AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-12-11, 13:22   Link #1601
LazyHunter

Episode 10 was good, only some minor exposition got cut. They cut the mention of the Iguazu Dam that will come into play later, but nothing really important overall. They also added Milinda trying to pole dance instead of continuing to eat unperturbed by the discussion. I loved the Bright Hopper's cockpit, it really adds to the snobiness of Halreed.

My only complaint is the continued screw-ups with Object's weapons. Now they had the Baby Magnum intercepting railgun shells and missiles using normal missiles and cannons. You know, instead of using the anti-air lasers the series repeatedly establishes as the best weapon for point-defense and that the novel states that she uses in that moment (then again JCStaff had the Rush destroying helicopters with its main gatling guns in what constitutes the epitome of overkill, so maybe after the first episode they forgot anti-air lasers exist). Baby Magnum also uses laser cannons to blow up the batteries instead of its plasma cannons. In fact, I think it hasn't used its plasma cannons once in these first 10 episodes. It's always cannons (either railgun or coilgun, who knows wtih those effects) and the made up bright blue laser beams.
LazyHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-11, 23:35   Link #1602
GotEffed2RageQuit
N.Kurogane x N.Vermillion

Anime is probably just for ads. So they didn't harder.

P.S. Good OVA mat.
Spoiler for V5:
Old 2015-12-13, 11:23   Link #1603
iceaco

I want to share a bit of my disappointment here..
I really love the anime, but it might be because I already read the novel.
But I just found out the ratings out there for the anime is pretty low. I was like 'oh kay, everyone has their own likes and dislikes right?'

Then I read some of the discussions and I can only sigh.. Some people are like 'DON'T watch this anime' or 'this anime is so boring, there's no action'

Oh come on.. Do you guys really watch it for the action? I personally watch it for the humor and the silly antics.. I'm just disappointed because the rating didn't reflect the series for what it is. It reflected action/mecha lovers who came, saw no gundam, and keeps on bashing on it..

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 12:19   Link #1604
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
I want to share a bit of my disappointment here..
I really love the anime, but it might be because I already read the novel.
But I just found out the ratings out there for the anime is pretty low. I was like 'oh kay, everyone has their own likes and dislikes right?'

Then I read some of the discussions and I can only sigh.. Some people are like 'DON'T watch this anime' or 'this anime is so boring, there's no action'

Oh come on.. Do you guys really watch it for the action? I personally watch it for the humor and the silly antics.. I'm just disappointed because the rating didn't reflect the series for what it is. It reflected action/mecha lovers who came, saw no gundam, and keeps on bashing on it..
Alright, I think the problem is a bit more complex than that. My take would be something like this:

The action is good, and there is a fair bit of it. The humor is also good, and also fairly prevalent but, here's the problem, the best of the antics are largely concurrent with combat sequences; Our Heroes being stupid during life-and-death combat. As a result, the portions of each episode with fighting are very good.

The problem, I think, is that the non-combat sequences don't come close to the same level as the action. There is some good non-combat humor, but a lot of the time is taken up with fanservice that's all over the map, and the one time they've tried to set up the politics and causes of a conflict (Australia) they bombed.

This gets magnified when, probably as a result of the episodic structure of the novels being adapted, we have episodes like 1 and 6 with no action, so the show's strongest point is absent, and nothing that really makes up for that, with the result being almost cringeworthy.

TL DR? Action is too much better than the non-action, so you miss it more than usual.
Heir of the Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 13:26   Link #1605
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah but it's bullshit to say there's "No action". When clearly we see every 2 out of 3 episodes on average is loaded with action, and even the intro episodes into each arc has a little something.

I've seen 'quality' comments like that around my expeditions into gaming forums and elsewhere (PS4 has no games!) hyperbolic statements are just drive-by postings not to be taken seriously.

In the end though less than a portion of them would ever contribute to the market that would determine the success of the series anyway.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 13:46   Link #1606
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Yeah but it's bullshit to say there's "No action". When clearly we see every 2 out of 3 episodes on average is loaded with action, and even the intro episodes into each arc has a little something.

I've seen 'quality' comments like that around my expeditions into gaming forums and elsewhere (PS4 has no games!) hyperbolic statements are just drive-by postings not to be taken seriously.

In the end though less than a portion of them would ever contribute to the market that would determine the success of the series anyway.
Yeah, I don't read/post much on gaming forums for largely that reason (though I also don't usually get stuff right at launch).

In any case, I think a lot of the complaints about Fallout 4 illustrate this perfectly; most of them are complaints that the graphics haven't improved enough, or people bitching that power armor was available almost from the start (ignoring the fact that it takes far longer to become practical even if you build a character around it from the start).

The problem may be that negative commentary attracts more attention than positive, and is also easier to justify and sound like you know what you're talking about; if something is good, everything is likely working well together, and none of it stands out, whereas it's easier to latch onto specific element and criticize it to sound erudite while being negative.
Old 2015-12-13, 20:33   Link #1607
GotEffed2RageQuit

Console graphic is s***. Wait for PC. Somewhat reasonable though.
LOL fault finding.

P.S.
Spoiler for loli:
Old 2015-12-13, 20:35   Link #1608
Heir of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotEffed2RageQuit View Post
Console graphic is s***. Wait for PC. Somewhat reasonable though.
LOL fault finding.

P.S.
I have the PC version; even with the graphics turned down, I stil didn't mind.

Also, what's the little sister side story? Is that available anywhere, because I seem to have missed it.
Old 2015-12-13, 20:39   Link #1609
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
This gets magnified when, probably as a result of the episodic structure of the novels being adapted, we have episodes like 1 and 6 with no action, so the show's strongest point is absent, and nothing that really makes up for that, with the result being almost cringeworthy.
Geh.. I'd rather steady stories like this than the tens of action anime out there which starts off exciting and then the latter half of the show took a nosedive.. But yeah now I can see what do people focus on :/

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-13, 20:42   Link #1610
GotEffed2RageQuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heir of the Void View Post
I have the PC version; even with the graphics turned down, I stil didn't mind.

Also, what's the little sister side story? Is that available anywhere, because I seem to have missed it.
Just sentiments from other boards. In a sense, mods + graphic cards, you know what I mean.

Untranslated. Yet. Though we'll prolly get it as part of a volume.

Spoiler for loli:
Old 2015-12-16, 02:48   Link #1611
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

And it almost escaped me but the Heavy Object x Index Collaboration short has had its final update with Parts 5-6 with the previous parts removed once more.

Ohoho and Lendy get their interaction with Kamijou in Part 5 and we get the conclusion in Part 6 with everyone who talked to Kamijou in all of the parts. Its a pretty funny conclusion. Kamijou was shocked by the details of the 4 World Powers in the previous chapters but in the end when he started talking about Academy City and all the shit he's been through, Quenser and Havia are the ones who get shocked.
Old 2015-12-16, 07:47   Link #1612
LazyHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
And it almost escaped me but the Heavy Object x Index Collaboration short has had its final update with Parts 5-6 with the previous parts removed once more.

Ohoho and Lendy get their interaction with Kamijou in Part 5 and we get the conclusion in Part 6 with everyone who talked to Kamijou in all of the parts. Its a pretty funny conclusion. Kamijou was shocked by the details of the 4 World Powers in the previous chapters but in the end when he started talking about Academy City and all the shit he's been through, Quenser and Havia are the ones who get shocked.
Spoiler for Index NT LN Spoilers:
Touma's perception is not always the most rational, like his concepts of "normal" and "normal high shool boy".
Old 2015-12-16, 08:15   Link #1613
GotEffed2RageQuit

Touman really had it rough, huh? Can anyone summarize the first parts?

P.S. Kids really should eat healthy foods.
Spoiler for cute:
Old 2015-12-16, 16:15   Link #1614
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHunter View Post
Spoiler for Index NT LN Spoilers:
Touma's perception is not always the most rational, like his concepts of "normal" and "normal high shool boy".
I'm starting to appreciate how this comedy works better is words than spoken out loud lol
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 19:47   Link #1615
Ab buster

1. Kamijou Touma's visit to another world
Kamijou "This time, I'm here in the parallel world of Heavy Object. I need a place to stay until I get back to Academy City. There's something in this world too right? A massive academy or underwater city-like giant community's lazy professorial mysterious thing that secretly tells you how to call the forbidden dragon! Hey the transfer student's here, he's calling the hurricane!! Hurry up and take me there! What. Are you going to say it was wrong that I wasn't a beautiful girl!? There's an enemy right there? What of some mid-boss without any foreshadowing! I've been fighting bare handed against Saints and Number 1s and all sorts of odd things, I'm not going to be surprised by some littl--- It's huge!? It's larger than a ten-story! What's that round monster weapon. Huh? It can't be destroyed by a nuke? It has a main cannon that can destroy another Object? It's like the spear and shield came all at once and what's going on!! It's called Old Virgin? That's a terrible name! That's not something your supposed to fight, let's run away!! I don't understand but I got that it's a dangerous situation! I'm just a high schooler, I don't want to die so take me somewhere safe!!"
*The spear and shield are from a Chinese story with a spear that can pierce anything and a shield that would not break.

A summary of part 1 that tries to keep the feeling of the original text.
Ab buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-17, 21:25   Link #1616
GotEffed2RageQuit

Number 1s? More than one Accel? Well tnx anyway.

P.S.
Spoiler for Ads:
Old 2015-12-18, 12:57   Link #1617
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

The shop page has been updated showing new collab key art with Mikoto and Milinda and I'm guessing the Web SS they've been releasing with Touma interviewing the HO Cast:
http://kamachi10th.dengeki.com/index.html#project23

They also seem to be hosting some Talk Session with Milinda and Mikoto's seiyuu.

Last edited by ACertainStark; 2015-12-18 at 13:14.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 15:03   Link #1618
LazyHunter

Spoiler for Episode 11:
Old 2015-12-18, 15:20   Link #1619
Dragon_Slayer_X

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Btw the infamous scene is coming up in the next episode............hope JC don't blow it out of proportion but i guess they will.
Dragon_Slayer_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 19:39   Link #1620
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

which infamous sccene we talking about here?
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, harem, legendary bikini armor, object, sci-fi, shounen