AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-09-24, 08:10   Link #601
blackman

iirc, yukina write in her career survey is to go to mars. Maybe there she will reunite with kennosuke. Since she is basically an immortal i guess her dream is possible to achieve.
blackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 10:08   Link #602
zztop

I feel we may never get a definite answer on what a real Efidolg actually looks like.

We could infer they have no actual physical bodies to move around in, since they seem to be wholly reliant on a brainwashed, disposable clone army to carry out physical work for them.

Perhaps PA Works may want to give an answer in any interviews or supplementary materials next time?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 10:57   Link #603
coded321
He Who Games

Judging by th title of the next episode, it's going to be a bittersweet ending
coded321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 11:54   Link #604
BoyTitan

This show really feels like it needs a second season but idk if its popular enough for one. They just dropped so much new material and world building on us. The attack in 224 years was a lot but other people fighting Efidolg was a huge reveal. Then Kennosoke wants to go space. Thats enough material for a second season never seen a anime reveal so much and raise the scale of things at the end.

Finally earth is dumb a arms race would be a good thing. For example the main reason the earth was slowly getting their ass kicked by the covenant in halo but still semi competitive mainly on land was because before the covenant attacked, humanity was at war with each other. Thus had a arms race resulting in the Spartan project. Without that humanity would still be at our level of warfar and got killed by the covenant in 1 day.
Old 2016-09-24, 18:35   Link #605
Mangonel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
This show really feels like it needs a second season but idk if its popular enough for one. They just dropped so much new material and world building on us. The attack in 224 years was a lot but other people fighting Efidolg was a huge reveal. Then Kennosoke wants to go space. Thats enough material for a second season never seen a anime reveal so much and raise the scale of things at the end.
Yea, I'm cautiously optimistic about another season with whats happening. Everything was basically neatly in place to wrap everything up. Then all of a sudden we got weird shit like drug testing on pilots and they somehow restrained the Steed. Not to mention the info dump on Efidolg and a possible interstellar war being waged. Also worth pointing out Tom apparently received some secret orders.

Anyway it seems like Ken and Zeru's goal is to get Muetta and take the Recon ship to Zeru's home planet. We'll see how that goes. We might even see Yukina take initiative to go with them. Her participation throughout the whole series has been one of reluctant responsibility.
Mangonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 19:19   Link #606
ReddyRedWolf

The Efidolg to me are like Berserkers. Berserkers are AI ships whose directive is to destroy all life. Shades of ID4 aliens with taking a planet's resources to make more war material.

To further the comparison like in IDR there is an unseen alien coalition that opposes the genocidal aliens.

The UN Secretary is making a mistake and it isn't her call. In 224 years the Efidolg will send a fleet to invade Earth like the others. They can't count on the Resistance to last that long. Earth needs an arms race not against each other but for extraterrestrial threats. The UN Security Council must be informed that Earth isn't alone in this fight and Earth must prepare.

If the Resistance is just getting by stealing Efidolg stuff Earth still has its industrial capacity for the war effort.

Obviously the Efidolg are getting by invading primitive planets. The Gezon-Reco squad balked at the prospect of fighting a race that advanced in 450 years.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 16:21   Link #607
magnuskn

@coded321: Thanks!
Old 2016-09-29, 01:11   Link #608
Krono

The final battle last episode could have been a bit better, but the epilogue's been pretty good so far.

One thing to keep in mind is that Yukina should be the same as Ken and Muetta. She didn't pledge to the Kuromukuro as it recognized her as Yukihime, but it did give her an injection of nanomachines when she first piloted it. Unless there are two transfers of nanomachines, one when you register with the mech, one when you first pilot it, she should be just as unaging and able to heal as Ken and Muetta. Even then, Yukina spent some time in an Efidolg healing bath, so if she was missing something in the way of nanomachines, she likely picked it up then.

Dr. Hausen likely doesn't mention her because he hasn't made the same sort of indepth investigation into her. As a modern day human, she's not so interesting to him, and between that and being the (now former) director's daughter, Yukina had much better protections against being subject to his testing. Similarly he makes no mention of Tom as he hasn't had a chance to examine Tom yet. If he even knows to. I don't think Zeru has been very free with the information about geoframe pilots "no longer being human". He seems to have only told Tom just before he got in the one, and Zeru still hasn't fully explained the implications to Tom.

Anyways, seeing as they're obviously going for an open ending, my guess is that everyone who piloted a geoframe (Zeru, Ken, Muetta, Yukina, Tom, and soon Shenmei) will end up going off into space to investigate Zeru's homeworld, and continue the fight against the Efidolg. With most of their heroes gone, taking most of the alien super weapons with them, Earth's governments will be forced to admit to the long term threat and start doing something about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
The Efidolg to me are like Berserkers. Berserkers are AI ships whose directive is to destroy all life. Shades of ID4 aliens with taking a planet's resources to make more war material.

To further the comparison like in IDR there is an unseen alien coalition that opposes the genocidal aliens.
They've got some shades of the Borg and Reapers as well, with the whole blueprints of the natives and mind control stuff. Still, the Berserkers do seem to be the closest comparison.

Quote:
The UN Secretary is making a mistake and it isn't her call. In 224 years the Efidolg will send a fleet to invade Earth like the others. They can't count on the Resistance to last that long. Earth needs an arms race not against each other but for extraterrestrial threats. The UN Security Council must be informed that Earth isn't alone in this fight and Earth must prepare.

If the Resistance is just getting by stealing Efidolg stuff Earth still has its industrial capacity for the war effort.
I don't think the UN Secretary is the one making the call. I'm pretty sure she's just relaying what the security council agreed upon, or possibly what the major governments agreed upon in secret.

Quote:
Obviously the Efidolg are getting by invading primitive planets. The Gezon-Reco squad balked at the prospect of fighting a race that advanced in 450 years.
As I recall they really only considered calling in reinforcements, and only did that after they'd encountered some resistance. And they were really only surprised how quickly Earth's tech advanced (opposed to their own slow advancement). They've probably destroyed plenty of planets at Earth's level of tech that didn't have the benefit of the kind of interference that Zeru brought. Even then just their recon force still almost won. Sheer numbers would probably let them win a fight where the tech was even, they just didn't get a chance to bring those numbers to bear on Earth.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 10:43   Link #609
coded321
He Who Games

So as expected, pa works went for the bittersweet, yet open ended ending. Really hope they make a short sequel, film, or even an ova, but knowing pa works, that's probably not going to happen.
coded321 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 11:12   Link #610
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
So as expected, pa works went for the bittersweet, yet open ended ending. Really hope they make a short sequel, film, or even an ova, but knowing pa works, that's probably not going to happen.
PA Works will be making Uchoten Kazoku Season 2, so they've just broken the "no sequels for any anime we make" rule there.
Of course, the decision to continue Kuromukuro's story will depend if its director and PA Works are interested in pursuing it - and if Bluray sales are good.

I think a movie or OVA would be the best medium for a sequel in this case.

Last edited by zztop; 2016-09-29 at 11:48.
Old 2016-09-29, 21:04   Link #611
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-29, 22:54   Link #612
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
"We're going to do nothing" thanks humanity for being morons. Who cares if there is a damn arms race under that pretext? "Well they probably won't show up in our lifetime, so we'll screw over our descendants because it's too much work to actually prepare for a massive alien invasion." Idiots.

Of course they only get dumber. Might as well turn on the people that saved your planet. That seems like scummiest thing they could possibly do.

Not sure I'm a big fan of Ken's idea either. Not that it isn't a bad plan in general to leave the Earth since scumbags are in power. But, it really shouldn't have simply been his call whether Yukina goes or not. Obviously if she was against going that'd be one thing, but let her decide where to spend her life. Especially since there is a fair chance that she's been made near immortal herself.
Old 2016-10-01, 04:21   Link #613
Ferp

Actually ended up enjoying this show much more than I had expected. Some odd writing in places and I felt like I had to drag myself through a few SoL episodes. Action scenes were fun, characters were decent, just wish their development had been paced a little better. Ending was really bittersweet and I really hope all this second season setup actually gets a second season. Would love to see what happens next and for Ken/Yukina reunion.
Ferp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 05:38   Link #614
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

At the start of this series I was pretty skeptical and kind of unimpressed, but everything about it grew on me. I'm also SO thankful it got a 2nd cour, because it easily could've been a disaster otherwise. Never thought it would take PA Works to actually get me in the mood for mecha anime again. There were also a lot of neat spins put on stereotypes and/or trope reversals, along with several very interesting themes of identity that were played around with in this show that I enjoyed quite a bit.

I think my only major complaints were that some of the battles were way too short/lacked some impact, and that there were too many side characters. Or specifically, they spent too much time on too many of the side characters. Give your best characters the best development. Then maybe I'll actually give a damn about... whatever the Mexican kid's name was. (Was he Mexican? I don't even remember, man.)

All in all, this was a solid show with an entertaining plot. And beautiful to look at, as one has come to expect from this studio. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Extra Note: Five years passed and they still haven't developed the technology to reverse/destroy those Efidolg nanomachines. Poor Rita. At least it seems like it was either starting to wear down or she was breaking through its influence of her own accord. Geez...
Old 2016-10-01, 08:05   Link #615
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so is the sequel going to be a movie or OVA set 224 years into the future when the entire world has Geoframes & the Earth is now part of an equivalent of Star Trek's United Federation of Planets who's members also include Zeru's home world?

also is there any merchandise of the mechs of this series yet? like model kits or action figures?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 09:51   Link #616
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I think my only major complaints were that some of the battles were way too short/lacked some impact, and that there were too many side characters. Or specifically, they spent too much time on too many of the side characters. Give your best characters the best development. Then maybe I'll actually give a damn about... whatever the Mexican kid's name was. (Was he Mexican? I don't even remember, man.)

All in all, this was a solid show with an entertaining plot. And beautiful to look at, as one has come to expect from this studio. I'll give it a 7.5/10.

Extra Note: Five years passed and they still haven't developed the technology to reverse/destroy those Efidolg nanomachines. Poor Rita. At least it seems like it was either starting to wear down or she was breaking through its influence of her own accord. Geez...
The "Mexican" kid was half-Spanish and half-Japanese actually. IIRC his name was Carlos.

On the plus side, in 5 years they developed technology for spaceports, interstellar space travel and hopefully better GAUS mechs to bring the fight to the enemy (if that's what they were hinting at in the final scenes).

PS. So Hausen's where Kaya inherits his brand of crazy from.
Old 2016-10-01, 21:15   Link #617
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 26:
Who would have thought that Jundai Kayahara... has Dr. Hausen as his father!

Also, it would be better if Tom Borden joined Kennosuke Tokisada Ouma. Too bad that he stopped Yukina Shirahane from going to space together with the samurai. What an asshole! But you know what, thanks to the technology advancement from the last 5 years, I think Yukina will find Kennosuke... only if P.A.Works made an OVA or a movie about it!

Well, it was a fun ride watching Kuromukuro and I'm surprised that the studio did well on the mecha genre. Still, there are a few questions remained unanswered such as what Efidolg look like and what happened to them as far as I remembered, they're losing against a resistance group.

In any case, P.A.Works did a great job on this series!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-01, 21:39   Link #618
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So a movie or another season to find Kennosuke Well at less Sophie looks good grown up

7/10
Old 2016-10-01, 23:40   Link #619
Wandering Soul

Other than that lackluster final fight , this was a nice way to end things.

Humanity was really carrying that idiot ball near the ending. Hopefully the nations of the world got their crap in order.

Somehow not surprised that Hausen is Kaya's father.

Overall I enjoyed this series. It dragged from time to time, but I had fun with it.
Old 2016-10-02, 00:34   Link #620
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Other than that lackluster final fight , this was a nice way to end things.

Humanity was really carrying that idiot ball near the ending. Hopefully the nations of the world got their crap in order.

Somehow not surprised that Hausen is Kaya's father.

Overall I enjoyed this series. It dragged from time to time, but I had fun with it.
Forget carrying the idiot ball....humanity was freaking juggling numerous idiot balls. I know there wasn't much time left but....was this the best they could do in terms of motivation for Ken to run off into space to fight a war?

Maybe in a generation or two humanity will smarten up. Or maybe 10 years before the aliens are about to arrive we'll suddenly think "Hey....maybe we should prepare for that invasion?"