AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-10-15, 06:18   Link #161
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
There's one thing that bothered me about dungeon. First of all, in the earlier chapter we've seen that the first dungeon that appeared was about 14 years ago.. and someone who managed to beat it came out with a certain blue djinn that carried out his treasures. But then there's this legend with the kouga clan that said long ago a magi appeared, spawned a dungeon and made their clan prosper because of it...

The way granny said it, I don't think it's within the timeline of this 14 years since the first dungeon appeared.

I think I misread some information somewhere.. but it's confusing me for quite some time.
I am speculation that we are in new are when "first" dungeon (of this era) created. Kouga one probably referring to old era magi

I wondering how old this era is. loli magi said to life for 200 years. so probably more

and how the define end and start of new era? is it when every magi is dead?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 08:18   Link #162
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Obviously he's still weaker... he's only recently made it to their level.

As for who'd join his cause... He's the type of person whom for the longest time, had kept the dark secret of her mother's betrayal in his heart, never revealing it to even his beloved sister. His 'household' vessels is a clear personification of that, imo, in that he has chosen to be the lone dark avenger.

Even his revelation of his intention to Sinbad, was clearly done out of respect and acknowledgement of Sinbad's unparalleled ability, and an understanding that he needs some form of support to achieve his ambitions. I think that if Hakuryuu had a choice, he'd never want to involve anyone but himself in his mission, but destroying an empire... is not that simple.

He wants to carry a weight that is far and beyond his own capacity... and it's killing him because he's well... as aohige put it... tofu. He doesn't have the mental steel to do it because he's... soft-hearted isn't the best way to put it, but he's definitely not as strong as he wants to be.
He's being utterly foolish and blind, thinking he has no allies against Al Sarmen... when in fact, the Kou linages aren't exactly puppets to the Witch and her organization. He has plenty of potential allies within his own families, if he BOTHERED to actually be patient and investigate.

But alas, the boy is a brash, desperate fool.
Old 2012-10-15, 09:08   Link #163
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
He's being utterly foolish and blind, thinking he has no allies against Al Sarmen... when in fact, the Kou linages aren't exactly puppets to the Witch and her organization. He has plenty of potential allies within his own families, if he BOTHERED to actually be patient and investigate.

But alas, the boy is a brash, desperate fool.
The fact that it's his mom ( being the evil queen bitch/Al-Sarmen ) definitely tinted his views of the rest of his family. If not even his mom, why the sons of the person who benefited from her actions?

It probably never helped that the Kou family are inspired by the imperial chinese dynasties... familial bonds are clearly not a big thing even among the siblings, much less the cousins. And the fact that the Kous are not exactly the most peaceful people around, being conquerors.

Honestly, another part of the problem is that even if he bothered to be patient and investigate... he probably couldn't trust them.

Spoiler for yeah, I couldn't wait and blitzed through the translations at MH:

Shit, Hakuryu's going through the worst phases of Reinhard/Lelouch, except that he literally has no one else other than Hakuei.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 10:10   Link #164
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
I am speculation that we are in new are when "first" dungeon (of this era) created. Kouga one probably referring to old era magi

I wondering how old this era is. loli magi said to life for 200 years. so probably more

and how the define end and start of new era? is it when every magi is dead?
Yeah considering that all the magi seems old (well, at least older than 14) it makes things rather..odd. Maybe one era means the time where all 3 magis had appeared/born in that time, which then they'll spawn new dungeons to choose their kings. Since the 'first dungeon' appeared 14 years ago, it might means that it's the time where Judal first born into that world or matured as a magi.

..or heck, maybe the magis just spawned those dungeon based on their random whims and mark the beginning of their first dungeon summoning since hundred years or so as new era

Also speaking of the new translated chapter... damn I forgot how beautiful Hakuei was in this manga

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 15:30   Link #165
Meepy
stupid & obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I'm still looking for the particular extras that had Yamuraiha drinking herself down over boyfriend problems as well as some Sharkann/Pisti interaction...
Here we are, if you're still looking;
http://wish-full.tumblr.com/post/220...translation-14

Man, the extras are great.

I don't have much to contribute to the current conversation besides wow, I am so hyped for this next arc.
Meepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-15, 18:05   Link #166
Kazu-kun

So I've got the feeling that buzzing Kogyoku feels inside her head is most likely some subtle mind-controlling that Sinbad put there when they had that sparring fight back in Sindria.

If that's true, Sinbad's true colors are starting to become even more obvious.
Old 2012-10-15, 18:13   Link #167
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Oh man, so many Kou faces, I don't know which one to side with . It seems that only the girls, cept for that crazy ass looking mother, seem to be the only legit ones.
Old 2012-10-16, 02:59   Link #168
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, Kouen's got his king mentality down, no crazy revenge or world destruction plans...just domination, for world peace! Their mother sure looks happy while holding her deceased husband's deformed hand...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 03:34   Link #169
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

http://mantan-web.jp/2012/10/16/2012...00008000c.html

This just in - right after the anime episodes aired, Magi sales already jumped massively by 50%, reaching 6.5 million copies sold total! (up from 4.4 million copies just weeks ago)
Hot damn, it's well on is way to stardom... already!
Old 2012-10-16, 03:36   Link #170
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Jeepers. What could be their secret to their success?
Old 2012-10-16, 03:48   Link #171
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Sunday Five PM Anime slot magic, of course.
The FMA time slot miracle. The slot known for turning so-so-successful manga series into megahits.

Ao no Exorcist went from 1 million total sales to 7 million after the anime series finished.
If Magi got increase of 2 million in just two weeks, boy, I wonder how high it's gonna get in the next half a year as the anime series progress!

Last edited by aohige; 2012-10-16 at 13:50. Reason: oops
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 03:49   Link #172
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Sunday Five PM Anime slot magic, of course.
The FMA time slot miracle. The slot known for turning so-so-successful manga series into megahits.

Ao no Exorcist went from 1 million total sales to 7 million after the anime series finished, and currently sitting at 10 million.
If Magi got increase of 2 million in just two weeks, boy, I wonder how high it's gonna get in the next half a year as the anime series progress!
That works. I was hoping for someone saying, ah it's (insert favorite character here), but the technical stuff is interesting too.
Old 2012-10-16, 06:43   Link #173
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
The anime could be the next DBZ (hopefully)
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 06:44   Link #174
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
The anime could be the next DBZ (hopefully)
it maybe popular but no way that popular

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 12:35   Link #175
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Could definitely be the next FMA though. Lots of material to work on creation, world setting and character development, as well as a strong cast to support the events that play out.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 17:16   Link #176
Key Board
Carbon

I'd say it's the next Avatar: Last Airbender
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 17:18   Link #177
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'd say it's the next Avatar: Last Airbender
The first series though.
Old 2012-10-16, 17:26   Link #178
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I'm hoping it will become the next Shounen powerhouse, gonna need more than one anime season for that though.
Old 2012-10-16, 19:19   Link #179
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
http://mantan-web.jp/2012/10/16/2012...00008000c.html

This just in - right after the anime episodes aired, Magi sales already jumped massively by 50%, reaching 6.5 million copies sold total! (up from 4.4 million copies just weeks ago)
Hot damn, it's well on is way to stardom... already!
That's amazing. Hopefully it guarantees another 2 cours down the line .
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-16, 22:23   Link #180
XFire
150% done

Reaction to 147 enclosed below.

Spoiler for slightly hysterical:

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen