Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-10-01, 14:01   Link #1
cheese4u
da big boss

Roger's crew

I was going to respond to this in the "is shanks that strong" thread, but this was too good to waste on a simple post. I beleive S C l-1 asked what happend to Gold Rogers crew. I beleive there are three possibilities.

1. They're all dead. (not likely)

2. I beleive that maybe if any of Gold Roger's crew is still alive it would have to be his first mate, and if his first mate is still alive I'm willing to bet that he may be the strongest Schichibukai of the seven, or the leader of some sort.

3. Perhaps the most likely in my opinion, is that Gold Roger's crew is at Raftel guarding one piece. Which would make for an exciting final battle.

What do you think? And please no stupid comments like we already did this thread. That is so annoying. If you want to answer it, then by all means answer it. No one is holding you at gunpoint and making you respond to a thread. You know who you are.

Sorry about the outburst but somebody had to say it.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-10-01, 15:07   Link #2
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I am wondering, if a strong member of the crew is alive, he needs be pretty well known. And becoming a Shichibukai would, in my opinion, result only through treason or something of that sort. Seeing how the crew sticks to each other, as in Luffy's crew, I don't really think that is possible. On the other hand, if your captain is executed by the government, why would you wanna work with them, even if you haven't sold out your crew?

Then, if that person is not working with the government, what else can he do? Become another strong pirate. But, then, his name would be known pretty well - as a member of Roger's crew, if that would be the case. However, we haven't received any information of that sort. And I don't really think the government would catch Roger, but leave the others alone, especially if Roger's guilt is something related to Robin. Also, that kind of killing only the leader would not be an appropriate display for the government's power, if the others are also strong enough to continue to cause problems.

So there are two remaining options: either they are all dead or some are hiding for some reason. Well, guarding one piece can be an interesting option, but, if that is the case, then they may not be alone (maybe with the descendants of a great kingdom).

Another thing that concerns me is related to the Roger's past that we were shown. I am not sure whether this is the same in the manga, but when he was drinking in a bar at the island where the Smoker was previously guarding, he was shown alone. Is it possible that he had small crew like Luffy? I guess it is possible, making each member as the strongest pirates around. I hope Merry is not a descendant of his ship then.

Note: Btw, it might be better to use manga in the tag, as it would be easier to discuss...
Old 2006-10-01, 15:15   Link #3
tidus0728

All of your opinion sounds good but I don't think any of them would have become a shichibukai or at least some kind of WG, or maine officials. Since in flashback in Water 7, the judge said ANYONE that has relationship with pirate king is considered dangerous and must be excuted. Even Tom who built a Pirate kngs ship was taken to Impel down, I don't think Marines or WG would be pleased if crew of Gold roger were to be a Sichibukai or some sort.

I have strong feeling its 3. although not final battle.
Old 2006-10-01, 15:29   Link #4
airsBlue

Send a message via MSN to airsBlue
yeah .. some of them still alive and we already saw one:
The doctor on roger ship was the man at the entrance of the grandline.

Tom build roger ship but didn't travel with him.

Quote:
Another thing that concerns me is related to the Roger's past that we were shown. I am not sure whether this is the same in the manga, but when he was drinking in a bar at the island where the Smoker was previously guarding, he was shown alone. Is it possible that he had small crew like Luffy? I guess it is possible, making each member as the strongest pirates around. I hope Merry is not a descendant of his ship then.
he only haded 1 ship, about his crew i am not sure if it was the same as luffy or shanks.. as u saw shanks haded a lot of people with him but he use 1 ship ... i believe roger was the same way shank is...

now, about the other people most of them (the weaks are dead) and the a few remaining are still watching over of the will of D. and some only knew about it without actualy having anything to do with it .. like: kukoro (from the last arc not sure if the name written is right), docotrina , and sky knight...

.. and yeah the strong ones may still guarding raftel for some reason ... and maybe his firstmate still alive and he is ... whitebeard !!!??

Quote:
All of your opinion sounds good but I don't think any of them would have become a shichibukai or at least some kind of WG, or maine officials. Since in flashback in Water 7, the judge said ANYONE that has relationship with pirate king is considered dangerous and must be excuted. Even Tom who built a Pirate kngs ship was taken to Impel down, I don't think Marines or WG would be pleased if crew of Gold roger were to be a Sichibukai or some sort.
if u remeber correctly Tom-san was able to make a deal with the WG to let him live to build the sea train , and the WG spared his life because of it so i don't think it's strange for WG to use 1 of roger's nakama as shichibukai to get his strengh and prevent him from building his own pirate crew and stop him from makeing troubles..

Last edited by airsBlue; 2006-10-01 at 15:53.
Old 2006-10-01, 15:47   Link #5
tidus0728

Quote:
.. and yeah the strong ones may still guarding raftel for some reason ... and maybe his firstmate still alive and he is ... whitebeard !!!??
Didn't Buggy said WB was a rival of Gold Roger?
Old 2006-10-01, 15:52   Link #6
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue
yeah .. some of them still alive and we already saw one:
The doctor on roger ship was the man at the entrance of the grandline.
That doctor seems to be not different than Dr. Kureha, and if I'd have to weight on the possibility of who could have been the doctor in Roger's crew, I would consider Kureha having the highest possibility. But, I don't think either of those was a crewmate of Roger. That doctor was waiting for the whale since it was pretty small (I guess for fifty years). Unless he changed his location for some part of those first 25 years, it is highly unlikely that he was in Roger's crew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidus0728
I am not sure who said it, but I also remember the mention of WB being a strong pirate when Roger was alive. But, I think, they didn't mention it as a pirate from another crew or from the same crew.
Old 2006-10-01, 19:47   Link #7
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I think we could get some idea about what happened to Roger's crew if we knew more about how exactly Roger was captured? Who could be capable of capturing someone who is considered the Pirate king? Did he give himself up?

The story itself may not consider Roger's crew important enough to reveal more info on them, so it may always remain one of those interesting mystery One Piece is riddled with.
Old 2006-10-02, 00:11   Link #8
airsBlue

Quote:
That doctor seems to be not different than Dr. Kureha, and if I'd have to weight on the possibility of who could have been the doctor in Roger's crew, I would consider Kureha having the highest possibility. But, I don't think either of those was a crewmate of Roger. That doctor was waiting for the whale since it was pretty small (I guess for fifty years). Unless he changed his location for some part of those first 25 years, it is highly unlikely that he was in Roger's crew.
i still remember some of that man talks, he was taking care of the whole for about 50 years, but he left him for a while (a little over 20 years ago) and became doctor on a pirate ship (he didn't mention thier name thought), and he seemed to really knows about roger. about Dr. Kureha she said it herself that she hate Traveling on ships or sailing, well that doesn't mean she didn't join roger so yeah i guess she could have been the other doctor (if u look at roger ike luffy, i don't think he care how many he haded with him as long as he think they are coooooooool )

also 1 other thing about the man with the whole, when he described the grandline they showed a map for the paths of grandline, and he was talking like he really reached the end of the grandline ... also Enis lobby and Imperial Prison, and Marines HQ shown on that map (i think it was the one on the left and they where without name)

Quote:
it wasn't buggy who said that .. buggy said that whitebeard was the only pirate that was able to fight on the same level with roger or something like that ..
actually when i suggest that .. it was the only way to solve some of the question on my mind but i knew that it alos haded more question that will need to be answered
what i wanted to solve:
1- if whitebeard and roger fighting level was almost the same ... are roger became the pirate king ... then why whitebeard still alive ?? a real battle between pirates mean someone will most likely get killed and roger isn't like luffy who leave people alive after the battles and whitebeard doesn't seems the kind that will escape to save his life.
2- why did WB needed all that time to make a pirate crew if he already haded one !!? and more if he was roger rivals why didn't he reach raftel after 20 years of roger death !!?
3- WB is gathering the people with D. name and taking care of them because he know something, and shanks know something about them either. something have to do with roger will

also i believe zoro is called a pirate (even thought he is known as pirate hunter) .. so if zoro even thought he follow luffy is to fight against luffy (and they did it a lot of time) and he will survive won't be he alos called as the pirate that fought at the same level as luffy (if luffy became the pirate king !!? and the fight happened after that as fun or something like testing thier skills)
Old 2006-10-02, 06:51   Link #9
modamer jahim

Mmmm a good point ......first you must think about how the pirate king Gol .D. Roger get cought hoooooooooowww ???? ok if the marines catch gol d roger thene they must catch the members crew ......... .........and why the member crew didn't save they captain ??????????????????????

thank u anyway

hehe im a new member here ....... mabe im the 1st lebanon man here ^_^
Old 2006-10-05, 16:56   Link #10
airsBlue

Quote:
Mmmm a good point ......first you must think about how the pirate king Gol .D. Roger get cought hoooooooooowww
in the one piece episode 277-278 , they showed Sangoku , and a few numbers of VA, that was 20 years ago and should be a little after gold roger was excuted ... after 20 years there was a huge change in WG powers specially the navy.

now to answer this question, we need to know
1- when the idea of the Shichibukai was created.
2- the structure of navy
3- the DF existed before roger reaching Raftel or him reaching raftel made the DF appears in the world

first to capture roger .. they need something to lore him with and if roger is really like luffy then they can get as many as the want
after that they will use all of the powers to catch him ... and the marines get really hurt at that time so they decided to not do the same thing anymore (that explain why WB still there)

Quote:
why the member crew didn't save they captain ??????????????????????
before the marines catch him, he told them to forget about him or he gave tham his will then let the marines catch him to give as many nakama as he can a chance to escape
he didn't escape because he achived everything he wanted to do and he doesn't have anything else he want anymore.
Old 2006-10-05, 19:39   Link #11
tidus0728

I'm curious about what happened to shichibukai's crew. As it seems when you become a shichibukai, you have to leave your ship. But then what happened to the crew?
Old 2006-10-06, 06:46   Link #12
modamer jahim

the shichibukai has a lots of things we dont know
1. who's the captain ??????
2. do you see names of the shichibukai they have an animals names like:
crocodile-don flamingo -Mi(HAwk).....ect
the shichibukai its a real story from the past they called them goverment dogs ......
Old 2006-10-07, 03:55   Link #13
sleroux
seigaku substitute

shichibukai's are roger's crew!

they betrayed roger, and sent him to death
eventhough roger is the strongest man ever, he would be no match for 4-5 shichibukai's together. And because of this betrayal, WhiteB can't no longer tolerate even the smallest deceit from his crew member.

this is a theory that had been out for a while,
I actually don't think it's bad!

Last edited by sleroux; 2006-10-10 at 05:58.
Old 2006-10-07, 14:43   Link #14
cheese4u
da big boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleroux View Post
shichibukai's are roger's crew!

they betrayed roger, and sent him to death
eventhough roger is the strongest man ever, he would be no match for 4-5 shichibukai's together. And because of this betrayal, WhiteB can't no longer tolerate even the smallest deceit from his crew member.

this is a teory that had been out for a while,
I actually don't think it's bad!
It's a good theory. Despite what some people say I'm certain that at least one schichibukai was a former member of Roger's crew. Though I don't think all of them are. Its either one or two tops.
Ya know, when a man works hard his entire life enduring hundreds of ladies, many of whom he does not even remember you'd like to think that at the end of the day he will be given a lot of money, without having had to earn it. -Leon Phelps
Old 2006-10-08, 07:56   Link #15
regasatanum

roger is the greatest pirate, like luffy, he will have the ability to recognise who's his worthy nakama. and his nakama wont be anyone that will betray one another.
Old 2006-10-08, 12:41   Link #16
modamer jahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by regasatanum View Post
roger is the greatest pirate, like luffy, he will have the ability to recognise who's his worthy nakama. and his nakama wont be anyone that will betray one another.
you are right my friend
Old 2006-10-08, 16:23   Link #17
airsBlue

in many events, people who knew roger said that luffy give the same expression or feeliing like roger .. so in skypie why didn't roger ring the bell, he could have ended the war 20-25 years ago before luffy even visited skypie !!!?

Quote:
so who told about tom-san being the one that built roger ship !!!?
Old 2006-10-09, 17:12   Link #18
Climhazard
Funk Freed

Quote:
Originally Posted by airsBlue View Post
in many events, people who knew roger said that luffy give the same expression or feeliing like roger .. so in skypie why didn't roger ring the bell, he could have ended the war 20-25 years ago before luffy even visited skypie !!!?

so who told about tom-san being the one that built roger ship !!!?
In a massive ship building city i guess it would be pretty obvious that he was building a ship for Roger, it was bound to come out sooner or later be it from a worker or random citizen.
Old 2006-10-09, 22:56   Link #19
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

The reason why luffy gives the same feeling...because they are related^^
Old 2006-10-10, 21:32   Link #20
Escaa™
_______

I always had a feeling that Dragon is one of the people left over from Roger's crew...it would explain his insane power and why he's so wanted.
Closed Thread