AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-02-26, 15:31   Link #3161
grecefar

I wonder were universe 6 is in the ranking?, champa must be proud, he won against beerus this time.

not a bad fight, at least gohan it's starting to came back.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 16:30   Link #3162
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I don't care for the details. You can replace it with"Zeno or whoever is influencing him".
But it makes a great difference. If it's Zeno, it's implied there's no defeating him, he's the absolute power. If it's an Angel whispering in his ear, we're talking Whis-level of power. Definitely huge for our heroes as they are now, but at least supposedly finite. So the thing COULD end up being resolved with a fight.

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 17:05   Link #3163
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
But it makes a great difference. If it's Zeno, it's implied there's no defeating him, he's the absolute power. If it's an Angel whispering in his ear, we're talking Whis-level of power. Definitely huge for our heroes as they are now, but at least supposedly finite. So the thing COULD end up being resolved with a fight.
My point was that Goku was partially vindicated by the story in that he didn't cause all universes to be in danger as he was accused of but his behavior is still well warranting the criticism. In the end Zeno holds the final say since he will be the one doing the destroying. If grand priest is exposed, being friendly with Zeno will help. Besides, grand priest isn't Whis level. He is above him. Only the other angels will be relevant in such a conflict beyond Zeno stepping in.

The rest is idle speculation and of no value at the time.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 17:47   Link #3164
Peanutbutter

From the chinese subs I just watched, U1/U5/U8/U12 are exempted from joining this tournament. So only 8 universes need to participate. I'll imagine it's the usual whoever wins majority of their fights wins the match, last one wins the whole thing.

And read a comment saying that if anyone remembered, universes are in pairs, starting with U1/U12, U2/U11 and so on. So basically, The better universes, coincidentally, are the paired ones.

I can imagine U6 being just above U7 in this case, or U6 > U4 > U7 > U9.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-26, 18:45   Link #3165
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
From the chinese subs I just watched, U1/U5/U8/U12 are exempted from joining this tournament. So only 8 universes need to participate. I'll imagine it's the usual whoever wins majority of their fights wins the match, last one wins the whole thing.

And read a comment saying that if anyone remembered, universes are in pairs, starting with U1/U12, U2/U11 and so on. So basically, The better universes, coincidentally, are the paired ones.

I can imagine U6 being just above U7 in this case, or U6 > U4 > U7 > U9.
About the paired universes thing, sometjing tells me that at some point each of the competing universes will have to pair off with their "sibling universe", that way U6 and U7 will join forces to survive the tournament. I say this because it would be pretty shitty if U6 ended up being erased, especially after we learned that there are good Saiyans living there. Also, they just recently got back their Earth, Vegeta wants to visit Caba's home planet and that they are mostly on friendly terms since Champa and Beerus are twin brothers and as we saw they might fight but they care for each other on some level.
Old 2017-02-26, 19:08   Link #3166
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Besides, grand priest isn't Whis level. He is above him.
He may be stronger, but in general I'd imagine they're at least the same sort of power. So, basically, more than Beerus, who in turn is more than a SSJ God (and we don't really know about SSJ Blue or further powerups like SSJ Blue Vegitto).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 12:32   Link #3167
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

On the topic of Gohan, I thought they handled him well. A tie was a good compromise, it doesn't make him look too weak and at the same time it makes him realize he needs to get stronger.
Old 2017-02-27, 13:31   Link #3168
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Gohan ain't won a fight since the doggone Cell Jr.'s.... forgive me for wanting to see the once most powerful Z fighter get his first win in like 20 years...but no, Toriyama won't allow that, but he'll let Future Trunks beat up on Zamasu at SSJ2...Wasn't a good compromise to me...
Old 2017-02-27, 16:10   Link #3169
Random14

Hopefully the Super manga will fix that (just like with the Future Trunks fight) too. At least Gohan didn't lose- with this being an "expedition" match, I was expecting more losses, since the heroes always gotta be the underdog as much as possible (the universe ranking did that instead).

Funny how "benevolent" Beerus seems in comparison these days. While he's often a jerk, at least he's mostly neutral and can be reasonable (or easily bribed with food). Especially compared to the capricious and uncaring Zen-o and Grand Priest (and short of Super Dragon Ball wishing, no way to stop them as I don't think Goku and Vegeta have even gotten close to Beerus or Whis level yet).
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 16:31   Link #3170
rladls2121

Goku is still excited with this situation even after hearing the priest's explanation.
Just look at Mr. Satan, that's the reaction normal people would have.
Mr Satan of course keep it a secret to not to affect the other fighters, but that is not the case anymore.
Really, this kind of fighting tournament is not something to be looking forward to, but Goku is still excited because of the fighters he will be going against are really strong.
It is way dangerous tournament than Cell Games, as if these kinds of events to be called tournaments.
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 19:49   Link #3171
chaos_animagic

Interesting...

so... Universe 7 is apparently 2nd weakest out of all 12 universes...

Universe 1, 5, 8, and 12 apparently are over 7 in power scale while Goku is 3...

This means the other 4 universe that doesn't have to enter this Tournament is at least 2 times stronger than Goku (or 2 times more power, kinda like Goku in Kaio-ken Blue but times 2~4)

Guess Super Saiyan God isn't all really that Godly if the mortals of other universe are stronger than Gods... lol (but wait, if those mortals are God level, then what's their God's level?)

And yea, someone mentioned about Freeza... that might be it, he killed off most of the races that might have become a lot stronger, something like how Universes are suppose to have mirrors of each other, so some of the super strong races we're seeing might actually have been in Goku's universe if they were still existing and might have boosted up Universe 7's ranking.

Also, still think there's something up with Zenoh-sama, the kids are the strongest thing in all universe, but apparently have next to no knowledge about anything but just listens to the Great Priest explain stuff... something like all brawn no brain thing... (but with powers instead of strength)

Last edited by chaos_animagic; 2017-02-27 at 20:04.
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 22:04   Link #3172
The Green One

Remember when power levels once made sense? Yeah I don't either.
Old 2017-02-27, 23:31   Link #3173
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
He may be stronger, but in general I'd imagine they're at least the same sort of power. So, basically, more than Beerus, who in turn is more than a SSJ God (and we don't really know about SSJ Blue or further powerups like SSJ Blue Vegitto).
Beerus is still way stronger than Blue, as shown by when Champa isn't intimidated by SSB Kaioken or Hit's time skip. In any case, Beerus is stronger than he was suggested in the movie versions; most likely with the intent that they're not going to be on that level. That's probaly why they had the thing with Vegito not lasting long because the earrings are too weak.

But yes, people are going to auto-adjust to the plot as needed. As this is Dragon Ball I guess.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 23:40   Link #3174
sayde

Quote:
Beerus is still way stronger than Blue, as shown by when Champa isn't intimidated by SSB Kaioken or Hit's time skip. In any case, Beerus is stronger than he was suggested in the movie versions; most likely with the intent that they're not going to be on that level.
For the sake of supporting your point, I'm pretty sure Toriyama went on record during one of his interviews for basically stating this. In other words, Beerus and the other gods and angels are much stronger and he has no current intentions of Goku ever reaching or surpassing that kind of power. Granted, I'm not one to hold Toriyama to his own words forever. But I believe that for the foreseeable future, this will probably hold true.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 02:33   Link #3175
Nvis
Where are the good animes

How does SSB Goku Kaioken compare to SSB Vegito?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 14:51   Link #3176
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Anybody knows the release date of the second opening?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-28, 17:12   Link #3177
Blueknight78

i was thinking which based on what happened on the last episode, the "backslash" which akira must had get from the fans maybe anger for him to "focus too much" on "goku being a little evil" and not so "heroic must had hurt him to the point of he does that change in the plot to reduce goku "fault for what is happenning" cuz i remember some discuss and spoilers saying which every one was to blame goku and the universe 7 could be considered the "evil and villian" and we have a hero universe against the "evil goku universe", then now we get this "plot twist" trying to redem a little goku this must be a sign which really all akira efforts to make goku "look less good" really must had backslash him and maybe make he think which maybe he "went to far" in portrait all goku flaws to the point of make him look like almost a "evil person".

about gohan battle was really fun but again we need someone to "loose" to not make the other universe look so "weak.

now i'm looking for goku battle and how they will manage to make the 10 warriors strong enough to fight the others universes since the only universe behind then is the 9 and all the others being "above them" this means which everyone must get a "hurry power up". well honestly since it's a "shounen" "power levels means nothing in the end" and all matter is how much the writer want the main cast shine or the opponent shine.
Old 2017-02-28, 17:38   Link #3178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Interesting...

so... Universe 7 is apparently 2nd weakest out of all 12 universes...

Universe 1, 5, 8, and 12 apparently are over 7 in power scale while Goku is 3...

This means the other 4 universe that doesn't have to enter this Tournament is at least 2 times stronger than Goku (or 2 times more power, kinda like Goku in Kaio-ken Blue but times 2~4)

Guess Super Saiyan God isn't all really that Godly if the mortals of other universe are stronger than Gods... lol (but wait, if those mortals are God level, then what's their God's level?)
This isn't how it works. The Grand priest was talking about the average power level (and we're not even sure he's talking about that and not a sum of that + intelligence and whatever else) of mortals in their Universe, not that of their strongest warriors. Universe 7 as a whole is at 3, but Goku could be an 8, for example.

This is why Shin and Beerus argued. Beerus blamed Shin for not looking over/raising mortals properly, whereas Shin blamed Beerus for always sleeping and not doing his job which is destroying planets that bring the average down. I'm guessing Universe 6 is ranked above them because Champa does a better job and there is a planet full of Saiyans to bring the average up.
Old 2017-02-28, 17:46   Link #3179
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This isn't how it works. The Grand priest was talking about the average power level (and we're not even sure he's talking about that and not a sum of that + intelligence and whatever else) of mortals in their Universe, not that of their strongest warriors. Universe 7 as a whole is at 3, but Goku could be an 8, for example.

This is why Shin and Beerus argued. Beerus blamed Shin for not looking over/raising mortals properly, whereas Shin blamed Beerus for always sleeping and not doing his job which is destroying planets that bring the average down. I'm guessing Universe 6 is ranked above them because Champa does a better job and there is a planet full of Saiyans to bring the average up.
yeah champa looks much more active than beerus, this is why sometimes i don't understand wahy beerus could be more strong since he pass most of his time slack lazing around and sleep, if champ don't do the same then he was supposed to be or on some level or strong.

this is another problem with db, why some races don't need to keep "training" to keep they strengt like beerus, the only thing he really do is eat and sleep nothing more while goku and vegita are training like crazy to get close to his level and if they "stop of training" for a little they "rust and get weak" while beerus can slack all he want and never "rust" like then.
Old 2017-03-01, 11:43   Link #3180
azenable
President of TecoT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
How does SSB Goku Kaioken compare to SSB Vegito?
Incomparable.

X10 vs 300000000 x 2900000000
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, dragon ball z, shounen, super powers, tragedy