AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-11-12, 15:24   Link #101
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Did you guys notice how pissed off Sensei was when Phos uttered the word "Humans"? He knows far more than he lets on, I'm eager to see where that leads.
Yeah, it's a pity they didn't invest in any of the animation budget on him breaking table; the image afterward where they show it shattered in two is so dark and brief that you could blink and miss it. That said, i dunno that i'd say he looks pissed- certainly shocked, but not necessarily angry. He does drop the subject like a hot potato the moment Phos stops talking, though.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-13, 00:25   Link #102
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
Eh, it doesn't necessarily need to be either; Kongou is a parental figure to all them, so despite how super-shipper Dia might read things, it's probably just simple familial affection. Rutile is just old and stoic enough to be embarrassed by Phos's "childish" expression of it, while Yellow is old enough to have forgotten that feeling, so is elated when Phos reminds them.
That's actually what I meant in a way. I mean, imagine if it turns out Kongou is some kind of geode and he actually spawns them in some way....
Old 2017-11-13, 00:50   Link #103
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
That's actually what I meant in a way. I mean, imagine if it turns out Kongou is some kind of geode and he actually spawns them in some way....
...I'd say there's a "chip off the old block" joke here somewhere, but none of the gems seem all that close to him in temperament. It's actually almost a Peter Pan sort of vibe, where even the "old soldiers" like Yellow and Rutile still come off as somehow immature when compared to Kongou.

Edit: Might just be the uniforms. And the character designs. And the voice acting.
Old 2017-11-13, 02:03   Link #104
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Did you guys notice how pissed off Sensei was when Phos uttered the word "Humans"? He knows far more than he lets on, I'm eager to see where that leads.
No, not at all.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 15:36   Link #105
bakato

This is the episode I've been looking forward to. Slumber party!
Old 2017-11-18, 20:16   Link #106
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
This is the episode I've been looking forward to. Slumber party!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-18, 20:45   Link #107
Mistyclear

Good episode...and Bort you’re restless even in your sleep. I really do love these characters.
I’m curious how they’re going to end this series, it’s only 12 episodes long and we’re already on 7 and there is still so much that can be done with the series.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-19, 10:55   Link #108
drawr

At long last, the winter arc.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-20, 02:28   Link #109
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The floes look like ship masts....dunno if intentional or not
Old 2017-11-20, 11:29   Link #110
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The floes look like ship masts....dunno if intentional or not
Probably unintentional; I think they're meant to look like people, though Phos probably thinks they look like lunarians specifically because of the halo of spikes radiating from the figures' heads and the way the floes beneath resemble the cloud ships the lunarians ride.

Unrelated, but the bit about Alexandrite's name preferences got an inevitably awkward translation. The other gems' preferred nickname is 'Alexan.' Alex hates it because it sounds like 'Alex-san,' and adding -San to a sibling's name is almost bullying levels of distance, like 'I don't know this person,' so Alex requests to be called 'Alex-chan' instead, not because it's more feminine but because it's more affectionate.

That said I can't really think of a good way to convey this naturally, so they get credit for the effort.
Old 2017-11-25, 17:48   Link #111
Mistyclear

Antarc! I liked them too....
Weighed down by gold literally there Phos
Good episode as always though, though it’s tragic both for Antarc and Phos, whose lost memories and partner, Phos can’t catch a break.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 18:35   Link #112
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Man, the level of emotion from Phos was truly amazing, from fury to bitter frustration to grief. I really do have to give credit to Tomoyo Kurosawa for some terrific acting there. Lets hope Phos gets used to the gold arms but it looks like the rest of her brittle body could still hold her back, just like with her legs. Man would that be infuriating. Two great attributes but lacking a fundamental ability to make the most of the them.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 19:36   Link #113
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was rough. And could only get tougher on Phos in general. She's lost a good chunk of her body in a short amount of time here. Who knows how much of her very identity has been lost along with her arms and legs. She's getting stronger and has the potential to do some crazy stuff in the future, but the price could really be severe. Feels like she's only gotten further away from her earlier motivations towards Cinnabar.

A sad loss for Antarc as well. One hell of a fight there, but was just sniped when her guard was down. Rescue just couldn't make it in time. Was a good play story wise though to not only have Phos's desperate attempt fail, but even Sensei showing up couldn't make a last ditch rescue either. They both missed.

Rough times ahead.
Old 2017-11-25, 20:18   Link #114
SMT
*Artist

Wow just a wow episode. Easily one of the best episodes of the season for me.
The cinematography was awesome and animation was super fluid. They really upped their game here.

I love how the story progresses as well!
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 21:13   Link #115
moridin84
Custom User Title

God, Phos just cannot catch a break. She tries fails, bounces back, tries again tries again and fails again. Every time she fails she loses more memories. And now people are dying as a result too.

I thought that finally, things were going to work out but it didn't.

And even now with her new power... the more she uses it the rest of her breaks so she loses even more memories. And we don't even know what she's forgotten.
Old 2017-11-25, 21:57   Link #116
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
God, Phos just cannot catch a break. She tries fails, bounces back, tries again tries again and fails again. Every time she fails she loses more memories. And now people are dying as a result too.

I thought that finally, things were going to work out but it didn't.

And even now with her new power... the more she uses it the rest of her breaks so she loses even more memories. And we don't even know what she's forgotten.
In the preview, seems like she's a totally different person. Shorter hair, blank face... Maybe the tool for failing to rescue Antar...
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-25, 22:43   Link #117
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
In the preview, seems like she's a totally different person. Shorter hair, blank face... Maybe the tool for failing to rescue Antar...
... I did not realize that was her.

Probably why Diamond is back. To save her.
Old 2017-11-25, 22:48   Link #118
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
... I did not realize that was her.

Probably why Diamond is back. To save her.
Well, they're all back since it's spring. So the big nap is over !
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 05:26   Link #119
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Sad episode =0(.... The show really did a great job enamoring me to Antarcticite. Admittedly, the beginning sequence where she tries to apologize for not recovering Phos arms was very touching to me. She usually has a stern face, so seeing her beat herself up for letting Phos down made me endear her all the more(although, one would think Phos should be the one crying.... she did lose quite a bit of herself. I found that a bit amusing actually). So when she was taken, it was easy to empathize with Kongo and Phos in the same moment (T.T ). Guess we wont see her again, at least before the end of the season, if ever.

But a certain question remains in all of this; who, or what, actually took Phos arms?

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-26, 08:57   Link #120
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
But a certain question remains in all of this; who, or what, actually took Phos arms?
The implication is that they were ground to dust between the ice floes. The visibility in murky water under all that ice would probably be so bad that any pieces smaller than your fist might as well be "gone," because you are never gonna find them.

Tags
action, adaptation