AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-25, 11:47   Link #521
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Trust me, I'm a writer and I know from writer's block - it's brutal. Because I write and have no artistic talent whatsoever I actually identify much more with Takagi than Masahiro in that sense. I totally think Takagi was doing nothing wrong - it's just that from Masahiro's POV, not knowing how hard Takagi might have been working, it looks bad.

On the assistant thing, well - if I were Masahiro that would have bothered me. Despite being the one with the knowledge of the industry, it seems like Hattori is always running everything through Takagi first - it's always Takagi's phone he calls, always Takagi he addresses first when they meet. When the assistant thing came up, I think he should have called Masahiro and told him about it - and then qualified it by telling Masahiro to run it by Takagi and make sure it didn't pose a problem. It's a small distinction but important, I think - why should those two be deciding whether Masahiro should even be told about the job in the first place?
That's why Mashiro needs to get a stick out of his ass because he sees nothing except himself and Azuki what is putting Shujin under a lot of pressure yet he didn't complain even once.

Shujin was the one who got them together and had organized everything. Mashiro didn't want to do it at first so no wonder that Shuji gets more attention. Besides seeing how stuborn Mashiro is and for no real reason, I also would talk to Takagi first because he has a clear head with no weird ideas and obsessions and actually consults with Mashiro before doing something while Mashiro does take all the actions on his own (points at torn apart name and going mainstream).

Mashiro is selfish and deserves some lesson.

Don't mind if they will get into a fight, might get him thinking properly.
Old 2011-01-25, 17:57   Link #522
Aqua Knight

Finally Takagi got what he deserved
And Mashiro pisses me off at some moments, he really acts like a selfish,irrational jerk.
But I'm really looking forward to next episodes.
Old 2011-01-25, 23:23   Link #523
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

So I saw this episode had the one scene I really wanted to see animated . . .

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed that it wasn't as over the top as it could have been or happy that it was as subtle as it should have been.

Definitely don't feel the need for a gif of it though, so I guess I'll be disappointed.
Old 2011-01-26, 03:24   Link #524
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
So I saw this episode had the one scene I really wanted to see animated . . .

I'm not sure if I should be disappointed that it wasn't as over the top as it could have been or happy that it was as subtle as it should have been.

Definitely don't feel the need for a gif of it though, so I guess I'll be disappointed.
What scene was that?
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 08:16   Link #525
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Miyoshi's gym scene, of course.
Old 2011-01-30, 11:12   Link #526
Vicious108

As expected of a Junichi Suwabe character, Fukuda's pretty slick. Best episode in a long time, if only all of them were as focused on manga as this one.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 17:42   Link #527
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 16. Wall and a Kiss

I could not stop feeling bad for our two boys.

Granted, we really want our work to reap the reward, but there's something or someone telling us you're still not good, and we lose.

And once we lose, we get frustrated and feel that the entire world has shut the door in front of us. However, this is part of growing-up through life. The part that is telling us to accept defeat and things cannot be undone.

Where do we go from defeat to our next destination? First to stop feeling self-pitying for ourselves, getting up and stand, then, finally, walk towards the things and people you like to be with.

I think that the boys have the answer right in front of them, and that is what do they [Bwant and ]like[/B] to do.

Surely, listening and watching an anime within an anime felt a little strange, but Takagi finally summoning his courage and passion to kiss Kaya made me jump (metaphorically speaking).
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 18:24   Link #528
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Damn i was so bored , finally it becomes interesting with ep 17. Funny that they were helping their rival , poor Nakai , he's stuck beeing an assistant.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 19:50   Link #529
kitten320

Wow... it was probably the first time that I was not annoyed with Mashiro... hope he will keep it up.
Old 2011-01-31, 18:13   Link #530
Kallen4life

loved ep17, loved Fukuda
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 19:54   Link #531
HandofFate

Fukuda's debut was pretty good.

To be honest, from the manga, I couldn't tell if Fukuda was a guy or girl.

But anyway, the voice for him fitted well, and he has a good air of confidence about him. Looks like he's gonna turn out to be one of my more favorite side-characters.

Nakai-san is obviously there to show that not everyone aspiring to be a mangaka achieve it.
Old 2011-01-31, 23:46   Link #532
blue_sora

Spoiler for ep 17:
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 00:18   Link #533
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, I liked Fukuda and all but I really thought he went out of his way to be a dick to Nakai. Haven't read the manga but I've read enough mangas to know that Nakai is going to get the last laugh, of course- but while Eiji was just being thoughtless, Fukuda was being intentionally cruel.

What I like about Fukuda is that he's neither a pumped-up kid or a desperate guy staring failure in the face - he's a driven, hard-working young adult who believes in his talent but has to pay the rent.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2011-02-01 at 02:06.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 02:00   Link #534
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Yeah, I liked Fukuda and all but I really thought he went out of his way to be a dick to Nakai. Haven't read the manga but I've read enough to know that Nakai is going to get the last laugh, of course- but while Eiji was just being thoughtless, Fukuda was being intentionally cruel.

What I like about Fukuda is that he's neither a pumped-up kid or a desperate guy staring failure in the face - he's a driven, hard-working young adult who believes in his talent but has to pay the rent.
Yeah I feel for Nakai. Fukuda is being pretty brutal about his thoughts. He may not be realistically wrong since spending so much time being an assistant can't leave him much time to work on his own stuff. Not to mention if he's been assisting for so long the odds of him finally getting serialized can't be great. Luckily it is anime so he's got a shot. Might gain something by working with these young and talented guys. At the very least the fire might get lit up a bit for his effort.

I'm glad Mashiro didn't completely lose it about Takagi. With his personality wondering if he is working on the name is about what I'd expect from him. Still don't think he really gets situation he's pushed Takagi into with his stubborn desire to be mainstream. If you admit the other guy writes stories much better than work on things based on his strengths in writing....

Some good development for Niizuma though. Think that he did need young manga guys around him to set him straight. People he can respect and so can hear their critique. Of course part of the problem is his editor. Guy seems lazy and it seems like he thinks that he can just ride Niizuma's success without really pushing. The assistants did all the work in setting Niizuma straight.
Old 2011-02-06, 15:07   Link #535
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
woah episode 18 had a lot of plot development. Looks like Mashiro is getting impatient with Takagi and got pissed off saying that Azuki and him are the weird ones. Takagi seems to be working on a mystery name instead of a battle one, and Mashiro wants to create something with his detective character. It's funny how both came out with the idea around the same time but looking at the preview it looks like Takagi might not make the deadline and has to give back the key, so I'm guessing they're breaking up?

Nakai's burning eyes near the middle of the episode is foreshadowing something? maybe he finally got something to serialize? ROFL even if he did his drawings are only good for background so there's no way. That talk about Jump and the popular manga does seem biased and the voting thing does make sense. I would not like people knowing that I like Ecchi mangas, etc.
Old 2011-02-06, 16:21   Link #536
Vicious108

First half of 18 was great. It's too bad the assistant stint is over cause that was the best the show's been in ages.

Second half was back to the ehhhhh romance. Those two kids need to learn about bros before hos tbqh.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:07   Link #537
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I know what they mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
Nakai's burning eyes near the middle of the episode is foreshadowing something? maybe he finally got something to serialize? ROFL even if he did his drawings are only good for background so there's no way.
How do you figure? We've never seen him draw anything besides backgrounds yet. And his backgrounds are godly, so he's definitely got some skills.
Old 2011-02-06, 17:31   Link #538
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I know what they mean.
That's what was known back in the days of chapter 24 as the Bakuman Bump. It actually made me go and start reading TLR 2 years ago. Funny how Mashiro's talking about its center and color pages is even more fitting now than it was then.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 17:53   Link #539
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Page 17. Goblin and Kindness

This was an excellent chapter.

I say this because when Mashiro, Fukuda, and Eiji start exchanging advice and ideas about how to get CROW better as a manga, throughout all the conversation I felt as if I was amongst them talking and discussing about the same thing that all of us at this thread love so much: manga.

This tells me that the manga industry isn't as it easy, as when someone buys manga and reads it.

There are the names, later the manuscripts, the meetings with the editor; the editors themselves form part of the mangaka's team.

Fukuda's has a little more experience about editors, and he's right that a mangaka's work first needs feedback and approval from their editor to move on and get serialized.
Of course, I do not forget, that at the end keeping the readers interested and entertained is what counts in any other work, not just manga.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-06, 23:46   Link #540
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

I know what they mean.

How do you figure? We've never seen him draw anything besides backgrounds yet. And his backgrounds are godly, so he's definitely got some skills.
I haven't read the manga and even I know Nakai is going to hit it big. He's raised a ton of GAR flags in the last two episodes.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comic works, coming of age, shounen