AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Air

Notices

Old 2006-02-19, 23:30   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed.. the specials are superb and focus on the lighthearted moments of the trio's journey to take her to mom... it is kind of bittersweet since you know the ultimate fate of these wonderful characters.

I almost wish the series had focused on these characters they were so entertaining.
Old 2006-02-24, 17:07   Link #42
Shiokaze
Hitsugaya is my hero.

Anyone know where to get Air winamp skins?
Shiokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 12:19   Link #43
toshi123

Send a message via MSN to toshi123
I dont get AIR ( SPOILER)

I dont get the ending parts ok the travellor disapears and turns into a cat or something i think crow i forgot and then the girl starts to die away and loses her memory -.-?? that doesnt make any sense and who is that guy and whats up with the girl.... i forgot a bit about AIR but i dont think she dies.. but yehh whats up with that
toshi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-12, 12:29   Link #44
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39
Why does Haruko say that Misuzu doesn't really have any friends in Episode 5? I thought Misuzu and Kano were best friends?
Not really close friends, fact.. who knows if they knew who each other was before Yukito arrived.

& Toshi123, i know its hard to understand.. but if you just label in order what you don't understand & not all in one big paragraph, then people would be able to help.
Old 2006-03-17, 01:27   Link #45
buffboyali

Okie does anyone know whats going to happen to the wil of Ryuuri? Since yukito is a crow now, how is anyone going to pass down the wil? This is assuming the mission hasnt been accomplished yet. Or has the will been compeleted??? Because there is arguments on both sides.

Last edited by buffboyali; 2006-03-17 at 06:16.
buffboyali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-18, 13:24   Link #46
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffboyali
This is assuming the mission hasnt been accomplished yet. Or has the will been compeleted??? Because there is arguments on both sides.
There is simply no conclusive evidence to suggest whether the curse had been broken or not. It is an open end story which is upto the viewers to draw their own conclusions.

There was a poll before the forum crash where 2/3 of the participants voted the curse had not been broken while the remaining 1/3 voted it had.

I myself had voted positively simply because the little boy and girl at the end (which I assumed to be reincarnations of Yukito and Misuzu/Kanna) had done two things which are not possible under the curse:
  • Holding hands walking together (which siginify a close relationship);
  • Playing at the seaside.

Anyway, that's just my view. Like I said, the ending is really open for interpretation.
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-20, 04:25   Link #47
buffboyali

Quote:
Originally Posted by nani
There is simply no conclusive evidence to suggest whether the curse had been broken or not. It is an open end story which is upto the viewers to draw their own conclusions.
Well I wouldnt say"no" evidence because, soras( and the series's) finals words were:
"Before I knew it, I was looking at the sky, which had always been filled with a sad color, the endless blue that continues forever, the girl who returned to that infinity, the girl who is still all alone. So I will go on a voyage to continue searching for her. And some day I will bring her back, to welcome a new begening"

But this probably alone isnt enough proof to say the curse was brocken or not, but it does lean more towards continueing the wil which ultimately indicates that the curse hasnt been brocken. But its only just in theory and I agree with you saying that it is open ended because there is other evidence that shows( children holding hands) it has.
Old 2006-05-09, 12:25   Link #48
hoshino_crimsonwings

The curse is transferred from wings beings to wing beings is it not? Because Kanna is the last wing being alive, the "earth's memories" will be transffered to a human this time, and the human is Misuzu. The human's mind of be overwhelmed by the "earth's memories" thus killed in action. What happened is that misuzu was killed by it. So there are no more winged beings, and Misuzu dies. I guess the curse stops?;p

EDIT, one question for the people who played the game (I haven't, although I'm a BIG AIR fan; I don't like hentai so much :/)

What kind of "hentai" does the game actually have? I mean I can imagine yukito screwing other girls, but Misuzu? Wth? That's like pedophile crap, she's a little girl? O.o Who exactly screws who in the game? thanks.
Old 2006-05-10, 00:22   Link #49
Asirt
Your Friendly AIRhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoshino_crimsonwings
What kind of "hentai" does the game actually have? I mean I can imagine yukito screwing other girls, but Misuzu? Wth? That's like pedophile crap, she's a little girl? O.o Who exactly screws who in the game? thanks.
I haven't played very much of the game, so I can only tell you what I know. However, anyone who has played the game can add or correct me on the items I am about to describe.

The "H-Scenes" that you are referring to exist only in the Dream arc. There is only one adult image in the Summer arc. Yukito basically "does it" with all three of the main girls (Misuzu, Kano, and Minagi). I was a bit shocked at first to see these images as well, but later realized that the adult situations was not the reason why I enjoy AIR so much.

In Misuzu's story, there is a scene where Haruko is "touching" Misuzu. Quite odd, if you ask me. The rest is images of Misuzu naked and being involved in adult situations. The adult images has been censored.

In Kano's story, there is a scene of her and Hijiri "having fun" with Yukito. The rest is similar to Misuzu's story, only with Kano this time.

In Minagi's story, you have a naked image of her. Also, there are two endings to her story. One of them is a "dark" ending, which contains her being involved in adult situations with Yukito.

That's about all I know. Anyone can add to this or correct me if they wish.

By the way, if you're not into the adult images contained in AIR, there is an All Ages version available as well. Just look for it at HimeyaShop.com
Asirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 13:35   Link #50
hoshino_crimsonwings

Thanks, that was good help; I appreciate it. I don't really mind other girls in hentai situations (Not like I'm interested); but I just think it'd be SICK if Yukito screwed Misuzu. I mean the one from the anime looks uh..a bit under aged. The one in the movie seems older at least. From what it seems, the anime seems to be based off from the game. I'm sure AIR gamers don't play the game for the HCG though, otherwise they wouldn't choose AIR. ;p (By this I mean, they wouldn't want a "detail" plot if they're just looking for something to wank with)
Old 2006-05-11, 22:49   Link #51
Minoto

I prefer not to think of Misuzu that way either, but keep in mind that she's described as flighty and immature, and that she doesn't really act her age.

Spoiler:

I haven't seen her age definitively stated anywhere, but personally, I'd put her at sixteen -- consider the shot of her birthday cake in episode two:

I count twelve candles, and it looks like 1/4th of the cake has been removed so far, implying that it would have had sixteen candles on it originally.

Minagi and Kano should be pretty much the same age -- Misuzu introduces Minagi to Yukito as a classmate, which I interpret as being in the same year in school. Kano might be a little younger since she refers to having seen Misuzu's face a few times, but doesn't know her name, which could mean they're in different years, or just in different classes. Anyway, that's just my best guess...if there's a more concrete statement of the characters' ages that I've missed somewhere, I'd be glad to have it pointed out.
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 23:59   Link #52
Neaco
*Graphic Designer

Regarding H scenes, I could care less for them in any game but obviously there is a significant group of Key fans, in Japan at least that want them.

The outrage by them over Key's "clean" CLANNAD is a good example, forcing Key to make a adult version semi sequel to the sotry.

You can simply ignore them for the most part as they don't add anything much to the plot itself, being mere "requirements" that happen to go with the genre of these games, but Key is notable for minimizing that stuff down greatly for its games more than other traditional ones like Shuffle!.

Misuzu's age is a good question, was there ever any official info on that? In the game manual or manga perhaps? I would put here at around 16 or so. Obviously Yukito is probably around 20ish.
Neaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 00:48   Link #53
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asirt
In Misuzu's story, there is a scene where Haruko is "touching" Misuzu. Quite odd, if you ask me. The rest is images of Misuzu naked and being involved in adult situations. The adult images has been censored.
Wasn't that Yukito having some sort of um what would you call it dream? Can't think of the word so tired.... but it didn't really happen it was his imagination.
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 15:02   Link #54
Asirt
Your Friendly AIRhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_Otaku
Wasn't that Yukito having some sort of um what would you call it dream? Can't think of the word so tired.... but it didn't really happen it was his imagination.
Yeah, that seems right (given my very limited knowledge of Japanese). It's still odd of him to think such thoughts, though.

Quote:
Misuzu's age is a good question, was there ever any official info on that? In the game manual or manga perhaps? I would put here at around 16 or so. Obviously Yukito is probably around 20ish.
To my knowledge, there's no clear cut info about the ages of the three main girls, but most people seem to think they are between 16 and 17 years old. It would nice if there was an official source that info.
Asirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-12, 15:57   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hmm.. Misuzu comes of as a 16 year old to me.. the age kind of fits well with the story.

But yes, it would be good for official information.
Old 2006-05-17, 17:45   Link #56
buffboyali

i dont think I ever want to see this anime in its hentai version because it would just ruin the characters personalities that they build up. I mean the anime shows us how each girl is and then to all the sudden see them in hentai scenes is totally out of place. But its an H-game so they can do w/e.
Old 2006-05-17, 17:45   Link #57
buffboyali

edit: sorry double posted by accident
Old 2006-05-17, 21:50   Link #58
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Summer, seems like time for AIR I don't quite understand how this could ever be adult. It just wouldnt seem right. The girls have too sweet of personalities.

16, mmm, I thought she was younger, but it doesn't seem all too far off. The other girls do seem around that age.

I'll have to watch it again, but does it seem that Yukito and Misuzu remember what happened in the past or no? There's kinda some confusing parts (like the children at the end), hopefully it'll make sense another time around.

Its enjoyable anyway
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 00:03   Link #59
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryaken

I'll have to watch it again, but does it seem that Yukito and Misuzu remember what happened in the past or no? There's kinda some confusing parts (like the children at the end), hopefully it'll make sense another time around.

Its enjoyable anyway
Yea, I had to watch it like 3 times to really get everything (the ending is sad EVERY time). The kids at the end im still having trouble getting, i think they represent something, but what I don't know. My summer has just started, my last summer as a High School Student, so I think now is the perfect time to rewatch it!
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-18, 00:14   Link #60
Minoto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Yea, I had to watch it like 3 times to really get everything (the ending is sad EVERY time). The kids at the end im still having trouble getting, i think they represent something, but what I don't know. My summer has just started, my last summer as a High School Student, so I think now is the perfect time to rewatch it!
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff compressed into those last few minutes. To me, it always feels like it ends three times...they could have ended with the aozora scene, and left it a tragedy; or they could have ended it after Haruko's speech to Sora, and left it hopeful; instead, they end with the kids on the beach, for a complete WTF? ending. I suppose it could still be viewed as hopeful, considering the boy's last line, and the fact that they're walking off hand-in-hand, something which couldn't have happened before, but still...
Minoto is offline   Reply With Quote