AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-09-18, 23:52   Link #2961
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Per NFL rules, aren't teams now required to sit out players diagnosed with a concussion for at least one game?
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 23:58   Link #2962
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I think that's about correct, but DJax was out for 2 weeks last year because of Dunta Robinson, right?

Anyway, Philadelphia will be the last place he wants to go to now.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 00:29   Link #2963
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Depends on the severity of the concussion. Aaron Rodgers suffered a concussion against the Lions last year and only missed one full game (against the Patriots). I believe that after sitting out the required game, the player has to undergo some tests; if it's failed, then he has to sit out another week and repeat the process the next week until he passes.
Old 2011-09-19, 14:37   Link #2964
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

God damn it. No Vick for the giants?! I hope VY will at least be active...

This freaking sucks. If Vick runs, he runs the risk of getting crunched by some huge linebacker. If he stays in the pocket, he runs the risk of getting crunched by some hulking defensive end.

I suppose Brady got it once with his ACL, but how come this never happens to Manning or Favre?
Old 2011-09-19, 15:11   Link #2965
GDB

Last report I saw said the Eagles aren't willing to declare him out for week 3, though neither willing to give a timetable. Are you sure there's a rule that they have to sit, and it's not just customary that they do so to be sure they're healthy?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 15:11   Link #2966
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I suppose Brady got it once with his ACL, but how come this never happens to Manning or Favre?
Better offensive lines?

Brady had forever to throw in yesterday's game against the Bolts. Rivers did, too. You can't have a quality offense without a quality O-line no matter how good the backs and receivers may be.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 15:48   Link #2967
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Last report I saw said the Eagles aren't willing to declare him out for week 3, though neither willing to give a timetable. Are you sure there's a rule that they have to sit, and it's not just customary that they do so to be sure they're healthy?
I just looked it up and an concussed player isn't required to miss a full game, but the test part is correct and it's specific and strict enough to where in all likelihood Vick is pretty doubtful to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
It has happened to Manning, that neck injury didn't pop out of nowhere. And Favre was a walking mummy during a couple of stages in his career and he was in the NFL long before the NFL when into it's "protect the QB and receivers" mantra that it has today.
Old 2011-09-19, 15:57   Link #2968
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Better offensive lines?
Colts have one of the worst offensive lines around. It's just that Peyton could read the defenses so well that he could adjust before worrying too much about hits.
Old 2011-09-19, 16:02   Link #2969
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Colts have one of the worst offensive lines around. It's just that Peyton could read the defenses so well that he could adjust before worrying too much about hits.
You didn't see the Bears play, did you?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 17:24   Link #2970
GDB

I said one of the worst, not worst.
Old 2011-09-19, 19:36   Link #2971
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I just looked it up and an concussed player isn't required to miss a full game, but the test part is correct and it's specific and strict enough to where in all likelihood Vick is pretty doubtful to play.

It has happened to Manning, that neck injury didn't pop out of nowhere. And Favre was a walking mummy during a couple of stages in his career and he was in the NFL long before the NFL when into it's "protect the QB and receivers" mantra that it has today.
Except...over 300 consecutive starts if you count playoffs. And Manning's neck injury...seems a case of wear and tear as opposed to getting smushed by a defensive end.

Seems our O-line is still shitty. Perhaps Philly's biggest strength is making something out of nothing--sure Vick and Shady can ad-lib and get creative when shit hits the fan, but it seems they're being forced to do that far too much.
Old 2011-09-20, 03:58   Link #2972
solomon

Am I the only one dissapointed with the new version of the MNF theme?

This one they had was much more fun;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9zPqgNGoEg
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 19:51   Link #2973
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Panthers stopped at the goal-line for the tying score two weeks in a row. Then Green Bay hits a 90 yard TD pass to end the game.

Fuck my life.

Cam played fantastic in the 1st quarter. 10/12 for 101 yards and a TD, and the Panthers were up 13-0. Then GB decided that that was enough of a points spot and woke up, forcing Cam into 3 INTs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters and scoring 23 unanswered points. After all that, the Panthers still had a shot to tie the game at 23 with 3 minutes left with a 3rd and 1 on the Packers 3 yard line, and the OC calls two pass plays that result in 2 sacks. More passing is good, but when you have two 1st round RBs, you use them. You don't make a rookie throw 46 times when you are not getting blown out.

Terrible play-calling.

Final stats for Cammy Cam Newton: 28/46, 437 yards passing, 2 total TDs (1 passing, 1 rushing) and 3 INTs. 53 yards rushing.

That said, based on these pass weeks, the Panthers should beat the Jags, but Any Given Sunday.

I need to disentergrate myself in hell seriously I'm ready for the rapture.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 22:45   Link #2974
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Well leave a spot for me since Vick's my starting fantasy QB, and Miles Austin is my starting WR, and they're both gonna be out next week most likely! To make matters worse I was up 132-123 with only Ahmad Bradshaw needing to tank for me to win...Well he tanked but STILL got 9 points that bastard, and for the first time ever I Tied! There's no tying in FFootball!

Oh and GEAUX Saints...Roman Harper NFC Defensive player of the week? LMAO...He's pretty good when you just blitz him every play...
Old 2011-09-21, 02:08   Link #2975
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
You didn't see the Bears play, did you?
Bears biggest flaw
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-21, 02:27   Link #2976
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Bears biggest flaw
To think, I attended the Bears home opener on Week 1. After that thorough beating of the Falcons, I had my high hopes. I didn't think the Bears would beat the Saints @ the Superdome. But, what I saw - it was embarrassing. The O-line problem appears to be even worse than last year. Sure, two O-line starters went down, but there's no depth?
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 02:46   Link #2977
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

On what happened in Week 2:

1. I only got to watch the Falcons - Eagles game in full. Very good game but what Dunta Robinson did was a disgrace. He does the same thing to the Eagles twice in one year?! He'd better get penalised in a very painful way. Hits like that are just not on.

Vick is under constant pressure because Philadelphia's line has some major issues. It's better than last year when Vick was ALWAYS under threat and had to leg it. This year he's been getting some time to stay in the pocket and receivers are getting protection post-catch sometimes. Plus McCoy is a genius at turning what seems destined to be a massive loss into a gain. Problem is, people know Vick tends to make mistakes if you blitz him from the left constantly. Atlanta did that and it causes Vick to be off-target just enough for the odd mistake to creep in.

2. Are the Seahwaks/Colts tanking to try at get Luck at QB? They're playing VERY suspect atm...

3. Are Buffalo as lucky as they are improved?! They complete two 4th down catches on their final drive. One two played before that was an interception but their receiver knocked it out of the defender's hands. As good as Buffalo were, they rode a truckload of luck...

4. Are Carolina destined to be like Buffalo were last year? They've been quite competitve this year but falling just short. Newton getting injured will not help their cause.

5. Well, Tony Romo managed to pull it off...

6. Surely Tennessee will win their division now that they have Hasselbeck at QB.

7. Kansas are looking rather weak.
Old 2011-09-22, 09:29   Link #2978
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
2. Are the Seahwaks/Colts tanking to try at get Luck at QB? They're playing VERY suspect atm...
Seahawks are just bad. If they're tanking, it's only because they started Tavaris Jackson at QB. For the Colts, it's been said for years that Peyton was the most underrated player in the game. This just proves it.

Quote:
4. Are Carolina destined to be like Buffalo were last year? They've been quite competitve this year but falling just short. Newton getting injured will not help their cause.
Probably. But it's actually beneficial for them if they keep games close but still lose a lot, as long as they keep their fans interested. This way they get higher draft picks next year and can turn those Ls into Ws, like the Bills are doing this year.

Quote:
6. Surely Tennessee will win their division now that they have Hasselbeck at QB.
Have you not seen Houston?
Old 2011-09-22, 10:42   Link #2979
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

3. Are Buffalo as lucky as they are improved?! They complete two 4th down catches on their final drive. One two played before that was an interception but their receiver knocked it out of the defender's hands. As good as Buffalo were, they rode a truckload of luck...
I'm reserving all judgment regarding the Bills till this week's game. That will be the true test of whether they're actually competitive or just beating sub-par teams. (I don't expect them to win either way, just hopefully stay in the game and not get totally run over).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-22, 10:55   Link #2980
ChainLegacy
廉頗

I hope they stay in it too. It'd be pretty rad to have so much competition in the AFC East.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports