AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-04-05, 01:53   Link #1
ochelz

Manga Vs Anime Similarities and Differents

I just read the Manga and its somewhat different from the Anime. While comparing both of them, the Anime is much better. Its more clear and understandable then the Manga. And the transition is much better.

The Same

Rosette Character is the same
Joshua Charceter is the Same
Aion Character Is the Same
Azmaria Character Is the Same

The Differents ( There are many things different but ill point out the main ones)

Chrno Character is a little bit different. He seems a lil bit more bad ass in the manga. He fights more instead of just carring luggage, and he goes into a berserk mode in his "child form" which is koo.

Stella Character is also different. She befriends with Chrno when they first meet and doesnt seem to hate demons as much in the manga. While the anime, she still have doubts about him and really hate demons. Her backround story is also different. A hornless demon (which i dont know) destoryed her town in the Manga, while Aion destroyed her town in the Anime.

Plot is very different. It seems the that pursers are still attacking Chrno and Rosette in the Manga while the anime they join forces.

Rosette and Chrno interraction in the Manga seems alot sweeter then the anime. They are a little bit more physical while the anime they look at each other most of the time. But Rosette did kiss Chrno in the anime, while the manga didnt have that part in the story.

In the Manga, Chrno changes forms too many time while taking Rosettes life. I think that doesnt make sense cause we all know how much Chrno never wants to change to protect Rosette.

And thats pretty much it. I do recommend reading the Manga too. Its different and for the people who wants more, its good to read.
ochelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 03:20   Link #2
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochelz
I just read the Manga and its somewhat different from the Anime. While comparing both of them, the Anime is much better. Its more clear and understandable then the Manga. And the transition is much better.
I do not share the same opinion. The manga in my opinion is way way better than the anime adaptation. In terms of plot, story, character development, it is miles ahead.

Quote:
Aion Character Is the Same
Azmaria Character Is the Same
Wrong. Aion's character has been totally polarised as absolute evil in the anime. His whole demon gang has been polarised as well. Manga Aion is not totally vicious nor evil in his plots. Nor did he go around perversely groping women. Neither were his demon cohort totally bloodthirsty dumb thugs spoiling for fights. Aion also has a closer relationship style with the Fiore & Joshua than the "I'm just going to use you" in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =ochelz
Stella Character is also different. She befriends with Chrno when they first meet and doesnt seem to hate demons as much in the manga. While the anime, she still have doubts about him and really hate demons. Her backround story is also different. A hornless demon (which i dont know) destoryed her town in the Manga, while Aion destroyed her town in the Anime.
That which you quote are differences are the same. Satella hates demons because a hornless demon destroyed her home and slaughtered her family, kidnapping her sister. She searches for her sister. She mistook Chrno for the hornless demon at the start but have doubts about whether he is the culprit. All doubts are gone when she meets Aion, the other hornless demon.

The clear difference between anime Satella & manga Satella is that manga Satella does not behave wantonly and is not a fanservice centerpiece.

Quote:
In the Manga, Chrno changes forms too many time while taking Rosettes life. I think that doesnt make sense cause we all know how much Chrno never wants to change to protect Rosette.
He changes forms because if he doesn't Rosette would have died. He could not have shielded Rosette from the attacks then if he was just plain chibi-Chrno. He kept his transformations to a minimum as well. The time he transformed not for protecting Rosette, was when he was in a Berserker rage. Even then, Rosette's astral form managed to clam him down.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-05, 18:33   Link #3
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
I second that, Manga > Anime.

Chrno's became a side character

Satella = fanservice

Rosette IS GETTING ANNOYING

They killed Wid off in one episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they portrayed him as a thug who's spoiling for a fight instead of the honorable warrior and admirer of life he is supposed to be!!!

Deufo handed Aion his ass in 3 pages!!!! Yet he didn't kill Jenai in 2 seconds?

Remington is less humorous and is becoming a sidekick character

5 sinners defeated the entire Pandemonium guard contigents and the Queen herself? Gimme a break! The sinners number more than that, those 5 were the only one who survived!

Pursuers joining forces WITH THE ORDER? With A SINNGER who's killed 100 of his own kind? (not to mention that they're high class demons)

Aion's shadow? Gimme a fu*king break, it's way overpowered. Aion never shows himself nor attacks unless he knows he has a real purpose and 100% chances of success. Same w/ Wid and Jenai attacking. Aion's not evil at all, and he's a compassionate leader who cares for his men. Chrno is like the closest thing he has to a true brother.

Those 2 demons with Deufo aren't supposed to be the "good guys," they tried to kill the gang off.

Sheda is also becoming fanservieish

Did i mention Satella?

I'm going to stop right here, since the list goes on and on. Like i've said before, CC = SLAUGHTERED

I wonder how they're going to pull off the Chrno Berserk scene with Wid out of the picture....
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 13:55   Link #4
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, although I agree manga > anime in most aspects, I think the idea of Persuers joining with the Order is great. I just always wanted to have a plot where Good joins with Evil to fight against a common enemy. while the Persuers in the anime is not exactly "good", they are just doing what will benefit themselves... about Deufo's decrease in power, I don't like that, but I guess that's a small sacrifice to pay to see the awesome alliance between Demons and the Church, since if the Persuers are too powerful, there won't be any reason to join up with the Order for them.

Anyway, the only thing I like in the anime that's better than the manga is the demon/church alliance, and I love it
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-06, 18:29   Link #5
Kaka
罪人クロノ

I 100% agree with Yebyosh and Colonel-..............

yes, Rosette is somewhat annoying in the anime, and azmaria is just way too annoying in the anime.........personally I think the anime kinda insults the original series from the manga....
Kaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 13:03   Link #6
shukaku

It is difficult to compare th anime and the manga, cause a lot of main events has been changed in the story (the Pursuers who join the Order) and particulary the episode 19 since for those who saw it the last episodes will not be like the last acts of the manga. Let's just hope that Gonzo will be able to finish the anime with an ending much better than the manga. In fact you can like the anime only if you have not read the manga.
shukaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-19, 11:41   Link #7
Anamo

Since when does the manga set the story in stone?? I've only read the first 4 vol's of the manga so far and i'm liking the anime alot more.

I'm so sick of people complaining that the anime counterpart of a manga has be slaguhtered... i'm guessing if the anime came first you'll complain about the manga not being upto par!!
Anamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-21, 22:37   Link #8
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
That just shows your ignorance, ever heard of character analysis, plot depth, character background, etc?

You're the first one who claimed that Anime > Manga, and volume 8 is about to be released, probably sometime in Spring according to the author.
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 09:33   Link #9
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anamo
Since when does the manga set the story in stone?? I've only read the first 4 vol's of the manga so far and i'm liking the anime alot more.
You haven't gone far enough in the manga where the two start deviating a lot more.

Quote:
I'm so sick of people complaining that the anime counterpart of a manga has be slaguhtered... i'm guessing if the anime came first you'll complain about the manga not being upto par!!

If it's the truth most of the time why can't people mention it? Slayers, Full Metal Alchemist, and Cowboy Bebop come in mind as exceptions (at least to me), and with the exception of the Slayers, the other two were made after manga.
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 12:10   Link #10
vesentac
Long time troller

As must as I enjoy animes based upon mangas, you have to always love the manga first before the anime.

This definitely counts. The manga is a lot better than the anime.
vesentac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-22, 19:58   Link #11
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I think both has their own charms.

Personally like the manga better, since I find it has less cliche scenes.

I mean fireworks exploded behind hugging/kissing Chrno and Rosette?! Geeze I seriously never saw that before!

But its not like the anime has nothing good. It does has some original stuff I like.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-08, 22:42   Link #12
fluffy

I think the ones that saw the manga first like the manga and the ones that watched the anime first are in a state of confusion (such as me @.@)

I personally like CC manga more than anime because in the anime there are so many redundant fillers and weird story/characters development....

Satella.... she's sooo annoying in the anime and acts like a b*tch

Azmaria is also annoying in the anime.... -.-;

Aion is wayyy cooler in the manga! I respect him in the manga but not in the anime... he's a super perverted doomed villain in the anime but in manga he's a formidable leader (not only using his men, but he also cares for them, e.g. rizel) In the anime, he also keeps doing sexual harrassments to Rosette! o.O;

Is it just me or in the anime our little Chrno's part is much less than Rosette's? C'mon.... the anime's called Chrno Crusade mann.... >.>;

What's with Remington being an angel in the anime????

Aion's subordinates and Deufo's strength has been reduced to the minimum in the anime >.>; Omg.... How could they conquer Pandemonium with such strength?

I don't like how Deufo joins forces with the order and Chrno.... Has he lost his pride as a pursuer?? o.O;;;;

Aion vs Chrno and destroying the city is much better than Joshua vs Chrno >>; (As I said, anime Aion sucks!)

However, CC anime has some good points too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I mean fireworks exploded behind hugging/kissing Chrno and Rosette?! Geeze I seriously never saw that before!
Heheh... I love that scene :P That's what makes me like the anime Rosette having her stigmata then Chrno hugged her and said, 'I won't let you die.... No matter what the costs...' with the sweet BGM was just tooo sweet (I was really touched!) The anime definitely has more romance development between Chrno and Rosette.... in the manga they look more like friends than a couple.....

The quest-searching-for-cold-medicine-for-Chrno's quite entertaining too

The musics and BGMs give many good points for the anime! *thumb up*
fluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-09, 14:09   Link #13
Kaka
罪人クロノ

heh, the chrno and rosette part in 18 was the only part that I like in the anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffy
IAion vs Chrno and destroying the city is much better than Joshua vs Chrno >>; (As I said, anime Aion sucks!)
100% agree again =__=
although it was more like chrno vs vid
Old 2004-05-22, 00:22   Link #14
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The problem for those who read and fell in love with the manga first is that the manga is good, so good to a great extent that those of you, who were eagerly anticipating an anime adaptation from the manga, expected that the anime carried on with the same flair, treatment, depth, and seriousness to both the plot and the characters.

I got to see first the anime before acquainting myself with the manga, and my opinion is that the anime ranges from decent to good. While it is true that the manga goes beyond the anime and gives fairer dramatization to the story and characters, the anime, on the other hand, possess good qualities: the ill-fated friendship of Rosette & Chrno which may end up in tragedy.

I already read and saw the complete fifth volume of the manga. My personal conclusion is that both formats hold on their own weight at their very own ways.

The simple thing that I did was perceiving the anime and manga as different from each other, and boy it did worked for me.

I think that the anime has being indiscriminately and unfairly attacked because it didn't managed to fill upon the shoes of the manga because was not given the very same treatment.

Being impartial, I will not deny that the anime has obvious flaws and defects that drastically and utterly altered the dramatization and feeling characterization that many of you (readers) perceived in the manga.

But hey, everyone in GONZO who made the anime are humans. This isn't a perfect world where we live in, and we are not perfect either.

Probably, for those who read the manga first, the anime would have had worked modestly on you, if hadn't you perceived it with the same feeling and eyes regarding the manga.

You could have likely enjoyed the anime for the fun, comicity, and the biblical cliché polarization factors. However, instead you made martyr of yourselves (Absolutely no pun intended) expecting that anime would have gone further the manga.

I compare Chrno Crusade anime analogous to Vincent Van Gogh's creations. Similar that during his age, Van Gogh's creations were utterly repudiated and rejected by the community of that time. Nearly a century later after his death, the future generations made justice to his genious and artwork.
Likely, the same will happen with Chrno Crusade anime. The future anime fan generations will acknowledge this series good for its comicity and fun action.

Three more things:
1. Say whatever you like Chrno Crusade manga readers, I (my very own person) do not perceive Rosette annoying in the anime. On the contrary, I (myself again) think Rosette's the same in both anime and manga.

2. While it is true that Satella is a wantonly woman and bitch (but a very cool bitch), I do not perceive her as a fanservice girl of sorts. In my own opinion, Satella's personality in the manga is very foolish and annoying to me.

3. I love manga Aion as anime Aion is cool. For God's sake, Aion is a demon is obvious that the Gonzo crew gave him the biblical demon personality treated in Christianity, as opposed to the demon self treated in the religions of the Far East like Japan. Something naturally borned evil can't be turned to good, as also something naturally borned good can't be turned evil.
We are humans borned neither pure good nor pure evil, so we can fall to temptation as also rectify ourselves during the course of our earthly lives.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:33   Link #15
Kaka
罪人クロノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
The problem for those who read and fell in love with the manga first is that the manga is good, so good to a great extent that those of you, who were eagerly anticipating an anime adaptation from the manga, expected that the anime carried on with the same flair, treatment, depth, and seriousness to both the plot and the characters.
unfortunately I did not read the manga first
Old 2004-06-12, 21:39   Link #16
Shift_

Diffrences between the manga ending and anime ending *spoilers galore*

So here I'm trying to figure out the diffrence between the manga of the anime and the manga...

feel free to spoil every last detail
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 11:23   Link #17
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

the manga ends with Chrno disappeared to end the final battle, and Rossette believed that he would come back to her someday for sure, so she waited, not knowing how much more time left for her (not too much for sure), and not knowing whether Chrno was really alive or not, but still she waited for Chrno's return with the firm belief that he would return eventually.
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 12:32   Link #18
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Nearing the end of the manga, Joshua recovers his memories. Both he and Rosette reunited at last before the final battle, Joshua repented from having called Chrno a 'monster', and he helps Azmaria plus the other apostles.

As for Azmaria, at the end she narrates that Rosette kept on waiting for Chrno, but she wasn't certain if Rosette whether would lived for one more day or one more year.
Unlike the anime end, were she became a nun for the Magdala Convent and we saw her now as a teenager, in the manga end, Azmaria is a grown-up adult woman and likely a housewoman (the manga never implied whether she married or not)
It can be infered from the manga end that 10 years passed after Rosette's death, and Azmaria lead a normal, civilian life and kept wondering about the memories she shared with Rosette & Chrno. Grown-up Azmaria is holding the broken pocket watch and places it over a table where it stands the picture of the four of them (She, Satella, Rosette, and Chrno), that they took together on the night of the festival.

The time setting for both manga and anime is also different.
Whereas the anime takes place in the year 1928 and ends in 1929, following the Black Thursday (beginning of the Great Depression) Incident, the manga takes place in the year 1924 and likely might have ended in 1925.

Also notice that in the anime when Rosette's lifetime finished, the pocketwatch turned off, and then she died alongside Chrno, both holding their hands.
In the manga, however, Chrno crushed the pocketwatch breaking it but not destroying it.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-14, 18:04   Link #19
Shift_

so the ending of the anime was alot more closed...damned people leaving plot holes...don't they realize plot holes = evil?
Shift_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 15:43   Link #20
rorosama

Geez such depressing endings for such likeable characters.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote