AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-03-03, 10:39   Link #301
kagato3

There are definitely some inconsistencies with Kumoko's views. Blows off the bullying as minor, but sees herself as a loser. But is being bullied because she's so attractive that guys that she never interacts with have crushes on her.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 10:53   Link #302
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Being pretty and having low-self esteem aren't mutually exclusive.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-03, 10:54   Link #303
Tenzen12

I doubt that's the case. If you act as gloomy loner you will not be popular no matter how good you would potentialy look with make-up and form fitting clothes. Even if there was guy or two who would find her attractive, they would quickly give up after seeing how unsocial she is.
Old 2021-03-03, 12:04   Link #304
AC-Phoenix
Detective

So... Something I've been thinking about for a while now...
Let me set the premise first though...

Spoiler for Cut Manga content EP1:

So for my theory...:
This anime's story is actually set inside a matrioshka brain from the very beginning. I.E. none of them were rea within the anime's original world to begin with, and even if they ever were, their whole last life was just a simulation inside said supercomputer.
Or they were real and just switched to another simulation.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-03-03 at 12:19.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 12:25   Link #305
grecefar

From 15 years ago with the web, to the big reveal at the end how far our little spider has come...

Last edited by grecefar; 2021-03-05 at 13:17.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 12:45   Link #306
Marina2

A lot of info this week. This ep. pretty much confirmed that event of Kumoko side happened 15 years in the past. We also get to see how she looks like from human eyes.

My favorite moment is the scene where Kumoko tried to communicate with that black armor guys. That's so funny.

Also, RIP Mr. Hero and his party(?).
Old 2021-03-05, 14:06   Link #307
Estzero1

Not only did I get massive Seiya vibes with the abyss magic, I also like how they handle the mysteries. It does remind me of DAL and everything regarding Phantom, even though there are some different approches at work.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 20:37   Link #308
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

What happened to the ED? Did it get dropped in favor of more content during the closing credits? Just went back to check and make sure I wasn't dreaming, but it appeared in episode eight.

By the way, who is the girl with pigtails in the scanty outfit with a bunny of some kind? I always thought it was Wakaba, but the recent conversation has made me doubt that.

SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 21:14   Link #309
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
What happened to the ED? Did it get dropped in favor of more content during the closing credits? Just went back to check and make sure I wasn't dreaming, but it appeared in episode eight.
Well, they did compress 5 different LN chapters into one episode, though some were rather short.

Quote:
By the way, who is the girl with pigtails in the scanty outfit with a bunny of some kind? I always thought it was Wakaba, but the recent conversation has made me doubt that.
Not a reference to anything that I'm aware of. It's just to go with the ED lyrics at the time.

btw... how'd you all like the story telling device of the "voice of god" game voice indirectly telling you that your brother was dead? I always thought it was pretty interesting.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-05, 23:34   Link #310
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that did overtly confirm a few things. So the events we are watching with Kumoko are set 15 years apart from the human stories. All the characters were effectively 'born' at around the same time. And yeah...apparently Fei wasn't far off from being turned into Kumoko's lunch . Close call there...

Kind of ironic though that if things had happened differently that Fei and Kumoko could have been living in that same location and eventually crossed paths that way. But instead they didn't. And her webbing even ended up being turned into a hero's scarf .

And yeah, doesn't seem like there's any doubt there. The Abyss magic, spider threads, knowing who the hero's brother is, etc. Kumoko goes all the way down the Demon Lord path. No hesitation about starting up a war and killing the brother of a classmate. At the very least if it does bother her on any level it's not detectable. Of course a lot can happen in 15 years. Certainly an interesting direction for the story to go. Can have the main character be both the protagonist and the antagonist at the same time. Of course...good freaking luck to the human characters in this. She was already a powerhouse 15 years ago. I can't imagine how any of those characters can realistically stand up against her. Not that I'm actively pulling against our main character here. But Shun is going to need to go on a classic RPG level grinding journey to have even a prayer. I guess there's always the potential for Fei to rapidly go down the same path and help out that way?

Had a pretty fun bit with her struggling to communicate with that guy. Then came the smartphone from the administrator evil god . All of it ending with the voice of the universe letting Shun know that he's picked up a new skill...in the worst circumstance possible.
Old 2021-03-06, 00:01   Link #311
Strahan

-snipped, apparently we aren't allowed to reference media other than anime-

Last edited by Strahan; 2021-03-06 at 15:00. Reason: Someone cried about spoilers
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 00:17   Link #312
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
I'm confused now. I thought in the manga
Spoiler:
That is indeed confusing. The time skipping makes it hard to keep track of things... first I read about the demon lord and then the story offers ambiguous hints that results in more questions than answers.

BTW I like your avatar pic, that's one of my fav characters.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 00:26   Link #313
Strahan

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by it lol. I guess I'll just see how it unfolds.

Thanks. I was tickled to find an artist that drew her pre-haircut. The long hair was so much nicer. I commissioned the guy to draw another of her to use for my car's navigation boot screen, lol
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 01:40   Link #314
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strahan View Post
Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by it lol. I guess I'll just see how it unfolds.

Thanks. I was tickled to find an artist that drew her pre-haircut. The long hair was so much nicer. I commissioned the guy to draw another of her to use for my car's navigation boot screen, lol
I prefer to read the LN mostly BC you get more story for the price of the book. The ending of the 2nd LN talked about the demon lord meeting recently animated and there was one sentence which really made it confusing given how the current demon lord is depicted. Its like the twilight zone, just enjoy the twists but don't read too much into them as they will mislead or confuse you every time.

I have some sort of idea of who the demon lord could be but it's near impossible to guess as they keep adding contradictory info or coincidental stories.

My current avatar is one of 3 favorites, Mizore and Yona top the three but none are 2nd or 3rd. Her long hair was also nice but short is just as nice.
Old 2021-03-06, 02:07   Link #315
Thor's Hammer

I'm pretty sure the current day Demon Lord is Wakaba given the spider webbing and her knowing that killing Julius would bother Yamada aka Shun. Who else could it be?
Thor's Hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 02:39   Link #316
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor's Hammer View Post
I'm pretty sure the current day Demon Lord is Wakaba given the spider webbing and her knowing that killing Julius would bother Yamada aka Shun. Who else could it be?
I have the same feeling but if its her then why did she choose that path and when was it. The question is who might the previous demon lord be If it wasn't her initially. The spider threads do make a hint to the identity but I've spoiled ahead to an extent so that info is conflicting with what I read up to so far.
Old 2021-03-06, 02:42   Link #317
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

epic battle with the fire dragon. Kumo levelled up a lot.

and finally, she finally able to talk with someone.. the mysterious D.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 03:45   Link #318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
I have the same feeling but if its her then why did she choose that path and when was it. The question is who might the previous demon lord be If it wasn't her initially. The spider threads do make a hint to the identity but I've spoiled ahead to an extent so that info is conflicting with what I read up to so far.
Maybe the Demon Lord is a puppet of some kind, and Kumoko's pulling the strings?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-06, 04:27   Link #319
Tenzen12

Either way they have different VA. Kumoko is Aoi Yuuki and Demon Lord is Sumire Ueasaka.
Old 2021-03-06, 05:12   Link #320
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Either way they have different VA. Kumoko is Aoi Yuuki and Demon Lord is Sumire Ueasaka.
Was the voice actress for "creepy girl" from that flash back episode listed in the credits?