AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-05, 14:23   Link #2961
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I just realize something, when No. 17 is back in action again?
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 14:30   Link #2962
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Does changing the way and dialog on how Goku talks really make such a difference for his character?
Yes, yes it does. If anything the DBZ Abridged Goku is more faithful to the character in many aspects than the original english dub.
Old 2017-02-05, 14:32   Link #2963
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
chronologically speaking Super take places before that, it's like this not happened yet, super is some years before uub appear and few years after they defeat kid bu and the new "satan tournament happen.
Well that's my point.

Even 10 years into the future, he didn't change... at all
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 15:07   Link #2964
Blueknight78

i was thinking about it the "uub" thing and bring him at this point could be pointless, cuz now goku is on "another league" than uub since now he have "god powers", he wanted uub come to have someone strong to train with him but now goku already above that league and train with uub could have the same effect of train with kuririn, he can still have some benefects but they will be little compared with training with whis or beerus.

another thing which i feel is really interesting is the fact which really goku is not "bullet proof" as peoples aways think and it's more like due to his "power giving it to him" as long he can see and know what is happening he will be, if he is getting in a surprise attack with normal guns that can actually hurt him like what happened on this episde and the freeza resurrection where goku was defeated by a "simple laser pistol/gun" because he not was aware of it and could not use his "ki" to increase his body resistence to protect him.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-02-05 at 15:39.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 15:25   Link #2965
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
another thing which i feel is really interesting is the fact which really goku is not "bullet proof" as peoples aways think and it's more like due to his "power giving it to him" as long he can see and know what is happening, like suprise attack with normal gans can actually hurt him like what happened on this episde and the freeza resurrection where goku was defeated by a "simple laser pistol/gun" because he not was aware of it and could not use his "ki" to increase his body resistence to protect him.
There was a time in Dragon ball (red ribbon saga I think) where Goku was sniped from behind and was just fine. Bullets hurting Z fighters is just silly. I don't see why they would suppress their ki to human level all the time.
Old 2017-02-05, 15:41   Link #2966
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There was a time in Dragon ball (red ribbon saga I think) where Goku was sniped from behind and was just fine. Bullets hurting Z fighters is just silly. I don't see why they would suppress their ki to human level all the time.
lol that i don't remember need rewatch but i do remember one episode where peoples where shotting at goku with machine guns and the bullets where just being repeled by his body, if i'm not wrong this also happened with kuririn in another episode, but was more common with goku, the sniper i reall don't recall it's a long time since last time i watched the old dragon ball.

well then again "retcon" akira powers coming to make goku and z warriors "less op".
Old 2017-02-05, 15:56   Link #2967
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I just realize something, when No. 17 is back in action again?
He was revived at the end of Cell saga, and he showed up at the end of the Buu saga.

But now that I think about it, I don't think him and Goku ever met.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 16:04   Link #2968
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Seriously though, the new arcs hero isn't Goku, its this guy

He even looks like a superhero
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 16:12   Link #2969
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

I actually love his design. It's simple, but in a good way.
Old 2017-02-05, 16:23   Link #2970
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Seafoam View Post
Yeah he looks epic
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 16:23   Link #2971
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

Goku the hero on a series has Kill more people than any hero that has come before him. that i know off

then agian they could raise everyone with the super dragon balls?
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 16:42   Link #2972
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I'm pretty sure the price of the losers has to be fake, but I wanna see the reaction to Xenoh--samas' plans
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 16:43   Link #2973
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The guys from the gray dude's universe all wear the same uniform. And there's a member of Beerus' race among them!
Old 2017-02-05, 16:46   Link #2974
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
And there's a member of Beerus' race among them!
I'm pretty sure I saw a clown-like version of Beerus. I guess all Gods of Destructions must be similar.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 17:12   Link #2975
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I'm pretty sure I saw a clown-like version of Beerus. I guess all Gods of Destructions must be similar.
yah some of the "god of destruction" already was spoiled in a "preview" we could see a "god of destruction female, a god of destruction elephant, a god of destruction clown with a female whis looking like "harleyqueen"(joker&harleyqueen reference), now the op showed a few more of then, probably now we can proper count all the 12 god of destructions and they angerls.
Old 2017-02-05, 17:15   Link #2976
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Isn't it only 4 years away from end of Z? If Bra still isn't born, I dare say that's already been retconned.
Bulma was shown to be pregnant and just about ready to give birth at any moment in this episode. Bra is still a thing.
Old 2017-02-05, 18:39   Link #2977
alex_drian

Quote:
The guys from the gray dude's universe all wear the same uniform. And there's a member of Beerus' race among them!
I suppose that they belong to the same group or their God of Destruction force them to wear uniform, also FemBroly seems part of the group
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 18:41   Link #2978
alex_drian

Quote:
I like this of Toriyama, simple and good designs for OP characters + good fights. In Saint Seiya is the contrary
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 18:50   Link #2979
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Bulma was shown to be pregnant and just about ready to give birth at any moment in this episode. Bra is still a thing.
No, I meant, she looked to be quite older than 4 at the end of Z if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 2017-02-05, 18:58   Link #2980
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Goku really is a menace. Will be nice if the next episode has a slightly serious tone so Goku can realize how utterly he's screwed up. His damn naivety and simple desire to fight may end up with untold numbers being wiped out of existence.

Of course that kind of thing always existed. This was the guy who instead of using the Dragon Balls to find the Androids before they were completed just wanted to wait. But to be fair everyone was stupid on that front, so it wasn't just him. This time though...it's not just billions being put at risk, it is way more than that.

I'd love to see Vegeta try to kill Goku for being that stupid. He's developed pretty well and Goku putting Vegeta's family at risk might make him snap.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy