AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-08, 11:23   Link #41
nicky.
animesuki

Agreed that you cannot really tell what's going on in this thing so far. Regardless, still subbing to hear more; it has me interested.
nicky. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 11:55   Link #42
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Oh, that's nice
But what were those themes he talked about?
He watched the first three episodes, and says it's hard to explain what kind of genre this anime is (not to mention, when he watched them, it was still NDA time).

He muses a bit about certain works that connect users and creators, and mentions several approaches done in games recently, such as NIer: Automata, Persona 5, and Dangaronpa V3. He feels the series will carve its own approach, and also adds that he can't wait to see what happens in April and May.

Here's the link:

http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/index.html#26 (the part with Re;Creators is the second part of the post).
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 12:01   Link #43
RDNexus

That's quite nice, coming from the creator of the Fate Franchise

But since I know nothing about those games, I'm not quite fully getting about that "connecting users and creators" thing
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 12:15   Link #44
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post

But since I know nothing about those games, I'm not quite fully getting about that "connecting users and creators" thing
I'll make it easy with Nier Automata:

Spoiler for Nier automata spoilers:

I suppose that's what he meant with "connecting users and creators". The series is certainly taking a different approach from that particular game, that's for sure.

Right now, since they've been extremely tight lipped (to the point the voice actors at the Anime Japan event couldn't really say much) so every direction is possible, and I've seen a bit of speculation around already. Aniplex seems to have invested quite a bit on it as well.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 12:24   Link #45
drawr

I hope Nasu not being able to explain the genre by episode 3 is purposeful and not evidence of it being directionless...
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 12:50   Link #46
Fairy Water

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
is this anime the result of years long resentment towards Light Novel staples?

This could be very good or very bad.
this is exactly how I felt after ep 1
I think the plot development is fine even though it seems complicated because of all the chasing and dimention travelling.

What unhooked me was by the end of this ep, it gave me a Shakugan no Shana's vibe. And the girls staying with the protagonist feels like this guy is gonna have a super heroines harem which sounds really boring.

Another thing is the protagonist is really... irritating. The type of character has no will on his own and listen to everything others want him to do, a plot device I will never like.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 16:14   Link #47
kuromitsu

THAT IS NOT HOW GLASSES WORK. Hell, that is not how eyes work, period.

Seriously, what was with that??! It was so incredibly stupid. Did no-one who worked on the animation in that segment have eyes? Or at least any experience with wearing glasses? Did no-one say "wait, what are we doing? this is stupid"...??

Also, all those pretentious monologues, holy crap.

I don't even know why I watched this, I should've known it wasn't up my alley...
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 17:30   Link #48
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I liked the premise since I first heard of it, so I had some high hopes for this anime, and I wasn't disappointed.

Pretty good first episode, in terms of stage setting. I'm pretty excited to see what the show will do with the themes it's presenting.

Also that ED was damn good, best this season I'd say.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 18:24   Link #49
Wandering Soul

So far so good. It had good music and action, so I wasn't disappointed there. There are quite a few paths this show can go down with the themes it seems to be exploring, so I'm curious to see what the show does there.
Old 2017-04-08, 18:42   Link #50
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So far so good. It had good music and action, so I wasn't disappointed there. There are quite a few paths this show can go down with the themes it seems to be exploring, so I'm curious to see what the show does there.
Same opinion here. Although it has an interesting premise I went seeing this with low expectations, but it was quite good surprisingly. I always welcome original anime but since this one came from the same studio as Aldnoah Zero (it disappointed me a lot) i had my doubts. Let's see if it maintains the same quality as the first episode.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 19:01   Link #51
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
I let myself to disagree a bit. Firstly, I once met a interesting reasoning. What such being could do in order to make it's existence more intriguing? There is one: make himself forgot about being omnipotent and became mortar and limited. And I can see how it can be implemented here.

Also for me discussing about fate/predestination is completely pointless. Unless method to find out a future is known, then there is no way to check, if such thing like fate exist. Assuming, that God created everything, and was able to predict all of results, in my opinion it doesn't mean a free will do not exist. Being, which exists in such world, still make their own decisions basic on facts and reality known to him, and that matters.
Your thinking too small. A real omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent god/creator does not predict the future. They decided it. A creator creates EVERYTHING, including time which obviously does not apply to them and every event that happens. This is their omnipotence. They decide what they create and this makes them omniscient. How could you not know what you're making? You're a creator and there's a box. You know the box contains a teddy bear because you decided it contained one. You decided a girl put it in there and made it happen. You made everything so its only natural you know everything. This is omniscience.

In the case of this show, the authors are the creators and the stories they write are their creations. Stories don't write themselves. The authors decide the the story and write it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
I liked the premise since I first heard of it, so I had some high hopes for this anime, and I wasn't disappointed.

Pretty good first episode, in terms of stage setting. I'm pretty excited to see what the show will do with the themes it's presenting.

Also that ED was damn good, best this season I'd say.
That was the opening.
Old 2017-04-08, 19:13   Link #52
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Your thinking too small. A real omnipotent, omniscient, and omnipresent god/creator does not predict the future. They decided it. A creator creates EVERYTHING, including time which obviously does not apply to them and every event that happens. This is their omnipotence. They decide what they create and this makes them omniscient. How could you not know what you're making? You're a creator and there's a box. You know the box contains a teddy bear because you decided it contained one. You decided a girl put it in there and made it happen. You made everything so its only natural you know everything. This is omniscience.

In the case of this show, the authors are the creators and the stories they write are their creations. Stories don't write themselves. The authors decide the the story and write it down.
In this case, I'm not sure I agree that they create everything. Authors create a setting, but I've never seen an author put specifics to every single part of a world that they create.

Depending on where the author decides to go with it, we'll see exactly how omnipotent the creators are, and how real these characters are.

Quote:
That was the opening.
Is that so? Didn't realize.

Old 2017-04-08, 19:22   Link #53
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
In this case, I'm not sure I agree that they create everything. Authors create a setting, but I've never seen an author put specifics to every single part of a world that they create.

Depending on where the author decides to go with it, we'll see exactly how omnipotent the creators are, and how real these characters are.

Is that so? Didn't realize.
Alf said the same thing and I responded:

Quote:
Obviously, being brought to life gives them more free rein, but until that point they were part of a world of the authors' design. That's like saying books write themselves and that's not even true for crappy series for which authors don't even try to make consistent characters and plot. In the end, no one can truly escape their programming. The authors wrote everything, including the life-changing, life-defining moments that made these characters who they are and continue to be. Don't think for a moment they had a choice either, the authors scripted that too along with their personalities.

This story is about creations confronting their creators, who were omnipotent until the characters came to life. Even if you're trying to argue the blank periods in which the authors don't go defining their every thought and action, these fictional characters could not be anything besides what their creators decided they would be.

But now that you bring this up, I think I can see a way how this show could resolve this existential crisis. Now that the characters have free rein in the "real" world, they'll develop new characteristics and grow up beyond what their creators envisioned them to be. This point'll be moot though if they end up returning to their respective works.
Old 2017-04-08, 19:41   Link #54
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Holy shit this anime is fucking awesome and is now my favorite of the season!
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 19:59   Link #55
Darthtabby

Anyone else find that their impression of this one was much more positive before the after credits scene?
Darthtabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 20:54   Link #56
Magewolf

I would have a better opinion of this if it did not have the whole looking back on the events after everything is over story going on.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 21:07   Link #57
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Great first episode that sliver hair girl is just so awesome
Old 2017-04-08, 21:10   Link #58
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Hmmm... interesting concept. Reminds me of a joke I once made on another thread about Akemi Homura coming into reality and holding Urobuchi at gunpoint demanding a good end XD.

As for the anime itself, the premise is interestingly enough for me to keep watching for at least a few more episodes.

That being said, I hope they don't make the authorities from our reality completely incompetent or powerless (it seems that missiles and car crashes could theoretically hurt that villain girl seeing that she actually bothered to block them). It would be amusing to see a group of light novel authors and anime staff meeting with top JSDF brass in order to develop tactics against own creations.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-08, 21:11   Link #59
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Alf said the same thing and I responded:
Quote:
Obviously, being brought to life gives them more free rein, but until that point they were part of a world of the authors' design. That's like saying books write themselves and that's not even true for crappy series for which authors don't even try to make consistent characters and plot. In the end, no one can truly escape their programming. The authors wrote everything, including the life-changing, life-defining moments that made these characters who they are and continue to be. Don't think for a moment they had a choice either, the authors scripted that too along with their personalities.

This story is about creations confronting their creators, who were omnipotent until the characters came to life. Even if you're trying to argue the blank periods in which the authors don't go defining their every thought and action, these fictional characters could not be anything besides what their creators decided they would be.

But now that you bring this up, I think I can see a way how this show could resolve this existential crisis. Now that the characters have free rein in the "real" world, they'll develop new characteristics and grow up beyond what their creators envisioned them to be. This point'll be moot though if they end up returning to their respective works.
That's just one way the author could go with it. Take the Flash of Two Worlds for example, the author could that route and have the characters be real people and the authors be people who are physically receiving details of their life, or the author could go further with it and have their world be real, but the author manipulating their lives from our world.

Going to what you said about books writing themselves, as somewhat of an author and a student of literature, I can tell you that in a way books do write themselves. Once you've fully fleshed out a character, oftentimes you find that rather than you deciding what they do, you simply imagine what they'd do based on how you've written them. A thin distinction, but one that has meaning, especially in a series like this.

It all goes back to the question of how real these characters are exactly. Are they simply puppets receiving commands from their creators? Did they become real from the moment their backstory was fleshed out? How much of an effect will their mode of creation have on them? Will it just be existential shock? Or something more?

Old 2017-04-08, 21:44   Link #60
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Not the strongest beginning (the hell was with that first person view?), but I cannot ignore a show with a character for whom the phrase "she's pissed because she read doujins of herself" could actually apply On that note, I expect Selesia to check the R-18 section in not-pixiv soon

Also, I wonder if "creators" refers to the authors specifically, or rather, the whole modern society that created their media and the trends/tropes their stories follow. Personally, I hope its the second.

And I'm ok with the MC. He was even kind enough to let us know he's more of a witness to the insanity right away
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning