AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-12-26, 04:52   Link #201
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^I'm 27 hours into the game, and i must have at least 20 favourite BGM pieces. Damn you Nintendo with your no release date for the soundtrack. It's Twilight Princess all over again.
Old 2011-12-26, 05:37   Link #202
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
^I'm 27 hours into the game, and i must have at least 20 favourite BGM pieces. Damn you Nintendo with your no release date for the soundtrack. It's Twilight Princess all over again.
Uh... really? The soundtrack came with my game, and I never preordered it. The case was specially made to hold both the soundtrack disc and the game.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-26, 06:19   Link #203
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Uh... really? The soundtrack came with my game, and I never preordered it. The case was specially made to hold both the soundtrack disc and the game.
Are you sure you're not on about 'The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary Symphony CD' that was released with copies on the game?
Old 2011-12-26, 16:24   Link #204
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

The swordfighting in this game isn't 1:1 at all. The game just reads your movements to decide which of the eight directions to strike in. What a disappointment. Still waiting for a full-fledged game based on the swordfighting game of Wii Sports Resort.
Old 2011-12-27, 22:22   Link #205
Simonsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
The swordfighting in this game isn't 1:1 at all. The game just reads your movements to decide which of the eight directions to strike in. What a disappointment. Still waiting for a full-fledged game based on the swordfighting game of Wii Sports Resort.
I feel lits closer to 1:1 than 8 pre-set directions. There are plenty of times where my swing isn't vertical, yet its not diagonally enough to hit the way I needed.

If it is pre-set things and not 1:1 it is more like 32 pre-set movement. But really go and put the game in and move your hand around slowly, twisting it and so on. Even when you swing, the blade is ANGLED the direction you had it. So it will look like you cut them by the blade or the flat of the blade.

I haven't played resort, so can't comment on that, but the only fault I found in skyward sword was someimes I would want to QUICKLY do a diagonal bottom left to upper right swing, BUT my sword would be angled to the right at the moment. And thus when I woudl quickly try and angle it how I wanted to before i would swing, i woudl do it too fast and it would do a horizontal swing first.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-17, 19:49   Link #206
cyberdemon

Skyward sword is being getting an hd version for the switch
Old 2021-02-23, 18:41   Link #207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Kind of figured they would release an HD version on the Switch eventually. It was just a question of when and how they'd be handling the controls. Not sure how the button controls will handle for this, but it is a good and necessary move to have them in there.

Skyward Sword was a good game. I haven't played it of course since that one time on the Wii. But I'm looking forward to this. Will be a good chance to go through that game once again and hopefully the motion controls with the joy-cons really make the combat work nicely.

Not sure if I'll get it Day 1 or not. But, I'm glad to hear the announcement.
Old 2021-02-23, 19:03   Link #208
cyberdemon

Agreed. I liked the game a lot. I likely won’t use the handheld controls much but it was a good option. Now to hopetwilight princess, my favorite Zelda game, and wind waker are coming as well.
Old 2021-02-24, 03:42   Link #209
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kind of figured they would release an HD version on the Switch eventually. It was just a question of when and how they'd be handling the controls. Not sure how the button controls will handle for this, but it is a good and necessary move to have them in there.

Skyward Sword was a good game. I haven't played it of course since that one time on the Wii. But I'm looking forward to this. Will be a good chance to go through that game once again and hopefully the motion controls with the joy-cons really make the combat work nicely.

From what I hear, the sword swings/motion control will be handled via the right nub.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 04:32   Link #210
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

I purchased Skyward Sword and began to play it way back to spring 2018 and managed to complete the game by the next month, however, it isn't amongst my favorite Zelda games.
There are many points in the game that takes long, way, way long to reach the temples. One example is returning to Faron Woods in order to access Lake Floria to reach the Water Dragon so to enable the passageway leading to the Ancient Cistern.

Gosh! I was freaking out with exasperation pondering when I'll be reaching the temples.

Basically, you revisit the same 3 areas in order to complete different missions to advance the game storywise and mechanics, however, precisely because you have to revisit the same places over again it gets quickly redundant and monotone.

Thank God, Nintendo learned their lessons from that game and created a whole dimension of experience by making Breath of the Wild to open exploration not bounded by specific locations or entrances and allowing the players to play and feel for different experiences by doing different things even if they have to revisit same locations but adding layers of something new to encounter at each visit.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-24, 04:43   Link #211
Shadow5YA

Personally, I'd wait until I hear more details about the improvements. The base game has plenty of issues that I'd rather not play through again, like Fi's frequent badgering, the game's frequent dialogue boxes for every item you acquire in the game after a fresh load, having to fight The Imprisoned three times...
if none of those are addressed, I'd rather sit this one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
From what I hear, the sword swings/motion control will be handled via the right nub.
This function was already possible, albeit unofficially through an emulator mod. So it was always possible.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy