AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-05, 19:57   Link #2981
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Does Future Trunks still belong to the first universe as Goku and the others for being from another timeline? It would be entertaining to see Future Trunks as an opponent to Goku's team.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 20:08   Link #2982
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Does Future Trunks still belong to the first universe as Goku and the others for being from another timeline? It would be entertaining to see Future Trunks as an opponent to Goku's team.
well future trunks now is busy in "another timeline" having "babies" with the girl(forget her name) and i really doubt he gonna want something with goku timeline since again goku doing goku things ended screwing all future trunks timeline leaving him and the girl as the sole survivor and bring to they timeline "another zeno" to double the problem.

Honestly speaking i thing which F. trunks is done for, he get "his happy end" and not gonna appear too soon, specially when dealing with "this dangerous goku".
Old 2017-02-05, 21:34   Link #2983
Key Board
Carbon

other timelines are safe

at least until something like Time Space Tournament happens!
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-05, 21:46   Link #2984
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
lol Beerus had a point about wanting to destroy Goku with that sort of behavior.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-06, 07:17   Link #2985
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Only Chichi can handle Goku...
Old 2017-02-07, 15:06   Link #2986
chaos_animagic

apparently between ep 76 and 77, we got a 8+ month time skip... (also Vegeta and Bulma was going into Heat mode before that)

this series sure does like them time skips and instantaneous prego off-screens.

Anyways... was that game the Xen-Oh-sama was playing real planets? and they're literally just flickering the Planets into each other and it destroys the Planets? and they done it for 202+ times? that's 404+ planets...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 15:44   Link #2987
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Anyways... was that game the Xen-Oh-sama was playing real planets? and they're literally just flickering the Planets into each other and it destroys the Planets? and they done it for 202+ times? that's 404+ planets...
well this is happen when you have the "supreme power" and can both create an destroy life and have the mind of a "pure and innocent 8 years old kid which only want to have fun and is bored to hell and is playing with a copy of yourself, they are basically a more empowered version of what goku will be ending turning if he keep on his path of "i don't care about anything as long is for the sake of i have a "battle" with someone more strong.
Old 2017-02-07, 16:13   Link #2988
rladls2121

Then what Goku did was wrong to bring Future Zenoh to the current timeline one?
Because i thought what Goku did back then during Black Goku arc made no sense to me.

Zenoh wants to be friends with Goku, but Goku did not want to bother with him except when it benefits him.

Does being with your future self counts as a friend?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-07, 16:57   Link #2989
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rladls2121 View Post
Then what Goku did was wrong to bring Future Zenoh to the current timeline one?
Because i thought what Goku did back then during Black Goku arc made no sense to me.

Zenoh wants to be friends with Goku, but Goku did not want to bother with him except when it benefits him.

Does being with your future self counts as a friend?
yeah basically this was "goku doing gokus things" which normally ending screwing more the things, he really don't wanted to have zeno bothering him but since he made a promise and he don't like to brake his promises(only if for the sake of "battle"), he get the future zeno to present because he saw it as a perfect oportunitiy to "kill 2 birds with a single rock", he literally make things 2 time more chaotic since now zeno have as a friend someone which think and behavious exactly like him making him not have to regret or rethink his actions since the person close to him also want the same things.
Old 2017-02-09, 04:42   Link #2990
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
We got the usual Jump spoilers for the week, and it looks like we're
Spoiler for For this week:
Old 2017-02-09, 07:34   Link #2991
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Seriously though, the new arcs hero isn't Goku, its this guy
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
He even looks like a superhero
I wonder if we going to see him kicking Hit's ass before he face off against Goku.
Old 2017-02-10, 00:07   Link #2992
DemonneoPT

I was only able to see the last episode now and i have to say the new opening hype levels are over 9000
Looks like the next arc will be fun to watch. Let's hope the fights and the respective animation are somewhat decent to watch!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 04:11   Link #2993
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Man Goku is funny as $hit...

Why is this dude trying to get everyone killed? xD
Old 2017-02-11, 04:25   Link #2994
RDNexus

Thanks to that post, I think I've finally seen the light on why this series has been grating on me so much.

It's the 10-year-time of peace that's screwing this up...or reminding us of the hard truth...or funny truth, your choice

Goku has always been as childish as we can see now, but since DBZ didn't waste much time in the intermission times, we were only seeing Goku during the most serious moments, hence we barely seeing much of his childish side during those times and many fans seeing him as the hero that he might have never truly been.

During the DBS time, he's usually bored to hell, and when a chance for new challenges does come up, he doesn't think things through. In a sense, you could say his motive for not wanting to be revived at the end of the Cell Arc kind of rings true now, he's the one majorly bringing up trouble to everyone, in one way or another
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 07:48   Link #2995
Peanutbutter

Strictly speaking, come to think of it. Are dead people allowed for this tournament?

I reckon the Enma realm is classified as together with its individual universe, so it should have a say in this. Will be nice if U7 actually thought of this and thinks "Nah, we stick with the good guys."
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 08:46   Link #2996
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruki0089 View Post
Only Chichi can handle Goku...
Not at all , Just look at now ,
Vegeta was a heartless , cruel , power-hungry and sarcastic Psycopath who would not hesitate to destroy a planet full of people for his amusement .
But now he is a loving husband and father who decide to stay with his wife during labor rather then training even if Goku become stronger then him again.
He changed so much because of Bulma.

And there is Goku who lived his childhood on earth and learned the value of life.
Yet He selfish desire for fight has doomed the entire multiverse.
I guess , Goku should gotten a wife that stop him form being too selfish.
Old 2017-02-11, 09:23   Link #2997
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Thanks to that post, I think I've finally seen the light on why this series has been grating on me so much.

It's the 10-year-time of peace that's screwing this up...or reminding us of the hard truth...or funny truth, your choice

Goku has always been as childish as we can see now, but since DBZ didn't waste much time in the intermission times, we were only seeing Goku during the most serious moments, hence we barely seeing much of his childish side during those times and many fans seeing him as the hero that he might have never truly been.

During the DBS time, he's usually bored to hell, and when a chance for new challenges does come up, he doesn't think things through. In a sense, you could say his motive for not wanting to be revived at the end of the Cell Arc kind of rings true now, he's the one majorly bringing up trouble to everyone, in one way or another
Goku DBZ arguably Goku best incarnation, Goku reached his peak of maturity and charisma there, from dbz we brainwashed to see Goku as Japan Superman.
DBS Goku is his downfall incarnation.......the long peace and having powerful guys like beerus,whisd and zeno in his side turned Goku became spoiled brat now.

Beerus now has realized him being too lenient to Goku, he should changed his attitude to knock a sense to Spoiled boy Goku.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 10:07   Link #2998
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Goku DBZ arguably Goku best incarnation, Goku reached his peak of maturity and charisma there, from dbz we brainwashed to see Goku as Japan Superman.
DBS Goku is his downfall incarnation.......the long peace and having powerful guys like beerus,whisd and zeno in his side turned Goku became spoiled brat now.

Beerus now has realized him being too lenient to Goku, he should changed his attitude to knock a sense to Spoiled boy Goku.
not for me, goku DBZ aaswn goku "mucle brains" nature started to kick, i liked much more goku kid which was when he really was a good guy and fun, when he grow he just become a "battle hunger" doing mistakes over mistakes and only peoples which "love battles" loved him, for me nothing goona beat classic dragon ball goku he was the best, because that was when his "naive and innocence" made sense now he is just a "forced" naive and innocent guy which with all his experience he is not supposed to be so idiot like that but "muscle and bird brains", he just become the "testosterone guy for peoples which just love battles and badass guys all over the place, the downfall of goku started when he let "vegita go", that was the first time when his "selfish side or sayan side kicked and he started want to battle "strong guys" all over the place.
Old 2017-02-11, 10:23   Link #2999
RDNexus

Oh, please, Vegeta wasn't the first one. He had a rival in Krillin and Tenshinhan, and he also spared Piccolo, a deadly enemy at first.
Personally, I came to enjoy DBZ better than DB, and I watched the whole series as it aired on TV, here in Portugal.

There's where comes the dilemma with the story's setting. Toriyama originally wanted to make a new kind of Dr. Slump, but after seeing how popular the Tenkaichi Budokai was each time, the publisher asked Toriyama to go a more battle-oriented plot route instead of fantasy adventure...as far as I came to know through the net.

Still, I ended up getting more hooked on the DBZ part of the story than the DB part.
Maybe that's one of the main reasons why I'm not enjoying DBS as much as I enjoyed DBZ.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-11, 11:08   Link #3000
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Oh, please, Vegeta wasn't the first one. He had a rival in Krillin and Tenshinhan, and he also spared Piccolo, a deadly enemy at first.
Personally, I came to enjoy DBZ better than DB, and I watched the whole series as it aired on TV, here in Portugal.

There's where comes the dilemma with the story's setting. Toriyama originally wanted to make a new kind of Dr. Slump, but after seeing how popular the Tenkaichi Budokai was each time, the publisher asked Toriyama to go a more battle-oriented plot route instead of fantasy adventure...as far as I came to know through the net.

Still, I ended up getting more hooked on the DBZ part of the story than the DB part.
Maybe that's one of the main reasons why I'm not enjoying DBS as much as I enjoyed DBZ.
vegita was the first one which goku clear wanted to be "alive" to fight again because he was a strong enemie and it's make him happy and all bla bla bla with others not was like that he was "more normal", like he didn't kill young piccolo because he know it could kill his good side, vegita was the first time when goku started to be more "selfish toward his "fight side".

and that the problem aways ending on the "others peoples hand" changing the things if was just toryama he could keep the "dr. slump style" and still fine cuz db was super popular even before dbz, when dbz come it was like resident evil series whcih we get the fanbase divided between original and Z, many peoples loved DBZ but also many peoples still prefer db original.

this ended leading to super which is a "attempt to mix both DB and DBZ, but it's not perfect working as he wanted.

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy