AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-05, 02:13   Link #161
marvelB

^Man, I'm sorry you feel that way. As I said in the anime thread, I personally have no real issues with the adaption (I actually prefer that they're following the game's plot closely, but I guess I'm in the minority here). As far as the negative comments go..... well, I tend to ignore them, heh. But I guess this just goes back to what I said in my previous post about obscure franchises becoming popular. Still, you shouldn't let those Debbie Downers get you.... well, down. As long as you still enjoy the franchise, then those comments shouldn't be any big deal, really. Lord knows I've had more than my fair share of encounters with those types, after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I finished the first recently, and in the process of looking up stuff for it I ended up spoiling myself for the second (thanks youtube). Really hope I forget it all by the time the patch comes out.

Yeah, it's strongly recommended that you refrain from any DR-related searches on youtube if you want to abstain from spoilers. Actually, that goes for Google as well, for the most part. I guess the anime might be fair game, but even THAT could become risky in due time (if it already hasn't, lol ). My suggestion would be to check out forums like here instead for news instead of hunting down info on your own, only to stumble upon some super-spoilerific tumblr post or something.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 02:20   Link #162
Huntea

Anyone wanna recommend a game like this? Prefer PC/PSP

Finished this game in 11 hours straight.
Huntea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 04:27   Link #163
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
</drama queen mode>

Anyone else think the translation team killed the anime for the Western fans?

>2ch/Douga sites
"Oh man this is nostalgic, the VAs (Note: Maizono's Kirby in Japan, and Celes was Momo in Tama and Friends, and of course Doraemon etc.) and the BGM and everything. Brings back nice memories of when I cleared the game 2 years ago."
>4chan
"Lol it's so similar the game that it's a rip off and the game's superior in everyway anime's a shit, now I wish they did not follow the game so it's more interesting."

YES I take 4chan to represent Western fans because I think it has a population bigger than here + MAL + ANN combined; besides, I have the feeling that people who experienced the game aren't that supportive of the anime here anyway besides a few people like marvelB etc. Meanwhile my current roommate who has never seen an anime in his life said the episode's pretty interesting when he watched the Chinese sub with me (speaking of which where's English sub? He probably would have a much easier time reading that instead ...), and that Maizono's cute but probably evil; his only complaint is that he can't memorize the names but at least he can identify them by their characteristics. He would probably keep watching it with me until he has to go back to England in a month's time or so.

Hence the conclusion in the introduction </insert this-is-why-we-can't-have-nice-things.jpg here>
Sigh, I will probably follow this series elsewhere; this is utmost disappointing because I got interested in the series here. I can't help but feel people would enjoy it a lot more if they never played the game now (kinda like nobody actually read the novel for Horizon so I don't have to deal with idiots saying how the anime team killed all Kawakami's "personal touch" during season 2).
Shit, I knew you were there based on that japanesefag who always talk about 2ch They always find a way to shit on everything though, so it's no wonder they did that. Even without the translation I'd reckon they'll still find a way.

Quote:

Well there's Phoenix Wright that I could think of.. but it's for DS Others said that it could be played using emulators though, so you might play it using a PC

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:19   Link #164
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
"Lol it's so similar the game that it's a rip off and the game's superior in everyway anime's a shit, now I wish they did not follow the game so it's more interesting."
Are you freaking serious? People are saying this?

Argh, I give up. I officially don't get people anymore.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 14:22   Link #165
Shadow5YA

Quote:
>4chan
I wish the DeSu2 anime was as close to its game as this anime.

I do admit it's sort of a weak intro from a narrative standpoint because we aren't given enough time to get acquainted with the cast (especially Maizono who needs to be developed before the next trial happens), but I can't fault the studio for the lack of time.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2013-07-05 at 15:46.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-05, 15:55   Link #166
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntea View Post

Aside from the aforementioned Ace Attorney series, there's also the Zero Escape games (999, Virtue's Last Reward). I've only played the former so far (haven't played the sequel yet due to the lack of a Vita or 3DS), but I can say that it is quite good.
Old 2013-07-05, 18:06   Link #167
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Zero escape games are more of puzzles than mystery solving though But then again, the mystery in that game were all quite shocking and fun to speculate while playing the game, so it's kind of good choice too.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 17:42   Link #168
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Just to let you guys know: the Vita version of Danganronpa is coming over stateside via NIS America.
Old 2013-07-06, 18:16   Link #169
marvelB

^Crap! You beat me to it!

But yeah, this is great news! Though this does bring up the question of what will become of Oren's LP (unless he's the one translating the overseas release, then it's all good, lol ).
Old 2013-07-06, 18:31   Link #170
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Just to let you guys know: the Vita version of Danganronpa is coming over stateside via NIS America.
Just to make it clear, it's only the first game that's coming over, which I find is an incredibly odd decision. But still, great news all around!
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 18:36   Link #171
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

....It's not going to make it before the Anime is up isn't it
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-06, 18:53   Link #172
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
Just to make it clear, it's only the first game that's coming over, which I find is an incredibly odd decision.

Yeah, they're probably just doing the original first to coincide with the anime, then release the sequel a year later or something (which will most likely also have an anime adaption around that time). At least, that's my guess.

Also, apparently NIS is using their own translation instead of borrowing Oren's or Project Zetsubou's. That would explain why we aren't getting the game until early next year, I suppose....
Old 2013-07-06, 19:04   Link #173
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Thanks god I have a Vita. This and Xillia 2 now coming to the west soon, this just keeps getting better and better.
Old 2013-07-06, 19:06   Link #174
marvelB

^That's good. Now just make sure to steer clear of spoilers until then!
Old 2013-07-06, 21:03   Link #175
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
That'll be hard since I'm following the anime. I wonder if I should just skip the adaptation and wait for the game, or just continue considering the shows is coming along nicely and I wish to know more about what's about to happen. I have plenty to think about...
Old 2013-07-07, 04:53   Link #176
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Hm... Not sure about buying a Vita -just- for Danganronpa though. It'll have to have some other good game too.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 11:43   Link #177
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I can't find the translation of Dangan Ronpa IF anywhere. I believe I used to read it on the forum DR ages ago, but now it's gone!
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 12:07   Link #178
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I can't find the translation of Dangan Ronpa IF anywhere. I believe I used to read it on the forum DR ages ago, but now it's gone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
But on a more positive note, anyone who read the first game's LP to the end can check out the translation for Danganronpa IF in the meantime, as that project was just completed a couple days ago! I must say, it's a very interesting AU take on the first game's story, if I do say so myself.
Here you go.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-07, 15:38   Link #179
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
That'll be hard since I'm following the anime. I wonder if I should just skip the adaptation and wait for the game, or just continue considering the shows is coming along nicely and I wish to know more about what's about to happen. I have plenty to think about...
Certainly tempted to just put the adaptation on hold and just check it out after I've played the game down the road.
Old 2013-07-09, 09:48   Link #180
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

@ellifeedn Thanks for the link! I used to go there somehow but i couldn't remember how I got there!

I really wish there's continuation of DR IF.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote