AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-10, 17:18   Link #1201
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

Decent movie. Liked seeing all those other witches. The potential to see some spin off series...
Predictable ending, but still got me a bit teary eyed when they all reunited. Plus Sakamoto's laugh, that laugh is awesome.
RIP all the nameless/faceless soldiers. Poor guys.

Glad to see Shirley & Hartman got a fair amount of screen time!

The new girl was pretty fun to watch.
Old 2012-11-10, 18:38   Link #1202
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say the movie was pretty nice. I really enjoyed getting to see the various Witches that are out there. Though you know that they aren't the only Witches, it's nice to actually see the various teams out there.

Of course would have liked to see more of Sanya and Eila, but had to divide the screentime somehow . I did like the Perrine scenes and the ever entertaining duo of Hartmann and Barkhorn. Those two really do get each other despite their contrasting personalities. Liked Barkhorn holding onto a chocolate bar (probably expecting Hartmann to get hungry) and Hartmann dropping Yoshika's name to send Barkhorn out battle ready .

Damn, we saw plenty of regular people getting owned in this one . Ground forces just getting slaughtered.

All in all pretty entertaining. Plot wasn't anything huge, just mostly another nice chance to see the various characters once again. That and set things up for a 3rd season if they care to go for it.
Old 2012-11-11, 08:16   Link #1203
Sol Falling

Really enjoyed the movie, will look forward to the (hopefully) eventual S3.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:20   Link #1204
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting, long before Neuroi came Monsters existed (which had Neuroi patterns) that Witches in historical apocrypha fought.

So the Neuroi could be an old adversary in new skin.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-11, 19:21   Link #1205
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I did like the Perrine scenes and the ever entertaining duo of Hartmann and Barkhorn.
Perrine's character development made her from one of my least favourite characters to one of my favourite characters. The scene with her instructing the orphans and talking to Hattori reinforces her growth as a character

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Damn, we saw plenty of regular people getting owned in this one . Ground forces just getting slaughtered.
That seems to be a reminder of the fact that the Witches themselves are necessary. It's been three works (two TV seasons and a movie), and there haven't been any signs that the Neuroi are being defeated yet. That third season will be much anticipated in that regard, as we see more campaigns against Neuroi in different regions
Old 2012-11-11, 22:39   Link #1206
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Now that was such a great movie I hope funi get it and puts it out soon the last part was just so awesome

come on season 3
Old 2012-11-11, 22:48   Link #1207
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
Perrine's character development made her from one of my least favourite characters to one of my favourite characters. The scene with her instructing the orphans and talking to Hattori reinforces her growth as a character
Yeah, I'd agree that her development really took her up some notches in terms of likability. The whole scene just seemed to confirm how far she's come. A helpful person in terms of understanding how the new girl felt. She could see both sides of that issue.

Quote:
That seems to be a reminder of the fact that the Witches themselves are necessary. It's been three works (two TV seasons and a movie), and there haven't been any signs that the Neuroi are being defeated yet. That third season will be much anticipated in that regard, as we see more campaigns against Neuroi in different regions
Yeah, I was just kind of taken back by the heavy slaughter for the regular guys. Even without the shields and air maneuverability thought they could do a bit more than simply get curb stomped. Oh well at least there is always the Navy .

They have managed to push them back, but certainly the Neuroi threat still is there. A lot of homelands are still under Neuroi control and it won't be over until those guys are booted back to wherever they came from.
Old 2012-11-11, 23:28   Link #1208
Midonin
Last Engage

No matter how old I get, scenes like the one where the entire squad flies to Yoshika's side will never fail to get me to tear up. The stakes were a little higher than the TV series for sure, and it feels like a natural extension of the storyline. All the camera zoom-in on things that are not panties, and therefore not embarrassing (not that I mind) can't take away from the emotion of seeing this group of friends together. And the fight choreography was beautiful. A very entertaining movie.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 03:14   Link #1209
ReddyRedWolf

Know what is interesting in one of ancient depictions, a guy was fighting with a pair of witches.

What does that mean?
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 17:20   Link #1210
dfens

Reddy: What it means is that since ancient times witches or young girls with magical powers have been fighting evil/monsters when regular men could not get the job done. So through out history witches played a pivotal role in protecting mankind in the darkest of hours.

Also it has been hinted in other works and from the scenes from the movie of those parts that Neuroi have been around a lot longer than 1939, that they appeared in smaller numbers and took the form of creatures instead of planes, rockets, and other aircraft etc.

Look at those monsters their scale patterns and red parts they look just like the Neuroi color patterns, hint hint.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-12, 23:23   Link #1211
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

So basically a Witch's job is never finished.

I never quite finished Season One and skipped Season Two, and watched the movie... hot damn it was full of awesome from start to finish, and that fabulous scene at the end. Simply awesome. It was so magnificent, the way 501st JFW regrouped midair.

Also, I was really amused at, but also touched, at how Trude did a complete 180 when she learned Yoshika was in the AO, from being unwilling to head out to investigate, to being loaded for bear and on her way, come hell or high water.

Also fuck yes Yamato. It's nice to see a battleship being used for something other than cannon fodder.

I ain't deleting this from my hard drive anytime soon.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 10:53   Link #1212
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

At some point I'll have to admit that Yoshika getting her magic back was something of an asspull.

But hey, fuck that, Rule of Cool is a rule for a reason.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 11:11   Link #1213
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
At some point I'll have to admit that Yoshika getting her magic back was something of an asspull.
I don't think so. Yoshika is young, and her family seems to have a strong reserve of magic in the bloodline.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 11:24   Link #1214
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Which, at least based on what we've seen, has its limits, and Yoshika used up a hell of a lot supposedly at the end of S2.

And IIRC the age of 18 is the operating limit ala Sakamoto. She has two years left.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 11:30   Link #1215
Sumeragi
Banned

Operating limit is different from actual depletion. Operating limit is based on how much output a witch can make, with a focus on whether the output is enough for combat. As time passes, a witch would not be able to keep up with the required output to run the units and also the shields. Basically, it's similar to the voltage: A battery can be recharged, but the voltage might decrease with time. For all I can see Yoshika used up her reserves, with it taking time for her to actually recharge.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 14:51   Link #1216
dfens

Actually the operating limit for a witch is age 20, which after that a witch can no longer generate enough magic to erect a shield. So without a shield 1 hit would be fatal so they are no longer sent into combat it's a military rule.

But as long as they don't over use their magic they can have it till they are seniors.

They can still fly with a striker or broom and still use their specialty magic to a degree, like miyafuji's mother and grandmother still can use healing magic maybe not as strong as when they were younger.

Most of the time when they hit 20 or older a witch will become a instructor for the new generation. Mio still would be flying and using her magic eye if she didn't use the reppumaru sword which prematurely used all of her remaining magic so now she has none. Maybe one day it will recover just a little we will have to wait and see.

As for Yoshika it had to happen she was the main character but also she was always a special case witch, that had a level of magic that no regular witch has. Her magic level was on a whole another level that probably was the highest of any recorded witch in the strike witches universe.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 18:01   Link #1217
jdennis007

Remember this was the same girl who burnt out her striker unit with her power (not an easy feat to do), she could raise shields that could cover the whole unit, so why would it surprise you that she got her power back.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-13, 22:20   Link #1218
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Let's face it, Yoshika's magical power has always been kind of hax. Considering all she's been able to do being able to suddenly recover her magic and go all out doesn't shock me at all. In the end you just nod and say "here comes the big battle of the movie" .
Old 2012-11-14, 03:09   Link #1219
Kyuu
=^^=

As soon as this entire franchise is done -- they need to make an entirely new series -- based on the Jet Age.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 07:52   Link #1220
konoaho

New art from Fumikane, posted on twitter.

Although not having a clue of who this is, I'm pretty sure that's the Karlsland cross she's wearing. Correct me if I'm wrong.
konoaho is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume