Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-21, 16:34   Link #1261
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I rather have someone else bring down Zero's empire to bring a new age of chaos (as the new protagonist). It can be a survivor of CC's race or a Britannian.

He can have a similar/different Geass than Lelouch but is less calculating and something like Suzaku (more impulsive)
That's not a bad idea, I likes it.
Old 2010-04-22, 03:43   Link #1262
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelia aurita View Post
Well, let's see. The new thing is called Code Geass: Gaiden Boukoku no Akito (『コードギアス GAIDEN 亡国のアキト』 ). Some pictures of the BD so far.

edit: Maybe I put the colon in the wrong place. It's more like "Code Geass Side Story: Akito of the Ruined/Destroyed/some-better-sounding-synomym Country".

edit2:
Moved from the Image thread to this one.

....A sequel, and the 'Guren' Lagann reference is funnier then hell.

Oh and, why is Nagisa there? (I'm almost certain that is Naggy-isha. Giving that woman representation for Japan is a horribly counterproductive idea fabulous idea!)

I also swore from the castle screenshot it would be something medieval.. guess not. Oh well, long as there is more Kallen there is a storyline I don't mind.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-04-22 at 04:02.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 03:53   Link #1263
konart

looks like an OVA, don't know is it good or bad, but still...
Old 2010-04-22, 03:55   Link #1264
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
My two cents:

Prequel: No one wants to see this do they? Star Wars has already set the stage for unnecessary prequels. I think we know enough about C.C's background to make our conclusions. And I'm sure C.C fans would rather see her character continue to develop than to see her past regression into the cynical witch.

Sequel: Better than nothing, but there's always the risk the characters get Dragon Ball GT treatment. Suzaku grows a mustache, Nunnally descends into hell to rescue Lelouch and gets stuck there. Fanboys slash their wrists as C.C gets with Tamaki and Kallen hooks up with Gino

AU: Alright its not the world we know and love. But there's a lesser risk of total disappointment or character derailment, plus Lelouch could be alive and it wouldn't be an asspull. However I'd prefer to see a world within the same timelines or in the "future" so we get awesome mecha action. There were no robots in the past!

Remake: I don't know, my initial thought is that it seems unnecessary, however I do think R2 fell pretty short of greatness. A remake would be fine if they don't half ass it. Suzaku's geass connection, Kallen's background, Knights info, everything that was cut needs to be packed in.

So in conclusion. I'm interested in

1) AU
2a) Remake
2b) Sequel
3) Prequel
To me, a remake of Season Two is ideal. I just feel that something is missing. In retrospect, I wish that Taniguchi would have stuck to his original plan for Code Geass R2 instead of abandoning them. It might have made a whole lot of sense going forward.

A final question:

Lelouch desired to die because he wanted to atone for his sins. Does anyone feel that Lelouch's mind was warpped because he had been DEAD since he was born. A comment that was made by Charles. Could this had been the words that led towards the Demon Path. A role that was pre-destined?

What would have been a outcome for Lelouch in the end:

1. To leave this world in hopes of being reborn in an alternate world where he and Nunnally are in the care of loved ones?

2. Lelouch is cursed yet again due to unknowling obtaining Charles' Geass. Thus, he now an immortal, like C.C., forever destined to roam the world as a slave who can not be among his loved ones.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 03:59   Link #1265
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
looks like an OVA, don't know is it good or bad, but still...
It was mentioned that the lives of the rest of the characters will move forward. Only Lelouch's story was put to a stop. It they continue the story from where R2 had left off, then this will likely be the outcome, it seems. Suzaku will carry on the will of Zero from this day forward. This Lelouch's dream until someone comes along and destroys it.
Old 2010-04-22, 04:00   Link #1266
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Darth, you're given an edit button on your posts for a reason. Use it.
Old 2010-04-22, 04:03   Link #1267
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by rising dragon View Post
darth, you're given an edit button on your posts for a reason. use it.
mind your own business!!!!!!!!
Old 2010-04-22, 04:05   Link #1268
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why? You're the one breaking the rules. There is no reason to double or triple post when you can multiquote or edit.
Old 2010-04-22, 04:30   Link #1269
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Purpose of this thread is to discuss about your expectation, speculation, and to add to any new information the fans come to find out. Everyone also needs to keep in mind that at no point can anyone cross the personal territories in any manner where another poster will be made uncomfortable by a comment.
Please remain calm in other words. I'd hate to see the good moderators perform cleanup because of some insignificant blunder like this.

Read carefully, you are indeed given a edit for a reason. Delete your previous posts and put it all in the first one, simple. As. That.

Or we could bicker and derail even further then it has already gone. Lovely I know, but do keep to the topic at hand. This is a splendid day, don't you think? I believe we should keep to the topic at the moment.

Now then... I am actually somewhat surprised they actually chose to do a sequel -- I expected an AU or a prequel. But this is very fulfilling to know. An OAV seems the most likely, but that doesn't sound so bad.

EDIT:

Speculation: The Nightmare forces de Weisser .

De Weisser is German... How very amusing. Weiss means 'white' in German, Weisser possibly means 'whitened'. I know some German; but only a limited amount.

Weisser might actually be a pun on 'Devicer', though that might be my interpretation of it.

Last edited by Arbitres; 2010-04-22 at 04:53. Reason: Speculation, how swell~
Old 2010-04-22, 04:58   Link #1270
konart

Well, the "EU battlefield is Hell"(地獄の欧州戦線 ), so it could be that some problems will come from Germany
Old 2010-04-22, 05:40   Link #1271
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

De Weisser is German... How very amusing. Weiss means 'white' in German, Weisser possibly means 'whitened'. I know some German; but only a limited amount.
It could be indeed a pseudo-German word, though "Weisser" in that form doesn't exist. Well, except if it's supposed to mean "more white (than)", but I think that' not something anyone would really say like that if given some time to think about it. xD
The "de" also isn't German. Not that that means anything in the world of anime.

Quote:
Weisser might actually be a pun on 'Devicer', though that might be my interpretation of it.
Ha, thought the same thing.
Old 2010-04-22, 05:41   Link #1272
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamMeisterLockon View Post
A German enemy perhaps? first we had the brits ,so this time it could be the germans?
Yes, Germans. I know we are badasses~<3

To be more on topic, it is very possible for Germans to be nazified in this, which would be disappointing. Though I hope they are actually just a part of a coalition of enemies, or are actually with the 'protagonist side'.

Then again, the De Weisser is German, so it's entirely possible the protagonist is German. All we know for certain is De Weisser is German, and the EU is involved somehow.

How splendid. My homeland may have a significant role to play in my favorite anime~~

Ahem... De Weisser seems to be a tad of a mistranslation. Der meaning 'The', So maybe 'The Whitened'? That sounds eccentric. EDIT: So Weisser was a mistranslation as well - I figured so... Still, It's something.

Depressingly, they probably won't dub it if it turns out to be an OAV :tears:

EDIT: Damn Nogi, you beat me to the 'De' thing. Oh well~
Old 2010-04-22, 06:34   Link #1273
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

a new geass works in germany well any bets for returning characters also more answers to be revealed?!

besides if somehow pull more twist on it really can somebody explain more of this geass world?!
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 06:41   Link #1274
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
EDIT:

I thought it was 'Budweisser' to me.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:24   Link #1275
Laurcus
The black angel

I gotta say, I like what I see so far. Though I also have to say if this is just an OVA I am gonna be one pissed off fanboy. We're talking broken keyboards, teeth being knocked out, and blood everywhere.....followed by a lot of crying in the corner.

We've waited too long, and there's been far too much buildup and secrecy for this to just be an OVA. New series or bust imo!

I am a little nervous that there's gonna be a different writer and director. But at the same time if these new people are good, it could make things interesting. We still don't know enough for me to come out with my crazy speculations yet, so for now i'm just gonna bite my tongue and adopt a wait and see approach.
Old 2010-04-22, 07:30   Link #1276
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This may be a foolish question but...what are the facts about the new project?
Old 2010-04-22, 07:37   Link #1277
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Facts? Right on the screenshots...

Other then that, simply wild speculations of fandom. Though I can udnerstand the frustration of there not being more then 45+ minutes of Kallen screentime not getting an actual series and just an OAV. It would be unfortunate, considering how secretive they've been about it. Don't worry Lau, I understand your pain... Though I can just as easily accept a OAV.

Just simple wild speculation until we get a translator.

everyone pray and hope Eternal dreamer gets on today~
Old 2010-04-22, 07:38   Link #1278
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Need a translator then because the screenshots are useless since I can't read Japanese.
Old 2010-04-22, 07:39   Link #1279
Xander

It's way too early to tell, but I'm glad that there is apparently a new director and writer team here, in addition the fact they're just making a side story and not an R3 or anything of the sort. Why? I'd just like to see a different take on the subject matter and see if it works or not.

I don't think an OVA would necessarily be a bad idea. It would allow for better production value and perhaps more creative freedom than what a regular TV schedule permits. Ostensibly, it should look a lot better and perhaps there will be some interesting aspects to it.

Last edited by Xander; 2010-04-22 at 08:17.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-22, 07:40   Link #1280
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This may be a foolish question but...what are the facts about the new project?
Leaving the manga away the facts are:
It's a sequel
Something happens there with EU involved somehow.
Japan has Knightmares massproduction now

That's all, I guess

Tags
drama, mecha