Old 2008-10-07, 10:21   Link #1823
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Looked pretty even to me.
Old 2008-10-07, 10:23   Link #1824
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Pink overload.

Hinagiku, since I decided that a final rematch would be really epic.

Never forget
Old 2008-10-07, 10:30   Link #1825
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverFunk View Post
I don't think we've ever had that before, had we?

Hinagiku today.
Old 2008-10-07, 10:41   Link #1826
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Pink overload.

What if they meet in the semi-final instead of the final?

Or is it already decided that they are in separate halves?
Old 2008-10-07, 10:54   Link #1827
pomps
グ~…

That's next round, we don't know if they meet in the semi-final or not, but we know for sure that if Hina loose, there will be no Hina-Shana rematch.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:04   Link #1828
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
What if they meet in the semi-final instead of the final?

Or is it already decided that they are in separate halves?
there's a 33% chance that they would meet in the semi-final. That's less than 50, so we're good to hope, but remember that Suiseiseki and Shana met in the semi-finals thrice, twice thanks to Korea and their random methods.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:13   Link #1829
jk736

Quote:
Pink overload.

Even if Hinagiku wins here (it is quite possible) the final rematch is unlikely to happen. Many of the voters want a new face in the final so the realistic rematch scenario is the rematch at the semifinal. Then probably Shana will win, for several reasons. Basically the majority do not want to see Hinagiku to win two in a row, whether it is fair or not.

Akari probably has a better chance to win it all, but that doesn't mean Akari is ahead in this match. This is not final, just a round of 8, so many who do not want Hinagiku to win it all will still vote for Hinagiku. It is quite ironic, right? They know they want to vote against her at some stage, but they still vote for her until that time comes.

In the Korean forum, they are intensely debating these kinds of "anti-winner attitude" and the fairness of "blog rush". Well.. I am tired of all that meaningless words. Just vote for someone you like. Wasn't that the first idea of this tournament?
Old 2008-10-07, 11:15   Link #1830
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk736 View Post
Even if Hinagiku wins here (it is quite possible) the final rematch is unlikely to happen. Many of the voters want a new face in the final so the realistic rematch scenario is the rematch at the semifinal. Then probably Shana will win, for several reasons. Basically the majority do not want to see Hinagiku to win two in a row, whether it is fair or not.

Akari probably has a better chance to win it all, but that doesn't mean Akari is ahead in this match. This is not final, just a round of 8.
Given that it's a random generator, I highly doubt that, but organizers have overturned the random generators in the past, so you may be right.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:24   Link #1831
jk736

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Given that it's a random generator, I highly doubt that, but organizers have overturned the random generators in the past, so you may be right.
I am just saying that there is a negligible chance that both wins the semifinal to meet at the final. If you think it is possible, you are underestimating those "anti-winner" attitudes. Even Shana, who never won the main tournament, may likely to lose in the final, whoever the apponent is, just because.. they want a new face. For Hinagiku, I cannot see a scenario she wins it all.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:44   Link #1832
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I think you're overestimating anti-winner attitudes. I really can't see Horo beating Shana in the final, should they meet; anti-winner votes or otherwise.
Old 2008-10-07, 11:50   Link #1833
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk736 View Post
I am just saying that there is a negligible chance that both wins the semifinal to meet at the final. If you think it is possible, you are underestimating those "anti-winner" attitudes. Even Shana, who never won the main tournament, may likely to lose in the final, whoever the apponent is, just because.. they want a new face. For Hinagiku, I cannot see a scenario she wins it all.
I actually have to agree with you on the most part. Having a championship already under your belt makes you a prime target, and really with many voters having more than one favorite, they tend to try to spread the wealth a lot. Suiseiseki may have two championships, but never has there been a two-time champion who won their championships in separate years. But given that the hardcore voters who follow Saimoe contests quite a lot are mega-obsessed with the concept in general (I'm one of them), they want to see history being made.

I highly think that given current circumstances, Shana may be able to win her second championship here. She has had experience with the remaining candidates, save Akari, and we know at least what the international percentage of the votes will be. Will Korea overturn them, most likely, but given that there's a lot of Shana love, and the fact that she has about... 5, maybe 6 Top 4 finishes, you have to like her chances here.
Old 2008-10-07, 12:42   Link #1834
jk736

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
I think you're overestimating anti-winner attitudes. I really can't see Horo beating Shana in the final, should they meet; anti-winner votes or otherwise.
That will be a close call. I do think Shana has some chance, depending on how things unfold. Anyway.. Shana is not a winner of this tournament. Hinagiku is a different story.
Old 2008-10-07, 13:28   Link #1835
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

I agree that Hinagiku probably won't go back-to-back, but I don't think Shana's Super Best Moe victory will deter her much in this tournament. I would say if Akari can beat Hina, she can be called the favorite, with Shana and Kyou close behind.
Old 2008-10-07, 13:44   Link #1836
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

if Hina wins, then Horo wins everything, if Akari wins, then either Horo or Akari win everything....unless they meet in semifinals....in that case Shana wins it all if she beats Kyou (if she goes against her)
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-10-07, 14:35   Link #1837
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Group 4: Akari Mizunashi

I'm fine with either one.

Blog entry
Old 2008-10-07, 17:06   Link #1838
todkapuz
Seiza + Katana = Ai-daiyo

wow, haevnt participated in awhile, come back and its Akari vs Hina .... how evil is that.... I dont know if I can even vote in such a match....

I guess Hina will have to steal it from me today.. a little sad to see Rika lost to the fun Ookami... but it is nice to see that ookami doing well... shana vs nagi must have been fun.

now back to your regularly scheduled thread comments.
Old 2008-10-07, 17:11   Link #1839
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
G4: #2 Hinagiku Katsura > #98 Akari Mizunashi.
-Waifu, waifu.
Old 2008-10-07, 17:13   Link #1840
Dansen
U-u-u-aua

Voted Akari

Tags
k-moe, saimoe