AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Full Metal Panic

Notices

Old 2004-08-09, 04:43   Link #41
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

.Charo. I know you meant well, but please use the spoiler tag next time. Just a friendly reminder.
Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 04:59   Link #42
.Charo.

Sorry

hehe..sorry I don't know how and i will try to learn but i did warn the people..
.Charo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-09, 15:39   Link #43
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Just in case you wanted the info:

The third series' title is "Full Metal Panic! the second raid" and will be done by Kyoto Animation, director Takemoto Yasuhiro (same person as FMP?f)

Author Gatoh Shoji says: "I will be fully involved in this third installment. There will be anime original stories and characters and will do my best not to disappoint fans!"

Source: http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20040807
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 13:52   Link #44
Xaros

eny1 knows if it will be another fmpf or it will continue the original story???????
Xaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 15:20   Link #45
NarutoHead

Send a message via AIM to NarutoHead
yosh! more Panic!

Me- I hope it would continue with Full Metal Panic Fumoffu's style or atleast like 6 more episodes to fumoffu to really add some finish to it.

but from the title "the second raid" it's obvouisly going to be action mech stuff.

As long as it has Chidori n Sagara i'm good. And honestly I hope it's not like in FMP where...
Spoiler:

Either way, My curiosity only had me click on a couple spoiler tags here so It didn't ruin too much.

Plus it's not even out yet so you all could be wrong. and It's been a long time- any new news?
NarutoHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-12, 00:54   Link #46
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarutoHead
yosh! more Panic!

Me- I hope it would continue with Full Metal Panic Fumoffu's style or atleast like 6 more episodes to fumoffu to really add some finish to it.

but from the title "the second raid" it's obvouisly going to be action mech stuff.

As long as it has Chidori n Sagara i'm good. And honestly I hope it's not like in FMP where...
Spoiler:

Either way, My curiosity only had me click on a couple spoiler tags here so It didn't ruin too much.

Plus it's not even out yet so you all could be wrong. and It's been a long time- any new news?
Spoiler:
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-15, 07:10   Link #47
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kero Gunsou
I don't see that happening anytime soon because there's not much left to cover. FMP season 1 + FMP Fumoffu pretty much went over all the full-length novels and the short stories published in Dragon Magazine(with the exception of one or two short side stories and the last full-length novel). Anything left over was pretty much covered in the manga(from what I saw in vol1~5).

Our only hope is if the studio will do a 13 eps TV or 4~5ep OVA for the last full-length novel if the demand is there.
Hmm... I heard there were 6 full-length novels already and only the first 3 were covered in the 2 anime series? so I guess it's not that unlikely to do another full length anime series (24-26 eps) epsecially since the author is going to write some original plot just for it... Also someone said the available novel material is enough for even two more seasons?

BTW, is there any new full-length novels still in the work? How has the story developed so far? I sooooo want to see MITHRIL getting blown into pieces
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-16, 13:56   Link #48
sj4iy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
Hmm... I heard there were 6 full-length novels already and only the first 3 were covered in the 2 anime series? so I guess it's not that unlikely to do another full length anime series (24-26 eps) epsecially since the author is going to write some original plot just for it... Also someone said the available novel material is enough for even two more seasons?

BTW, is there any new full-length novels still in the work? How has the story developed so far? I sooooo want to see MITHRIL getting blown into pieces
From what I've read in dragon magazine, there are more full-length novels coming. The ones that are available in compilation form that were not covered in the original series were the 2 volumes of "Owaru Day by Day" and "Odoru Very Merry Christmas" (translations can be found here: http://www.boku-tachi.net)- but the story doesn't end there. There were quite a few of the short stories that weren't animated in either of the first two series, but I would definitely love to see the full-length story animated again- they were able to stretch the first 3 full-length novels to 24 episodes (with a few filler episodes, but they were too bad), so I think they could definitely do the same to the next 3.
sj4iy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 18:16   Link #49
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
According to MOON PHASE and Full-Meta, the latest issue of Newtype has confirmed the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
"FMP! tsr" will more likely cover the two "Owaru Day by Day" novels
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 05:11   Link #50
odin

Day by Day is pretty good.. Hopefully, they will throw in some filler episodes similar to Fumoffu.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-14, 13:02   Link #51
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Spoiler:

I think that's one of the few things that might be 'adjusted' to further create tension between the three...not saying they'll change the outcome, but I'm guessing that the path to reaching it will be a bit different than the novel's progression. Of course, that's just a guess.
Old 2004-09-16, 15:05   Link #52
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCntry
Spoiler:

I think that's one of the few things that might be 'adjusted' to further create tension between the three...not saying they'll change the outcome, but I'm guessing that the path to reaching it will be a bit different than the novel's progression. Of course, that's just a guess.
I would rather see that Chidori and Sagara gets together early, so we don't get the same thing as in prevorious FMP, where they don't even kiss
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 03:55   Link #53
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
MOON PHASE Notes Gatoh Intervew in Magazine

As reported in a recent entry on MOON PHASE:

According to an Nikkei Characters magazine interview with Gatoh Shouji, the creator of the Full Metal Panic! franchise, Full Metal Panic! the second raid is slated for a 2005 release. It is confirmed that the medium will be Television.

Personal reaction: It's nothing new, but it sets some already much-speculated details down in stone. I'm personally worried about the new show being aired on FujiTV, even if the past FMP!'s have not gone as far as, say Girls Bravo, in original planning (in terms of nudity and such).
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 17:22   Link #54
Hoshino Hikari
<3

ahhh!? Is there a season3?!?!?
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-24, 22:48   Link #55
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melazoma
As reported in a recent entry on MOON PHASE:

According to an Nikkei Characters magazine interview with Gatoh Shouji, the creator of the Full Metal Panic! franchise, Full Metal Panic! the second raid is slated for a 2005 release. It is confirmed that the medium will be Television.

Personal reaction: It's nothing new, but it sets some already much-speculated details down in stone. I'm personally worried about the new show being aired on FujiTV, even if the past FMP!'s have not gone as far as, say Girls Bravo, in original planning (in terms of nudity and such).
I honestly cannot remember too much in the terms for ecchiness in the novels, there were moments but no worse than that of what was found in the prior two shows. There's a bit more dramatic feel to the story, however, with the inclusion of a couple characters and their effects on the tension between Kaname, Sousuke, and Tessa...but I cannot fathom seeing them go the distance of something like DearS or Girls Bravo in terms of 'flair'...just doesn't seem like something that would happen.
Old 2004-09-27, 21:58   Link #56
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
Excellent! We'll finally see Amalgram Executioners in action and Leonardo!
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-05, 12:42   Link #57
dreamless

not sure if this is posted or not,
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/fujimi/panic/panic.html

so it's confirmed that the third season will be mainly based on 終わるデイ・バイ・デイ , the 4th and 5th books of the novels.
Old 2004-10-06, 14:31   Link #58
Hoshino Hikari
<3

so there seriously is going to be a third season?
Hoshino Hikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-06, 18:49   Link #59
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
not sure if this is posted or not,
http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/fujimi/panic/panic.html

so it's confirmed that the third season will be mainly based on 終わるデイ・バイ・デイ , the 4th and 5th books of the novels.
It is ? I punched that website through babel fish and I still couldn't figure out where the offical annoucement was.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 05:51   Link #60
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin
It is ? I punched that website through babel fish and I still couldn't figure out where the offical annoucement was.
it's at the very top paragraph of the page
Quote:
『フルメタ』のアニメ化の話がまたもや浮上中! 今度は、宗介とかなめの絆が最も深く結ばれるエピソード「 終わるデイ・バイ・デイ」がアニメになるらしいぞ。
roughly it says the story of the new Full Metal animation is revealed. This time it's the story where Sousuke and Kaname develop their deepest bond, 終わるデイ・バイ・デイ , that's turned into animation.

Tags
there is a god!