
  • 1st January UC0080: OYW ended with EFF winning.
So, once they possess MSs that can fight toe-to-toe with Zeon’s Zakus with more or less equal numbers, it took only 4 months for EFF to win the war. And you said EFF can win just because they have the “invincible Gundam” on their side? Don’t make me laugh, Zeon have Big Zam & Zeong on their side that pretty much exceeded the Gundam’s performance (Big Zam can even destroy several EFF spaceships in just one shot). Amuro was able to win against them thanks to strategy/tactics with some heavy sacrifices (friends’ lives are lost). Not because the Gundam is superior.

Also, you seem to get off from the wrong notion. Gundam is not invincible to all Zeon’s MS & MAs. It may be invincible compared to Zakus (back to your argument of ‘Zaku vs Gundam’). But what I haven’t told you and you probably forget is that: once Zeon developed MSs that are more advanced than Zakus, they were able to caught up with the Gundam. For example: Gouf’s heat rod was able to zap and fry the Gundam; Gogg easily ripped through Gundam’s armor with its claws; Black Tri-stars’ Doms with their Jet Stream Attack almost destroyed the Gundam with Amuro inside; Z’Gok almost ripped the Gundam in half when it caught both of its arms, etc. You may ask, “If that’s so, how can Amuro still able to win with his Gundam?” Don’t forget that Amuro/Gundam does not achieve victory on its own. It’s pretty much a team effort along with Ryu (Core Fighter), Hayato (Guntank), Kai (Guncannon), Sayla & Sleggar (G-Fighters), and last but not least, White Base providing various rear support almost in every fight, with Amuro and his Gundam acting as the Ace of the team, kinda like football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
KG-7 Areions thats far exceed numbers of opposite side, despite being inferior, and the small amount of Martian Kats, thats not invincible. It would do fair to forgive they can't rule the Earth in one year. And the Martians are limited to staying close to their Landing Castles for Kat maintenance, so forgive their less superior logistics.
Most of EFF’s posts in space got wiped out or taken over by Zeon that left them with barely anything. So they don’t have superior logistics to Zeon’s military bases in space either. Plus, the space around Solomon & A Baoa Qu is basically Zeon soldiers’ playground. Zeon have home-field advantage yet the EFF still managed to defeat them with what they got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
So they knew the Gundam's weak points are the crevices.
No they don’t. The one who knew is Amuro. That’s why he tried so hard to disarm the mines before they explode to prevent the Gundam from being damaged or crippled. Those Zeon soldiers were just planting mines all over the Gundam and practically just wish for luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
The Zakus never tried any new equipment or plan to exploit this right? Okay, understandable, they don't have airburst rounds, or shrapnel rounds, yet they can make 3 other models of suits, still inferior to Gundam. Too bad Zaku's axes can't jam into the crevice, like how KG-6 Sleipner jam its knife into Nilokeras.
This point is moot since they don’t know Gundam’s exact weak points. Also, it’s not like the Zeon’s soldiers didn’t come up with tactics and variety of attacks. They’ve set ambushes and booby traps in the field, trying to lure Gundam out to hit White Base (almost worked), tried to disrupt the Gundam mid-docking sequence, tried to destroy Gundam with the Gallop and Magella-top. But all that failed due to great and dedicated teamwork of the White Base crew. Doesn’t mean those Zeon soldiers are incompetent as some of those tactics at least gave them results (further intel they can use in the next combat). Some attacks even resulted in the death of a main WB crew and great damage to White Base itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
So the writers make the Zakus attack the same way the Gundam eventhough they know it wouldn't work. Like how KG-7 Areions attack the same way the Martians.
Early in the series, even though they know how powerful Gundam’s armor and weapons are, they still sent the Zakus since that’s all they have at the time (Dom & Gouf was still in testing phase or have not distributed yet). So you can’t label those Zeons soldiers as incompetent when they’re already tried their best with different tactics with what they got (being outgunned and all) not just blindly shooting at the Gundam like drones. It’s when Ramba Ral & Balck Tri-Star appeared with their Gouf & Doms that the Gundam are really facing the risk of being destroyed (and it only got more and more dangerous for Amuro from that point).

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
So the Gundam was OP to begin with. Why bother putting Amuro as pilot? Just ask another trained soldier. At least they don't have to slap Amuro anymore to do their bidding. In less than a year, Amuro reached the level of most elite adults in EFF which fought and survived in crappier suits, and more years of training.
Let me say this again:
Spoiler for saving space:
Keyword: character growth & gradual learning, not going insta-badass right off the bat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
And also basically again, both EFF and Zeon is incompetent, except Amuro Ray, and to certain extent the White Base. (Unless the White Base is OP too compared to other ships, so its mostly the OPness and not the crew competence).
Not really:
Spoiler for MS Gundam plot:
So there you have it, competent characters are pretty much spread in MS Gundam show. Not just the MC & his rival hogging the sceentime being badass and always looking cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurestratos View Post
Guncannon isn't an all-rounder but still a Gundam.
Guncannon is a Gundam? What are you smokin', man?
__________________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by anguishCAKE View Post
The more I'm seeing Gundam being compared to Aldnoah worse off gundam seems, for now the counter arguements seem weak to me.
Believe me. MS Gundam is the better one. That series is a classic for a reason. You may PM is there's anything you wanna ask about MSG.
__________________
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:33.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.